Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,764 comments
If you backup the whole "content" folder you shouldn't suffer too much trouble for a fresh install, maybe "extension" too. But too be honest, I wouldn't search for a solution in your case in the game's folders.
We shall adress the elephant in the room : REshade is a nightmare. I mean, it's a great tool, a fantastic one, but a sucker of performance, and a pain in the cheeks to delete really. It's not news. Sorry If you just discovers that.

I would recommend a GPU software check, pilot update and clean S&D of everything RE-S related, for starter

Thanks for the reply. I wish id never instslled it. So what does that mean in dumb speak? I've never heard of any of that stuff you mentioned. I'm not pc stupid, and im expecting some google swarch work..

Last edited:
Are there any data.acd or ext.config gurus out there, who know if it’s at all possible to permanently raise the height of a car’s steering wheel, or is that only possible when making the actual car?

I know we can if using a wheel replacement, like we did with the VRC 2022 cars, but is that the only way?

I guess another question, is why isn’t wheel replacement a more widespread thing, especially for simpler wheels with no display.

Last edited:
Hey everyone I am trying to import a .ini shaders file into the KS editor but it keeps crashing. Could anyone here help me? Kind regards Fjodor42

Attachments

• lm_hypercar_scg_007_lod_b.ini
    273 KB · Views: 4
Do you guys recommend any website for checking weather conditions of 1970 F1 season for example? I can't find anything and I'm making a custom championship. Also is there a classic Brands Hatch around? Not on Breathe's list it seems.

Yep, there is a t-rex mod for assetto now.

doesn't seem to have a lot of grip

Edit: Thanks mods, sorry for doubleposting

Last edited:
I do plan to release the "quicker" European versions of the car once I've ironed out all the issues with this one first.
Fun fact, the only part from the beetle is the wiper motors :P
The laptops will be because of the geartronix unit for the gearbox, it allows for different amounts of throttle blip as well as controlling the cut and things.
They are a silhouette yes, space frame and fibreglass panels, 740kgs ish. Great fun to drive. The competition is extremely close as well, often with the races coming down to the final few laps after 4 hours.
Quick question: is the paint supposed to be quite matte? Can't help thinking these would look better with gloss finish paint... unless of course the real cars have a dull matte finish. Matte paint always looks a little odd in AC, as if the shader is broken.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/77957675

goldcoastrel.jpg

The 1954 Australian Grand Prix was a motor race held at the Southport Road Circuit near Southport in Queensland, Australia on 7 November 1954. The race was held over 27 laps of the 5.7 mile (9.17 kilometre) circuit, a total distance of 153.9 miles (247.6 km). It was the nineteenth Australian Grand Prix and the second to be held in Queensland.

With no suitable permanent circuit available, a course was mapped out on roads in sparsely settled coastal land 2.5 km south west of Southport, and just to the north of later circuits, Surfers Paradise Raceway, and the Surfers Paradise Street Circuit. The Grand Prix race meeting was organised by the Queensland Motor Sporting Club and the Toowoomba Auto Club in conjunction with the Southport Rotary Club.

Now available for the simulator, Assetto Corsa, this version of the circuit has been scratch built to reflect the circuit and road layout as they were in 1954. Although references were limited, and therefore some imagination has been used to ‘fill in the gaps’.

The track layout is very interesting, and also very narrow, and the slippery asphalt is bordered either side by rough gravel that kicks up a lot of dust. This makes for a very challenging race experience as you can often be blinded by the dust sent flying into the air by the driver in front.

Best suited to 50's and 60's era Formula 1 / 2 cars as the narrow nature of the circuit makes passing very difficult in anything much wider.

Special thanks to Dom for being the cheif sponsor of this track, and of course to all of my Patreon supporters that help me test these tracks before the public releases.

Credits to @Fat-Alfie for letting me use his 2D spectator images.

Track Features:

• 2 sets of Replay Cameras.
  • Night Lighting
  • 36 Pit boxes
  • grassFX / RainFX support.
  • Working AI.

comp1.jpg

comp2.jpg

comp3.jpg

southport3.jpg

southport5.jpg
southport6.jpg

southport7.jpg

southport8.jpg

southport9.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys,

i am somehow stucked with CSP 176p92. It was long time the most bugfree satisfying version. As i always tune the ini.files for my purposes, i was too lazy to update for longer time now.

But i think its about time to go forward and upgrade. So can you guys tell me if there is a "must have" version right now? Most bugfree and stable version you can recommend?! Must not be the latest with tree.fx...

TiA

Hi guys,

i am somehow stucked with CSP 176p92. It was long time the most bugfree satisfying version. As i always tune the ini.files for my purposes, i was too lazy to update for longer time now.

But i think its about time to go forward and upgrade. So can you guys tell me if there is a "must have" version right now? Most bugfree and stable version you can recommend?! Must not be the latest with tree.fx...

TiA
Yesterday as a matter of fact I spent time troubleshooting 'jagginess/stuttering' with 180p115, and eventually gave up and went back to 179p5 and that seemed to help as much as anything else.

I'm wondering if anyone can give some tips of where to start looking.
When I got my new laptop, I had backed up my old AC data, and copied it across to the new laptop. Being an 11th Gen i9 with an RTX3600 I started looking at the good graphics, I had SOL but with the new machine went to Pure. I went a step further and decided to try out the reshade f1 thing and it killed the FPS, going from consistently over 100 to struggling to get above 30. I uninstalled the reshade software, but ever since my FPS are lower than they had been, but still smooth enough to drive, but the biggest issue is that I get an intermittent black flickering in the sky and some other textures, at random. I've tried reinstalling & resetting pure, reinstalled the high res sky etc but it stays, and nothing I do increases the FPS back to where it used to be, over 100.
Im not sure where to start to get back to how it was before reshade. I want to avoid a fresh install, as many mods I have installed put files all over the place, like the RSS mods as an example. Im fearful that a fresh install will break some of the tracks and mods. I dont think the tracks are as much of an issue, but nearly 1100 cars, its going to be a massive task to try finding all the mod install files again.
Don't have an answer to your problem, but if you copy the content\tracks and content\cars folders to someplace safe, you could then start with a fresh install and then copy everything back again when the install is done. That way you don't have to try and find everything again.

Last edited:

Attachments

• skin_for_Albion.7z.txt
    1 MB · Views: 22
Release!!!
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/3giklaa7jijh0ib/honda_civic_ep3_mugen_1.0.rar/file

Converted From Forza Motorsport 4 By Peter Crill

-AO inside and out
-Dashboard
-CSP Settings -Wiper animation
-Physics work
-Basic Ligth Refraction -Lods -Drivers colors Mascot -Exhaust shake
-Ligths Refraction
-Drivers colors Mascot -Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Beta testing and help ,@takum1,@Mascot,and others

Screenshot_honda_civic_ep3_mugen_deepforest_raceway_30-0-123-15-28-40.jpgScreenshot_honda_civic_ep3_mugen_ddm_gt6_r246_30-0-123-15-21-41.jpgScreenshot_honda_civic_ep3_mugen_ddm_gt6_r246_30-0-123-15-22-19.jpgScreenshot_honda_civic_ep3_mugen_ddm_gt6_r246_30-0-123-15-23-27.jpgScreenshot_honda_civic_ep3_mugen_ddm_gt6_r246_30-0-123-15-24-39.jpgScreenshot_honda_civic_ep3_mugen_deepforest_raceway_30-0-123-15-28-20.jpgScreenshot_honda_civic_ep3_mugen_deepforest_raceway_30-0-123-15-29-20.jpgScreenshot_honda_civic_ep3_mugen_deepforest_raceway_30-0-123-15-29-32.jpgScreenshot_honda_civic_ep3_mugen_deepforest_raceway_30-0-123-15-30-18.jpgScreenshot_honda_civic_ep3_mugen_deepforest_raceway_30-0-123-15-30-24.jpgScreenshot_honda_civic_ep3_mugen_deepforest_raceway_30-0-123-15-31-17.jpgScreenshot_honda_civic_ep3_mugen_ddm_gt6_r246_30-0-123-15-21-10.jpg

WHY IS IT NOT WORKING
I even re-installed it fresh and still nothing...

EDIT : Okay so, even after a clean delete/install, There is no lights.ini in the data. I Suppose this is my answer.
I have no idea how you guys have it and I don't, but anyway, would you be kind enough to share it to me, please ? :D

Last edited:
Version 0.3.5 of New York Safety Track:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ajvyq4equ3niv88/el_new_york_safety_track.zip/file (I try to keep this link for all future updates)

Includes road lines, a new building in the staging area (by Fame28), reduced number of trees and a "Race" skin that hides the plane, ambulance and cones.

Please feel free to give feedback in the discussion thread for this track: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/wip-new-york-safety-track-nyst.254190/

Does someone have a config file for FSR BMW M Hybrid LMDH to enable wiper ?
Maybe @El Locho :)

Thanks
I had multiple requests to do the wipers for this car, but the version I was sent didn't have a separate wiper mesh and the CSP wiper tool was not able to identify the wiper mesh either, so the wipers can't be animated unless FSR (or whatever their name is now) update the model.

Last edited:
Or improve the very rough Tripoli prewar track as can be found at the @Breathe track list, as it looks its only be converted.
that too.

we need d'Ain Diab to complete the 1958 season as I reworked the cars. Id be willing to go over them completely again as that was the first release ever done and I've leant a lot since then.

any of the track modders looking for ideas for a project im sure others would welcome it too.

Version 0.3.5 of New York Safety Track:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ajvyq4equ3niv88/el_new_york_safety_track.zip/file (I try to keep this link for all future updates)

Includes road lines, a new building in the staging area (by Fame28), reduced number of trees and a "Race" skin that hides the plane, ambulance and cones.

Please feel free to give feedback in the discussion thread for this track: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/wip-new-york-safety-track-nyst.254190/

I had multiple requests to do the wipers for this car, but the version I was sent didn't have a separate wiper mesh and the CSP wiper tool was not able to identify the wiper mesh either, so the wipers can't be animated unless FSR (or whatever their name is now) update the model.
Very much enjoying this, thanks for continued progress!

Unfortunately you are right, it's a part of another mesh so it's impossible unless someone edit the 3D model ...

Don't have an answer to your problem, but if you copy the content\tracks and content\cars folders to someplace safe, you could then start with a fresh install and then copy everything back again when the install is done. That way you don't have to try and find everything again.
the concern I have is the mods that install outside of the contents folder, like RSS mods.. fonts, etc. and I am not sure where stuff was installed from the reshade thing..

Edit: issue fixed without having to do a fresh install. Downloaded the nvida geforce experience, newer GPU driver and gave the system a clean to get rid of the nasty remnants of reshade once and for all and it has got rid of the flickering plus improved the FPS

Last edited:
WHY IS IT NOT WORKING
I even re-installed it fresh and still nothing...

EDIT : Okay so, even after a clean delete/install, There is no lights.ini in the data. I Suppose this is my answer.
I have no idea how you guys have it and I don't, but anyway, would you be kind enough to share it to me, please ? :D

Attachments

• lights.ini.txt
    801 bytes · Views: 6
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back