FRL~WSC IX - THE RACE: O'RAMA. GT-P CHAMPION: LANCEREVO7. GT-O CHAMPION: JAMMY21Open 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,211 comments
GT-P:
Reverts back to old style regs without turbos. BoP will be re assessed on them however.

GT-O:
Bye Toyota. Bye Mustang, Bye 250GTB, Bye Dino. Hi Plymouth, hi Alpine.

QUALIFYING:
For both classes, set at Fast or Fastest fuel and tyre use.

SCHEDULE:
All events 2hrs unless marked otherwise. Schedule is FINAL.

01 Sarthe Sprint (Le Mans 2005 NC)
02 BOAC Grand Prix (Brands 80's GP)
03 ADAC Sportscar Masters (N24) (15 Laps TBC)
04 HSR Sportscar Grand Prix (HSR)
05 Monterey Sportscar Grand Prix (Laguna Seca)
06 Grand Prix Of Willow Springs (Big Willow)
07 Rolex 24 @ Daytona (Daytona) (80 Laps)
08 Bathurst 12 Hours (Bathurst)
09 Castrol Grand Prix Of Matterhorn (Dristelen)
10 Eiger Sportscar Grand Prix (Eiger Rev.)
11 Monaco Historic Masters (Monaco)
12 Andalucia GP (Sierra) (16 Laps)
13 Autosport 6 Hours (Silverstone GP-Classic)
14 Total Spa 24 (Spa) (60 laps)
15 12th Le Mans Classic, Finale Of The WSC, (Le Mans 13) (3 Hours)

Last edited:
I put in my best lap in any qualifying session...and I still suck :lol:

Yeah I'm running the Plymouth next year. I thank @FlyingFox for trying to help me, but I'm clearly useless with that car when you take away the Racing tires. If I'm just as terrible in the Plymouth, then I'm just no good at racing these kind of cars on Sports tires.

GT-P:
Reverts back to old style regs without turbos. BoP will be re assessed on them however.

GT-O:
Bye Toyota. Bye Mustang, Bye 250GTB, Bye Dino. Hi Plymouth, hi Alpine.

QUALIFYING:

SCHEDULE:

01 Sarthe Sprint (Le Mans 2005 NC)
02 BOAC Grand Prix (Brands 80's GP)
03 ADAC Sportscar Masters (N24) (15 Laps TBC)
04 HSR Sportscar Grand Prix (HSR)
05 Monterey Sportscar Grand Prix (Laguna Seca)
06 Grand Prix Of Willow Springs (Big Willow)
07 Rolex 24 @ Daytona (Daytona) (80 Laps)
08 Bathurst 12 Hours (Bathurst)
09 Castrol Grand Prix Of Matterhorn (Dristelen)
10 Eiger Sportscar Grand Prix (Eiger Rev.)
11 Monaco Historic Masters (Monaco)
12 Andalucia GP (Sierra) (16 Laps)
13 Autosport 6 Hours (Silverstone GP-Classic)
14 Total Spa 24 (Spa) (60 laps)
15 12th Le Mans Classic, Finale Of The WSC, (Le Mans 13) (3 Hours)
You should have heard some of the reactions to when some of the races on the schedule were announced, truly LOL-worthy. :lol:

I remember hearing the discussions about whether Monza was going to be on the schedule, I was wondering if the IMS Road Course was also in the discussion.

I put in my best lap in any qualifying session...and I still suck :lol:

Yeah I'm running the Plymouth next year. I thank @FlyingFox for trying to help me, but I'm clearly useless with that car when you take away the Racing tires. If I'm just as terrible in the Plymouth, then I'm just no good at racing these kind of cars on Sports tires.
Well, there is plenty of time until the next WSC season commences barring anything unforseen. As for the cars currently on the GT-O roster, I gather the specs remain the same? And I do remember hearing GT-O cars will be racing on Sport Mediums next season as well.

GT-P:

GT-O:
Bye Mustang and Bye Dino.

QUALIFYING:

SCHEDULE:
)

Damn, two of my long time buddies are riding off into the sunset especially the Mustang and the Dino. Well, I have come to a decision about next season. After much thought over the last week, and after some really rough races in this series over the years, I have decided that my retirement from the series was coming. Sadly, Le Mans will be my last dance. :( It has gotten so competitive over the years that I can't keep up anymore and I really do not want to cause any incidents! :banghead:

So I say this, I promise to try my damnest to make my final run at Le Mans to be the best one I have had. 👍:sly: Like @R0ssingt0n I also have a PS4, and lately its been getting quite a ton more attention than the PS3! :eek:

@Furinkazen: Thank you for the opportunities over the few years of racing these beasts and being a good mate to me. Good luck with everything man! 👍 :cheers:

To the rest of you lot: You have all been absolutely awesome and friendly as all get out, and have made the FRL, one of the best groups to be apart of on this website. Good things must come to an end, and I want you guys to put on the best show for WSC X: The Final Dance. While I'm going to do smaller series (Vitzs, Clios, etc.), my major competitive stuff is overwith. Thanks everyone for understanding and I'll see ya around. :)

ranhammerR34/Randy

You should have heard some of the reactions to when some of the races on the schedule were announced, truly LOL-worthy. :lol:

I remember hearing the discussions about whether Monza was going to be on the schedule, I was wondering if the IMS Road Course was also in the discussion.

I'm not going to mention any track in the calendar in particular... just going to say it's really a shame Monza (such an historic track), was forgotten while some questionable tracks made it in (that and Motegi, which for me came through and delivered a good racing round)

I'm not going to mention any track in the calendar in particular... just going to say it's really a shame Monza (such an historic track), was forgotten while some questionable tracks made it in (that and Motegi, which for me came through and delivered a good racing round)

Monza gave us the closest finishes ever in the WSC, those who remember that race knows.

Monza gave us the closest finishes ever in the WSC, those who remember that race knows.

Indead, that finish in S6, a win in S7 plus it being the only track where I got to beat Joe fair and square (back in S5)...

Autodromo Nazionale Monza (No Chicanes).jpg

This here is my race deciding overtake over Joe (my Jag is the blue one), with @chrisjohnson93 filling in for Zonta (for those not getting the reference, google "Hakkinen Schumacher Spa 2000")

Damn, two of my long time buddies are riding off into the sunset especially the Mustang and the Dino. Well, I have come to a decision about next season. After much thought over the last week, and after some really rough races in this series over the years, I have decided that my retirement from the series was coming. Sadly, Le Mans will be my last dance. :( It has gotten so competitive over the years that I can't keep up anymore and I really do not want to cause any incidents! :banghead:

So I say this, I promise to try my damnest to make my final run at Le Mans to be the best one I have had. 👍:sly: Like @R0ssingt0n I also have a PS4, and lately its been getting quite a ton more attention than the PS3! :eek:

@Furinkazen: Thank you for the opportunities over the few years of racing these beasts and being a good mate to me. Good luck with everything man! 👍 :cheers:

To the rest of you lot: You have all been absolutely awesome and friendly as all get out, and have made the FRL, one of the best groups to be apart of on this website. Good things must come to an end, and I want you guys to put on the best show for WSC X: The Final Dance. While I'm going to do smaller series (Vitzs, Clios, etc.), my major competitive stuff is overwith. Thanks everyone for understanding and I'll see ya around. :)

ranhammerR34/Randy

Sorry to see you go Randy. You have been a fella with top banter over the years and yes you have caused incidents but I for one will miss you.

You're a top bloke mate. Take care. Cheers and beers. :cheers:

Last edited:
Back