Next GT Sport Content Update Arrives March 5, Adds Toyota GR Supra

• Thread starter RZQSPEED
  • 1,152 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can relate to both sides of the argument. PD has added a lot of content to the game, but for some reason they have stopped paying attention to certain parts of it. Given up on the title is a stretch but commitment to the original vision seems to have faded away.

Personally I don't mind it too much because the game felt abnormal at launch, but slowly and steadily it has become more like GT as we know it albeit some classic features missing, which I don't really mind either.

Agree wholeheartedly Nielsen. I get the feeling they were poised to force something out on PS4 as soon as they could get something together.
This simply can't be all they have to offer though. The PD ship will sink while other games bypass them. They either have something beyond this they are working on or all is lost. I would like to think the former is true.
I mean, if they have a Gran Turismo game that doesn't include their own golden trifecta of Deep Forest, Trial Mountain and Grand Valley, that could go down as one of the worst business decisions in video game history. Shooting themselves in the foot.
I know, I know, "they're working on it".

Just browsing the cars on PS Store Aus

Huayra - A$ 4.55 - Same price as Porsche 356

McLaren - A$ 3.75 - Same price as Shelby 350

Toyota - $2.25 - Same price as Alpine A110 1600S

Mercedes - $3.75- Same price as Shelby 350

Mazda - $1.45 - Same price as Tesla

Last edited:
I mean, if they have a Gran Turismo game that doesn't include their own golden trifecta of Deep Forest, Trial Mountain and Grand Valley, that could go down as one of the worst business decisions in video game history. Shooting themselves in the foot.

If GT had to trade on 20 year old track designs dictated by console limitations to keep shifting units then it has far deeper problems. Strong as the nostalgia may be, I seriously don't think there's a case for either Trial Mountain or Deep Forest to be vital inclusions on merit alone. Granted, nice inclusions for nostalgia purposes, but then so would most original GT circuits be.

I wonder how long it takes them to touch up on the cars returning from the PS3 era. I can't imagine it takes very long since they already had an insane amount of detail and were said to have been "future proof". Their output of only one completely new car per month is kind of low with that in mind.

By my back of the envelope calculation approx 2.2 million European/American CR will buy you the five cars.

CJ

I wonder how long it takes them to touch up on the cars returning from the PS3 era. I can't imagine it takes very long since they already had an insane amount of detail and were said to have been "future proof". Their output of only one completely new car per month is kind of low with that in mind.

All cars have been completely remodelled, no ports.

I just checked. The F1 GT-R is the same price on the AUS store as all the other Gr.3 cars. The Gr.2 cars are all 4.55 compared to the Gr.3’s price of 3.75.

Better start choosing McLaren for your next Manufacturer’s drive since it’s one update away from being the new OP wagon in Gr.3.

First 2019 car and it's only March! You could argue that's not PD's typical approach.

Don't get your hopes up. Knowing PD, this could very well be the only 2019 (heck, only 2015+) car for the rest of the year. Not counting race cars like the SFs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back