FORMULA 1 Gran Premio Heineken D'Italia 2018Formula 1 

• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 267 comments
Monza:

Fastest lap in Formula 1 history.

Most hair fixes in the span of two minutes.

Whilst I see it as a racing incident between Lewis and Seb, I really feel like Seb should have given up the spot. They basically played chicken and no one decided to be the chicken , but Seb lost. He's on the verge of throwing away two titles by his own decision making.
Yep. I think Nico was on the broadcast saying the same thing.

Whilst I see it as a racing incident between Lewis and Seb, I really feel like Seb should have given up the spot. They basically played chicken and no one decided to be the chicken , but Seb lost. He's on the verge of throwing away two titles by his own decision making.
I agree. They were definitely the fastest cars out there. Seb should have just let Lewis through, and pass him on the straight. It's ridiculous how Ferrari continues to throw away the perfect opportunity to close the gap with Mercedes, even after qualifying 1-2 at their home GP. I think Lewis probably won't the championship today.

What a ****ing race HOOOLLLYYY **** that was fantastic!!

Lewis’s move on Vettel was crazy crazy and Vettel was a little silly.... then Lewis and Kimi fight for the lead and Kimi pulls the same move on Lewis. Mega!

Then! We get a full on full race distance fight for the lead, it was insane!

Honestly ‘bo-ya-sucks’ to all the poo-pooers at the start of this race saying it would be bore fest. Mega mega race

Good race, silly by Seb, losing the championship all by himself.
But I just hope nobody has the nerve to call out Ferrari on TO/using Kimi ever again, or at least until the end of the season.
A bit too much from Max, but keeping him behind the whole race is still impressive.

Honestly ‘bo-ya-sucks’ to all the poo-pooers at the start of this race saying it would be bore fest. Mega mega race

I definitely said how exciting it was going to be, I'm sure of it!

Okay, I didn't, but I'm glad I turned out to be wrong :D

Verstappen... needs to be sent to bed early.

I hope they get booed until they leave the airport.

They'll be on aeroplanes above the ground at that point. That's a sensible time for the booing to stop in anybody's book.

Driver of the day: Hamilton for those brilliant overtaking maneuvers and winning the race.
Honorable mention: I would have to say Stroll, for managing to finish where
he qualified and bagging a point.

The one where Bottas showed Kimi how to be a good roadblock using tactics Ferrari have used all year that still had little effect because Kimis tyres had blistered to buggery anyway?

As soon as Kimi had that blister, he wasn't going to win the race. Bottas had little effect on the result.

I agree. They were definitely the fastest cars out there. Seb should have just let Lewis through, and pass him on the straight. It's ridiculous how Ferrari continues to throw away the perfect opportunity to close the gap with Mercedes, even after qualifying 1-2 at their home GP. I think Lewis probably won't the championship today.
As a Ferrari fan it has all become very frustrating. They have a bloody good car now, one to take the championship all the way down to the last lap of the last race, and they're ruining the excitement. It would be amazing to see those Seb and Lewis tail to bumper, or wing to nose rather, on the very last lap of these season to see who wins the title.

I reckon they should now just do a drag race to decide it all.

Thoughts:

Lewis Hamilton: Well deserved win. Gutsy move on Vettel. Had superior pace through the first part of the first lap. Leveraged that into a strong lunge on the outside of the chicane. Got lucky that Seb didn't take him out, but he managed to position his car outside where he expected Vettel to be, so he wasn't taking as huge a risk as it seemed. Team strategy obviously helped with the tag-team by Bottas, but he still had to make those moves stick on track.

Kimi Raikkonen: Even when you drive absolutely perfectly, you can still lose from P1. Great weekend for Kimi. Pole. Led the start of the race. Did his best to keep Lewis behind him at the end. But the Ferrari simply doesn't have the set-up to overtake a Merc here, despite being faster. Apparently Merc's set-up is better for wheel to wheel racing and tire longevity? We'll find out in the post-race analyses.

Valterri Bottas: Honestly... was he that screwed over by the strategy? I don't think so. Was always going to have to a problem with Verstappen, and was always going to finish ahead of him, anyway. That Red Bull isn't fast enough to matter.

Sebastian Vettel: Such a minor mistake, but it cost him so much. Good job getting back up to fourth, but if Max hadn't collided with Bottas, it could have been slightly worse. Vettel really has to work harder on his wheel to wheel battling.

Max Verstappen: Honestly, Mad Max does it again. What a stupid thing to do, moving under braking again and getting a five second penalty. And then throwing away the race like a petulant child even when giving way to Bottas could have let him catch a tow from the Merc to stay over five seconds ahead of Vettel.

Romain Grosjean: Best of the rest. Had so much trouble in qualifying, but he had a good race today. Well, what we saw of it. Who could watch anything else when the drama up front was so thick?

Esteban Ocon: Good drive. Again, though, who had time to watch him? Disappointing he didn't make any headway against the Haas. His position is where the Force India naturally goes.

Sergio Perez: Good comeback. Chuckled when he traded places with Vettel. Quite the fighter, Sergio, made it up to right behind his team-mate.

No one else matters. Really. Everyone else was so far back.

-

Toughest luck today goes to Daniel Ricciardo, who, after some aggressive battling retired with a blown something-something.

I'll go outside now to hear the booing from Monza.

:lol:

What a race. Totally transfixed from beginning to end. Genius teamwork from Mercedes and I’m going to say that Bottas was the man of race here simply because he got on with it and ensured a team victory.

I took out a years subscription to F1 TV Pro on Friday, and as far as I’m concerned this race has paid for it already.

Max is full of it today.

After his petulant "I know I am losing time to Vettel, but I really don't care."
radio message, he defended the move on Bottas in the post-race interview by saying:
"I did it in a fair way, I left him enough space."

However much space you leave, you're not allowed to weave under braking. They made that rule because of you.

What a talented driver. But what an awful idiot.

Kimi Raikkonen: Even when you drive absolutely perfectly, you can still lose from P1. Great weekend for Kimi. Pole. Led the start of the race. Did his best to keep Lewis behind him at the end. But the Ferrari simply doesn't have the set-up to overtake a Merc here, despite being faster.

Except Kimi made a brilliant move on Lewis... the problem for Ferrari was the tyres and the fact Kimi pushed FAR too hard on his outlaps trying to keep Lewis behind after the stops.

Once Kimi caught up to Bottas he knew that he couldn’t lunge it or really push past him because he needed to keep his tyres, Lewis also had to manage this.

Kimi's main problem was Ferrari getting tricked into the pitstop by Mercedes. Look how long Hamilton and Bottas kept that SS tyre going.

Except Kimi made a brilliant move on Lewis... the problem for Ferrari was the tyres and the fact Kimi pushed FAR too hard on his outlaps trying to keep Lewis behind after the stops.

Once Kimi caught up to Bottas he knew that he couldn’t lunge it or really push past him because he needed to keep his tyres, Lewis also had to manage this.

Oh, it was a good overtake, but Lewis was compromised by his corner exit at the previous overtake, allowing Kimi to get a good run up.

From what I'm seeing in those comments, seems like this one was another cracking race. Just relocated to a new country and that's 2 F1 races that I've missed because of my "temporary living arrangement"....this is really frustrating and I feel like I'm missing it out on some good actions. :banghead:

This is not completely related question but is there a reason why F1 TV Pro is not supported in Canada???????????????????????? :confused:
I mean there is a Canadian Grand Prix for :censored:sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back