Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,773 comments
Does anybody have a link to the updated version of the Ford GT that has a working rear wing?

Ford-GT-SYN-PLACEMENT.jpg
There is a version by MLSXLD which has an active aero.

you'd better look instead of talking without knowing, I always note in the updates on the forum
And if I were to download that link from a third party, how would I know?

I always use the UI file to credit anyone involved in the tracks I update, no matter how small their contribution. That way, anyone can see who was involved without having to visit the original site.

Credit where its due, I appreciate the tracks that you take the time to convert and upload yourself. But my personal opinion is that taking other people's mods, adding a few simple CM-generated updates and then taking half the credit for the mod is wrong. Especially when the people who originally created the mod ask you not to.
You could simply upload your updates and include a link to the track or car, just like everyone else does when they make AI, replay cams etc.

Last edited:
Could do a lot of things - 1st priority is to ensure @raceabit's state of mind is sound, and on firm ground - so that he bounces back quickly... Thereafter, who knows... Can't change anyone, but was hoping to at least call the offender out for everyone to be aware, and to at least provoke a change in behaviour... Some people get-off by being like this, and karma has nice way of coming around when you're least expecting it... Leaving the offender to drown in their own isolation is good enough for now... Thanks for the heads up and support...

I'd like to share with you all something that came up in conversation, which got me stumped...

@raceabit challenged me with the following logic - which it's got me thinking... he said we can't share paymods cause it's similar to stealing, and we don't do that... but how can somebody take someone else's property and not be called 'stealing'...

Currently working on the next dozen skins - here's what was achieved today. The mod itself is of poor quality, so very little can be done as far as making awesome liveries...

View attachment 1073266

You are making skins for a car made from stolen content though?
Surely you use mods that are made by Turn 10 and converted? Or mods from GT games?

Personally I think its up to you as a parent to help your son to learn to deal with stuff like this because the real world is going to kill him if this has that much affect on his mental wellbeing.....

In fairness to EASY i just see he added some skins you and your kid made into his update. Me i'd of been chuffed to see my work used... but hey ho, we are all different.

I'd say it very hard to get IP over some skins for a racing game...and totally pointless trying to get someone cancelled because of it.

Not saying this to defend anyone, just my personal opinion.

My kid has cerebral palsy and he was getting bullied and i thought it was easier to make him toughen up and knock that stuff off instead of trying to change other peoples mentalities...

Once one bully goes another comes... but if he doesn't care what they say and is confident in himself, who cares how many bullis there are coming up in his life?

Last edited:
adding a few simple CM-generated updates
Are you serious when you say that? I do everything by hand, I edit the cars with blender to add the animations, it's not with CM that you solve the problems, it's too basic, or you know nothing about modding

Are you serious when you say that? I do everything by hand, I edit the cars with blender to add the animations, it's not with CM that you solve the problems, it's too basic, or you know nothing about modding
You've literally taken one line from my post and focused on that. No response to my other comments?

Several sites and Facebook pages upload your updates and link directly to the Sharemods page you use, not your forum. Assettoland is a good example. Find any of your mods on there and tell me if they link to your forum or not. So I'll ask again, if I download from one of those sites, how would I know who else has contributed work towards your updates?

But again, your animations are something that you could upload separately with a link to the original mod and instructions on how to apply them. No matter how they are made, your work is a drop in the ocean when compared to the rest of the work done to create the mod from scratch (as some of the mods you have updated were). But anyone looking at the UI file or the name of the folder would believe that you are responsible for half of the work, and anyone that has created skins - for example - goes completely uncredited.

Of course, this is all just my opinion. You can carry on doing what you're doing. But you have to expect these kind of reactions.

Last edited:
I put you online the new bodyshell , if anyone has time to see to make the wiremap/ ao/ paintx

at home made a black screen with content manager

Thank you

Link : https://mega.nz/file/dMYwwRoT#VGo7eTwKU_Mu77SUpj3Y2xzZHu7B_n5mjQRXxV1NRVE
Worked fine on my end, here's the attached map: https://www.mediafire.com/file/f83awpid49j5ob6/body_ao.dds/file

The mapping needs work though, there are multiple areas where you have overlapping which generates ugly blotching in the generated AO map (see below). It's one of the most common issues I find when dissecting mods.

1628544675798.png

1628544664927.png

Amazing, mate. I just love this car.

BTW...

Do any MOD cars have working wipers for RainFX? so far none that I tried work... 😞
Mostly newer mods have them from 2019 onwards... RSS,URD,DDM and quite a bit of mods on Assettoland have them. There are even Reworks which add wipers to old cars.

Hi guys

For a couple of weeks I haven't been able to add/replace tyres of mods with CM. I believe this happened after a CM update.
Now a message saying "Hold shift to replace tyres" or something appears but even if I hold shift nothing happens.
Any ideas?

Hi guys

For a couple of weeks I haven't been able to add/replace tyres of mods with CM. I believe this happened after a CM update.
Now a message saying "Hold shift to replace tyres" or something appears but even if I hold shift nothing happens.
Any ideas?
A lot seems to be broken, maybe not the lod gen, but other stuff, so maybe you have to use an older CM. (disable auto update!)
The january one is the previous: https://github.com/gro-ove/actools/releases/

Hello guys, could any of you share the ASR version of the Ferrari 312T4, as it is no longer available on their website?

Thank you

You've literally taken one line from my post and focused on that. No response to my other comments?

Several sites and Facebook pages upload your updates and link directly to the Sharemods page you use, not your forum. Assettoland is a good example. Find any of your mods on there and tell me if they link to your forum or not. So I'll ask again, if I download from one of those sites, how would I know who else has contributed work towards your updates?

But again, your animations are something that you could upload separately with a link to the original mod and instructions on how to apply them. No matter how they are made, your work is a drop in the ocean when compared to the rest of the work done to create the mod from scratch (as some of the mods you have updated were). But anyone looking at the UI file or the name of the folder would believe that you are responsible for half of the work, and anyone that has created skins - for example - goes completely uncredited.

Of course, this is all just my opinion. You can carry on doing what you're doing. But you have to expect these kind of reactions.
if the links are then distributed elsewhere without the link of the forum, it is not my problem

if the links are then distributed elsewhere without the link of the forum, it is not my problem
Agreed. It then becomes the problem of the uncredited people whose work you have used.

I'm stepping away from this conversation now. You aren't going to change my opinion and I'm sure you aren't going to change your methods. I'm not the first to comment on your practices and I'm sure I won't be the last.

you'd better look instead of talking without knowing, I always note in the updates on the forum
Could you please take the Fun Cup off your website, as asked several times before? Not that we don't want that car to be driven, but we're working on a total new version build together with drivers and teams which will be released soon. Besides, in this case you specifically don't have the approval of the creator of the model

Could you please take the Fun Cup off your website, as asked several times before? Not that we don't want that car to be driven, but we're working on a total new version build together with drivers and teams which will be released soon. Besides, in this case you specifically don't have the approval of the creator of the model
there was no description in this mod that says it belongs to you, so no I won't remove it

there was no description in this mod that says it belongs to you, so no I won't remove it
You know the owner, who I'm working with, has contacted you several times on here, your website and your discord. We've all asked you to remove it in private first, but since that hasn't happened this seems to be the only way to even get a response. The model was created under his commission, therefore he is the owner. This is scratch made high detailed model. It got ripped and uploaded on Assettoland, without description (and a lot more missing stuff on the mod itself). Assettoland has taken responsibility and removed the download. As should you. Once more, this car WILL be publicly available sooner rather than later. You however can't upload other's work (and property) as your own on your website without the right permission. Thanks a lot for your understanding

You know the owner, who I'm working with, has contacted you several times on here, your website and your discord. We've all asked you to remove it in private first, but since that hasn't happened this seems to be the only way to even get a response. The model was created under his commission, therefore he is the owner. This is scratch made high detailed model. It got ripped and uploaded on Assettoland, without description (and a lot more missing stuff on the mod itself). Assettoland has taken responsibility and removed the download. As should you. Once more, this car WILL be publicly available sooner rather than later. You however can't upload other's work (and property) as your own on your website without the right permission. Thanks a lot for your understanding
As soon as you release it, he'll fix your collider, tyres, lights, add his approval stamp, and re-release it anyways. 🤷‍♂️

Due to popular demand (3 people) here is Pikes Peak in gravel and tarmac versions.

I ran into some issues trying to create low poly LOD's for this track, not sure if I should be using sperate KN5's and an LOD.ini file or just using a CSP config. If anyone has any input or links to how-to's for tracks it would be appreciated.

Track seems to run OK but I don't have a potato and wasn't using triples or VR at the time.

I also experimented with rock textures in a GrassFX config but it just looked strange and so it was removed, I might look into it again at a later date if GrassFX .ini itself can be modified without breaking it for other tracks.

Due to popular demand (3 people) here is Pikes Peak in gravel and tarmac versions.

I ran into some issues trying to create low poly LOD's for this track, not sure if I should be using sperate KN5's and an LOD.ini file or just using a CSP config. If anyone has any input or links to how-to's for tracks it would be appreciated.

Track seems to run OK but I don't have a potato and wasn't using triples or VR at the time.

I also experimented with rock textures in a GrassFX config but it just looked strange and so it was removed, I might look into it again at a later date if GrassFX .ini itself can be modified without breaking it for other tracks.

What's the difference between the previous one? I shared here (because i didn't remeber who did the track was here on the forum or not) a full update with a full working ext_config and cams + AI made by @DaBaeda and edited by me, did you checked it maybe or you did yourself AI + Cams and other stuff?

What's the difference between the previous one? I shared here (because i didn't remeber who did the track was here on the forum or not) a full update with a full working ext_config and cams + AI made by @DaBaeda and edited by me, did you checked it maybe or you did yourself AI + Cams and other stuff?
Extra layout has been added (dirt surface). The cams (and presumably AI) from your file work, but the ext_config looks to be broken.

Can you link your post? I must have missed it and would be happy to integrate. Previous version (v1) was just the gravel mesh from DiRT overly smoothed with a tarmac texture applied. New version (v2) uses both DiRT's gravel and tarmac meshes with less smoothing.

Can you link your post? I must have missed it and would be happy to integrate. Previous version (v1) was just the gravel mesh from DiRT overly smoothed with a tarmac texture applied. New version (v2) uses both DiRT's gravel and tarmac meshes with less smoothing.
Sure, here we go -> https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2727#post-13463441

It includes a scratch made ext_config featuring all the features Lights for the house, tents, umbrellas-gazebo, ambulances, rescure vehicle, grass FX, and Rain (even limited due to the blending textures of Codemasters track between grass and gravel) and of course as said the cams of DaBaeda edited by me in order to have multiple FOVs.

Hope you like it

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back