Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,050 comments
There was a really nasty shade of green in parts of the 8k (!) terrain map which made some grass look like it had been ripped from a butcher's window so I isolated it for desaturation, dropped the brightness slightly and upped the overall contrast of the whole terrain. Tried to bring out the redness in some of the soil too. A lot more tweaking could be done to the terrain map if someone has the time.
Another big issue was the adboards being incredibly blurry until you were right on top of them so I resaved them all as DXT5 ARGB 8 bpp with MIP maps generated. They're now a lot sharper from distance.

Easier to see in motion out on the track, but adboard before:

View attachment 1004035

Adboard with skin:

View attachment 1004036

Drop the 'skins' folder into the track folder and select the 'environment, adboards' skin. If you like it, great. If you don't like it, great.
:)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/d77ea5ji45l80ui/trcb_curvelo.7z/file

This track is a good example of how GrassFX combined with a detailed terrain map can give fantastic variation to the grass/soil/scrub/sand textures, if your video ram can cope OK with an 85MB texture, of course... :)

fixed most those trees now too, but took a drive and spottd a few more "floaters".. will update the last tress i can spot and build your skin into it sometime over the next few days.

edit: oops you were talking baout curvelo not ibarra. for ibarra I tried this, procedural grass based on a noise:voronoi pattern, i got the idea from a high up shot in AMS2 where you can make out the distinctly voronoi patterning in the grass shades.

im still struggling to get enough brown in my procedural blender thingo, still WIP.
upload_2021-4-13_16-46-0.png

Last edited:
OK.
I won't be very popular for this, but...
Is it just me who's fed up with this Batmobil?
OK, it's fun, nice work, but for God's sake, this yammering has been going on for almost two weeks now like it was some serious mod or something.
Who thinks that it is a mod that deserves this much attention?
:D
Well you do have the option of just ignoring the posts about it?

People will talk about what they want to talk about, and given much of the discussion has been about the technical side of getting the mod to the point of being 'nice work', it's 100% in keeping with the thread subject matter.

**Release**

Audi R8 LMS GT2

We have released our Audi R8 LMS GT2 on our Guerilla Mods page:

https://guerilla-mods.de/forum/topic/audi-r8-lms-gt2/

View attachment 1004081 View attachment 1004082 View attachment 1004083
Excellent, that's my evening sorted then.

Last edited:
OK.
OK, it's fun, nice work, but for God's sake, this yammering has been going on for almost two weeks now like it was some serious mod or something.
No, you won't be popular for this. I have already stated that it won't be updated again. It's done with. I suppose people are bored with F1 track skins too eh?

OK.
One man’s best mod ever, is someone else’s most meh mod ever.
If a mod isn’t for you, just keep scrolling, I guess. We all have different passions. I couldn’t care less about a random small track somewhere, but to someone else, that’s pure passion. Likewise, for something I’m 100% passionate about(late 80s F1 for example), I fully expect that to be the most boring thing ever for many others. Can we all just enjoy what we enjoy and appreciate other people’s passions too? :gtplanet:
:gtpflag:

Last edited:
OK.
What an awful thing to say. Shame on you. Not everyone likes every piece of content created. I for one was overjoyed at the Batmobile turning up in AC, because 1: It's something original and different for a change, 2: It was someone's passion to get it here, 3: It was free for everyone even though I offered blackcelica a donation via pm for it, he refused as it goes against what he stands for.

I would never openly discourage anyone from creating content. It's content from modders that continue to keep AC going. You cherry pick what you want or don't want. Blackcelica has released bucket loads of stuff and his track skins are on all the most popular tracks. Not everyone likes F1 but that doesn't mean I don't want to see F1 content created.

One man’s best mod ever, is someone else’s most meh mod ever.
:gtplanet:
:gtpflag:
I wouldn't say I was my best mod ever but it is something I've wanted to see in digital form for a very long time. I'm quite upset about the yammering on comment from @natloz76 Anyway, being in a bit of a mood now I'll just keep this brief. I was looking at the Imola track skin for this coming weekend and I've started on it already. Now this is one of the worst Kunos tracks for texture mirroring. It cannot be avoided. Last year I got a bit creative with it to make it full, vibrant and exciting but the mirroring broke the immersion for some and others loved it. I personally would like to avoid any mirroring this year or keep it to an absolute minimum. Colours, curbs, pitlane, bridges i've got a base laid out already. Sponsors will be placed where they don't mirror only. It won't look the same as on TV this time but will be a functional modern looking F1 track. If anyone wants it that is.

What an insignificant comment, you might want to consider keeping them for your self.

I wouldn't say I was my best mod ever but it is something I've wanted to see in digital form for a very long time. I'm quite upset about the yammering on comment from @natloz76 Anyway

Please, do not let the small mind people take you down, keep sharing your passion and spread the joy. your enthusiasm and fantasy is quite refreshing during those grey times of pandemic restriction. Can't wait to see what your talent will bring us next, keep up the good work.:cheers:

A request of you skilled buggers who work on tracks.

I came across this last week...

Montjuich 1975 by Rainmaker http://assettomods.com/montjuich-1975/

...and its a great city track, with a really nice flow and elevation changes. It drives well, but is old.

Would be well worth an update in my opinion.

Footage of the current version here

Not at my rigg atm, but @slider666 has improved it a lot. Can’t remember if he published it, but I can upload it if you like.

OK, I think I was completely missunderstood.
It was not the mod itself (the Batmobil)...I think this is a fun mod and I could not do anything like this in a million year.
It was the fact that 60% of the last three pages was full of with the comments on it.
I was searching for something and I kept coming over that mod again and again.

Last edited:

It´s still online :)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1490#post-13188345

As I mentioned, some talented ones making skins, could help to improve it extremely. I learned some more things, the last months. So I could take a new look there too.

Edit: Lol, ninja´ed by @TimLotus ... :lol:

I might take a look at this at the weekend and see if I can do anything with the textures.

Many thanks, downloaded and will give the updated version a try tonight, but anything you could do for it @ZombieBoy1978 would be greatly appreciated.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back