FRL~WSC IX - THE RACE: O'RAMA. GT-P CHAMPION: LANCEREVO7. GT-O CHAMPION: JAMMY21Open 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,211 comments
Terrible internet and all, I'm in for the rest of the season. This is after the final season and I sure as hell would at least like to be there for the race, even if it isn't until the end of it.

Won't make today guys, I can't even sign into PSN and this has been going on for two hours straight.

Decent race for me managed to 2 stop the race stopping around 40 & 80 mins in and was a lot more competitive than the rest of the season as was only 1.2 seconds off pole and fastest lap was under a 1:28 and a few other laps were below it as well. Fell off @Panoz towards the end finishing 20 seconds behind with him making 1 more stop?

Favourite part of the race was chasing down @Furinkazen after my first stop and before his errors as at that point I put in around 7 or 8 laps in the mid 28's. Next weekend is all this season works up to the 11th Le Mans classic, this season's been a write off since early in the season because of the Ferrari's dominating and my lack of pace but next week that means nothing. Want to get revenge on @Furinkazen for last season's result coming so close after 3 hours.

Wouldn't mind a few teammate for next week and next season as that hasn't helped the fact I'm the only Jaguar driver

Had to do a 3 stop race due to the Ford's tire wear goes to the 7s on the rear after 30 mins, losing roughly about 2 seconds a lap. The strategy worked well with the fuel going to a half-tank on every run, so I was able to stay ahead of Chris after the last stop.

My race went almost as planned. Start and 1st corner was little mess - miss my brake point - went wide and dropped to 5th (GT-O's). At the end of 3rd lap I was 1st. After that it was keeping steady pace and keep eye on GT-P's lapping.
Couple scary moments but all went ok.
Let's go LeMans...

Unless I am really still half asleep this morning, @raceorama123432 can still win if he wins Le Mans and @LancerEvo7 has a GT-P catastrophe. Note these scores include 1st drop.
upload_2015-1-19_9-13-31.png

GT-O however, pretty sure @jammy21 has it sewn up.

upload_2015-1-19_9-15-32.png

That was a really great race. @jammy21 shot off like a Finnish scalded cat after his 1st corner incident, @snowgt predicted he would fall away and at first he did except his 1 stop strategy worked very well for him. Most of the race I was looking at the back of @Yeratel84 's car at varying distances except the last 5 laps when I started reeling him in and the last 2 laps reminded me of Monza in a past WSC when we had our epic last lap battle for 1st. On the last lap he overtook me again to claim 4th. Great last lap battle.

Congratulations to Jammy for the GTO Pro title and Jon for winning the GTP title.

Apologies to Yera and Rob for some contact.

Looking forward to Le Mans. :gtpflag:

ENTRY LIST: 11th LE MANS CLASSIC:

*Please note the Test Day and Qualifying #1 are on Saturday, Qualifying #2 and the race Sunday. Timing details are in the GT6 FRL Community Group. You do not have to participate in both Qualifying Sessions. Also full WSC X details will be revealed just before Q1 :) *

GT-P
#38 FORD MK IV @Panoz
#43a FERRARI 330 P4 @LancerEvo7
#43b FERRARI 330 P4 @raceorama123432
#54 FORD MK IV @Furinkazen
#93 JAGUAR XJ13 @chrisjohnson93

GT-O
#8 DINO 246GT @ranhammerR34
#12 FERRARI 250GTB @Yeratel84
#21 SHELBY MUSTANG GT350 @jammy21
#22 SHELBY COBRA CL @smuffyatfcp
#23 FERRARI 250GTO @Downhill Dino
#35 SHELBY COBRA CL @R0ssingt0n
#44 FERRARI 250GTB @Ninners
#50 SHELBY MUSTANG GT350 @CAMikaze
#72 TOYOTA 2000GT-LM @snowgt
#77 DINO 246GT @Andil
#85 CORVETTE C3C @FlyingFox

RESERVE
#88 CORVETTE C3C @RACECAR
#777 JAGUAR XJ13 @Spurgy 777

Oh, congrats to @jammy21 to the title! First thought he's still in range of Yera, but of course, if he doesn't race at all, he gets the 16 points back, so he has already secured his title. And well deserved! You obviously found a genius setup for that GT350! 👍

It’s still mathematically possible for @CAMikaze to win the GTO Am Class being 22 points behind me.

This means he’ll have to win GTO at Le Mans and me not to turn up or finish out of the points.

Back