NFL 2015 Season

• Thread starter Blitz24
  • 896 comments
Verizon kinda look like jackasses for playing that commercial after the parody one mocking it was played in the first quarter.

There have been plenty of stupid commercials this year, but damn, that Super Bowl babies commercial has got to be one of the worst of all (if not the worst) yet.

There have been plenty of stupid commercials this year, but damn, that Super Bowl babies commercial has got to be one of the worst of all (if not the worst) yet.

Worse than that michelob ultra commercial? Well yes, i agree on that

It isn't really a Super Bowl worthy game so far. Lots of mistakes, and Newton is just buckling under the pressure.

Edit.

Manning isn't on top of his game either.

There's clearly some asshole right next to a pitch mic who feels the need to incessantly hoot whenever Denver are on offense... it was irritating 2 hours ago - now I want to hunt them down and ram a pitch mic somewhere painful.

My prediction is looking quite good right now though... wish I'd put some money on it...

I think my dad missed out by 5 points on a work wager that would have netted him $125. Defense has really been the theme of the game, and if the Broncos win, I'd say that Von Miller should be the MVP.

People gonna be talking a whole lot tomorrow about Cam not diving to get his own fumble... Talk about ending his MPV season on a bad note...

Congrats to Manning and the Broncos. Really heartbroken for the panthers and Newton but they played great as well all season just like denver

The "Gotta be quicker than that" meme with Cam and the Lombardi are going around already. Peyton Manning is now the winningest all time QB with this being his 200th career win.

EDIT: "I'm gonna drink a lot of Budweiser tonight." Gotta love Peyton. :lol:

:lol:
CaqXmvGUMAAXxs-.jpg

So, this Colin Scotts dude needs to get his head pulled in. The guy plays a few NFL games for the Cardinals (and forgettable ones at that), and he thinks he can call Cam Newton a "fake, coward and a sell-out", amongst other things. Then he praises Manning for being so great a day after he basically said the same stuff about him. Fox Sports Australia really needs to stop getting his opinion as it's just utter 🤬

Anyway, happy for Peyton Manning to get that win, his 200th (and maybe his last) in the league, putting him ahead of Brett Favre and into #1 on all time wins, great achievement. I think Peyton should make that his last game, it's a wonderful way to go out and instead of going on too long, he should call it there.

Peyton Manning can only win a superbowl halftime show in which prince makes an appearance:

prince-halftime-show.jpg

(for those not following, the Colts superbowl win in which Manning was the QB had the above performance (one of the greats all time for a superbowl halftime) and it was recapped during the halftime show last night)

Did we just watch the best defense in NFL history?

They've got to be up there. That Super Bowl performance was just dominating.

No, not even close.

Not even close my ass. It's certainly up there.

We just watched the best-playing defense in all of NFL history. This defense could stymie any NFL offense in history. How do I know that? Because the players keep getting stronger, faster, bigger every year due to "sports science". If you put this defense up against a great historical offense like... say Montana's 9ers, they would destroy them. I mean the 9ers o-line would just collapse. It wouldn't even be fair. In the NFL of today, the 32nd rank offensive and defensive lines would crush the absolute best from 30 years ago.

That means that unless you're doing a "for their time" comparison, which is always extremely challenging, you can only really consider teams within the last 10 years or so to be fair competition. Seattle, followed by the ravens and 9ers are the best defenses in recent history, and though Seattle has a decent case, they didn't stop teams the way this one did.

Here's what SI.com's Peter King says:

Peter King
the Broncos’ defense pummeled Ben Roethlisberger, Tom Brady and Cam Newton in their great playoff run. Denver has a great defense. Holding Big Ben to 16 points, Brady to 18 and MVP Newton to 10? Holding the Steelers, Patriots and Panthers to four touchdowns in 12 quarters? Carolina, New England and Pittsburgh were 1-3-4 in the league in scoring, yet managed all of seven third-down conversions in three games.

Von Miller is the star of this team. He and DeMarcus Ware and two young defensive linemen (Malik Jackson and Derek Wolfe), and a couple of swift linebackers and a strong and physical secondary. Manning can complete 13 of 23 for 141 yards, with two turnovers and a 56.6 rating, and the Broncos can still be the ’85 Bears.

We just watched the best-playing defense in all of NFL history. This defense could stymie any NFL offense in history. How do I know that? Because the players keep getting stronger, faster, bigger every year due to "sports science". If you put this defense up against a great historical offense like... say Montana's 9ers, they would destroy them. I mean the 9ers o-line would just collapse. It wouldn't even be fair. In the NFL of today, the 32nd rank offensive and defensive lines would crush the absolute best from 30 years ago.

That means that unless you're doing a "for their time" comparison, which is always extremely challenging, you can only really consider teams within the last 10 years or so to be fair competition. Seattle, followed by the ravens and 9ers are the best defenses in recent history, and though Seattle has a decent case, they didn't stop teams the way this one did.

Here's what SI.com's Peter King says:
No. You just watched a team the that looked completely unprepared, out coached on offense, and a offensive line that looked like it was on roller skates. Defensive rankings are always based on the overrated stat of total defense which is based on yds allowed per game. Denver ranked 9th out of 12 in the 2015 playoffs in that stat. Pts allowed-3rd overall in the postseason.

Season totals they were #1 in yds allowed overall, 4th in pts allowed. Compared to the last 5yrs that defense ranks 5th in yds per game. Pts per game last 5 yrs this 2015 Broncos rank 16th overall. They werent even the best team in their own division this yr. KC wins that 17.9 vs 18.5 pts per game. The useless other than to cherry pick a stat for a article 3rd down % Denver was 7th, again behind KC.

A great game vs a toothless Panthers, a missed extra point vs NE, and the Steelers with no Antonio Brown and the 3rd string running back it is almost like a Hollywood ending for the leagues golden boy.

Oh wait.💡

I wont go there... :D

No. You just watched a team the that looked completely unprepared, out coached on offense, and a offensive line that looked like it was on roller skates. Defensive rankings are always based on the overrated stat of total defense which is based on yds allowed per game. Denver ranked 9th out of 12 in the 2015 playoffs in that stat. Pts allowed-3rd overall in the postseason.

Season totals they were #1 in yds allowed overall, 4th in pts allowed. Compared to the last 5yrs that defense ranks 5th in yds per game. Pts per game last 5 yrs this 2015 Broncos rank 16th overall. They werent even the best team in their own division this yr. KC wins that 17.9 vs 18.5 pts per game. The useless other than to cherry pick a stat for a article 3rd down % Denver was 7th, again behind KC.

I'm with you on the notion that stats are overused to capture performance. It's very difficult to tell the real story with stats. That's why the stats I quoted are couched with the fact that Denver played three of the highest scoring teams in the league - to put those stats in perspective. You then remove that perspective and tell me that stats are meaningless. See how that's not really responsive?

I dont think that stats are overused. I think the talking heads choose to rate a stat like yds per game as a relevant number when the focus should be things like pts allowed, red zone td's, takeaways,etc.

2 yrs ago Seattle beat the best offense in NFL history to win a Superbowl, that team scored 106 more pts than Carolina did. In the last 10 yrs of Superbowl champions the 2015 Broncos rank 3rd in pts allowed in their playoff games behind the '13 Seahawks and '11 Giants. That Giants team was 9-7 and were 24th in pts allowed in the regular season BTW.

Right team at the right time, not the best defense ever, not even close.

2 yrs ago Seattle beat the best offense in NFL history to win a Superbowl, that team scored 106 more pts than Carolina did.

Did you watch much of the Broncos that year? I saw every game - that was not the best NFL offense in history. Teams evolve throughout the season in a major way, the number of points you score on opening weekend is not that indicative of how good your offense is at the end of the season. It's an over-reliance on stats to lump season totals into a discussion about a single game - such as the superbowl. There are quite a few reasons that total points is not the best indicator of "best offense". It's in same ways more of an indicator of "poor defense".

Did we just watch the best defense in NFL history?

No, and that was a stupid comment made after the game by Elway and others, but I'll give them a pass, it was an emotional victory. The 1985 Bears are the best Defense in NFL History. Period. Denver deserves to be in the conversation of historically good defenses and that's about it; just like the Purple People Eaters and the 2013 Seahawks also deserve to be in that same conversation.

Back