GT Sport Update 1.47 Arrives, Introducing Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 317 comments
For me this is the best update yet.

Dont have time to play today.

But ading Brands Hatch to the Nostalgic events. Is the best news I have ever heard :-)

This combined with the addition of the Red Pig and Spa makes this A super update

I can now see and actual fun way to grind the last levels from 46 to 50 :-)

And BTW what we want next. Thats Easy. Sebring is by far my most wanted track.

I never understood everyone wanted Spa so much. Its already in nearly all other games. Ill much rather have some of the good US tracks.

I think the answer is "no", but just to check, is there any way in the game to see a simple list of all the cars you don't own? I have enough credits to buy the new cars, but there's lots of other cars I don't own, and it would be nice to see a list of them all to decide which to get next. Going through the brands one by one in brand central is really slow.

My only disappointment is that they rendered Spa when they had torn down the stands approaching Eau Rouge, meaning the beauty shots of Eau Rouge have ugly construction in the background.

Is it just me, or the sound on Taycan is bugged? It sounds exactly the same on the outside camera as it does inside. No sound insulation at all. Surely it should be quieter?

Quite ugly looking Mercedes. They could have done better - releasing a pure Mercedes from that year and not this ugly racing one.
Spa. What a boring track. *zzzzzzzznoring* A really tired choice of a track. Was hoping for more cars and a better, more fun track! The dev team has lost it completely and uses GT Sport as an art project and not take it seriously anymore. If so we should have got better cars and not such a boring track as SPA. It would have been great to have Monaco GP track in it or a winter rallye stage. That would have been something extraordinary!

I hate to be a derp that's asking questions before downloading the update, but was the Michelin updates not included? Didn't see anything in the release notes.

That being said, excited to throw some cars around SPA tonight! Hoping it's daily race B next week.

This is a great update. Just a quick test this morning , i will just talk about stock car's physics , SPA is still really great for fast cars of course .....
They have worked a lot on the car's physics since some few last updates. I just can say it's almost perfect.
The aventador is very well balanced , LSD is spot on , it don't tight the car and let the rear feel just perfect out corner. Under steer mid corner is natural for a 4WD but can be corrected with wheel and throttle inputs. I would love if PD transfer those settings on the veneno that have catastrophic physics , impossible to fix with the settings window we have in game.
The porsche also is perfectly balanced , great sane driving line and reactive.
Mercedes also is great , sorry for the nostalgics but this 4 gearbox will be substituted by a custom one .

The best surprise came from the Demio. Nevr in the GT saga PD build an FF car like this , physics are just perfects and totally new and spot on for a FF car . Just the only unic FF that i really enjoy to drive and feel.
Congratulations PD.

Last edited:
My only disappointment is that they rendered Spa when they had torn down the stands approaching Eau Rouge, meaning the beauty shots of Eau Rouge have ugly construction in the background.
That's really dumb. Why couldn't they just model it without the construction and leave it open?

I hate to be a derp that's asking questions before downloading the update, but was the Michelin updates not included? Didn't see anything in the release notes.
The Michelin content was added last month. It's in the car settings screen, Brand Central, and numerous additional trackside advertising boards.

The Michelin content was added last month. It's in the car settings screen, Brand Central, and numerous additional trackside advertising boards.
Sorry, I should have elaborated on that:

Wasn't there supposed to be a tire physics update this month? I thought that was announced when the partnership was first revealed.

I've already said it and I'll said it again.
The Demio is the best car of the pack for being a N100 torque monster, it drives great, it's light and it has a LSD as standard.
As for the other cars, they are nice, but they are no match for the Almighty Diesel Mazda :bowdown:

Sorry, I should have elaborated on that:

Wasn't there supposed to be a tire physics update this month? I thought that was announced when the partnership was first revealed.
No.

What was announced when the partnership was first revealed was a Michelin content update by the end of October. That's what we actually got at the end of September (there may be more things added this month - billboard changes or some such).

The Michelin tire technology isn't likely to come to GT Sport for a good long while. It won't simply be a case of Michelin coming in and saying the grip coefficient needs changing and sidewalls don't actually flex like that, it's a three-year partnership that will see PD and Michelin working together not just to improve PD's simulation of tyres, but Michelin's simulation of simulations.

We don't even know if a Michelin-led (or improved) tyre model will come to GT Sport. It may be a later game - although GT Sport looks like it might have a bit of life left in it thanks to the PS5 being both backwards compatible and supporting cross-generation play, and GTS being one of the games used to demonstrate its abilities.

No.

What was announced when the partnership was first revealed was a Michelin content update by the end of October. That's what we actually got at the end of September (there may be more things added this month - billboard changes or some such).

The Michelin tire technology isn't likely to come to GT Sport for a good long while. It won't simply be a case of Michelin coming in and saying the grip coefficient needs changing and sidewalls don't actually flex like that, it's a three-year partnership that will see PD and Michelin working together not just to improve PD's simulation of tyres, but Michelin's simulation of simulations.

We don't even know if a Michelin-led (or improved) tyre model will come to GT Sport. It may be a later game - although GT Sport looks like it might have a bit of life left in it thanks to the PS5 being both backwards compatible and supporting cross-generation play, and GTS being one of the games used to demonstrate its abilities.
I read that press release completely wrong lol. Thanks for clarifying!

Back