FITT Ford Challenges by MCH

Test Driving results for the FITT Ford Challenge by MCH Focus ST class, tested at London Reverse 450 PP on CS tires.

All cars received 5 Laps warm up and learning. All cars then driven for 5 Laps or till I got all I could from the car on the majority of the track. Which ever came second.

Track and driving aids. Grip= Real, ABS=1 all other driving aids off that impact handling.

DC scoring is as follows. Stock suspension & LSD with power and weight upgrades. (3 Stock Laps max to get a feel on it)

1-4 worse than stock and why.

5 as good as stock.

6-7 better than stock butā€¦.

8-9 Great tune.

10 WOW one of the best Iā€™ve had the privilege of driving n GT6

Focus ST Challenge

Focus ā€˜06

@787bcgr - Tune here 2006

Stock Lap time;1:03.438 Lap time;1:01.830 DC;8.5

Impressions of tune; This was a great stable fast tune, Out of the gate it was over a second faster than stock setup, it just didnā€™t like the curbs, it would upset every time I went over one, it did a fantastic job of recovering from the bouncing but always ended up losing a few km/h on exit. Good rotation, I did notice the rear tires seemed to be going cold rather quickly only a few laps and they were ice blue, but the car got better after that the tail started moving around and the nose could really dig in, tire spin was well managed on this car. Well done sir.

@Badger66 - Tune here 2006

Stock Lap time;1:03.247 Lap time;1:02.547 DC;6

Impressions of tune;Balanced pleasant and forgiving. The forgiving is what did it in, it recovered from mistakes very well, took the curbs like a champ, but had loads of mid-exit understeer that kept me from really laying down a lap in the car. This would be a good AI race car it take the odd hit and keep going with no issues. I think it was just a tad bit too soft and was loading the tires too much to really hold a line well.

@Bowtie-muscle - Tune here 2006

Stock Lap time;1:02.772 Lap time;1:02.065 DC; 9.2

Impressions of tune;Fantastic tune balanced, good entry through exit all turns. I set the fast lap on lap 3! I just couldnā€™t match my line again I know there is a 1:01 in this car I hit a wall :( on the 1:02 lap just a tap but I could never quite get that magic line back again. I did find the car was very light on itā€™s feet, the rear tires went ice cold after 8 laps and the car become very slick at that point. Recovery was very good if I cooked an entry.

@brian wolf - Tune here 2006

Stock Lap time;1:03.431 Lap time;1:02.450 DC; 7

Impressions of tune; I got the feeling right away that this was going to a difficult tune to control, and it is. itā€™s fast too fast for me to drive well. Sorry Brian. This is a precise hot lap tune, give me another 30 to 50 laps with is and I could proly break into the minute range with it. But that would include me ripping my hair out and smoking a pack :lol: It wants to rotate at a certain point for each turn get them right and you fly, miss your mark by even a meter and you find a wall, there is little in between with this one. Itā€™s a good tune just not my cup of tea this time around. Round 2 a week off due to illness; Gave it another 5 laps, found another 4 tenths in the lap, Still had the consistency problems from the rotation point of the turns. Never quite got them all right. Overall good tune just braking style made this one hard to control for me.

@krenkme - Tune here 2006

Stock Lap time;1:02.674 Lap time;1:02.505 DC;7

Impressions of tune;This like brians tune is a hot lapper but itā€™s little more driver friendly it forgives you if you miss a mark making it faster for the average driver, like myself. If I put another 20+ laps on it I could get all the marks for the tune and get a 1:01 outta of it. I just couldnā€™t get the line right in the left hand sweeper and kept smacking the wall at exit. It has fantastic entry rotation.

@Lionheart2113 - Tune here 2006

Stock Lap time;1:02.491 Lap time;1:01.800 DC; 8.5

Impressions of tune; Solid, stable, took to brake and roll turning very well. I did note a bit of hesitation on the part of the tail in itā€™s willingness to come around on the slower speed turns, a quick flick of the e-brake solved that to keep the lap going. It seemed to really like mid throttle for most of the turns. I didnā€™t find any one place that this car did exceptional in, on the same note there was no place it wasnā€™t good either. Very well done sir.

@NEWDRIVER2 - Tune here 2006

Stock Lap time;1:03.475 Lap time;1:02.234 DC; 7.8

Impressions of tune; Solid, stable but just crazy enough to get around this twisty track. I did find that it had noticeable power understeer that hindered corner exit a bit once I adjust my line for that it became a quick tune. Well done sir.

@Otaliema - Tune here 2006

Stock Lap time;1:02.965 Lap time;1:02.035 DC; 8.0

Impressions of tune; Overall there was too much understeer in this car to be really fast, the brakes are weaker than they need to be, the mid-exit corner understeer and long braking zones are what killed this car for time, it was consistent, a good easy drive over the entire track never excelling at anyone point.

@xande1959 - Tune here 2006

Stock Lap time;1:03.975 Lap time;1:02.521 DC; 7.2

Impressions of tune; Was a interesting tune to drive was very well balanced, didnā€™t bounce as much as I was expecting with the stiff back end. I could feel the tail wanting to come around but wasnā€™t quite making it for my braking style. A touch of mid-exit corner understeer slowed me down a tad. Well done sir.

Focus ā€˜13

@CyKosis1973 - Tune here 2013

Stock Lap time;1:02.039 Lap time;1:02.276 DC; 5

Impressions of tune;The car had great balance with the stock suspension, but the tuned car was very unstable and lacked entry and exit grip. If the grip problems had been sorted out this would have been a very fast tune. The car did handle the mid-high speed turns very well but the lack of entry grip really slowed me down on the slower turns and I just couldnā€™t make it up on the fast section of the track. Over all good tune just needs a few tweaks, I think it has too much front camber.

@DolHaus - Tune here 2013

Stock Lap time;1:01.842 Lap time;1:01.866 DC; 8.5

Impressions of tune; DolHaus and I have such different styles of driving that itā€™s hard for me to drive his tunes. Unstable=fun but slower for me, Stable=fast but not as fun for me. I loved driving this car just stable enough to not be hitting every wall, but unstable enough to have serious fun with, took me nearly 20 laps to get timings right to lay down a good with this car. Even though it was slower than the stock suspension/lsd settings it was much more fun to drive it. Well done sir

@Motor City Hami - Tune here 2013

Stock Lap time;1:02.755 Lap time;1:02.393 DC; 9.8

Impressions of tune; Fantastic tune, too fast for me to really get everything it has to offer in it. Rotation was fantastic, it wanted to slide but was always willing to straighten out on throttle use, I got a few of the turns figured out well and got through them faster than other car, but I couldnā€™t keep it going for the rest of the track mainly the sweeper and would lose a ton of speed which slowed me down alot, I put 20 laps on this car trying to get it all right in one lap and just never did. Prolibily need another 40 laps to get everything in place for me.

@randyrockstiff - Tune here 2013

Stock Lap time;1:04.448 Lap time;1:02.571 DC; 8

Impressions of tune; With stock suspension this car had massive debilitating understeer, You did a fantastic job tuning the car to a neutral point and even into the oversteer land. Made this car very consistent to drive once I got used to the braking points and how to turn the car. With the heavy front end compared the rest of the field it was a little hesitant to start to turn in but it picked up traction very quickly I did notice that out of the last turn the car had better get up and go than the rest. But due to heavier build it didnā€™t hold speed in the corners as well.

@shaunm80 - Tune here 2013

Stock Lap time;1:04.139 Lap time;1:02.484 DC; 7.9

Impressions of tune;Solid well built tune, Quick around the corners, it just loved to spin out its tires in the twisty section even in 3rd gear and that killed it for time. It has great turn in and rotation grip through the entire corner, it just didnā€™t like to accelerate well. Not sure why.

@sinof1337 - Tune here 2013

Stock Lap time;1:02.876 Lap time;1:02.115 DC;6.0

Impressions of tune; This car did everything well except take a curb and brake from high speed. This kept me from getting into a solid groove with so my laps were all over the place. It drove more like a MR than a FF. It really didnā€™t like accelerating in 2nd gear. Overall very well done, just too floaty would be the best way to put it.

@ugabugaz - Tune here 2013

Stock Lap time;1:02.737 Lap time;1:02.749 DC; 6

Impressions of tune; Overall this tune handled very much like a stock suspension, the exception was it had more entry grip but less exit grip so it ended up washing out on the time factor. Very balanced recovered very well, did what I asked it to when I asked it to. Like mine it was good every place but not great anyplace so was very consistant. Good race tune. Well done.

Thank you for testing, great time šŸ‘
Well done job struggling through the cold to get the testing finished, good effort.
I'm not entirely sure I understand the Stock time thing though?

I want to start by saying that some of the cars and times were so similar for this challenge that anything that may seem negative is really just nitpicking so that I was able to actually have a write up for each car lol. As always, thanks to the tuners and testers that keep these FITT challenges going because I really do enjoy them. Without further ado:

@787bcgr 1:01.194 - DC.7 - It felt like I was having to wait and wait to get back on the throttle. It was a stable setup and predictable. I did have a hard time getting the rear end to do anything though. It would be much better suited for a bigger track where you have more time to set up a turn.

@Badger66 1:01.502 - DC.7 - It felt really good in the 90 degree corners due to lift off oversteer and decent coasting rotation. I did have to use 4th more than I wanted to because of the extra torque though. I did have to take a weird line through the sweeper because of the lift off oversteer but that's not a bad thing. I like a looser car because you have more options when tackling a corner.

@Bowtie-muscle 1:01.121 - DC.8 - An interesting car. From the first lap to the last lap I was consistently under 1:01.4 even with mistakes. It did not like going past its grip limit but it behaved perfectly right up to that point. In the first corner with most cars I had to toss in and let the FF sort everything out. With yours I could set it up like I was in a FR car. Good car.

@brian wolf 1:01.078 - DC.8.5 - This car was weird for me lol. It felt like everything was in slow motion. It didn't turn until it wanted to regardless of the wall coming up...quickly. I was for sure it was going to be at the back of the pack but when I had the bravery to open my eyes again it had a nice time. it had great grip if you controlled the throttle and mid to late corner speeds were awesome.

@Lionheart2113 1:01.421 - DC.6.5 - I was disappointed in myself with this car. I knew it had a faster time in it but I couldn't put the lap together. It was great in the twisties but the faster i was going, the less it wanted to turn. I think with some Diff adjustments to cure the high speed cornering, this would be a top contender.

@NEWDRIVER2 1:00.732 - DC.9.5 - WOW, great car. Nice balance of turn in, exit grip, and ease of throttle control. my first lap out was a 01.2 compared to the other cars at 01.7 or even 02.2. No real downsides that I could come up with. Nice job !

@Otaliema 1:01.029 - DC.7.5???:confused: I had to take a break after driving you car because my brain hurt. The initial setup had me nodding my head because I like the numbers you had and thought I was going to like the car. Then I got on the track and it had mile long braking zones and sloth like turn in that had me hitting every wall at first...EVERY WALL. I calmed down and got a clean lap in and it was the 2nd fastest lap!(at the time i tested it) in my mind i was like WTF man ?! i came back to your car 3 times and kept re-checking the track and car settings. I was confused and didn't even know what to score it lol. I still can't explain it. I don't like it...but it's fast. :lol:

@xande1959 1:01.224 - DC.8 - If we were anywhere else this car would have been top notch. It is top notch. At Leeroy's huge curb emporium though, it was a handful. It has great turn in, grip, brakes, everything. The curbs upset it too much though and I had to slow down too much.

@CyKosis1973 1:01.681 - DC.6 - This car would only brake in a straight line. It had a bit of lift off oversteer which i like. it would also turn in quick but immediately push out if I was even going 1mph too fast. I think it was just too stiff for comfort tires. I think it would be a completely different/better car on sport hards.

@DolHaus 1:00.931 - DC.9.8 - GREAT car ! It turned in so fast and kept the grip throughout the entire turn. I had to take a completely different line through the entire track because it could brake so late and turn so well. Trail braking was not only possible but nearly perfect. If you slammed on the brakes it would start to over rotate which is the only reason it's not a 10. drop the rear brakes a click or two and it would have been a 10. The best thing I could say is that I knew I could get it faster and I really wanted to try. It's a car I could lose track of time in...am I rambling...i'm rambling...i think im in love lol...with the car of course, I'm married :bowdown:

@Motor City Hami 1:01.217 - DC.9 - It felt like it had Prius tires on it, in a good way. I had absolute car control with your setup, even to the point where I could put it into a 4 wheel slide. it had extra sharp handling and was very similar to dolhaus's car. It would be an absolute beast on a flat/normal track. I couldn't fully take advantage of it though because of the curbs. It's reaction to curbs could best be described as "violent". The lap time doesn't even come close to doing this car justice.

@randyrockstiff 1:01.306 - DC.7 - Acceptable in all areas but it didn't really excel in any. It took me about 7 laps to find a good line around the sweeper but I can't explain why. I wish I had more to say about it, but I don't . It a good all arounder and could have been the real factory setup instead of what PD has.

@shaunm80 1:01.354 - DC.8.8 - Nearing the end of testing I've found that cars which give me options through a corner are the ones I like the most and this is definitely one of those cars. I felt like I was carrying the most speed through the corners in this car and was genuinely disappointed in my laptime. I honestly could not figure out where I was losing speed. I expected to be in the minute flat times with this one. It turns on a dime and tied for best curb management. It's a great car but for some unknown reason, not as fast as i thought it should be. good car man.

@sinof1337 1:01.230 - DC.7.5 - Another great rotating car. Great brakes and easy to manage throttle as well. Easy to avoid wheelspin induced understeer. I don't really have any complaints but it didn't wow me either. nice job. could have easily been a substitue factory tune.

@ugabugaz 1:00.678 - DC.8.5 - this šŸ¤¬ came out of nowhere at 2 in the morning and surprised the heck out of me. I noticed better than average braking and great coasting grip. Nothing special, until the lap time popped up. I worked another tenth off and came out with the fastest time. I don't know what you did but it's working ! you know its a great setup if it makes you good without even knowing. :cheers:.

@krenkme 1:01.158 - DC.8 - First thing that came to mind was "smooth" The only complaint was some noticeable on throttle understeer which kind of surprised me with the Diff settings you had. Waiting just a tiny bit longer to hit the gas kept this car out of the 1 minute flat times. Other wise it's a great setup. nicely done.

As always I'll be happy to re drive anyones car and go into more detail if you have any questions. Congrats guys !
Thank you for testing, glad you enjoyed the car :lol:
I think you could be right about the rear bias, when I retested it I thought they were a little bit sharper at the rear than they needed to be but good job learning my secret braking technique (stamp on the pedal like it was a massive spider and pray that it stops before the wall :lol:)

To all the Focus testers..
@biffa3
@DaBomm4
@DolHaus
@gtmetacrisis
@ImToLegitToQuit
@Lionheart2113
@Motor City Hami
@Otaliema.
@Ronald6

Hope you don't mind Guys could you all please give me your Controller Settings you use for testing on this challenge and the testers that haven't posted there's yet also..I'm just trying to work out if this makes a difference on the tunes if people use different CSS settings then what tuners advise as the best setting for there tune on a particular circuit or if they haven't mentioned what they have used but the tester has used something different....This might help me understand if there is something else wrong with my tune, also it might help me and other tuners for future ones we do...šŸ‘

Also it might work out that it doesn't make a difference at all and i'm just Crazy...:lol:

I know you are all very tired from your Excellent testing and reviews... :bowdown: But would appreciate this and thank you all in Advance...it might help us all out if it does make a difference...:)

Edit..Otaliema i already have yours at 2..cheers

:cheers:
Its either 0 or -2 I think

@DolHaus that was to check how well you had tuned the car past the default settings for your power and weight upgrades. Generally shoot for a second improvement over the default settings. Yours happened to be for me the perfect balance on weight and power so I could lay into the car with the stock FCT & LSD settings.
That's one of the ways if I have time to find the best power and weight upgrades distribution of weight etc on a car for a PP level is just put down 5 laps or one solid clean lap and go with the setup that was the fastest or had the best feel, often they are the same.

**Iā€™m not a negative person, so if there is any criticism of a tune; itā€™s not meant to be an insult, and if my time is slower than what you have, then thatā€™s fair enough. These are non bias opinions based on how I drive and should be taken with a grain of salt! I respect and appreciate the time the tuners have put into their tunes and I will try everything I can to get the most out of the tune itself.**

FITT Mustang Challenge by MCH
Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07
Ford Mustang Boss 302 '13
Ford Shelby GT500 '13
Track(s):
Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow

Please Read
Most cars that I found to be fast were on the loose side and required you to be "on it" turn after turn. Just my opinion, but at a track like Willow Springs, one small oops can cost you. I liked the cars that weren't necessarily the quickest, but I felt confident and consistent in, hence why some fast times might have lower DC scores. I'm betting those scores would be higher on other tracks.
Each tuner was drawn at random, but put in the order as listed to help Hami with the spreadsheet. I ran each car for 2 sets of 5 laps.

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5

DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission

@DaBomm4
Time: 1:19.753
DC Score: 6.5
Review: When I wasn't fighting the front understeer, the rear end would kick out on me and vice versa. I won't lie, this was a very tough car to drive and I left everything out on the track with it. I think you did what had to be done in order to make this car competitive against the other Mustangs. Even though it was an underdog at the start, and a handful, your tune did manage to knock off over a second than stock. I wish we had another '07 to compare it to. Sorry mate.:indiff:

@787bcgr
Time: 1:17.385
DC Score: 8.5
Review: Solid tune, nothing that stood out as being a problem. Can get a little tail happy on accel, but steady on the throttle and you can keep most of that in check. I like it!

@Bowtie-muscle
Time: 1:17.577
DC Score: 8.0
Review: Stable tune and felt comfortable in the car. Slight understeer from mid to exit it nothing major. Gearing took me a few laps to get used to. Nice job!

@DolHaus
Time: 1:17.312
DC Score: 7.5
Review: I ran more laps in this car than any other because I couldn't get the feel for it. It felt stiff throughout most of the track. Rear grip was decent, but if the back end did step out, it would snap itself back in line, catching me out (over correcting) Every turn needed full concentration because it wasn't predictable to me. So much precision is needed for this car. In short...this car would be faster with someone better at the wheel.:ill:

@gtmetacrisis
Time: 1:17.403
DC Score: 9.5
Review: The rear kept in line, but maybe a click or two over the sweet spot because it picked up some understeer from mid to exit. Other than that, this is a great car, very well done!

@ImToLegitToQuit
Time: 1:16.884
Review: Turn in was pretty solid. The brakes were decent, if you found your rhythm between the 2; corner entry was a breeze. The only thing that killed the stability was the rest of the turn. The rear end seemed very edgy. Give it too much throttle, you're in the kitty litter, too much steering input....in the kitty litter. Just never really knew what back end was doing, and I don't think it did either...except for it just wanted to go! Fast car though!šŸ‘

@krenkme
Time: 1:17.962
DC Score: 9.0
Review: A krenkme car that didn't kill me, gets a point...a krenkme car that was just brilliant to drive, another point. This is a great car, the max downforce made this tune very easy to drive, you can brake later into the turn and it helped keep the rear in check. But with that spoiler comes lack of speed and that tight condition on mid corner. I can deal with the mid corner being snug, but the lack of speed is what stops this from being perfect. I still would gladly take this car as is and race others in it. The best car of yours that I have driven! Break out the cake!:dopey:

@xande1959
Time: 1:18.196
Review: This car had tons of rear grip. I loved the confidence, being able to put the hammer down anywhere and the rear end wouldn't step out. But the understeer that came with it was frustrating. Once you get used to it(ie change your driving line to more of a 4WD), you can put down some good times, but until then you will find yourself "diamond-ing" the long sweepers. A little bit of love from the e-brake will help stop you from carrying your line into the sand.

Ford Shelby GT500 '13
@Badger66
Time: 1:17.476
Review: Had a hint of understeer throughout the turn on the sweepers. But a car that that doesn't throw you around the track with some decent speed. Very comfortable and good job!

@brian wolf
Time: 1:17.015
Review: This car is all about being precise. Needs more TLC with the throttle and steering input than I can give it using dpads and a button. The speed and agility is there. I tried to push for a sub 17, but would end up at the beach. Weird transmission setup, but well done.

@Lewis_Hamilton_
Time: 1:16.719
DC Score: 10.0
Review: Holy šŸ¤¬ What a car! Yes it can get squirrely loose on low speed corners, (which you can easily control the slide) and yes it lights up the outside front on the sweepers, (but it would still rotate) but you know what? I didn't care! I had a smile the entire time I was driving it, I wanted the laps to keep going. The strangest thing was knowing full well that I was the limit of what this car can do...you can actually hear the car saying "C'mon, you can do better than that!" It was me as the driver who left tenths of a second all over the track.

@Otaliema
Time: 1:17.326
Review: Do you have some sort of discrimination against tires? Fast tune, but you had better hold on! The rear will slide, but the crazy thing is that it can become predictable and managed after a few laps. Just be sure that there are less than 3 laps to a race because the Goody's won't last. I did feel like a drift king (I am usually the kings' jester when it comes to drifting) on the last turn which was a huge help in dropping the lap time.

@shaunm80
Time: 1:17.764
Review: This is a good tune. It was very stable and incredibly easy to drive. You would be expecting the rear to step out on you, but it stays fairly planted. A little more mid corner rotation would be a bonus. Nice job!

@sinof1337
Time: 1:19.390
DC Score: 7.0
Review: Pretty neutral. Had some pesky understeer, not much but it was enough to slow you down and be mindful of your exit. Not sure why this tune was slow for me. The only thing different about this tune (that is noticeable) was that it was the only Shelby above 90.0% power limiter.

Last edited:
@shaunm80
Review: This is a good tune. It was very stable and incredibly easy to drive. You would be expecting the rear to step out on you, but it stays fairly planted. A little more mid corner rotation would be a bonus. Nice job!

Thank you for the review. I'm glad that you enjoyed driving my tune and that it beat your expectations on how you thought it would handle. I must applaud your time in it though, It was faster than what I managed in testing so well done on that. Thanks again.

Thank you for the review. I'm glad that you enjoyed driving my tune and that it beat your expectations on how you thought it would handle. I must applaud your time in it though, It was faster than what I managed in testing so well done on that. Thanks again.
I see this being used a ton by people who visit your garage.šŸ‘ A 550pp FR American Muscle monster that is very stable. The rear tires would squeal, especially at the top of the hill, but the rear didn't whip itself around.

@DolHaus
Review: I ran more laps in this car than any other because I couldn't get the feel for it. It felt stiff throughout most of the track. Rear grip was decent, but if the back end did step out, it would snap itself back in line, catching me out (over correcting) Every turn needed full concentration because it wasn't predictable to me. So much precision is needed for this car. In short...this car would be faster with someone better at the wheel.:ill:
Great job testing, thank you for the review šŸ‘
I think you got the best out of the car, I wasn't much faster in it myself despite dozens more laps. I think I just made it a little bit too stable in the end, I intended to come back to it and loosen it a little but ran out of time, this said I'm more than happy with the time you put in despite its problems :cheers:

Ford Shelby GT500 '13
@Badger66
Review: Had a hint of understeer throughout the turn on the sweepers. But a car that that doesn't throw you around the track with some decent speed. Very comfortable and good job!

Thank you @Lionheart2113 for your Testing and Wicked Review and Well Done....getting a 1:17.476 with my tune i could only manage a 1:18.297...But i knew there was a faster time in her in the right hands...Bravo Sir šŸ‘

Well Done to Lewis for getting top of the shop...šŸ‘

@Lewis_Hamilton_
Review: Holy šŸ¤¬ What a car! Yes it can get squirrely loose on low speed corners, (which you can easily control the slide) and yes it lights up the outside front on the sweepers, (but it would still rotate) but you know what? I didn't care! I had a smile the entire time I was driving it, I wanted the laps to keep going. The strangest thing was knowing full well that I was the limit of what this car can do...you can actually hear the car saying "C'mon, you can do better than that!" It was me as the driver who left tenths of a second all over the track.

Wow, thank you very much, couldn't ask for a better reaction. Great lap time too, glad you enjoyed the car.

(Money has been sent in the mail)

Great job testing, thank you for the review šŸ‘
I think you got the best out of the car, I wasn't much faster in it myself despite dozens more laps. I think I just made it a little bit too stable in the end, I intended to come back to it and loosen it a little but ran out of time, this said I'm more than happy with the time you put in despite its problems :cheers:
I'd hold off for a few testers to see if it needs changing. @biffa3 and I stab at the dpad to get it to turn, those who use sticks or wheels WILL fare better. It was just tough to correct, the fingers aren't that fast...or maybe they are too fast:confused::dunce:

@brian wolf
Review: This car is all about being precise. Needs more TLC with the throttle and steering input than I can give it using dpads and a button. The speed and agility is there. I tried to push for a sub 17, but would end up at the beach. Weird transmission setup, but well done.
Nicely done, as usual mate!šŸ‘ I thought the 3 speed tranny was a stroke of genius!? I think you got all the speed the car has in it. Well done yourself! :cheers:

@Lionheart2113 thanks for the review, you say the gearing was a struggle to get used to? Most of the cars I tested had that mid corner understeer although some did manage to get it out if you could hold on. I like it though, and I am not changing a thing.:P Again, thanks for the time and effort, I am almost done and should be posting later or tomorrow. Some of my results are slightly different than you and @biffa3 so it should make things interesting. And you hurt my lap time:lol::lol:

@Lionheart2113 thanks for the review, you say the gearing was a struggle to get used to? Most of the cars I tested had that mid corner understeer although some did manage to get it out if you could hold on. I like it though, and I am not changing a thing.:P Again, thanks for the time and effort, I am almost done and should be posting later or tomorrow. Some of my results are slightly different than you and @biffa3 so it should make things interesting. And you hurt my lap time:lol::lol:
I seem to struggle more than Biffa in cars that have understeer, not sure why. The transmission wasn't bad, I just had to get my timing and sounds down.
@brian wolf your transmission was unique, I'm interested in more tests with it on other cars to see the toque vs rpm.

@CyKosis1973 - Tune here 2013

Stock Lap time;1:02.039 Lap time;1:02.276 DC; 5

Impressions of tune;The car had great balance with the stock suspension, but the tuned car was very unstable and lacked entry and exit grip. If the grip problems had been sorted out this would have been a very fast tune. The car did handle the mid-high speed turns very well but the lack of entry grip really slowed me down on the slower turns and I just couldnā€™t make it up on the fast section of the track. Over all good tune just needs a few tweaks, I think it has too much front camber.

@CyKosis1973 1:01.681 - DC.6 - This car would only brake in a straight line. It had a bit of lift off oversteer which i like. it would also turn in quick but immediately push out if I was even going 1mph too fast. I think it was just too stiff for comfort tires. I think it would be a completely different/better car on sport hards.
The car required far too much millimetric driving to really enjoy. The two right-angle, high curbed corners for instance, you need to approach from as wide as you can, turn in early and then drive the curbs with all the wheels straight, stay off the accelerator until the car settled and then go. There are other places where equally exacting driving is required in order to get something out of it, all very annoying.

Anyway, as always, thank you for your time and efforts šŸ‘

{Cy}

DaBomm4
Review: When I wasn't fighting the front understeer, the rear end would kick out on me and vice versa. I won't lie, this was a very tough car to drive and I left everything out on the track with it. I think you did what had to be done in order to make this car competitive against the other Mustangs. Even though it was an underdog at the start, and a handful, your tune did manage to knock off over a second than stock. I wish we had another '07 to compare it to. Sorry mate.:indiff:
I struggled with the understeer too. It definately was interesting tuning knowing that I would not get this car in the top half but it was a challenge and it was fun. I agree, if only anyone else would have been brave enough to try and get the GT into the standings. :sly:

**Iā€™m not a negative person, so if there is any criticism of a tune; itā€™s not meant to be an insult, and if my time is slower than what you have, then thatā€™s fair enough. These are non bias opinions based on how I drive and should be taken with a grain of salt! I respect and appreciate the time the tuners have put into their tunes and I will try everything I can to get the most out of the tune itself.**

FITT Mustang Challenge by MCH
Ford Shelby GT500 '13
Track(s):
Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow

Please Read
Most cars that I found to be fast were on the loose side and required you to be "on it" turn after turn. Just my opinion, but at a track like Willow Springs, one small oops can cost you. I liked the cars that weren't necessarily the quickest, but I felt confident and consistent in, hence why some fast times might have lower DC scores. I'm betting those scores would be higher on other tracks.
Each tuner was drawn at random, but put in the order as listed to help Hami with the spreadsheet. I ran each car for 2 sets of 5 laps.

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5

DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission

@DaBomm4

@787bcgr
Time: 1:17.385
DC Score: 8.5
Review: Solid tune, nothing that stood out as being a problem. Can get a little tail happy on accel, but steady on the throttle and you can keep most of that in check. I like it!

@Bowtie-muscle
Time: 1:17.577
Review: Stable tune and felt comfortable in the car. Slight understeer from mid to exit it nothing major. Gearing took me a few laps to get used to. Nice job!

@DolHaus

@gtmetacrisis
Time: 1:17.403
DC Score: 9.5
Review: The rear kept in line, but maybe a click or two over the sweet spot because it picked up some understeer from mid to exit. Other than that, this is a great car, very well done!

@ImToLegitToQuit
Time: 1:16.884
Review: Turn in was pretty solid. The brakes were decent, if you found your rhythm between the 2; corner entry was a breeze. The only thing that killed the stability was the rest of the turn. The rear end seemed very edgy. Give it too much throttle, you're in the kitty litter, too much steering input....in the kitty litter. Just never really knew what back end was doing, and I don't think it did either...except for it just wanted to go! Fast car though!šŸ‘

@krenkme
Time: 1:17.962
Review: A krenkme car that didn't kill me, gets a point...a krenkme car that was just brilliant to drive, another point. This is a great car, the max downforce made this tune very easy to drive, you can brake later into the turn and it helped keep the rear in check. But with that spoiler comes lack of speed and that tight condition on mid corner. I can deal with the mid corner being snug, but the lack of speed is what stops this from being perfect. I still would gladly take this car as is and race others in it. The best car of yours that I have driven! Break out the cake!:dopey:

@xande1959
Time: 1:18.196
Review: This car had tons of rear grip. I loved the confidence, being able to put the hammer down anywhere and the rear end wouldn't step out. But the understeer that came with it was frustrating. Once you get used to it(ie change your driving line to more of a 4WD), you can put down some good times, but until then you will find yourself "diamond-ing" the long sweepers. A little bit of love from the e-brake will help stop you from carrying your line into the sand.

Ford Shelby GT500 '13
@Badger66

@brian wolf

@Lewis_Hamilton_

@Otaliema
Time: 1:17.326
Review: Do you have some sort of discrimination against tires? Fast tune, but you had better hold on! The rear will slide, but the crazy thing is that it can become predictable and managed after a few laps. Just be sure that there are less than 3 laps to a race because the Goody's won't last. I did feel like a drift king (I am usually the kings' jester when it comes to drifting) on the last turn which was a huge help in dropping the lap time.

@shaunm80

@sinof1337
Time: 1:19.390
DC Score: 7.0
Review: Pretty neutral. Had some pesky understeer, not much but it was enough to slow you down and be mindful of your exit. Not sure why this tune was slow for me. The only thing different about this tune (that is noticeable) was that it was the only Shelby above 90.0% power limiter.

Thank you for the review!! You killed it with the time you got!! Didn't think she had that much in her. Thank you again.

I see this being used a ton by people who visit your garage.šŸ‘ A 550pp FR American Muscle monster that is very stable. The rear tires would squeal, especially at the top of the hill, but the rear didn't whip itself around.
I used Bowties tune on the new Autumn Ring Seasonal by detuning the power settings to meet PP requirements and amending the gear box to suit the power range and that worked out very well on the seasonal with only those minor changes. I would imagine that if you took any of the entries from this FITT challenge and did the same thing, they would be competitive in the 500PP SS range as well as at the PP settings they were created for. I may have to test this theory with my own tune and see how it copes when I have removed all the power parts and adjusted the PP to suit.

Back