Light Car Company Rocket Super Lap: Brands Hatch GP Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 68 comments
Praiano, I've been using your tunes since GT5 & they work great...thanks for all the work that you've put into them! Can you give us a tune for the new seasonal (expert British Lightweight 520PP), specifically for the Rocket? I've tried this race with the Rocket & Caterham using your tunes but the best that I can get is around 11.929 seconds behind the leading Rocket. I've attempted this race probably 40+ times, with 2nd being my best. I'm averaging 1.39 sec/lap.
This car detuned to 520PP without changes out of the power is already 1:35.xxx fast safe pace on this event, with this you pass th other Rocket 2 turns before the line. Just need some more practice, no tune will save so much more than this.
Good luck.

[Edit: Tried to quote the most recent tune by @SW__10 but it didn't come through.]

After much suffering and swearing this tune (with slight changes) knocked nearly 1 whole second off my previous best!

1:27.185 currently 122 in the world. Didn't think I had a chance to be anywhere near the top 100 here. If I stay in top 200 I'll be delighted! Watching back my replay actually doesn't look like me driving. For one glorious lap I was possessed by an alien.

Once you I got through the first 3 corners on the same pace as @SW__10 and @GTP_CargoRatt and @nowcontrol I could see my mistake was trying to go too fast in the middle of the turn. You have to let the car slow through the middle so you can straighten it and apply power with straighter steering. (Please correct me if I've misread the lines here!)

Honuorable mention to @Johnsmith147 whose line I was shadowing around the back of the track before I managed to get that long left at turn 4 right.

The sweeping turns out the back are all about very early braking, very gentle turn-in and careful coasting. At least, doing each of those qualities more than my ham-fisted style was originally. Let the car sort of float, like an early 1960's Grand Prix car. Which makes sense as that's the style this vehicle harks back to. Credit to PD there!

DS3
Trigger throttle and brake with left stick steering.
Active Steering: NO!
TCS: 6 [started with 9 for the 5-lap race, then 8, then 7 and flipped between 6 and 7 this past hour]
ABS: 1
Controller Steering: 5

Stats
619pp [oil is wearing out but I haven't changed it between 5-10 lap runs]
335bhp
21.2kgfm

Suspension
As @SW__10 tune.

Transmission
As @SW__10 tune with trivial changes.
Final: 5.704 [to get rounder numbers]
3: 2.200 [bit taller to make throttle easier in sweepers, probably not faster if you actually have skill!]

Drivetrain & Power
As @SW__10 tune.
Tried 1 point changes to this and that. Just made the car even harder to drive!

Body
This is the biggest difference, other than oil that's slightly worn out.
Ballast: 127kg
Position: 50% [this seems like a basic statistic and the theoretical effect on rotation doesn't occur - less weight in a more extreme position seems more effective with no side effects]

Less power and less ballast means more control? Try this if you're struggling with DS3 - worth a short with 2 days left.

Last edited:
Thanks BenMillard, for a great race analysis/ guide, pointing out important elements for achieving a decent time in this event! 👍
Many people myself included can find valuable tips there. Those having trouble getting Gold should definitely give it a go!
I guess the more "Beginner" you are, the more you'll benefit from taking an academic approach, as it's easy to loose focus on tuning the car - over your actual driving technique!

With these 4 tunes (found HERE); praiano63, matej2547, Teitzy, SW__10 (thank you guys) they all puts me within 0.2 sec of the best my time 1.27,9 for 250th place.
But how is it even possible to cut another 3.2 sec to beat #1, is way out of my tiny brain to comprehend! :confused:

Yes, know I get it... It has to be my controller that needs a tune-over! :)

I use standard DS3 button config, but I wish the stick throttle sensitivity was not so jerky.
Does a lower value for Controller Steering sensitivity also corresponds changes for throttle/ brakes? I can't feel any difference! But still undoubtedly better control using t/b stick vs buttons - despite increased reaction-time for corrections.
I see some uses R2 throttle, but what is the recommended full config switcheroo (for manual gears)? Did not fully understand BenMillard's suggestion there!?

Last edited:
Had another fiddle with the Rocket tune today and after an hour or so session, which was plagued with nuisance game freezes/console resets, I got a .288 improvement into the 26's [ONLY JUST] :crazy:

1:26.995 @ #104 :D

EDIT:
1:26.813 @ #82 :P :D

Last edited:
Seriously this is driving me nuts! I'm on a 1:28.3 and I've been .4 up but then lose it. Pleeeeeeease someone tell me how the hell people are getting 1:24's and 5's! I just can't see where the hell I'm losing 3 seconds from!

Seriously this is driving me nuts!

Same here :banghead:

Been on for SO many 25's at the half way point but I just lose the time throughout the rest of the lap..

Going to have to leave it there before I throw my g27 out the window. Hopefully I'll still be ok for a top 50:cheers:

Last edited:
But how the hell are you managing 25's at all?! I wish someone could help me please! I'm ragging the nuts of the thing I don't see how I can get another 3 seconds. There must be something you are all doing and I'm not or vice versa!

You may be braking too much??

Try braking less, and throwing the car at the apex a little earlier. You should slide over the apex and be able to get back on the power when the car's settled down

Back