First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
5.065km

Race Distance
308.828 km

Lap Record
1:45.008 Lewis Hamilton (2017)

One of the best races of the year. Singapore rarely disappoints, and even if it does, the cars look awesome under lights anyway.

Humid. Very very humid with outbreaks of crashing.

EDIT: Actually... 28-ish celsius with a chance of rain for both qualifying and the race. Being Singapore that means nothing until about 24h before.
I hope so, while the midfield can produce some excitement if it's dry and the Ferrari's get a clean start I don't think they'll be touchable and the top 6 will fly in formation until the Red Bulls breakdown

After a big slap of the rear wheel against the wall Vettel's car is crying fluid all across Singapore. Oh dear. His own worst enemy is himself, as he keeps telling us.

After a big slap of the rear wheel against the wall Vettel's car is crying fluid all across Singapore. Oh dear. His own worst enemy is himself, as he keeps telling us.

Wouldn't surprise me if he killed his gearbox with that smack on the wall.

Wouldn't surprise me if he killed his gearbox with that smack on the wall.

I think he must have done. It would be a shame to see him take a grid penalty for a change (he's surely smashed this one), is he due a penalty for his next change or does he have allowance to spare?

Haven’t watched the session yet, but wouldn’t Seb have had a Friday gearbox in? Meaning that regardless of whether or not it needs to be changed, he won’t have to worry about a grid penalty?

Haven’t watched the session yet, but wouldn’t Seb have had a Friday gearbox in? Meaning that regardless of whether or not it needs to be changed, he won’t have to worry about a grid penalty?

I would have thought so, given that it was Q2 which is usually for long-runs... you wouldn't want to needless stress a race gearbox?

Bloody street circuits - I predict 20 cars doing time trials and no racing, with the occasional slight wall bump leading to a prolonged VSC or SC.

Seriously, this is not a circuit suited to F1.

Bloody street circuits - I predict 20 cars doing time trials and no racing, with the occasional slight wall bump leading to a prolonged VSC or SC.

Seriously, this is not a circuit suited to F1.

To be fair...you can say the same about most of the normal tracks on F1 too...so... :D It's not the circuit that's the problem. Go watch the Aussie V8s run a street course, or even Indy Car. They can be exciting and generate some actual racing.

Kimi will move past Barrichello for the number one spot in most grand prix starts if he sees out 2019 & 2020 for Sauber.

That would be cool. He received a lot of heat back in early 2001 from some people in the paddock for being too inexperienced, what with his mere 23 car races up until that point. And now it looks like he'll break the record for most grand prix in 2020, all made even more impressive when considering he left the sport outright for two years during this stint.

2018-09-15 08.52.26.png

On which lap will Vettel ruin his own race tomorrow? Will it be a first lap shenanigan, or will park it in the wall somewhere in the middle of the race?

I woke up late and they started an hour earlier so I'm gonna wait until it's over so I can watch the replay. ESPN app doesn't let you watch live and "scroll" back in time to the beginning of the broadcast

Lewis and Max well done! Very special performance.
Ferrari what a gap.

Not cheer too soon...looking forward to the race even more

Back