Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 752 comments
I wasn't up early enough to catch the actual final results of the last TTs but, 12 hours prior to their end, these were the fastest times posted by a Croatian driver. Me. :D

YwR6Lhx.png

Posted a 3:42 in the Tomahawk...was 9th at one point! ...last I checked someone had a 3:02 on there. Insane! :scared:

I pushed the SLS as far as it'll go on Brands but it's still over a second slower than the Mégane. Fastest SLS time so far, 0:47.117 IIRC.

Last edited:
I strongly recommend using the DS4's motion controls to steer the Tomahawk...unless you want to risk damaging your wheel or breaking your fingers and wrists lol.

By the way...Gr.4 on Sports Hards? Ehhh?? :odd::odd::odd: Edit: ahhh, was a typo...

Had to adjust my t300rs wheel settings to 1 and 1 the ffb kills my lap. Its like random hammer hits the wheel and off you go. Also the 100kmh grip is just so odd. 785kg car that cant go round a corner 100kmh? Stupid. :banghead:
Well, rant over, this Tomahawk TT is still so much fun :cheers::cheers:
Really hope, that the future TTs would have somethin as crazy as this. 👍

OK, the top guy has broken the 3 minute barrier :eek: @Ken Tagawa might need to come back to defend his record :P

Improved a bit last night, decided to ditch the Inters and used Softs like everyone else. Still using CSA/AT/TC though. All the people around me didn't use any, I have no idea how they keep it on track :bowdown: I was on for a 3:20 but got a corner cut in the squiggly bit between the 2 Karussels :( Gonna reset my brain for a few days and try again.

Also, for those who don't know, EO31Ocon is Esteban Ocon's (Renault/Alpine F1 driver) personal account. I beat him yesterday but he improved again and now currently in 5th. Pretty awesome to see a real driver can also have fun in something so unrealistic 👍

Had to adjust my t300rs wheel settings to 1 and 1 the ffb kills my lap. Its like random hammer hits the wheel and off you go. Also the 100kmh grip is just so odd. 785kg car that cant go round a corner 100kmh? Stupid. :banghead:
Well, rant over, this Tomahawk TT is still so much fun :cheers::cheers:
Really hope, that the future TTs would have somethin as crazy as this. 👍

Yeah the car just loses all grip in the slow corners it seems. I think it's because we are so used to the silly turning force at high speeds (thanks to the yaw effect from the flaps), and at slow speeds the flaps aren't as effective and it feels like a truck. According to the car's press release it's supposed to have active suspension and active camber as well, but maybe PD forgets to program the complex electronics (wouldn't be the first time).

I can't figure out how the top guy just flies through the first corner though. I tried turning back and warming up my tyres on the Dottinger before starting the lap, first corner grip is better but still can't take it as fast as him.

Attachments

• SRT Tomahawk.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
It seems like the Tomahawk suffers from the same "issue" as the pre-patch Chaparral X in GT6, where controlling it with a wheel lets you turn sharper than what the game allows with a controller.

I might be wrong though.

...I watched the sub-3m lap and got a headache. Such insane speed through the corners...

Anyone able to explain the sector times and optimal time? I've just run a race and got three sector bests and thought optimal time was the sum of those three sectors, but apparently not? (Not actually set in TT event but applicable for TT runs...)

20210130_101131.jpg

Anyone able to explain the sector times and optimal time? I've just run a race and got three sector bests and thought optimal time was the sum of those three sectors, but apparently not? (Not actually set in TT event but applicable for TT runs...)

View attachment 988293
One of the sectors from a previous lap was faster than one of those sectors. The deltas shown there is compared to your previous fastest lap

An old (...) Man with a Stick is no match for a Tomahawk. So I’ll just move on to Brands Hatch. And i do like that shorttrack; it has been a while since the last TT there...
Having had the satisfaction of just making it to page 1 with a Toyota 86 on the Leaderboard of the previous TT at RBR, I thought i’d start up at BH in The Toyota 86 Gr.4, despite it being a FR Car, which is not what is fastest here. But i do like the handling of it.
I happened to already have a good setup on the Car ( must be 3 years old, so i can’t remember how i got it) Gearbox was a standard though, so i had to setup the gears from scratch, which i did very basic and quickly -but it works fine.
Gave me a 46.899. Second best (if Genesis is an FR?) among FR Cars last night. If anyone is interested, i can post the setup later tonight!? I will however, move on to the go-to-car at some point...
Happy hunting folks!

Last edited:
I would appreciate the setup! Thanks.
Ok:cheers:
I’ll reserve this space for the setup then. I’m afraid i’ll have to hold you up a couple of hours though; till i can get to my PS.
Will edit here.
And here’s the Edit: ...:dopey: :dunce: :lol:
It... ahh, it ...would appear that i’ve been using the DEFAULT settings all the time -i hadn’t checked that it was :lol: All i did was to max the F and R Downforce and set up gears with basic knowledge of gearing in GT.
Sorry about that folks; joke’s on me!
But the car has all the more potential then...

Last edited:
Also i will not try Tomahawk TT, just watching the replay of @sdi_03 is already hard for my head. :boggled:

Go directly to Brands Hatch with Renault Megane Trophy 11.
=> 46.171 with this setup, for the gearbox i set speed max to 220 and keep all setting by default. It seems not to bad.
upload_2021-1-30_22-40-6.png

Last edited:
@xtrax: thanks for sharing. Great time. :cheers: I will try this later. I´m currently at 0:46,854s and will share my tune too.

Edit: Here's my tune for the Mégane Trophy. It's a modyfied version of a former TT in Laguna Seca and the chassis basic tune is from the great @praiano63. Modifications and gears are from me:

BB - 4
60mm 90mm (2,36in 3,54in)
3,30 2,40
10 10
51 60
81 90
2,0 3,5
toe in 0,30 toe in 0,15

250 550

Final gear to 3,500
Max speed to min
3,354 / 87km/h (54mph)
2,654 / 110 (68)
2,185 / 134 (83)
1,833 / 160 (100)
1,594 / 184 (114)
1,408 / 222 (138)
Final gear to 3,122

Edit: I updated the gears. Currently at 0:46,754s.

Edit: I updated the diff settings.

As you can see by my number of edits, there is much time to gain.

Last edited:
@xtrax: thanks for sharing. Great time. :cheers: I will try this later. I´m currently at 0:46,854s and will share my tune too.

Edit: Here's my tune for the Mégane Trophy. It's a modyfied version of a former TT in Laguna Seca and the chassis basic tune is from the great @praiano63. Modifications and gears are from me:

BB - 4
60mm 90mm (2,36in 3,54in)
3,30 2,40
10 10
51 60
81 90
2,0 3,5
toe in 0,30 toe in 0,15

250 550

Final gear to 3,500
Max speed to min
3,354 / 87km/h (54mph)
2,654 / 110 (68)
2,185 / 134 (83)
1,833 / 160 (100)
1,594 / 184 (114)
1,408 / 222 (138)
Final gear to 3,122

Edit: I updated the gears. Currently at 0:46,754s.

Edit: I updated the diff settings.

As you can see by my number of edits, there is much time to gain.

Thanks mate and well done for your time. :cheers:

Thanks for the share
EDIT: I tried your setup. I managed to do 46.181 👍 Nice setup. :cheers:

Last edited:
My gear. It looks like I am ahead on @xtrax ghost at the first corner with it.
FG 3.300 TS 200 FG 3.000.

View attachment 988528

@oooMaXimumooo thanks for this excellent Gear Box :cheers: very quickly i improve my time compared to my previous .

Indeed first corner is difficult for me, not yet founbd the tips for it.

But after x modifications on setup and try and your gearbox 👍, I managed to do a good lap in 46.084
Setup below , Hope it will help someone.
upload_2021-1-31_19-52-52.png

Last edited:
Back