FRL~WSC IX - THE RACE: O'RAMA. GT-P CHAMPION: LANCEREVO7. GT-O CHAMPION: JAMMY21Open 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,211 comments
@Furinkazen
My points from Sierra: 21?
Should be: win 25 + fastest lap 1 = 26 pts
Total points: 152 - 16 = 136 pts

Thanks. I think my experience with GT40 paid off. Cars have same kind of handling.
Actually I have different setup for every track.
Oh, congrats to @jammy21 to the title! First thought he's still in range of Yera, but of course, if he doesn't race at all, he gets the 16 points back, so he has already secured his title. And well deserved! You obviously found a genius setup for that GT350! 👍

Last edited:
It’s still mathematically possible for @CAMikaze to win the GTO Am Class being 22 points behind me.

This means he’ll have to win GTO at Le Mans and me not to turn up or finish out of the points.

Remember Le Mans is double points. So, if you don't show up, all he needs is 4th.

I need fourth and all bonus points or third with none to win the championship if O'Rama wins the race. Shouldn't be congratulating me yet guys.

Last edited:
My race last night was better than expected. First I found half a second in qualifying, and although I was still only 5th, I was only 0.1s off of Yera and Fox. Jammy was 1.3s ahead and Smuffy about 0.7s.

Had some violent snap oversteer on the first lap in the first donwhill left-hand corner and had to pick up from last position. Got back up into 5th and at the pit window for a 2-stopper (40 min) my tyres still were on 8 and I was still doing 1:41's, so I decided to try and leap-frog ahead of Fox and Yera by doing a 1-stopper. Which turned out to work very well. Late in my first stint Smuffy overtook me after his early stop on much fresher tyres (and he stayed ahead of me after his 2nd), but my tyres at the end of my first stint were still on 7 and I hadn't lost much ground on Yera and Fox, and I managed to keep it that way during the second hour, even breaking into the 40's on occasion. I was just behind Fox when he came in for his second stop, so I knew I had a decent gap for the rest of the race. If I hadn't had the mishap on the first lap, I maybe could even have challenged Smuffy for 2nd.

Better result than expected on possibly the worst track for the Toyota.

Worst pace-wise probably, but I guess you weren't expecting it being that gentle to its tyres...

The Toyota is pretty light, and its comparably little torque doesn't really induce wheel spin that much, plus RBR doesn't really have that many corners with a lot of lateral G's, so that certainly helps. I did play with the 1-stop idea at Silverstone, but I was nowhere near the necessary tyre wear there to pull it off. So it was a spontaneous decision after 40 minutes to go for it. Had the tyres dropped to 7 in the next 5 minutes, I would have probably switched to 2 stops, because I knew they were going off the cliff after some time at 7. But they were at 8 after 30 minutes and they stayed at 8 until something like 50 or 55 minutes, so it was certainly a most welcome surprise for me that I was able to keep the pace very constant towards the end of the stints.

ENTRY LIST: 11th LE MANS CLASSIC:

*Please note the Test Day and Qualifying #1 are on Saturday, Qualifying #2 and the race Sunday. Timing details are in the GT6 FRL Community Group. You do not have to participate in both Qualifying Sessions. Also full WSC X details will be revealed just before Q1 :) *

GT-P
#38 FORD MK IV @Panoz
#43a FERRARI 330 P4 @LancerEvo7
#43b FERRARI 330 P4 @raceorama123432
#54 FORD MK IV @Furinkazen
#93 JAGUAR XJ13 @chrisjohnson93

GT-O
#9 DINO 246GT @ranhammerR34
#12 FERRARI 250GTB @Yeratel84
#21 SHELBY MUSTANG GT350 @jammy21
#22 SHELBY COBRA CL @smuffyatfcp
#23 FERRARI 250GTO @Downhill Dino
#35 SHELBY COBRA CL @R0ssingt0n
#44 FERRARI 250GTB @Ninners
#50 SHELBY MUSTANG GT350 @CAMikaze
#72 TOYOTA 2000GT-LM @snowgt
#77 DINO 246GT @Andil
#85 CORVETTE C3C @FlyingFox

RESERVE
#88 CORVETTE C3C @RACECAR
#777 JAGUAR XJ13 @Spurgy 777

@Furinkazen Car #9, not Car #8. ;)

I feel the same about V8 Supercars at the moment. I'll be on tonight and the entire Le Mans weekend.

There is a title at stake!
And as of this past Sunday night, that's still the case. ;)

It’s still mathematically possible for @CAMikaze to win the GTO Am Class being 22 points behind me.

This means he’ll have to win GTO at Le Mans and me not to turn up or finish out of the points.

Remember Le Mans is double points. So, if you don't show up, all he needs is 4th.
:mischievous:👍

You're right. Good job I'm turning up!
And work schedule permitting, so will I. ;)

Like Snow said, Jammy's title is secured (even if he doesn't race at Le Mans), so congrats to him 👍
@jammy21 should show up anyways. ;)

Actually, in real life there is also one qualifying session before it really gets dark. (1900-2100) The other two quali sessions are 2200-0000.

Given this intel, I would suggest we doing this as well... (2200-0000 on Saturday and 1900-2100 on Sunday)

Back