GT Sport Update 1.47 Arrives, Introducing Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 317 comments
Are you serious? Pretty sure the Taycan has no chance. Its very heavy and in braking and cornering suffers a lot

Genuinely.

DSC_1111.jpg

PD, why no Kart track too!?! I mean it's right there. And we have Karts. So.......

8287218159346255376_0.jpg
I always wonder that. When it comes to negotiating track licensing, why doesn't PD negotiate alternative layouts like rival games do?
For example, Nurb could have the layouts: Sprint Circuit, No Arena, and Müllenbachschleif.

La Sarthe, could have the Bugatti Circuit version and the kart track. Suzuka could have West Suzuka.

If rival games can, why can't PD? Honest doubt.

So I had a go with the Taycan at Spa:
erwrwr.jpg

(All cars are in their base HP/Weight setting and ran in Sport Soft tires. Their suspension and diffs were tweaked as well)

Being very skeptical about the above results, I ran a 4-lap Time trial test in Sainte-Croix Circuit B, with default setup, standard weight and power, and Racing Soft tyres.

My results:

Lamborghini Aventador LP 750 SV (2015): 2:15,389
Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 (2011): 2:17,329
Porsche Taycan (2019): 2:19,422

One could argue that, because Porsche is electric, I didn't manage to show it's full potetntial. Maybe, but 4 secs is a very big gap. I can't imagine how Taycan could be faster than Lambo SV.

Last edited:
I have a complaint!!! :sly:

I haven't had much time for gaming the last couple of months (you know, real life :rolleyes:), so I can't keep up with all these updates...! :lol:.

I haven't had time to drive the S2000, Ferrari 365 or the Subaru Impreza yet (left the Impreza deliberately, waiting for it to be added to the Boxer event). And now they throw 4 more great cars new to the Series and Spa at me :crazy:.

Right, that's it, no more time for sleeping for me...

Being very skeptical about the above results, I ran a 4-lap Time trial test in Sainte-Croix Circuit B, with default setup and Racing Soft tyres.

My results:

One could argue that, because Porsche is electric, I didn't manage to show it's full potetntial. Maybe, but 4 secs is a very big gap. I can't imagine how Taycan could be faster than Lambo SV.
I just did the same test on Spa, one hotlap for each. Racing tires for both, default setup, and both maxed out (minimum weight and maximum power)

Here are the times:

Porsche Taycan: 2:21.546
Lamborghini Aventador SV: 2:18.618

Although, it has do be said, the Aventador maxed out is a bit hard to drive. But has plenty of improvement potential. Those times abvove are just one attempt, the first good lap for both.
The Porsche is fast out of the box and kinda easy to drive but you feel that it reaches quickly the laptime limit and you cant not extract much more.

Max power/Min weight on RS tires @ Autopolis, slight suspension readjustment on both cars.
My times
Taycan: 1:47.350
Aventador: 1:45:767

Maybe your modified suspension settings were not good on the Lambo. Times on the Porsche for both of us are close but not on the Aventador.
Didnt use TC, it only slows the car down and kills laptimes. Also the manual gearbox is key for me. It allows for a much better and more precise control of the car and the throttle which the Porsche doesnt have.

Last edited:
I wonder, why not everyone is raising their pitchforks over this? I can't drive the Taycan because of the whine. I first thought, my sound system was broken, when I was onboard the taycan.

use gift of sound settings rofl

It is a good cup car! I used to google a bit on liveries with the Mazda 6 which worked well on the Atenza.
Now super excited to try out some liveries on the Demio.

I totally agree, it's so lively to drive it's like a puppy!
As for the liveries, i kinda want to do a replica of the diesel Demios used in one-make races in Japan, something like this:

2015FCR1_021.jpg

I have yet to find the time to do it, though.

The Porsche Taycan just feels so fast, like less than seven minutes on the Nurburgring with a standard setup and Racing: Super Soft tires. In terms of top speed, it will likely be humbled. But even then, it's still able to punch above its weight, given its near-2300kg curb weight.

In the dry day races the detail is poor and washed out looking. I'm sure the car gets bigger towards the end of the lap too!!
And to think GT Sport is a PS4 game rofl, this is sort of unexpected. Maybe they'll fix this in a future update.

I always wonder that. When it comes to negotiating track licensing, why doesn't PD negotiate alternative layouts like rival games do?
For example, Nurb could have the layouts: Sprint Circuit, No Arena, and Müllenbachschleif.

La Sarthe, could have the Bugatti Circuit version and the kart track. Suzuka could have West Suzuka.

If rival games can, why can't PD? Honest doubt.

You could waste time wondering and waiting, or just buy project cars 2 for $20, which has more go karting tracks than GT Sport has actual tracks.
https://www.projectcarsgame.com/the-tracks/?lang=en-us

:odd: It's a great track list for sure (I own the game too) but the facts say otherwise. I only counted 13 kart track layouts on the page you linked. How is that more than GT Sport has actual tracks?

Because he lives for nothing else then to say ANYTHING negative about GT Sport, via this or his attempts call out PD and Sony for "Exploiting Young Broke Students" (Which is a rather broad generalization considering two of them are racing drivers and I would be willing to bet not all of others are college students). Just ignore him.

Last edited:
He's most likely including some of the shorter "Club" layouts that make good karting courses too. They aren't labeled "kart".
Then he should have said 'which has more go karting tracks and shorter "Club" layouts that make good karting courses too'. ;)

Did I hear there was gonna be a new interview from GTP after the Tokyo World Tour, or was it just me?

Being very skeptical about the above results, I ran a 4-lap Time trial test in Sainte-Croix Circuit B, with default setup, standard weight and power, and Racing Soft tyres.

My results:

Max power/Min weight on RS tires @ Autopolis, slight suspension readjustment on both cars.

My times
Taycan: 1:47.350
Aventador: 1:45:767

Maybe your modified suspension settings were not good on the Lambo. Times on the Porsche for both of us are close but not on the Aventador.
Didnt use TC, it only slows the car down and kills laptimes. Also the manual gearbox is key for me. It allows for a much better and more precise control of the car and the throttle which the Porsche doesnt have.

Of course the Lambo would obliterate the electric Porsche because its maxed out.

I did the runs with the conditions you used, and I can see why.

The straights of Spa now becomes favorable for the Lambo because of its upgraded specs.

I did 2:22 for the Taycan and 2:17 on the SV with maxed out specs

Had it been stock, the Taycan will still trump it.

I hate to turn this into a debate thread, but all I can say is that the Taycan deserves merit and kudos to Porsche for successfully creating a car that can both be green in the city and mean on the track.

I feel like the Aventador SV is probably one of the easiest super/hypercars to chuck around in terms of handling; it's less stiff to turn than the LP700 but it does feel a bit slippier around turns. Still, it's not too hard to drive.

I may be a bit biased especially since I willingly have almost 2000km logged on my LP700 but the SV probably has to be my favorite car in the pack.
Well it's one of the most enjoyable supercars in the game. I thought it would be a bit of hassle to get around Spa, but the car didn't feel sluggish or slow. I'd like to see how it compares to the LaFerrari.

Don't give him attention, it's clear from his DP that he's a PCARS fan that only comes here to trash the game.
I don't why he hasn't been banned yet.

Of course the Lambo would obliterate the electric Porsche because its maxed out.

I did the runs with the conditions you used, and I can see why.

The straights of Spa now becomes favorable for the Lambo because of its upgraded specs.

I did 2:22 for the Taycan and 2:17 on the SV with maxed out specs

Had it been stock, the Taycan will still trump it.

I hate to turn this into a debate thread, but all I can say is that the Taycan deserves merit and kudos to Porsche for successfully creating a car that can both be green in the city and mean on the track.
Yes Porsche did a great job with the Taycan, arguably the best electic car on the market and I think definitely better than the Teslas.

However... electric cars being "fully green" as of today, you have to take it with a pinch of salt. If the electricity comes from fossil fuel or nuclear powerplants, they aren't green

Back