GT Sport Update v1.53 Arrives, Adds Laguna Seca, Ford GT and More

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 271 comments
Can anyone find the BOP changes with what was actually changed?

huge list in the site, but it doesn’t show the actual changes. What got more power less weight etc.

Love the cars in this update. Eclectic GT at its best. Though I only consider it as 5 new cars because the safety cars are all just modifications of existing ones (matter of fact, I wonder why they can't just make the lightbars an addon in livery editor under "Race Items"). Would much prefer the effort spent modelling another car personally (e.g. the new Megane Trophy R). Also it's so dumb that we have to wait for MiEx to rotate to purchase these. MiEx is wayyyy past its expiry date - just make everything available at once PD :rolleyes:

The Ford GT is rock stable to drive, very race car like I expected. Engine sound leaves a lot to be desired though. The Golf Mk I is slow but great for close racing like any N100 car. The 911 993 is my favourite generation so I'm stoked to finally see it in a GT game. I was hoping we'd be getting the GT2 version, but looking at the rest of the 911 lineup PD always preferred to add the top line NA model, and the Carrera RS is basically the GT3 version of 993. I'm sure the turbo models will come by in future games. The Crown is an unexpected addition and I normally don't like luxury sedans, but I've grown to like the Crown thanks to the Maximum Tune games. So pretty satisfied with everything.

Laguna returns and looks better than ever. The sunset time of day is very nostalgic of GT3. One change I don't like is the addition of sausage kerbs on the inside of every turn. It does force you to drive more accurately but at the expense of flow if you get it wrong. Laguna is one of those tracks that feel properly old school, and sausage kerbs ruin that feeling (imagine if Brands or Willow has these :ill:).

Finally, I don't understand why they added vibration setting for controllers. It's not like the dualshock rumble/T-GT T-DFB is strong to begin with. Why don't they add something the community has been asking for ages like option to turn off understeer rattle or adjust deadzone/linearity for pedals? Just classic PD obliviousness :banghead:

Not sure what everyone's on about with the new GT handling well, it drives like every other N700+ car in the game.

Nothing but oversteer and poor braking on entry, and don't even THINK about touching the throttle again until you're well past the apex :lol::scared:

The Camaro ZL1 isn't THAT bad. I found it (at least in my hands) to be the MOST pleasant N700 car to drive, which is saying something considering it should be just an overpowered Muscle car with a Wing and splitter in the same class as far more expensive Super cars. I sorta wonder though if the problem lies in how often some of us drive Road cars in comparison to Race cars. If you spend a lot of time in those machines, of course the brake distance in the Road cars Shocking in comparison.

Finally got on track. What's the deal with the giant sausage kerbs on every single corner at Laguna Seca? Is that a real world update or just for the game to discourage corner cutting? They're way too close in because you can legally get two wheels over the rumble strip but now that area has the kerb and it hits your inside wheel, launching you up in the air. Even if you only graze it slightly it will greatly mess up your car's trajectory. WTF

Laguna returns and looks better than ever. The sunset time of day is very nostalgic of GT3. One change I don't like is the addition of sausage kerbs on the inside of every turn. It does force you to drive more accurately but at the expense of flow if you get it wrong. Laguna is one of those tracks that feel properly old school, and sausage kerbs ruin that feeling (imagine if Brands or Willow has these :ill:).

Those are on the actual track:

unnamed-2019-09-13T201936.599.jpg

Try driving a n700 car and immediately switch to Super Formula in Laguna Seca. My mind is still trying to process the change and how rough it was lol

Those are on the actual track:

I wasn't complaining that PD put them there on purpose when the real track doesn't have it. I just don't like sausage kerbs that are too high in general because it's a very artificial way of imposing track limits and IMO the punishment for going just a little over the limit is too high. The grip reduction from gravel/grass should be enough. Or just make every track a street circuit with absolute clearly defined boundaries. Sausage kerbs and GT's unclear track limit penalties are the worst for me because I never know 100% where the boundary is, and I just end up being too conservative.

Also I find that unless you play in VR or have a massive triple screen setup it's difficult to place the car as accurately as real life. GT for some reason always makes the tracks feel narrower than real life (comparing the Nordschleife in AC vs GT is most obvious example).

For writter of page:
Have possibility of contact with kaz for speak the possibility of pace-car appear of lap apresentation and yellow-flag?
I want on title exclusive for speak only this theme for next post of site.
images (2).jpeg

Great update Nice to drive on laguna sega once again.

vw golf gti mk1 this little hatchback Only weights 890 kg thats really incredible, and It was quick in n100 with just 110 hp, It can be tuned to n300 wow did not expect that at all.

toyota crown, the car i wanted to be an c63 or e63, Also the car that i was not really excited for at all, the Power levels was not that great either,

porsche 993, this car drives amazing on track, And still with only 300 hp It was fast, decent tune levels, i would have prefer to have the gt2 version, but still great.

ford gt 2017 the best car of the pack, It easily overshadow the rest of the car pack, It maxes out on n800, decent but could be better, still love the car It handles really well even on sports hard

Christmas music has begun. Good tidings for Christmas.

Honestly kinda disappointed that it still uses 9 years old, GT5 era music.

Latest update trailer gave us the reggae style music. Why not show the full version for this year's Christmas :nervous:

I wasn't complaining that PD put them there on purpose when the real track doesn't have it. I just don't like sausage kerbs that are too high in general because it's a very artificial way of imposing track limits and IMO the punishment for going just a little over the limit is too high. The grip reduction from gravel/grass should be enough. Or just make every track a street circuit with absolute clearly defined boundaries. Sausage kerbs and GT's unclear track limit penalties are the worst for me because I never know 100% where the boundary is, and I just end up being too conservative.

Also I find that unless you play in VR or have a massive triple screen setup it's difficult to place the car as accurately as real life. GT for some reason always makes the tracks feel narrower than real life (comparing the Nordschleife in AC vs GT is most obvious example).
The real problem is that the field of view in this game is way too narrow. As you mentioned, Assetto Corsa feels much more comfortable even with the "same" FOV settings.

I've been complaining about this since the first beta. After 2 years, it's still very difficult to know whether or not the car is on the track limits.

PD needs to put FOV adjustment at the top of the priority list for the next game.

I can’t put the ‘83 Golf down. I think it’s my favorite car of the new pack thus far. I’ve already put 150 miles on it in just the last 2 days.
I've driven it on the Hatch only race at Nurb and powered it up to the limit of n100.
It is a monster, it might not beat a modern Civic or AMG on straight but it still has grunt and can still take corners decently well

How did everyone find the Laguna Seca experience? It took me about 45km to do all of it and I scraped by 1'24" in that excreble Viper GT3,

I can’t put the ‘83 Golf down. I think it’s my favorite car of the new pack thus far. I’ve already put 150 miles on it in just the last 2 days.

I love it! It’s brilliant as long as your on comfort tires. The SH tires have too much grip imo. It’s fun to slide around. It’s probably one of the best beginner cars in-game.

How did everyone find the Laguna Seca experience? It took me about 45km to do all of it and I scraped by 1'24" in that excreble Viper GT3,

Found it very unpleasant. Its got the AMG GT3 understeer, but 10 times worse. Not sure when that car got this awful to drive on Default, but before it was kinda decent.

I tested a whole bunch of different cars at Laguna on Thursday, and ran the circuit experience after testing.

It seems like N200 road cars and Gr. 4 Race cars are in the "Sweet Spot" for the track.

Once you get into heavier/faster cars in either road or race cars, it becomes problematic.

For example, I tried the E46 M3 and expected it to be a really nice fit, but it was just too heavy on the low grip surface and you have to tiptoe.

I find the Viper to be the same way. I managed through it, but I would not call it "fun".

I just don't like sausage kerbs that are too high in general because it's a very artificial way of imposing track limits and IMO the punishment for going just a little over the limit is too high.
I actually like that they are there. Track limits are not punished enough in this game IMO. Especially at the FIA events...

Weird one with the new Safety cars in the Sunday Cup Northern Isle race. The M4, AMG and Megane Safety Cars are permitted. The Crown Safety car is not. Yet, the Crown road car, I would think, has the same power.

You guys didnt like 550hp GT3 cars around Laguna Seca?

How about I interest you in an amateur hour race of SF19's around Laguna Seca? No?

Well I got my a$$ handed to me. I did quite well in the SF19 wet Spa race (gold first go out but then Spa is all I race).

But Laguna Seca is something else.

We're talking 1'10"-1'15" in a 630hp SF19... further to this... no AI was able to break 1'15" and I still didnt podium.

Will need a lot to get gold around here and its not the car, not the track, its the driver.

The really need to add professional level SF19 leagues to really ruin my days and weeks.

Back