FRL~WSC IX - THE RACE: O'RAMA. GT-P CHAMPION: LANCEREVO7. GT-O CHAMPION: JAMMY21Open 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,211 comments
Good fun guys, challenging. Kudos to you all doing this for 3 hours :cheers:

spent half hour trying to fix the brake issue. Once that was done too much oversteer. 4 seconds off the pace in cars like that and a track I've never liked isn't too bad, not my combination. :lol:

If I have spare time will certainly give it a go. Seems like one of those things that you need some solid time to get the car right and used to it. Kept getting faster, another day I should have been with you guys to a certain degree :P

Cheers for letting me run around, looking forward to ToCA, something I can do without looking a muppet (Speaks to soon) :lol: 👍

For those wondering, I chose to just quit. I simply couldn't take all the idiot crashing and driving I was doing. One lap I'm hitting my lines just right and then the next I crash. I was gonna finish dead last anyhow so there was no point in trying anymore and honestly, I don't think you guys deserve to have a race with an idiot like me around. The last thing I want to do is repeat that moment in the Rolex 24 with that 51 Ferrari and Aston.

I'm not even sure that I want to do next week's race, I'm just too frustraited at my own inability to keep it off the wall.

For those wondering, I chose to just quit. I simply couldn't take all the idiot crashing and driving I was doing. One lap I'm hitting my lines just right and then the next I crash. I was gonna finish dead last anyhow so there was no point in trying anymore and honestly, I don't think you guys deserve to have a race with an idiot like me around. The last thing I want to do is repeat that moment in the Rolex 24 with that 51 Ferrari and Aston.

I'm not even sure that I want to do next week's race, I'm just too frustraited at my own inability to keep it off the wall.
Next race? :dopey:

Good Le Mans race for me no damage for me all race and would of got 3rd but lost a lap due to me doing a Kimi at my last stop. There's hope for next season there with my lack of crashing and decent pace. Not the best season as the Ferrari dominated and was only denied a clean sweep of 1-2's due to @raceorama123432's connection going at Spa.

Would like to wish @ranhammerR34 a happy retirement as he was never a pace setter and occasionally was up near the sharp end when things went his way, it will not be the same without him next season as I totally agree with the quote from @Carbonox earlier in this thread.

upload_2015-1-26_0-43-24.png

upload_2015-1-26_0-43-51.png

Well, I guess that proved Toyota just can't win at Le Mans. ;)

I actually thought I had a great qualifying time, but @jammy21 let us know otherwise. I didn't think this kind of time was actually possible in the GT350, so hats off to what you showed all season long. I thought about restricting the GT350 pre-season, but I just didn't get that performance out of it, no matter what I tried. So, as I also think people shouldn't be penalized for finding a great setup and performing flawlessly, I thought it was best to leave the BoP as it was.

Anyway, I knew I would drop back at the start anyway, due to the Toyota's miserable acceleration, so it didn't really matter who started where for me. I did drop back to 6th at the start and already saw fighting past @CAMikaze how strong the GT350 was. Then I got into a three-way battle with @smuffyatfcp and @FlyingFox which, after I finally thought I had left Fox behind, resulted in me losing it at Tetre Rouge at lap 5. I stopped for repairs and tried to look at the bright side, as I had been losing a lot of ground on Jammy and @Yeratel84 before, and now I was able to run faster lap times alone. Trying to 2-stop at this point was out of the question though.

The plan went well and although I encountered Fox one more time and was worried I would lose some more time again (it was real hard work to get past and away from pretty much any car, because everyone else would stay in my slipstream or even overtake me again until about 3/4 down a straight when finally the Toyota would take off). I then passed Smuffy as he was limping back to the pits, and later on, a bit surprisingly I saw Yera sitting in the gravel at Indianapolis, which gave me 2nd position. From when he was pitting, I knew that Jammy was more than a minute ahead, so that was the maximum I probably could have done that day. My lap times at night also really aren't that great to achieve anything better when you lose 2-3 seconds on what you could theoretically run for about 10 laps.

Anyway, one more time ... well done, Jammy!

Finally season is over :cheers:
I don't know if I have done so much work (practice time) on any other series than this one (WSC).
I scare to count hours and km's that I have put in :scared:
This championship is one of best I have - I'm happy.

Yes GT350 was good car - may be too good to compared to others. There was close lap times with some track. I didn't took pole or fastest lap on every track/race. May be I just learned to drive it well.

LeMans pole time was almost my best time (best was done in day light).
Race start was alright and Yera was leading two laps and I just waited to good place to pass him. I knew it will come.
After passing Yera he was apply to follow me in draf two more laps and then I could open more distance between us and got away. Rest of race was again to do my strategy (3 pitstop) and doing constant laps.
Fanny thing was that I lost control of the car on last lap (40) and got damaged right front. Tired? Yes very. 3 hrs racing is hard.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back