GT Sport Update v1.43 Arrives August 27, Adds Five New Cars And Rain

• Thread starter VeeDoubleU
  • 423 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The delay for SPA is all due to this guy he has to be plastered everywhere that the owners of SPA will allow:
Michelin_Corporate_Logo___on_blue-1200x631.jpg

The “Type R” Impreza WRX STI, eh? Is that new to the series? What makes this trim special?

EDIT: I’d be happy if, in either future GTS updates or the next GT game, we got more of the S20x Subarus, like the first one, and especially stuff like the BR-Z tS and the newest WRX STI RA. (I think only 300 of that latter one was made, too.) Plus, I could maybe see the BR-Z GT300 coming to Gr.3, alongside the newer GT300 Impreza that was in the PS3-era games.

Last edited:
See the thing with the article was at the end it says "Polyphony Digital does reportedly have the Spa circuit ready to go should the two parties come to a resolution.", and now, given the resolution as seemingly been reached, it's confusing why it's not being added. That's why I was under the impression that unlike the rain which they were likely still working on so had to delay, that Spa was ready to upload at any time once they had the rights. If that's not the case it either means
1. there's still work to be done on the track or
2. they're intentionally holding it back to spread out update content.

I think it's still probably that there's fine tuning to be done with Spa but if it is option 2, imo that's just silly, almost everyone would rather get 2 new tracks now (counting Rain Austria as a track for this example) than waiting an extra month for no reason.

See the thing with the article was at the end it says "Polyphony Digital does reportedly have the Spa circuit ready to go should the two parties come to a resolution.", and now, given the resolution as seemingly been reached, it's confusing why it's not being added. That's why I was under the impression that unlike the rain which they were likely still working on so had to delay, that Spa was ready to upload at any time once they had the rights. If that's not the case it either means

I think it's still probably that there's fine tuning to be done with Spa but if it is option 2, imo that's just silly, almost everyone would rather get 2 new tracks now (counting Rain Austria as a track for this example) than waiting an extra month for no reason.

Apparently, Spa still needed some work according to people watching the GT World Tour streams yesterday. People commenting on this thread and the last should specify the issues that were spotted.

There is a third option: it simply came too late for the update.

We were on the ground at NYC since Thursday and had no reason to think that Spa was coming. In fact the information was that the track was both a real-world track and new to the series - which of course would exclude Spa. The first we heard about it was that FB post that was published by mistake and quickly deleted. It suggests a pretty rapid state change.

Updates have to go to Sony for certification before they're approved for upload, and that takes a few days. An update on Tuesday would likely have had to go to Sony some time around Friday before last (16th). PD is likely to get a quicker turnaround than a third-party developer, but you're still probably looking at a week's notice minimum. If the situation with Spa had been resolved any later than Monday 19th, it's possible that it's just arrived too late to add it to the update - but PD would have no problem sticking it into a WT build.

The question then becomes "where's my real-world new-to-series track"? Well... if PD didn't show it off at a WT event, it's not likely to release it. As a result if this update is cars and wet track, I'd expect there to be new cars but no track at Salzburg, track (Spa) and cars in v1.43 at the end of September, cars and "new to series" track at Tokyo, and cars and that track at the end of October.

It is worth noting though that we don't know Spa isn't in this update yet, just because it wasn't in a video that shouldn't have been revealed just yet. There may be a separate video just to showcase Spa - after all, for something so much in-demand, you would, wouldn't you? Gotta get those clicks! The evidence so far does not suggest it, but we'd wait until the update notes are there on GT's own site.

Bummer.

But my hype level for GT Sport is on an all time high never the less.

Bring it!

The “Type R” Impreza WRX STI, eh? Is that new to the series? What makes this trim special?

Type R was just the name of the 2-door coupe bodied WRX STI in Japan, and has been included in some version since GT1. It denotes the bodystyle more than anything else, but in terms of spec/tuning, it was roughly equivalent to the 4-door Type RA, but a 'regular' WRX STI 2-door was not offered. I think I've got that right...

Apparently, Spa still needed some work according to people watching the GT World Tour streams yesterday. People commenting on this thread and the last should specify the issues that were spotted.
There where none. It’s arguably the best looking track so far.

I’m pretty sure this is PD spreading out content or it was a last minute addition. Best case scenario they’re still adding new conditions like rain. There’s also a World Tour event in 3 weeks time. So that is another opportunity to tease future update content.

Ah, so there's no Spa in the update at all, and the meme annoyingly continues. I can't wait to drive that GC8 STI and 1st Gen GTO though. :D

PD does like to keep us guessing lol, I suppose one thing it proves is that a lot of people are still passionate about the game :). To be fair I can wait for Spa,but I was expecting a track of sorts this month after just the cars in the last update. Still, maybe PD thinks that 5 cars plus one wet track is good enough for an update. I for one am looking forward to the cars and will have some fun splashing about at the RBR :)

I think there is a real possibility that Spa came in super hot and did not make it in time for cert.

There is a third option: it simply came too late for the update.

We were on the ground at NYC since Thursday and had no reason to think that Spa was coming. In fact the information was that the track was both a real-world track and new to the series - which of course would exclude Spa. The first we heard about it was that FB post that was published by mistake and quickly deleted. It suggests a pretty rapid state change.

Updates have to go to Sony for certification before they're approved for upload, and that takes a few days. An update on Tuesday would likely have had to go to Sony some time around Friday before last (16th). PD is likely to get a quicker turnaround than a third-party developer, but you're still probably looking at a week's notice minimum. If the situation with Spa had been resolved any later than Monday 19th, it's possible that it's just arrived too late to add it to the update - but PD would have no problem sticking it into a WT build.

The question then becomes "where's my real-world new-to-series track"? Well... if PD didn't show it off at a WT event, it's not likely to release it. As a result if this update is cars and wet track, I'd expect there to be new cars but no track at Salzburg, track (Spa) and cars in v1.43 at the end of September, cars and "new to series" track at Tokyo, and cars and that track at the end of October.

It is worth noting though that we don't know Spa isn't in this update yet, just because it wasn't in a video that shouldn't have been revealed just yet. There may be a separate video just to showcase Spa - after all, for something so much in-demand, you would, wouldn't you? Gotta get those clicks! The evidence so far does not suggest it, but we'd wait until the update notes are there on GT's own site.
So MotoGamesTV got some clip from their own source and published it in advance? And the "a real-world track and new to series" is a mistake?
I couldn't help but suppose that we've got no new circuit this August.

So MotoGamesTV got some clip from their own source and published it in advance?
No, and I explain in the article where it came from.
And the "a real-world track and new to series" is a mistake?
Not necessarily, no, and I explain this in the post you quoted.
I couldn't help but suppose that we've got no new circuit this August.
At the moment that appears to be the case, but we can't state that definitively until PD release the update notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back