Release date ;)

• Thread starter MrAdam89
  • 234 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really doubt that. On a MMA forum the general response was "lol it still looks like a PS2 game" (despite the fact that it very much doesn’t) and when it was delayed "lol of course it is". My step brother spent months hyping GT5 up to me (and blasting me for playing Forza lol), a month after release stopped talking about it and never mentioned or bought GT6.

As much as GT fans like to point to the PS4 being the reason for the 50% drop in sales, I have a strong feeling that the multiple delays, missing features and seeing PS2 level graphics at times in a game released almost exactly 4 years into the next-gen PS3 really, really hurt it's reputation.

GT6 doing it all over again and missing a bunch of features from GT5 (that people had to already wait for in that game)? I'm sure that helped.

The fact that GTS seems to be doing it all over in terms of delays, missing features (course maker, B-SPEC, career mode[and yes, people were making fun of GTS for not having one]) and a lot less content?
Your feelings about GT's reputation don't change the fact that all games released on the PS3 after the PS4 release, didn't sell nearly as well compared to their historical sales, and those released on both platforms did about as well on PS4 as on PS3, even with games released right at the launch of the PS4. Statistically there was no way GT could achieve the same level of sales when hardcore gamers and early adopters snapped up and began using PS4's by the millions.

Which other games outsold GT6 on PS3 after the PS4 launch?

GTSport's reveal was pretty underwhelming as I recall. First impressions are very important, and GTSport's first impression was of a game that was barely improved on GT6 with the possible exception of graphics, which had its own issues. This is pretty bad considering that GT6 was largely considered a GT5.5. I think that was the most likely reason for its large sales drop, the PS4 having little influence (see how well GTAV did both commercially and critically in the face of a new generation).

Plus as another has pointed out, vitriol for GT is not unique to this site. If it was then I imagine I would still be a fan of GT and simply not bother coming here again. Nowadays I'm very much a critic, and I'm kicking myself for being unable to make the transition sooner. It was hard admitting that GT5 and 6 were very much crap in the face of the competition.

Another thing to point out is that the vitriol against GT overshadows any optimism for the future or happiness with the present. In fact expressing those kinds of emotions is likely to anger many users, even the moderators (who are generally more level headed than others). It's the opposite in the other sub-forums for games like Assetto Corsa or Forza where criticism is more likely to be frowned upon than praise.

The GT brand very much has a stigma attached to it now and it's not exclusive to GTP. One it's unfortunately very much deserving of considering the last decade.
Not sure how using examples out attitudes and opinions from fan forums negates the fact that the wider audience for this game knows nothing about this vitriol and could care less. Most GT fans are very casual fans, GT5 and GT6 user stats provided by Sony back this up. A pretty trailer with pretty cars and great graphics is all that was needed to suck them in in the past, and it's all that will be needed this time as well. IMO of course.

I really doubt that. On a MMA forum the general response was "lol it still looks like a PS2 game" (despite the fact that it very much doesn’t) and when it was delayed "lol of course it is". My step brother spent months hyping GT5 up to me (and blasting me for playing Forza lol), a month after release stopped talking about it and never mentioned or bought GT6.

As much as GT fans like to point to the PS4 being the reason for the 50% drop in sales, I have a strong feeling that the multiple delays, missing features and seeing PS2 level graphics at times in a game released almost exactly 4 years into the next-gen PS3 really, really hurt it's reputation.

GT6 doing it all over again and missing a bunch of features from GT5 (that people had to already wait for in that game)? I'm sure that helped.

The fact that GTS seems to be doing it all over in terms of delays, missing features (course maker, B-SPEC, career mode[and yes, people were making fun of GTS for not having one]) and a lot less content?
You underestimate how many people are programmed to not think, me and my mates had many discussions on what was bad about GT5 \6 and why i wont be buying another GT. We all agreed on every point, this is recent too, then one of my friends from this discussion the other week said he saw GT7 ( Yes GT7) on a TV in a store, graphics looked amazing he said, I'm really waiting for that now he said. Graphics sold him, with not a single piece of info about the game. It doesn't seam like he will be getting it now as i wont but that shows you how people can forget everything when pretty graphics are flashed in their face.

At this point it probably makes more sense to just cancel GT Sport and just put GT7 out this Christmas with what's left. Cancellation isn't a failure, nor is it something they haven't done before (GTHD).

The GT Sport ship sinks a little everyday and people weren't exactly hyped to the unconunconditional degree we were with GT5 to begin with. GT7 can bring that hype back.

Remember, the game was only around 50% complete in May. Then 70% in August. The game should be complete this month. Tested next month(dont know if it takes a month to test a game). Cleaned up and distributed March, for April release.

That makes absolutely no sense at all. Nobody would do that. Games release when they're ready, give or take a week or two for scheduling reasons. If the game were complete in March they aren't going to sit on it for 9 months. That would be financial idiocy.

To me it was obvious once the game was delayed that it will release around same time next year otherwise they would have given the date or even month of release but they obviously din't 💡 If they are happy with the content of the game already and got it ready in summer it self. They will probably add more cars, tracks and polish the game rather than releasing it. My guess is release date will be revealed at E3.

@SlipZtrEm I have the feeling that GT Sport has a very difficult development proces and that there is a huge struggle between Sony and PD (internal politics / cockfighting) on where to take the series. The other worrying part is that nothing new has been shown for months and months. There are always the same handful of tracks with a decent bunch of cars. How does Sony or PD expect to fans keep interested in a series that so far only excists of a demo (public events) and some minor news on the web?

Could GT Sport be cancelled just like my mighty Scalebound did? Will Sony set things straight, skip PS4 and move directly to PS5 for the Gran Turismo series? I don't know but at this point it wouldn't even surprise me anymore.

Not sure if serious :lol: They released GT5P which did not have even half of the content GTS has and it was very successful. GTS will do reasonably well. Pcars2 and Forza7 will probably release this year as well so it will be a good reference how these game stack to each other.

Last edited:
Not sure how using examples out attitudes and opinions from fan forums negates the fact that the wider audience for this game knows nothing about this vitriol and could care less...

I look at it like the vitriol is a symptom of a larger discontent with the consumer base (I don't base this opinion exclusively on fan forums). Besides, couldn't user stats be interpreted another way? That players got bored pretty quickly with GT5 and GT6 and therefore weren't interested in playing through all the events nor collecting all the cars, and not necessarily that the majority of players are very casual.

Edit: Maybe I should give this topic a rest now. I realized that I've been keeping this tangent going longer than it probably should have.:boggled:

Last edited:
Also, the scapes complaint is kinda valid. With an absolute refusal to outsource and limited team, with scapes apparently done and zero of the tracks done, seem to imply scapes>tracks in terms of priority.

Could be, but it could just be that scapes went really smoothly and they ran into problems with other things. No need to assume that they prioritised scapes.

I do sort of wonder how well a photomode only game would go. It'd be pretty niche, I suspect.

If March 31 is true well that nearly a 6 months delay from its original release date.

Perhaps they've delayed it because they only had 15 tracks made (China Build), or possibly for Porsche?

Things are announced 6 months or a year in advance. It's not anywhere close.

Well it's already been announced as existing and had a release date, so I don't think it needs to be that far out. But as I said earlier in the thread even delayed games, when they get a new date, it's almost always around 3/4 months out, give or take.

Also the other problem with the Mar 31st date is obvious. Even if Sony hadn't announced it yet If it were real and 'leaked' to retailers, others would have it listed by now. There is no way a random store in Hungary has found out the official date and nobody else. As if Sony have phoned up this store and told them the date but they've got to keep it secret, we're only telling you.

I'd be happy with a pay to play online only beta at this point.

I do my best with Assetto and Project cars to past time, but seriously missing GT.

Gran Turismo 3 remastered for PS4 would be the only game I'd need until the PS5 debuts.

Oh well.

XXI

I do my best with Assetto and Project cars to past time, but seriously missing GT.

Gran Turismo 3 remastered for PS4 would be the only game I'd need until the PS5 debuts.

Oh well.
Which is why they won't do it. They want to sell you other games. :P

:lol: :lol::lol: not even an encouraging word

If that was me asking and getting that reply:
maxresdefault.jpg

Release date is Decembuary. :P

XXI

Oh well.

They won't ever remaster GT3, Sony aren't even bothered making a PS2 to PS4 port even though it's one of the most requested games. Instead we get the worst and most obscure PS2 games.

Release date is Decembuary. :P

They won't ever remaster GT3, Sony aren't even bothered making a PS2 to PS4 port even though it's one of the most requested games. Instead we get the worst and most obscure PS2 games.
They won't do that because it would show up the PS3 era stuff big time. I suspect it would do the same with GTS as well.

Hello everyone,
What I know so far is that GT Sport MIGHT be released at the end of April.
An insider of PD leaked it.
His name is Amar, a famous Gran Turismo Leaker

EDIT!
I called Amar a PD insider while he is NOT
He is a GT insider
My apologies!

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
His name is Amar, a famous Gran Turismo Leaker and PD insider
Interesting user name. Do you have a link to this leaked information or are we just supposed to take your word for it?

Hello everyone,
His name is Amar, a famous Gran Turismo Leaker and PD insider
Ah, the infamous Amar. My memory escapes me, what was he said that once which was a running joke around here?

Reactions: Dan
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back