GT Sport Update v1.43 Arrives August 27, Adds Five New Cars And Rain

• Thread starter VeeDoubleU
  • 423 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, just for those who still want to bang the drum about the 22B versus the Ver. Vi.

The 22B has a 2.2 version of the 2.0 engine, that produces its torque sooner in the rev range to give more punch out of corners, at the expense of being more of a handful in the wet. It has specific wheels that cost £850+ per corner. It also has spacers and bespoke bearings, fitting under hand made wider arches front and back. The shell started as a Ver.IV before being prepared to look as close to the WRC car as possible. The B in the name refers to the Bilstein dampers. The shell is seam welded for extra rigidity. The interior is a more matte finish than regular production Imprezas to give a higher perceived quality.

The Ver.VI we are getting this month is an evolved version of the GC line, with very little in common with the 22B, apart from both being 2-door bodyshells.

I was actually referring to the S2000 since we already have it in the form of Amuse but im not sure if it even counts as a duplicate

Are you joking right now? How on the world is the stock AP1 S2000 a "Dupe" simply because we already had the more powerful tuned version of it? Thats not even close to the definition of a duplicate.

Wait wait wait wait wait a second. There's no Spa in the trailer :lol:
Irl, the official name for the yellow paint on the S2000 is Spa Yellow Pearl. If they use that paint in the game, we'd still be getting Spa. :cool:
Oh, and it was also available in Berlina Black, New Formula Red, Gran Prix White, Sebring Silver and Silverstone Metallic. 👍

Typical PD trickle down content. Just know guys that once GTS is finished and it goes offline I'm guessing most DLC will along with it. Then we'll get to go through 6 more years of trickle down content. They release a '93 Civic in 2026 and you'll all cheer!!:cheers:. The next game should be called GT Sheep

Typical PD trickle down content. Just know guys that once GTS is finished and it goes offline I'm guessing most DLC will along with it. Then we'll get to go through 6 more years of trickle down content. They release a '93 Civic in 2026 and you'll all cheer!!:cheers:. The next game should be called GT Sheep
Sounds like you should play a different game.

So would you rather have some PS2 quality cars or...

Okay, my thoughts of the update. I never really completely gave my full opinion on it before.

It's overall not great, but not terrible. I like the addition of rain conditions to Red Bull Ring, but that's the problem; it's just one race track. I was kinda hoping for most of the tracks to get this update and the fact I seemingly have to wait longer to get rain for most tracks annoys me. I like the addition of existing events, but I was kinda hoping for a new single player race. I mean with the EK9 Type R added last month, I was expecting PD to finally add the Type R meeting. I would say it's due to not having enough Type Rs, but there's one-make events in GT-League that only have 2 or 3 cars fitting the requirement.

It's a bit underwhelming to not see a brand new track as I was craving another environment to race on. Now for the cars, I genuinely like the cars PD added including the Levin. If I see Trueno in a GT game, I typically want the Levin to come with it. I have my own reasons, usually having to do with photo mode and livery editing. I'm honestly more happy to finally see a non-22B STI Impreza in a racing game for once. I love the 22B Impreza, I really do, but I really missed driving a regular 1st Gen STI. I missed it's distinct bumpers and not having those extended fenders. This car being added gives me bliss. I really didn't expect the AP1 S2000, not that I'm complaining as I prefer that over the AP2. There's a modified S2000 in the game, but that just won't feel the same nor look the same. The 1st Gen Mitsubishi GTO is just a long welcomed return as that hasn't been seen since GT2. I really wanted it to return one day and it finally has. Lastly the S13 Silvia, I'm happy that PD now is focusing on adding Silvias, I hope this leads to the S14 K's Aero and S15 Spec R.

With what I just said, the car additions are overall meh when taking my personal biases out of the equation. I think they make valid additions, but I rather if PD not focused only on japanese sports cars or older cars in general versus adding more modern cars. If it were up to me, I would have some cars being returns from the past GTs and some being newcomers. I think each update should be one new-to series race car in order to continue appealing to the people that enjoy the eSports aspect of GT Sport utilizing Sports Car racing. As people have said, it does indeed alienate part of the fanbase if you just focus on one set of cars for so long. You got to treat each part equally whether it's the people that prefer classic GT gameplay or the crowd loving modern GT's eSport racing.

How do I find out what the new campaign races are?
Other than the fact that we have a 10 lap race in the rain at Red Bull Ring for the Group 2 cars in the All Japan GT Car Championships, I think it's just a case of "wait and see"...

You guys are all crying and whining. Many of y'all thought this update was great before Spa-Franchorchamps was even teased. Yeah it's unfortunate we're not getting a new track this month, but it's not like this is the first month where we haven't had a new track. We still are getting 5 new fan favorite vehicles and rain for frigging sake! The car's are not necessarily my cup of tea but they're still new cars! I'm really looking forward to trying them out as well as all the other cars in the game in rain! 👍

That’s not the vibe I’m getting from today’s discussion. Many people are unsurprisingly caught off guard by the fact that Spa isn’t coming tomorrow. There have been several factors to support the notion it would. You’re blowing the “crying and whining” part out of proportion. Those who looked forward to rain and the cars are still looking forward. Those who didn’t are just disappointed about Spa taking longer than expected. No wonder the discussion is influenced by it, but let’s not pretend that general opinion has suddenly experience a complete turnaround.

People are complaining about Levin, then, you're still here to complain that the updates of this game don't satisfy you. If so, go elsewhere because here you will surely not receive another 5 identical Huracan models. Gran Turismo has always had a keen eye for the JDM, if you want Bugatti and other unmanageable cars with 1,000 to 2,000 hp, you should go elsewhere.

Okay, my thoughts of the update. I never really completely gave my full opinion on it before.

It's overall not great, but not terrible. I like the addition of rain conditions to Red Bull Ring, but that's the problem; it's just one race track. I was kinda hoping for most of the tracks to get this update and the fact I seemingly have to wait longer to get rain for most tracks annoys me. I like the addition of existing events, but I was kinda hoping for a new single player race. I mean with the EK9 Type R added last month, I was expecting PD to finally add the Type R meeting. I would say it's due to not having enough Type Rs, but there's one-make events in GT-League that only have 2 or 3 cars fitting the requirement.

It's a bit underwhelming to not see a brand new track as I was craving another environment to race on. Now for the cars, I genuinely like the cars PD added including the Levin. If I see Trueno in a GT game, I typically want the Levin to come with it. I have my own reasons, usually having to do with photo mode and livery editing. I'm honestly more happy to finally see a non-22B STI Impreza in a racing game for once. I love the 22B Impreza, I really do, but I really missed driving a regular 1st Gen STI. I missed it's distinct bumpers and not having those extended fenders. This car being added gives me bliss. I really didn't expect the AP1 S2000, not that I'm complaining as I prefer that over the AP2. There's a modified S2000 in the game, but that just won't feel the same nor look the same. The 1st Gen Mitsubishi GTO is just a long welcomed return as that hasn't been seen since GT2. I really wanted it to return one day and it finally has. Lastly the S13 Silvia, I'm happy that PD now is focusing on adding Silvias, I hope this leads to the S14 K's Aero and S15 Spec R.

With what I just said, the car additions are overall meh when taking my personal biases out of the equation. I think they make valid additions, but I rather if PD not focused only on japanese sports cars or older cars in general versus adding more modern cars. If it were up to me, I would have some cars being returns from the past GTs and some being newcomers. I think each update should be one new-to series race car in order to continue appealing to the people that enjoy the eSports aspect of GT Sport utilizing Sports Car racing. As people have said, it does indeed alienate part of the fanbase if you just focus on one set of cars for so long. You got to treat each part equally whether it's the people that prefer classic GT gameplay or the crowd loving modern GT's eSport racing.

Unfortunately, i think the term "Modern Cars" is no longer in PD's dictionary considering their car choices the last 3-4 months

Is this game feeling like a GT7 experiment to anyone else? I can really seeing them already doing GT7 and porting all this content into it with "New GT MODE!" and offline options.

That argument has more or less been around since GT Sport first dropped.

I see this Type R as a representation for the "normal" Impreza and the 22B as the special anniversary car that it is.

Minor correction. The Type R here represents the regular WRX STi. Normal Impreza is something quite more mundane than the WRX STi versions.

The 22B, while also a WRX STi, is something very special. Tuned and modified in various ways. Rare unicorn of which only 400 were ever made, most never left Japan. It’s the holy grail of all WRX STi generations.

What is "trickle down content"? And why do you think they would keep adding DLC after they've discontinued the online service for the game?

Is this game feeling like a GT7 experiment to anyone else? I can really seeing them already doing GT7 and porting all this content into it with "New GT MODE!" and offline options.
I reckon they've already reallocated a bunch of resources from GTS over to the next game, hence the slower releases of content.

There's a rwason in the broadcast they didn't specify when it's arriving. I knew when Jimmy said future update it immediately meant not this one
Yeah I probably should have seen it coming :rolleyes: I got fixated on Spa because I really don’t like any of the cars that were teased in the silhouette picture :D

Well the good thing about today is that I finally managed to borrow a pc, to update the firmware of my wheel so I can use my new ‘open-wheel’ add-on wheel :cool:

Minor correction. The Type R here represents the regular WRX STi. Normal Impreza is something quite more mundane than the WRX STi versions.

The 22B, while also a WRX STi, is something very special. Tuned and modified in various ways. Rare unicorn of which only 400 were ever made, most never left Japan. It’s the holy grail of all WRX STi generations.
True, I didn't really word my comment properly. Has a standard non WRX Impreza ever even been in a video game? I don't remember a non Evo Lancer being in one either (not counting the 80's one in Gt4).

I would imagine they are creating cars at a high higher resolution and detail than the PS4 can handle, hence the time to create them. If so they they all should roll over into the next GT with little or no effort.

I'm sure I read something about them doing that but cant find the link.

Also in my eyes any update is good, especially for free. Racing in the wet should be a good laugh!

Gt Sport- Exists
Gt Planet
IMG_20190628_101808.jpg

PD are definitely drip feeding this stuff that's for sure, 5 cars last month and no new track 5 cars this month no new track but rain on an existing one. I feel like a pet dog being beckoned back to the dinner table for a treat only to be sent away after a mere nibble! That said we have no room to argue as all the updates are free, PD are still supporting the game and it is improving. I am more hoping for some new tyre model to make GTS shine......eventually. Visually it already looks sweet just not quite there with the realism for me :)

Best vehicle update to date for me. Please PD 95 EVO 3,NSX type S zero, RX7 RZ 92-93 with bbs wheels next.

you will surely not receive another 5 identical Huracan models.

Nobody was asking for this anyway?

if you want Bugatti and other unmanageable cars with 1,000 to 2,000 hp, you should go elsewhere.

1) easier said than done for a lot of people

2) super classy essentially telling people to go away

3) if you can’t handle the cars, maybe it’s more of a you problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back