Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,756 comments
Unofficial update to Camino Viejo, more of a personal extension of some experiments conducted a while ago with @gunnar333 during development, where we wanted to add a few animated flag-waving chaps (or chappettes, or non-binary flag-wavers... no discrimination here!) at various places around the track.
These new ones are based on a really nice flag animation used with permission from doublezero, with faffing about and help from @gunnar333 and @norms.
My billboard skin from RD is also bundled in, because.
Backup first, it'll wipe the original like a dirty arse.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/63ahkr5tb8a379k/anon_camino.7z/file

Last edited:
After a few more tries of the new RSS car I confirm that in my case car results to be much slower than VRC, I tried on Imola as well whereas with the VRC I did 1.16.9xx while with the RSS I did 2 seconds slower, with a setup which someone on yourube did 1.17.3xx (?) And Imola is a track I practiced for months, I keep saying that if there is a way in the setup to make the car faster I don't know it

View attachment 1169183
well it's promising. I'll keep you updated! It's VEEERY slow.
It'll be funny if the one uploaded recently to RD is this official DMM version, tweaked to work with Steam. :lol:
I don't think it is though.

1656970867237.png

If this DMM version really doesn't work with Steam (and I can't think why it won't unless some weird encryption is in play) then I'm sure some clever bod will do whatever's necessary to make it work. I'm a little puzzled why nobody seems to have tried already.

Last edited:
I tried the MSF, I love the model, it's basically a Ferrari F1-75, it's been made by an Italian team lol, but as a Ferrari fan I love it. On the physics I can't tell, definitely performance looks good, a little less performing than the VRC, but few tenths of a second difference considering in Barcelona I did 1.18.5xx with VRC and 1.18.7xx with MSF, MSF is also easier to drive, but doesn't have porpoising, so for me is like not simulating properly and the F1 cockpit camera looks really bad. Driveability in general I can't tell if it is simulative enough as I am not an F1 driver and noone seems to review it
"On the physics I can't tell"

Useful.

"On the physics I can't tell"

Useful.
What do you want me to tell, I'm not a driver, whatever I say is not believable because I don't have real life datas to base my understanding of the car behaviour. I only have the impression that the VRC car is too hard to domate while watching real life F1 videos with telemetry show that the car seems to be easier indeed to drive than the VRC car, but the VRC car seems to have the right amount of performance compared to the two F1 top cars, Ferrari and Red Bull.

Acura NSX 2017 updated to version 1.41

Changes
  • Physics overhauled by VRDriving (see details @ car description)
  • Visual (PBR, lighting, models) fixed and improved by Jerry Wei (see details @ car description)
  • Tire models physics overhauled
  • Badge @ interior are separated.
  • Adjustment shader @ Cockpit_LR
  • Digital Instrument Fix
  • Internal shader effects
  • Body colors effects
Thanks VRDriving, Jerry Wei, @El Locho, @Masscot, @Peugeot905, GADU, and people who help me.

for more information, can be found readme.pdf at extras folder.
the link at post before was updated.
please delete the old car in order prevention to bugs and crashes.
Thanks for that. I'm getting an error I can't understand why. The vehicle running on the take-off runway is not loaded on other runways. do you have any ideas? I tried different csp versions.

Attachments

• hata1.png
    hata1.png
    215.8 KB · Views: 13
  • hata2.png
    hata2.png
    188.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_nerd_acura_nsx_17_ks_drag_5-6-122-1-2-22.jpg
    Screenshot_nerd_acura_nsx_17_ks_drag_5-6-122-1-2-22.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 13
Need help, trying to make the LOW BEAM, HIGH BEAM and FLASHERS light on the gauge cluster to light up, but I have no idea how to "create" or "separate" the mesh on that. :scared:

Attachments

• Screenshot_vmw_alfa_gtv6_zender_rt_bathurst_4-6-122-21-19-15.png
    Screenshot_vmw_alfa_gtv6_zender_rt_bathurst_4-6-122-21-19-15.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 10
Before I update my RD Brands Hatch resource with this version, hoping I could get another look from some people here to make sure I didn't miss something. I did the best I could to get the colors\brightness to match on my new logo objects with the original bridge material for the last two bridges, but you will see some differences under very bright lighting. I still can't find a picture of the Burton Power logo on the first bridge so for now it just says Brands Hatch.

The digital display at the s\f line has 4 options. You can Activate any one you want by editing the ext_config-lights-display.ini file at the bottom. There are descriptions for what each one does. Can't remember what I have it set to by default. All of these tweaks can be disabled by setting them inactive in the ext_config file so you can pick and choose what you want to use.

The two skins are not needed for the other stuff to work. Thought maybe some people might like them. They simply make the grass and trees progressively darker.

Brands Hatch black bridges test

Couple of pics of what to expect:

Screenshot_gt4_ginetta_g55_ks_brands_hatch_4-6-122-21-43-50.jpg

Screenshot_gt4_ginetta_g55_ks_brands_hatch_4-6-122-21-45-3.jpg

Last edited:
vr.png

Any VR experts who could shed some light on settings I am getting wrong and should check? It usually feels smooth at least until a phantom 'Select' window pops up mid race and my frames go to like 5fps, but after turning off WMR speech recognition I haven't seen that today. I also read turning off motion smoothing in steamVR settings would turn off reprojection and help but it hasn't, on either front.

Dunno if that's just me, but everytime I try to drive this car it tells me the LODs list is missing. When I unpack the data.acd to check all the .ini files are full of gibberish text, even when I use the data.acd directly from the zip archive.
Iirc somebody wrote this a few days ago. extracting the data.acd when the mod‘s folder name has been changed, can result in garbled data.

Need help, trying to make the LOW BEAM, HIGH BEAM and FLASHERS light on the gauge cluster to light up, but I have no idea how to "create" or "separate" the mesh on that. :scared:
If I understand the description of the multichannel emissives right, they might be the tool for you:

„First of all, what is it for? Originally, if we wanted to make emissive mesh for a light, a dashboard indicator, braking signals and so on, we would have to make a separate glowing bit into a separate mesh. It was all right when we only used headlights, braking lights and a couple of dashboard lights, but now with Custom Shaders Patch, there are turning indicators, reverse lights, tens of new dashboard indicators and so on. Separating all those meshes is getting boring, plus it’s expensive to render, since each new mesh is a new draw call.“

Hi guys!
I hope im not breaking any rules looking for certain mods here…
Im new to assetto corsa and I’m searching for my favourite car from gran turismo..
Is there RUF CTR3 mod for assetto corsa? All i can find is paid mod, but I’m not sure about quality of that mod :D or should i go for it? Any answer will be appreciated!
Hi
Im find this, but, wipers not work, a good mod

if someone manages to make the cleaners work (unless I'm mistaken there are separate meshes), I think it becomes a project...

Edit:
This one too, wipers ok - rgt8

link

Attachments

• Screenshot_ad_ruf_ctr3_aspertsham_5-7-122-1-0-38.jpg
    Screenshot_ad_ruf_ctr3_aspertsham_5-7-122-1-0-38.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
It'll be funny if the one uploaded recently to RD is this official DMM version, tweaked to work with Steam. :lol:

View attachment 1169194

If this DMM version really doesn't work with Steam (and I can't think why it won't unless some weird encryption is in play) then I'm sure some clever bod will do whatever's necessary to make it work. I'm a little puzzled why nobody seems to have tried already.
good news: we have the track, bad news: error when loading in our AC. Good news: Gunnar ;)

Good day I am deeply disappointed by the behavior of all the members of this column, I kindly requested a few days ago if anyone was aware of an LMP3 category car skin pack, nobody and I mean nobody deigned to answer me even with a simple no they don't exist, at least I would have felt taken into consideration, unfortunately it often happens, that instead of providing help, requests are beautifully ignored by most. I am considering leaving this column.

View attachment 1169284

Any VR experts who could shed some light on settings I am getting wrong and should check? It usually feels smooth at least until a phantom 'Select' window pops up mid race and my frames go to like 5fps, but after turning off WMR speech recognition I haven't seen that today. I also read turning off motion smoothing in steamVR settings would turn off reprojection and help but it hasn't, on either front.
To turn off Reprojection go into SteamVR-Settings-Video-Per Application Select Assetto Corsa and choose Disabled in the Motion Smoothing? options.

I run a G2 on a 6800XT and decided to run it at 60Hz fixed at 60fps in a higher resolution rather than 90Hz and having to lower the resolution to get 90fps. Many people see flickering at 60Hz though but I'm lucky in not seeing any.

In your screengrab your GPU frametime is way too high. For 90fps you need it down at 11ms max or 16ms for 60fps.
Turn the resolution down in SteamVR-Settings-Video-Per Application Select Assetto Corsa and set the resoluion to 70%. Try it and move it up or down to get your fixed 90fps. At 60fps I can run at 100% res. in dry daytime condition with 20 cars so you may want to try that way by going in Windows Settings - Mixed Reality - Display and change 90Hz to 60Hz

View attachment 1169194

to me it seems like they are the same version, i'm not a magician but the tracks do look the same

1657010774831.png

a15f2567531d1e3a.jpg

Good day I am deeply disappointed by the behavior of all the members of this column, I kindly requested a few days ago if anyone was aware of an LMP3 category car skin pack, nobody and I mean nobody deigned to answer me even with a simple no they don't exist, at least I would have felt taken into consideration, unfortunately it often happens, that instead of providing help, requests are beautifully ignored by most. I am considering leaving this column.
We are sorry. Please don't leave us.

I have 0.96b already with wipers but it won't be touched in this form until @megolito ever gets back on it. I guess it will do no harm anyone fixing up what's out there though but @megolito was really close to nailing the physics with it and then went AWOL as far as I can remember.

I don't think El Locho's wipers work on this car anyway - maybe they're for a different base?
Norms the version you have is the same as mine as I think you did some additional work on the graphics side of things. Although saying that mine might have experimental physics as we (meaning me and megolito) tried so many things to get it right and then decided to pretty much bury this one and forget it ever existed.

I will message megolito and see if he ever wants to work on this again but I haven't heard from him for a long time and he doesn't reply to my messages so no idea what is happening there.

Someone knows if there are any wheel mods for Formula Hybrid 2021?
Tyre skin here;

But no wheel mod yet, unless I've missed it.

Have you tried searching on RD? I did and found all these skins.
lots of lmp3 skins

Now I don't know if you tried this but it seems a simple search on RD would grant you more luck than posting here and getting ignored. Obviously there isn't a pack but I'm sure with a bit of work on your part you can make one or get enough skins to have some fun with your LMP3 mod

Yeah I has talking about some steering wheel for the 2021 edition.

Thanks anyway for your time!
Sorry, early morning!

I've just Googled 'formula hybrid 2021 steering wheel' and lots of links have shown up for individual steering wheel add-ons (both in videos and on Race Dept). So take your pick!

Sorry, early morning!

I've just Googled 'formula hybrid 2021 steering wheel' and lots of links have shown up for individual steering wheel add-ons (both in videos and on Race Dept). So take your pick!
Yeah I did too, I'm so stupid sorry

I posted this message 'cause I thought I did this research in the last weeks and nothing came out, but probably it was something else that I searched (I think 2018 edition that indeed has no wheel mods)

I'm getting old

Last edited:
Weeks ago, I wrote here about a problem I was having with the interior lights on some cars. You didn't even answer me or help me. You completely ignored me!
So in retaliation for your disdain, I am seriously thinking of leaving this forum!

Oh, and use the search in a forum is for losers

Last edited:
Weeks ago, I wrote here about a problem I was having with the interior lights on some cars. You didn't even answer me or help me. You completely ignored me!
So in retaliation for your disdain, I am seriously thinking of leaving this forum!

Oh, and use the search in a forum is for losers
I'm shocked that your problem would be ignored in a forum that only has 10 members and moves as slow as this one 😏

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back