Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,044 comments
Unfortunately it also has way too much hp and the sound from the Kunos R8 V10, whereas it's supposed to have a 5 cyl. turbo (a great (sounding) engine btw)

I have used the Kunos sound from the TT Cup car. It fits as long as you lower the max. rpm in the corresponding ini.

Last edited:
Good morning all, need some help.

Last night couple of my friends and I fired up AC. We all have CSP and SOL installed. Here is the issue, both of them said the "sky was black" I asked them what ver. of CSP SOL and their combined answer silence.

Is this a known issue? Hopefully so, maybe there is a known fix? If not a direct fix, Can anyone lead me in the correct direction to try and trouble shot for my friends?

I really miss racing with them and kicking their azz.

Last edited:
is the decrypted version of the original extraction floating around anywhere? (original GMT and DDS)

I love this track in AMS and cannot wait till they bring it to AMS2, especially if they include the supertruck series! but interim would not mind replacing the mirrored trees with rotated trees. they always look a bit strange. Spectators and also strangely rotated and very dark in this version.

@VheEth compare the grass variation in the original AMS to the converted one, th AMS version is nice and natural versus just, well , green. How to convert them so they stay the same?>

Also

How hard is it to add the animated cars and trucks etc from the original tracks into AC? Is it just a path animation like the balloons and planes

(grabbed a quick AMS clip to explain what I mean, the trees just look so much better in the original engine, and that always seems to get lost iin the conversions (and the grass variation), and near the bttom end before you turn back in you can see the animated traffic. apologies shakiness i forgot I had trackir running.

for the trackmakers, while I was poking a stick at a track I finally found a lightweight tileable grass texture that tiles, keeps good colour variation and does not look like crap.. (sattelite feel without the overhead), nice natural greens and browns. works best (IMO) at

ksperpixel
ksambient 0.2
ksdiffuse on 0.2
and everything else on 0.
(on this track uv repeat in Blender to X8 in both U and V)
YMMV

DDS attached to post. original VTF texture for valve from here
I´ve only the converted track, so no original GMT or DDS, sorry.
As mentioned before, I liked that track but not the look of the card boarded trees. That was the main intention to improve them, if possible.

I think the screenshots for that drygrass are from Mendig, right?
They look very well. :dopey: 👍
Could you please share your fbx or kn5 file?
I tried that uv repeat in Blender to X8 in both U and V, but maybe I didn´t it right?
It looks imo weird:
upload_2021-2-11_15-54-57.png

Should there really be that big black parts?
Sorry, I can´t still test it in game, but it don´t look right in my imagination. These black areas in particular look too dark and large for me.

About animated vehicles: never done that yet. Maybe an expert will have to jump in to help here. My Blender foo isn´t yet so high... :(

Good morning all, need some help.

Last night couple of my friends and I fired up AC. We all have CSP and SOL installed. Here is the issue, both of them said the "sky was black" I asked them what ver. of CSP SOL and their combined answer silence.

Is this a known issue? Hopefully so, maybe there is a known fix? If not a direct fix, Can anyone lead me in the correct direction to try and trouble shot for my friends?

I really miss racing with them and kicking their azz.
Hi. Yes it’s usually a mismatch with csp version and sol. I would suggest csp 1.70 and SOL 2 or higher

& @NewYuriCity @diego b gomes

This mod shows a lot of promise, but it needs work. Likely it was ripped from a mobile app. The rear tires are off the ground (in replays), the interior needs quite a bit of modeling to replace "flat" features and some material/textures--UVW work, the gas cap should be modeled, rather than just a flat image, physics reworked, and more.

Post with link
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2222#post-13348465

Lights Fix (edited lights.ini attached below)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2226#post-13349502

View attachment 990935

Looks like the the modder forgot to put normal maps. This is like like 0.3 Beta.

Actually it's pretty much factual, from real world driver driver feedback, that sims make the idea of driving racing much much harder than it should be...

The main entry to racing cars at any level is...money...not skill, not talent.....money.....

I don't think you can safely say no one on this forum could keep heat into the tyres of an Alfa tipo 33 with any real weight behind that statement...

When I for example judge a mod cars physics, or any sim car, some just don't feel like driving a car. It's not about the difficulty its about the simple fact that a car, any car, should feel like driving a car...

I think this is where people are going with this 904.

The fact that some in the sim world jump to the "maybe it's beyond you" doesn't help in the long run, same reason it took rfactor2 years and years to realise they had the tyre model totally wrong regards grip....

And why during the lockdown sim races with real race drivers the main points of contention in many of the sims used was unrealistic lack of grip.

Jenson Button famously said of rfactor2 that it was far harder than real life!
Yes and No.

Driving just about any car at 8/10ths is not particularly challenging, particularly on track and as long as the tyres are up to temperature. However, extracting the maximum out of a car on the track, and doing so consistently lap after lap is a different story, that most certainly does require talent (otherwise we would see pay-drivers dominating in every series, and that still doesn't happen at all).

Then add in the fact that some cars are simply easier and more friendly to drive on track than others, some tyre compounds are more friendly to drive on track than others, and that the feeling you get on track in comparison to dring on the road is quite, quite different (very different grade of tarmac, different camber, lack of road crowns, etc.) and it's not a simple one size fits all argument at all.

The trickiest cars to get the most out of on track in my personal experience are actually road cars, as you reach the limit of the car well before you start pushing the limits of the track, but with a dedicated track or race car, you will be exploring the limits of the track often well before the limits of the car. The last time I was at a track I drove a Caymen S, A110s and Formula Renault back to back, the hardest to get the most out of was the Caymen, the easiest (by a long shot) was the Formula Renault. Yet I also know that if you get it wrong the Formula Renault is the one that will bite back the hardest.

The above is a comparison between AC and the original AMS (ISI engine the same as RFactor 2) and both compare well with reality in terms of grip and FFB.

Last edited:
..waiting till years to get the newer Audi TTRS road car in AssettoCorsa. I hope anyone will do a proper TT RS for AC sometime. Perhaps this post helps to get someones hands on doing a TTRS road car.

Audi-TT-RS-Facelift-2019-1.jpg
Yes, please show some love for this very promising mod. It´s my RL car, so I would love to get a good representation of it on AC :)

Version 1.0 - Released 2021.02.11
Ford Mustang GT4 (2016)
CSP v0.1.72 or above required

CREDITS
• BTM AutoSport for the 3D model
• Legion for updates

FEATURING

• scratch made physics (as ever)
• aero maps
• new suspensions geometry and setup
• brakes thermodynamics
• 3D model reworked and optimized

CHANGELOG v1.0

Physics
• corrected car total mass
• revised car polar inertia
• corrected steer lock and ratio
• corrected fuel tank position

Aerodynamics
• implemented CSP aero maps
• new aero
• added rear wing for further influence on car aero

Powertrain
• implemented CSP fuel consumption
• new engine torque figure
• corrected engine braking torque
• corrected idle throttle percentage
• adjusted engine idle RPMs
• corrected gear ratios
• revised gearbox setup
• tweaked throttle maps
• tweaked differential

Suspensions, brakes and tyres
• implemented CSP brakes thermodynamics
• implemented CSP tyres ray-tracing
• added brake ducts aero influence
• corrected dampers velocity threshold
• corrected bumpstops position
• corrected packer range
• revised brakes config
• corrected rear tyres radius

Visual
• implemented CSP PBR carpaint
• implemented CSP interiors materials
• added dirt on windscreen
• reworked shaders
• added chrome and emblem materials
• added various normal textures
• corrected mirror texture
• corrected tyres and brakes discs dimensions
• revised visual damage
• revised headlights color

Other changes
• tweaked ABS and TC
• adjusted collider position
• sounds volume on par with Kunos
• tweaked audio volume and pitch
• reworked digital instruments
• adjusted AI gear shifts logic
• revised setup options
• generated kn5 LoDs files
• updated ambient shadows
• updated CM previews

DOWNLOAD

Yes and No.

Driving just about any car at 8/10ths is not particularly challenging, particularly on track and as long as the tyres are up to temperature. However, extracting the maximum out of a car on the track, and doing so consistently lap after lap is a different story, that most certainly does require talent (otherwise we would see pay-drivers dominating in every series, and that still doesn't happen at all).

Then add in the fact that some cars are simply easier and more friendly to drive on track than others, some tyre compounds are more friendly to drive on track than others, and that the feeling you get on track in comparison to dring on the road is quite, quite different (very different grade of tarmac, different camber, lack of road crowns, etc.) and it's not a simple one size fits all argument at all.

The trickiest cars to get the most out of on track in my personal experience are actually road cars, as you reach the limit of the car well before you start pushing the limits of the track, but with a dedicated track or race car, you will be exploring the limits of the track often well before the limits of the car. The last time I was at a track I drove a Caymen S, A110s and Formula Renault back to back, the hardest to get the most out of was the Caymen, the easiest (by a long shot) was the Formula Renault. Yet I also know that if you get it wrong the Formula Renault is the one that will bite back the hardest.

The above is a comparison between AC and the original AMS (ISI engine the same as RFactor 2) and both compare well with reality in terms of grip and FFB.

Yep agree with all of that. The true skill lies in extracting the most out of what you have got.

Obviously though in terms of some high profile racing series you can simply just be in a rubbish (relative to the other cars) and struggle thus to laymen look like you have no talent...

For example George Russell being a back marker in the Williams to fastest in practice 1 and 2 in the Merc...

Anyway i am going to give that 904 a blast around Mugello as i really haven't given it much of a work out yet.

Version 1.0 - Released 2021.02.11
Ford Mustang GT4 (2016)
CSP v0.1.72 or above required

CREDITS
• BTM AutoSport for the 3D model
• Legion for updates

FEATURING

• scratch made physics (as ever)
• aero maps
• brakes thermodynamics
• 3D model reworked and optimized

CHANGELOG v1.0

Physics
• corrected car total mass
• revised car polar inertia
• corrected steer lock and ratio
• corrected fuel tank position

Aerodynamics
• implemented CSP aero maps
• new aero
• added rear wing for further influence on car aero

Powertrain
• implemented CSP fuel consumption
• new engine torque figure
• corrected engine braking torque
• corrected idle throttle percentage
• adjusted engine idle RPMs
• corrected gear ratios
• revised gearbox setup
• tweaked throttle maps
• tweaked differential

Suspensions, brakes and tyres
• implemented CSP brakes thermodynamics
• implemented CSP tyres ray-tracing
• added brake ducts aero influence
• corrected dampers velocity threshold
• corrected bumpstops position
• corrected packer range
• revised brakes config
• corrected rear tyres radius

Visual
• implemented CSP PBR carpaint
• implemented CSP interiors materials
• added dirt on windscreen
• reworked shaders
• added chrome and emblem materials
• added various normal textures
• corrected mirror texture
• corrected tyres and brakes discs dimensions
• revised visual damage
• revised headlights color

Other changes
• tweaked ABS and TC
• adjusted collider position
• sounds volume on par with Kunos
• tweaked audio volume and pitch
• reworked digital instruments
• adjusted AI gear shifts logic
• revised setup options
• generated kn5 LoDs files
• updated ambient shadows
• updated CM previews

DOWNLOAD

As much as I really enjoy your releases, this one puzzles me. @iRoush did a great update on the very same car as I also think he owns and races one in real life (not 100% sure)? His release drove great. I have not had a chance to test yours on track yet as wheel is stored away for now. Not sure if he is still around on here these days but here is the post:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1083#post-13088887

The link has gone missing but maybe with a ping @iRoush could re-upload or failing that I could? This one might have been a better basis as there were many corrections over the original legion model, including all skins having AO which is now missing? I suppose you could easily transfer any of these across to a 1.1 release or something?

Top one is your release:

upload_2021-2-11_16-14-37.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-2-11_16-14-24.png
    upload_2021-2-11_16-14-24.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 19
Yep agree with all of that. The true skill lies in extracting the most out of what you have got.

Obviously though in terms of some high profile racing series you can simply just be in a rubbish (relative to the other cars) and struggle thus to laymen look like you have no talent...

For example George Russell being a back marker in the Williams to fastest in practice 1 and 2 in the Merc...

Anyway i am going to give that 904 a blast around Mugello as i really haven't given it much of a work out yet.

Yep, but let's be honest GR's performance in the Williams was enough to show his ability, as he's able to extract performance out of it that's well above his team-mate.

Yep, but let's be honest GR's performance in the Williams was enough to show his ability, as he's able to extract performance out of it that's well above his team-mate.

Yep but many would of had you believe (till then) he wasn't a top level driver...he proved that in that Merc with the competition in the other cars, he could be a world champion.

That being said i rate Lando higher than Russell and obviously Max and quite a few other drivers.

Russell just proved that the Merc is a hero maker... I mean even Bottas has got wins in it and i rate him well bellow a 10 top current driver...

Anyway, dangerous topic to go further with in this thread as way OT...

More video of the "uncontrollable" 904 with "terrible physics". Zero assists and minor setup changes again.

Having driven several older 911's (which is as close to this 904 replica as I can personally relate to), I found the car to be delightfully easy to control once I decreased the damping. Depending on the track, the car responds very well to minor setup changes.

As to your point that driving in a sim is harder than IRL, that might be true for a trained athlete like Button with many years of track experience. What's true for a F1 World Champion is assuredly not necessarily true for you, or me.

Most people would find it very difficult to, for instance, keep their foot on the throttle in a fast sweeper at 100mph when the rear of the car starts feeling light. Or mastering threshold braking when the penalty for getting it wrong is a trip into the barriers. Many people can't even seem to leave a car meet without inadvertently demonstrating a tank-slapper, so I think you're vastly overestimating the average skill level out there. The sheer violence of braking in something like an 80's Trans Am or GTO car would be more than 99% of people could handle, without some sort of real-world preparation (such as a few years driving progressively quicker cars). I can tell you it feels almost exactly like having a fairly serious accident. It's that violent. And it's on every corner.

With regard to your statement about real drivers complaining about lack of grip, it sounds like you're referring to iRacings ridiculous tire model, not AC's (there were several very well-publicized incidents of pro drivers calling them out during broadcasts). I've yet to hear a single pro driver say that about AC. Most agree it's a little too forgiving in terms of allowed slip angles, but overall so much better than iRacing's insanity and definitely good enough. My rule is: If I can't drift in a sim, it's not realistic. Because I'm a decent drifter IRL.

I can drift that 904 all day.

Well gave it a blast around Mugello, its drivable, but its the FFB i don't like, it feels pretty horrible to drive because of that. But yes not overly slippy or hard to drive necessarily, just feels to me not a nice drive.

Looks lovely though.
Just getting used to camtool2 so excuse the video still learning how to make good cameras with it...

Hi, even if some fellow simmers here have been kindly trying to help me (both publicly and privately), I haven't managed to find this skin for the Porsche 914/6:

upload_2020-3-24_21-21-36-png.902570

maxresdefault.jpg

Obviously it exists, but seems to have vanished into thin air.
I'd much appreciate if someone could point me out where to find it.
Thanks in advance, best regards.

As much as I really enjoy your releases, this one puzzles me. @iRoush did a great update on the very same car as I also think he owns and races one in real life (not 100% sure)? His release drove great. I have not had a chance to test yours on track yet as wheel is stored away for now. Not sure if he is still around on here these days but here is the post:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1083#post-13088887

The link has gone missing but maybe with a ping @iRoush could re-upload or failing that I could? This one might have been a better basis as there were many corrections over the original legion model, including all skins having AO which is now missing? I suppose you could easily transfer any of these across to a 1.1 release or something?

Top one is your release:

View attachment 990961

As you can imagine, I missed the iRoush release, indeed I downloaded the base version for my rework from AssettoLand. If I knew it, maybe I wouldn't even considered reworking this car, especially if iRoush's one drives well. Anyway, I could surely bring-in some enhancement from it in a future 1.1 version.

Last edited:
Huuh, that doesn´t look excellent. ;)
Did that look on previous CSP versions the same?
I don’t know really. I tried the track a while ago, deleted it (don’t remember the exact reason - ugly trees likely),
Re-installed it today and noticed the borked flags.

& @NewYuriCity @diego b gomes

This mod shows a lot of promise, but it needs work. Likely it was ripped from a mobile app. The rear tires are off the ground (in replays), the interior needs quite a bit of modeling to replace "flat" features and some material/textures--UVW work, the gas cap should be modeled, rather than just a flat image, physics reworked, and more.

Post with link
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2222#post-13348465

Lights Fix (edited lights.ini attached below)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2226#post-13349502

View attachment 990935

I own that car in real life and drove so many laps around the nordschleife with it - so i give a lot of tipps in performance or the materials, but sadly i cant handle a 3D Program haha

I´ve only the converted track, so no original GMT or DDS, sorry.
As mentioned before, I liked that track but not the look of the card boarded trees. That was the main intention to improve them, if possible.

I think the screenshots for that drygrass are from Mendig, right?
They look very well. :dopey: 👍
Could you please share your fbx or kn5 file?
I tried that uv repeat in Blender to X8 in both U and V, but maybe I didn´t it right?
It looks imo weird:
View attachment 990952
Should there really be that big black parts?
Sorry, I can´t still test it in game, but it don´t look right in my imagination. These black areas in particular look too dark and large for me.

About animated vehicles: never done that yet. Maybe an expert will have to jump in to help here. My Blender foo isn´t yet so high... :(

Yup grass is in Mendig, tweaking for personal use at this point. A personal bugbear is mirrorred trees so will look at those as well rerun my script on a new set. and maybe the people as well, they got X'd too. I have AMS installed but rfactordec is spitting the dummy, crashes when I load these for some reason. Once I figure ourt why and get a clean decryption I will fix and post it up.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back