Update coming next week.

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 545 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
GT Sport, a game that supposedly wanted to distance itself from the old GT games, with specific Group categories, BOP, esports...

...and no new race cars have been seen in months??? No GT1 cars, no 2000's LMP except the 908, no DTM, no new GT3 and GT4 cars like the Bentley Continental and the Ferrari 488, old school rally cars, no Pikes Peak even though GT has the exclusive rights since 2017...?

Its literally only been a month. No need to stretch the truth here.

Exactly, they're abandoning the purpose of the game itself.

The game is called "GT Sport", Not "GT Race car". That Sport Mode IS the actual purpose of the game, not being loaded to the brim with only race cars.

Every time we try to enjoy new content somebody has to crap all over it. Before it's even released.

Like it's some kind of contest to see who can hate this game the most, the fastest. Congratulations you win! You've completed your game, now move on and let others enjoy the game.

Honestly we have a right to complain. The complaint here is constructive not the usual classic whining.

We do want racecars because a lot of us are motorsport fans that enjoy whatever category.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly we have a right to complain. The complaint here is constructive not the usual classic whining.

We do want racecars because a lot of us are motorsport fans that enjoy whatever category
I'm not saying there's no room for complaining. But many are just waiting for updates to complain about the same things every update since day 1. It's getting old, irritating and pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:
No you didn't, all cars in the game have the same treatment. All of them are super-premium. The only reason they're putting less cars in updates is because they're loosing momentum or they're saving for the next game.

This is incorrect. This, and several other DLC cars, aren't super premium, and did not receive the same treatment as the cars that were remodeled from scratch with an infinite polygonal budget. There are DLC car models where they just updated GT5-6 models, and seemingly rushed out because the game needed content.

15f5kzs.jpg

19itjpb.jpg

Last edited:
This is incorrect. This, and several other DLC cars, aren't super premium, and did not receive the same treatment as the cars that were remodeled from scratch with an infinite polygonal budget. There are DLC car models where they just updated GT5-6 models.

15f5kzs.jpg

19itjpb.jpg
Is that scapes or in race?

People have a right to complain however they want, even if the content is free. So, I'm not going to dwell on that; especially since I can understand the complaints.

However, new cars added to those classes (Gr.1-4) isn't going to fix any problems that Sport mode may have (which I don't know what because I haven't really been playing that mode, I spend most of my time playing GT League mode or doing time trials).

In addition, I would argue that Polyphony's biggest problem is that they're not fully utilizing the content they add to their fullest potential. I mean, the addition of vintage race cars for instance could open the door of a new, vintage racing class being added to the game. New racing classes to the same level of variety that Project Cars 1-2 & Forza Motorsport have would be fantastic. Maybe reworking some of the cars they misplaced into Gr.X like the BMW i3. Fixing Gr.X in general where it could be more useful such as being able to race against N-Class or Gr.1-4 cars with it.

A modern car that's not from Toyota?! YES, I'll happily accept it, thanks PD! And next month comes another one, the Taycan. I hope this trend continues :cheers:

I hope so. I really hope so. But I'm not holding my breath. PD is already working on the next GT so, in terms of new cars, only the 'leftovers' are likely to come over to GT Sport.

Its literally only been a month. No need to stretch the truth here.

The game is called "GT Sport", Not "GT Race car". That Sport Mode IS the actual purpose of the game, not being loaded to the brim with only race cars.
Yeah, and how many times do they use N class cars in Sport Mode or in the World Tour compared to Gr.# cars. And in the few times they do it's always one make, which becomes frankly quite boring, and is why 95% of people spend their time on Sport Mode using Gr.1/2/3/4.

We who bought the game thinking it was something, have a right to complain when we see all the support pointed in the other direction, and this without talking about the deeply flawed class system which everyone has been asking PD to fix for ages.

And I don't even get the fun so many people have in driving cars that they can drive in real life, virtually, where it is not their purpose to be driven, but that's a matter of personal opinion so I won't argue.

I think PD should just add more GT cars than standard cars / sports cars because it is GT Sport, and at the same time the next (Complete) Gran Turismo is in the making for PS5.

Yeah, and how many times do they use N class cars in Sport Mode or in the World Tour compared to Gr.# cars. And in the few times they do it's always one make, which becomes frankly quite boring, and is why 95% of people spend their time on Sport Mode using Gr.1/2/3/4.

We who bought the game thinking it was something, have a right to complain when we see all the support pointed in the other direction, and this without talking about the deeply flawed class system which everyone has been asking PD to fix for ages.

And I don't even get the fun so many people have in driving cars that they can drive in real life, virtually, where it is not their purpose to be driven, but that's a matter of personal opinion so I won't argue.

Regardless of how often the N class is used (which quite frankly is often too terribly balanced bop wise anyway like many of the other classes), Sport mode is the Actual purpose of the game. No where am I saying people aren't allowed to complain, the main point is the misguided idea that it only being a Race car exclusive game (which if that was the case, why were road cars there since the closed beta?) When the purpose is again Sport mode, the biggest diffence between it AND the previous games.

I'm more disappointed in the car amount than the car list this time around. The cars are more interesting IMO than the last one-note update.

If PD really wants to get this whole e-sports thing off the ground as a permanent event, they need to keep support up. It doesn't look good when your post-launch support of a game starts to dwindle when there are big tournaments surrounding it, and the updates are part of the reason people are sticking around for your product. Even with five cars, they've been arriving at a snails pace and now it's looking even slower for the people who want to see their favourite cars get in. Not to mention the whole tease a track and release it three months later gig compounds on the tiny car packs we're getting and makes it seem even slower.

We still have many months until the PS5 is revealed and at least another year for the FIA events on the PS4, PD really needs to pick things up to maintain interest in their product, brand and competitions.

Another one GR.X car, yes a Camaro and 4 cars. But the way things are, really bad update only 3 cars maybe works, the other one make no sense at this point if they don´t do something with the useless GR.X class.

Now the question is whether we get Spa (which I hope) or Tokyo Wet with this update.
Most likely Spa since they just revealed Tokyo Wet and might need some tuning before it's ready.

Or, with a mostly American lineup in this update, maybe Laguna Seca :)

People have a right to complain however they want, even if the content is free. So, I'm not going to dwell on that; especially since I can understand the complaints.

However, new cars added to those classes (Gr.1-4) isn't going to fix any problems that Sport mode may have (which I don't know what because I haven't really been playing that mode, I spend most of my time playing GT League mode or doing time trials).

In addition, I would argue that Polyphony's biggest problem is that they're not fully utilizing the content they add to their fullest potential. I mean, the addition of vintage race cars for instance could open the door of a new, vintage racing class being added to the game. New racing classes to the same level of variety that Project Cars 1-2 & Forza Motorsport have would be fantastic. Maybe reworking some of the cars they misplaced into Gr.X like the BMW i3. Fixing Gr.X in general where it could be more useful such as being able to race against N-Class or Gr.1-4 cars with it.
Yup, game is already struggling to keep a balance in Gr.3/4. Figures in Gr.1!
Like few racing cars that made a difference were the Ford GT and Supra in FIA.
The least i want are adding more manufacturers in gr.3/4 but that seems to tough.

Another thing to add, I really don't want PD to add any GTE cars until they update their class system anyway. Putting that Porsche 911 RSR in Gr.3 already didn't make sense as the Porsche 911 RSR raced in the GTE class in real life, not GT3. If PD ever adds GTE cars like the BMW M8 GTE and the newer Ford GT LM, they should be in their own class; Group GTE or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back