Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,768 comments
Thanks, but that's ancient history. PS has changed a bit since 2011. That format is not available in my list. Here are my settings. Perhaps someone could tell me what's wrong. They open fine in my photoshop and as you can see also work for previews and in game at my end.View attachment 990849
Save them as BC3:

upload_2021-2-11_0-10-6.png

This version of the Volkswagen Golf 6 GTI from AssettoLand is improved, where the first release had issues.
Not sure about the engine sound.

I edited the driver3d.ini to adjust the hand rotation--changed LOCK from 200 to 360. It's better, maybe could be tweaked.
Copy the attached data.acd file into the car's folder and overwrite.

Direct Download Link

6d4b9b_1407eee280cd41928db522703a2be5f3~mv2.jpg
Aside from the car looks not at all like a GTI, or R, or a base Golf....

I have created a custom championship for Assetto Corsa for the 2021 NASCAR season with every track and most of the drivers (limited to max of 24 in each race). I also created a zip folder that I can upload to mega that can be easily copied into everyone's assetto corsa folders and would give them all the cars (2019 versions) and all the tracks (exception for Texas since paid mod, so I substituted Charlotte), after compression it comes to around 4GB in total. This will make it much easier for everyone to be able to have a 2021 season ready to go.

Anyways, currently I am in the permission seeking phase as the following are all those who have helped create the different aspects of the mod collection, I have noted those who's permission I've already received. I have sent out emails or directly messaged all the mod creators, but I thought I might get quicker responses by posting on here too.

2019 Toyota Camry, Ford Mustang, & Chevy Camaro - Darren Schier, Mac Ten, & Assetto Corsa Nascar Mod team

Any idea where I can find those three cars?

Last edited:
Thanks, but that's ancient history. PS has changed a bit since 2011. That format is not available in my list. Here are my settings. Perhaps someone could tell me what's wrong. They open fine in my photoshop and as you can see also work for previews and in game at my end.View attachment 990849

I have issues with the BC7 format sometimes (but not always). I believe it's a newer DDS format which isn't fully supported by the old AC engine.

I believe the BC3 with alpha is functionally the same as the DXT5 with alpha setting in the old plugin.

More video of the "uncontrollable" 904 with "terrible physics". Zero assists and minor setup changes again.

Having driven several older 911's (which is as close to this 904 replica as I can personally relate to), I found the car to be delightfully easy to control once I decreased the damping. Depending on the track, the car responds very well to minor setup changes.

As to your point that driving in a sim is harder than IRL, that might be true for a trained athlete like Button with many years of track experience. What's true for a F1 World Champion is assuredly not necessarily true for you, or me.

Most people would find it very difficult to, for instance, keep their foot on the throttle in a fast sweeper at 100mph when the rear of the car starts feeling light. Or mastering threshold braking when the penalty for getting it wrong is a trip into the barriers. Many people can't even seem to leave a car meet without inadvertently demonstrating a tank-slapper, so I think you're vastly overestimating the average skill level out there. The sheer violence of braking in something like an 80's Trans Am or GTO car would be more than 99% of people could handle, without some sort of real-world preparation (such as a few years driving progressively quicker cars). I can tell you it feels almost exactly like having a fairly serious accident. It's that violent. And it's on every corner.

With regard to your statement about real drivers complaining about lack of grip, it sounds like you're referring to iRacings ridiculous tire model, not AC's (there were several very well-publicized incidents of pro drivers calling them out during broadcasts). I've yet to hear a single pro driver say that about AC. Most agree it's a little too forgiving in terms of allowed slip angles, but overall so much better than iRacing's insanity and definitely good enough. My rule is: If I can't drift in a sim, it's not realistic. Because I'm a decent drifter IRL.

I can drift that 904 all day.

Actually it's pretty much factual, from real world driver driver feedback, that sims make the idea of driving racing much much harder than it should be...

The main entry to racing cars at any level is...money...not skill, not talent.....money.....

I don't think you can safely say no one on this forum could keep heat into the tyres of an Alfa tipo 33 with any real weight behind that statement...

When I for example judge a mod cars physics, or any sim car, some just don't feel like driving a car. It's not about the difficulty its about the simple fact that a car, any car, should feel like driving a car...

I think this is where people are going with this 904.

The fact that some in the sim world jump to the "maybe it's beyond you" doesn't help in the long run, same reason it took rfactor2 years and years to realise they had the tyre model totally wrong regards grip....

And why during the lockdown sim races with real race drivers the main points of contention in many of the sims used was unrealistic lack of grip.

Jenson Button famously said of rfactor2 that it was far harder than real life!

Last edited:
Hi , i found this car , but he is dont have lights , anyonne to fix this?
https://sharemods.com/ivr7yqlg8bgz/fsr_audi_rs_tt_2019.zip.html

Looks like crap but I guess it's better than nothing. Replace the contents of the "lights.ini" file in the data folder with this:

[HEADER]
VERSION=2

[BRAKE_0]
NAME=LOD_A_BRAKES_RIGHT_mm_lights
COLOR=800,30,0.0
OFF_COLOR=0.0,0.0,0.0

[BRAKE_1]
NAME=LOD_A_BRAKES_BOOT_mm_lights
COLOR=800,30,0.0
OFF_COLOR=0.0,0.0,0.0

[BRAKE_2]
NAME=LOD_A_BRAKES_LEFT_mm_lights
COLOR=800,30,0.0
OFF_COLOR=0.0,0.0,0.0

[LIGHT_0]
NAME=LOD_A_BODY_mm_lights
COLOR=240.0,210.0,290

Too bad this mod isn't better, I've been looking for a good modern TT RS street car.

From Fecebook. Drives and looks good. Maybe we can help him fix the shifting animation.
I didn't create this mod, but I can pass feedback, etc., back to him.

Erik Wispelwey
Assetto Corsa Tuned Mods & 4k Photos

ctYessShteerudatcamyss sdfart 1po0lnsomr:fnr51 eiedAM ·

It's never seen the light of day as a real car but, with a few minor changes, it's probably one of my all time favorit looking Lambo's.
I've named it the Nuovo Miura SV, because it isn't a Miura but obviously a descendant of that iconic car.
The original concept car didn't have a running chassis, just a bodyshell with interior, so I felt free to put in an updated, upgraded and extensively tuned version of the Miura's transversely mounted V12. This time with 4.4 liter and a healthy 584hp/8700rpm.
Although it does have a manual 6-speed, the default final ratio makes it in effect a 5-speed, with 6th gear acting as an overdrive.
There's an option to make it a proper 6-speed in the ingame setup.
Original mod is by Zorrogsi & BetoFR.
https://www.mediafire.com/.../lamborghini_nuovo.../file

PS I know the shifting animation is a bit off, but I'm not able to do anything about that.

What a pleasant surprise this was. Thanks for posting the car here, I haven't seen this anywhere else. Another 9/10 mod I almost missed because of not having a FB-account...

Ok I have resaved these .dds with @norms setting. They have been kindly tested by @Fanapryde and work for him as well as for me. They still don't show in AC vanilla showroom, but they do in Custom Showroom and can be used to generate previews, and they show in game. Please PM if they don't work for you. You can of course copy any of the taped lights .dds to any skin folder, and delete or rename if you don't want the tape.

For those that haven't followed the posts, these are skins which provide taped headlights, race style, for Luke's fantastic new Ferrari 250GT SWB SEFAC.

Attachments

• skins.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Ok I have resaved these .dds with @norms setting. They have been kindly tested by @Fanapryde and work for him as well as for me. They still don't show in AC vanilla showroom, but they do in Custom Showroom and can be used to generate previews, and they show in game. Please PM if they don't work for you. You can of course copy any of the taped lights .dds to any skin folder, and delete or rename if you don't want the tape.

For those that haven't followed the posts, these are skins which provide taped headlights, race style, for Luke's fantastic new Ferrari 250GT SWB SEFAC.

Lookin' great in CM-Showroom now! Great work and commitment to figure this out.

I like the variations of black, white, and the "diagonal" orientation, headlights only. Maybe you could add more variations, colors, orientation, headlights and driving lights, headlights only, etc. ...if you're not tired of working on this already.

I've attached a "setup" Zip file to select one of the three variations available now, to install them with other skins. It includes an installation README, and the DDS files are named correctly, in their individual folders. You can add the other variations to this (if you produce them) and repackage everything if you wish.

__custom_showroom_1613038505.jpg

__custom_showroom_1613038626.jpg

__custom_showroom_1613038682.jpg

Attachments

• Ferrari 250 GT SWB Taped Headlights by TimLotus.zip
    69.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Looks like crap but I guess it's better than nothing. Replace the contents of the "lights.ini" file in the data folder with this:

[HEADER]
VERSION=2

[BRAKE_0]
NAME=LOD_A_BRAKES_RIGHT_mm_lights
COLOR=800,30,0.0
OFF_COLOR=0.0,0.0,0.0

[BRAKE_1]
NAME=LOD_A_BRAKES_BOOT_mm_lights
COLOR=800,30,0.0
OFF_COLOR=0.0,0.0,0.0

[BRAKE_2]
NAME=LOD_A_BRAKES_LEFT_mm_lights
COLOR=800,30,0.0
OFF_COLOR=0.0,0.0,0.0

[LIGHT_0]
NAME=LOD_A_BODY_mm_lights
COLOR=240.0,210.0,290

Too bad this mod isn't better, I've been looking for a good modern TT RS street car.

Thank you! Do you have a solution to have the speedometer also working (the gauge needle does not show up)?

Last edited:
Lookin' great in CM-Showroom now! Great work and commitment to figure this out.

I like the variations of black, white, and the "diagonal" orientation, headlights only. Maybe you could add more variations, colors, orientation, headlights and driving lights, headlights only, etc. ...if you're not tired of working on this already.

I've attached a "setup" Zip file to select one of the three variations available now, to install them with other skins. It includes an installation README, and the DDS files are named correctly, in their individual folders. You can add the other variations to this (if you produce them) and repackage everything if you wish.

View attachment 990921

View attachment 990922

View attachment 990924

Thanks so much for this setup Zip! it's a great idea. The taped lights are dead easy to do so I will take up your suggestion of more variations. I am trying to base them on photos of real examples of this car, just as Luke (and StoffelWaffle) have provided authentic skins for each chassis. Luke has also been in touch about including all these options in further releases, alongside other improvements which should result in an absolutely first-rate mod.

I will allow myself to indulge slightly in fantasy with tape colour etc! :cheers:

I have loved the 250GT SWB ever since I was given this for Christmas 1963

IMG_3755 (002).JPG

Last edited:
Speaking of showrooms i might be able to rip and port the showrooms from the first TDU game when i have the time for it. Since i found out where are the files and i know how to port them into an FBX or an OBJ. Will have to see how showrooms work first tho.
2021.02.11-12.12.png

2021.02.11-12.12_02.png

2021.02.11-12.14.png

Same goes for the car dealers.
2021.02.11-12.26.png

2021.02.11-12.27.png

Last edited:
Thank you! Do you have a solution to have the speedometer also working (the gauge needle does not show up)?
& @NewYuriCity @diego b gomes

This mod shows a lot of promise, but it needs work. Likely it was ripped from a mobile app. The rear tires are off the ground (in replays), the interior needs quite a bit of modeling to replace "flat" features and some material/textures--UVW work, the gas cap should be modeled, rather than just a flat image, physics reworked, and more.

Post with link
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2222#post-13348465

Lights Fix (edited lights.ini attached below)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2226#post-13349502

__custom_showroom_1613042892.jpg

Attachments

• lights-place in data folder.zip
    457 bytes · Views: 40
Last edited:

This mod shows a lot of promise, but it needs work. Likely it was ripped from a mobile app. The rear tires are off the ground (in replays), the interior needs quite a bit of modeling to replace "flat" features and some material/textures--UVW work, and the gas cap should be modeled, rather than just a flat image.

Post with link
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2222#post-13348465

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2226#post-13349502

View attachment 990935

Unfortunately it also has way too much hp and the sound from the Kunos R8 V10, whereas it's supposed to have a 5 cyl. turbo (a great (sounding) engine btw)

This mod shows a lot of promise, but it needs work. Likely it was ripped from a mobile app. The rear tires are off the ground (in replays), the interior needs quite a bit of modeling to replace "flat" features and some material/textures--UVW work, and the gas cap should be modeled, rather than just a flat image.

Post with link

View attachment 990935

..waiting till years to get the newer Audi TTRS road car in AssettoCorsa. I hope anyone will do a proper TT RS for AC sometime. Perhaps this post helps to get someones hands on doing a TTRS road car.

Audi-TT-RS-Facelift-2019-1.jpg

Last edited:
Installed in the right folder (AC/content/showroom), clicked the links, then... This. Must've done something wrong cause... They look utterly broken. How do I remove them from /loaded ?

PiN6ovD.png
They are not "perfect", but I think many will enjoy.
The presets are in:
\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Presets\Custom Showroom\Loaded

Hi. I m using simple pp off (csp 1.69 + sol 2.0.2) to maintain 90 fps with a vr quest 2. And it's really good. I saw some settings in sol app to change the overall brightness. But is it a way to lower color saturation with pp off? thank you for your answers.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back