GT Sport's Next Major Content Update Due At Month's End

• Thread starter sokira
  • 831 comments
A bit sad to see that we stil dont really get cars that came out the last two years or so. Most cars that got patched in until now were almost no latest supercars. That R8 is a very good example. Why not at least the current gen R8 if not R8 V10 Plus? :/
Feels a bit like they milk their licenses from years ago and 'just' (i know its not that easy, but still) upgrade the models that they currently had in GT6.
it seems strange that they put the old r8 also because, over the years, it has changed little aesthetically and so it is difficult to understand that it is the old one.

A bit sad to see that we stil dont really get cars that came out the last two years or so. Most cars that got patched in until now were almost no latest supercars. That R8 is a very good example. Why not at least the current gen R8 if not R8 V10 Plus? :/
Feels a bit like they milk their licenses from years ago and 'just' (i know its not that easy, but still) upgrade the models that they currently had in GT6.

How about the new Alpine? Looks amazing IMO, especially with the classic one also coming.

tklxhwmqoajp6dwyocrx.jpg

Bottom row third car - is that not the white Shelby GT350 from GT5/6 with the blue stripe on the bonnet (hood for those in the US :sly:)? Sure looks like it to me.

EDIT - The original image hides the glint from the back of the long boot. Having seen the post from @TheGeologist with the other post showing the image brightened, the boot is no longer hidden at the back. So I agree that it should be the Dodge Challenger. Shame its not the Charger as there are so many Dukes of Hazzard liveries out there now and I'm sure all those creators will be hoping for the Charger.

Also, I am trying to work out which cars are completely new, which were premium on PS3 and which were Standard on PS3.

Shelby GT350 would be a returning Premium.
The 2 Alpines seem pretty certain - the old one was Premium before, the new Alpine is NEW to the Series.
The Lamborghini is seemingly a returning Premium whatever it is, as is the Audi R8 and the Mustang Mach 1.
For the LCC Rocket or the Senna Lotus - either would be a returning Premium.
The Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A would be a returning Premium as well.

DeTomaso Pantera if confirmed would be new to the series. In my mind, although they are not directly related, there's a certain synergy here to the recent addition of the Zagato VGT which harks back to cars of that era.

Nothing is certain until the update is released (which I think will be Wednesday morning, on the assumption that they will make sure it arrives in February, leaving a final content update for the end of March, which I'm thinking could be the Wednesday or Thursday before Easter).

But based on the above, we could have two new entries in Brand Central (LCC and DeTomaso) and at least 2 new cars to the series (the new Alpine and the DeTomaso Pantera) plus possibly the Drift variant of the BRZ.

And finally.... This means another update to the Daily Award spreadsheet next week :D

Last edited:
Am I the only who think the LCC Rocket fit more than the 97T?
Is not the rocket as someone pointed out earlier, the rocket has a lot more horizontal nose, the silhouette;s nose dives down to the ground a lot more.

My thoughts exactly! My nr.1 most wanted car in any racing game since I don't have it anywhere yet. Screw all the Chirons and other crap when the classics are so much more sexy. :) Still think it could be a Miura though. Someone said GT40... nah the nose is too thin for that.

edit - for sure NOT a normal Miura or normal GT40, those hoods dive down a lot more towards the nose than the silhouette. That of a Pantera is absolutely close to the silhouette though, I'm officially pumped!

Will be the first virtual Pantera? I did not know!

Not really excited about these cars, none of them fit the racing categories in the game, hopefully there is going to be a proper new track.

Oh guys if that second car in the middle row could be an Urraco - I'm sure it's a Pantera, but I truuuuly hope I'm wrong. I would pay 120$ for this game. I would sooo recreate this:
lamborghini.jpg

But that doesn't mean that I'm not happy about the Pantera! :lol:

Also, forgive me for asking this, I'm just 15, not so knowledged, but could anyone tell me how can PD (or any other company) get a license for DeTomaso? What can they do when the company's dead? Or they got a license from the new DeTomaso, which is already dead?

Oh guys if that second car in the middle row could be an Urraco - I'm sure it's a Pantera, but I truuuuly hope I'm wrong. I would pay 120$ for this game.

But that doesn't mean that I'm not happy about the Pantera! :lol:

Also, forgive me for asking this, I'm just 15, not so knowledged, but could anyone tell me how can PD (or any other company) get a license for DeTomaso? What can they do when the company's dead? Or they got a license from the new DeTomaso, which is already dead?
Don't quote me on this but I think that if the company who used to own the rights on something dies and there's no owners, using their things no longer requires a license? It would make sense to me like that but what do I know...

New cars will take time. For the old cars they already have all of the resource/research materials, pictures, and laser scanned point clouds from when they previously made the car. We wouldn't have gotten these quick monthly DLC cars right after release if they were all new considering PD prefers to do everything themselves, so I'll gladly take these while they work on more newer cars too. All of the GT6 premiums should be in the game anyway, makes sense they'll be the ones to get updated first. We still got at least 1 completely new car/model in each update too.

Back