Update coming next week.

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 545 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone suggested me Spa could simply be a World Tour only track, which i hope is not the case because MY GOD the backlash would be insane and bigger than we have ever witnessed before
The commentators in New York already stated Spa is coming in an update “soon”. Can people start using some common sense.

Same goes for the race car talk. Yes, we could do with a Ford GT, 488, Vantage and Bentley. But outside of those GTS is pretty much covered in the world of GTE/GT3. In Gr.1 noting of note is missing outside some older Group C and GT1’s. Largely because LMP1 has been pretty stagnant in the real world before Hypercar arrives. Gr.2 already has all the contemporary cars. Next year the Supra and front-engined NSX enter GT500. That would be the opportune time to update the class.

It’s also worth pointing out many historic race cars have been added. Cars with history, cars that will be part of future GT’s, long after some of the current Gr.3/Gr.4’s have been replaced.

I know. I’m just saying that they were adding 8-10 cars because there were way less cars...
Oh, okay. Gotcha.
You do realize we are only coming up on the second full year of this game's release? GT6 got nowhere near the amount of post launch content this game does yet it took until 2017 for the servers to be shut down from its 2013 release. Feel you are getting abit overly dramatic based solely on the amount of cars we get. Again, we are only in year two of this game's life cycle, its far from over (Especially as an esports tile)
Are you serious? You're preaching to the choir. Did you see the Quote I was referring to? Read MIE1992's quote.

Oh, okay. Gotcha.

Are you serious? You're preaching to the choir. Did you see the Quote I was referring to? Read MIE1992's quote.

My apologies, was posting on my phone and misread that.

Its either gonna be:

- The same price since there is no real world reference for this one-off

- maybe 600,000

500-600K would be the dream but I'm thinking it could be 2-5M Cr. At worst it might go up to 10mil or more, to the point where you can't buy it off the PSN Store since it's definitely going to be a contender for Nostalgic 1979.

500-600K would be the dream but I'm thinking it could be 2-5M Cr. At worst it might go up to 10mil or more, to the point where you can't buy it off the PSN Store since it's definitely going to be a contender for Nostalgic 1979.

At most, maybe 10 Million. Can't see it going any higher then that, especially since its nowhere near the pace of the three 20 Million credit cars going off GT6.

It is interesting to note with the Jaguar D-Type as far as pricing with the real cars go because while in-game its 15,000,000 credits, the most recent real one sold for $21,780,000. Its possible it might not be that much going off that.

Edit: Actually, I managed to find the exact one PD modelled and it sold for exactly $15,000,000. So I can only assume the price might based on the specific car itself as opposed to the cars in general.

Last edited:
At most, maybe 10 Million. Can't see it going any higher then that, especially since its nowhere near the pace of the three 20 Million credit cars going off GT6.

It is interesting to note with the Jaguar D-Type as far as pricing with the real cars go because while in-game its 15,000,000 credits, the most recent real one sold for $21,780,000. Its possible it might not be that much going off that.

Edit: Actually, I managed to find the exact one PD modelled and it sold for exactly $15,000,000. So I can only assume the price might based on the specific car itself as opposed to the cars in general.
Ferrari 365 GTB/4s are still trading for around 500 grand so it might stay the same.

Gr.2 already has all the contemporary cars. Next year the Supra and front-engined NSX enter GT500. That would be the opportune time to update the class.

Actually no, the most recent in-game (GT-R, RC-F, NSX Concept GT) are the previous gen. The current models (GT-R, LC500, NSX-GT) are quite different. It's strange to be missing the phases of models between the 2 sets we have now (i.e. HSV-010, late SC430, 2012 winning GT-R). Although I do agree, an opportune time to update might be with the new all FR set (since they are even more different, and may also bring the matching regulation DTM models), buuut I doubt that'll happen before the 2020 is season is over. I also still very much miss GT300 class - I don't see why the Gr3 Subaru is a WRX and not the BRZ, for example.

Anyway, I think adding new manufacturers to Gr3 and Gr4 at this stage would be difficult due to things like manufacturer series (maybe I'm way off base with that), but also BOP is already an uneven nightmare as it is, adding even more to that mess won't be super helpful, so I don't need new race cars if that's what the outcome of it would be. I'm actually quite enjoying the nostalgia-factor of the older race classics (although the class system doesn't work for them) and of course classic PS1 GT JDM, a major part of the reason the series had such a following at first. This new pack does look decent, it's so much better keeping expectations at a normal level and not expecting randomly massive overhauls and tons of new stuff. I had no expectation for this month since they went big with the Taycan announcement for October, so the Camaro (as much as it's not my thing) is a pleasant surprise.

I dont expect much in the way of GT3/4 race cars since its obvious they dont want to upset the apple cart so to speak with new entries, Ueno Clinic notwithstanding.

Be that as it may this update doesnt look like its going to generate much in the way of buzz given that wet Tokyo and these four cars are met with a lot of skepticism... I do like that Camaro though but this game is long overdue for slightly more recent American machinery.

That 1st gen 2016 Mustang is getting on a bit.

Would be messed up if it was the GT4.R. Since those that chose Chevy for the FIA cup, may have been able to select the Camaro over the C7.

Someone suggested me Spa could simply be a World Tour only track, which i hope is not the case because MY GOD the backlash would be insane and bigger than we have ever witnessed before
That honestly sounds hilarious.

Geez the Camaro is the only modern vehicle? What is with GT and old cars.
The car selection in GT Sport seems to be very "deliberate". The fact that they don't feel obligated to throw in new cars is a little liberating, but I do think it's gonna get them some flack in a game that has a relatively slow flow of content.

Im not gonna be rushing into the brand central screen this time but I really don't understand the whining. I guess y'all whiners can't drive or something, otherwise you'd busy yourself actually enjoying one of the multitude of cars that are already in the game instead of bitchn.

Makes me feel ashamed to be part of this community, I hope PD knows there are many of us who are THANKFUL.

Im not gonna be rushing into the brand central screen this time but I really don't understand the whining. I guess y'all whiners can't drive or something, otherwise you'd busy yourself actually enjoying one of the multitude of cars that are already in the game instead of bitchn.

Makes me feel ashamed to be part of this community, I hope PD knows there are many of us who are THANKFUL.
Not sure exactly what model Camaro in the lower left is but it looks pretty darn new and modern to me. Not to mention the Taycan being added in the near future. I still have no clue why people are whining that no new cars are being added.

Not sure exactly what model Camaro in the lower left is but it looks pretty darn new and modern to me. Not to mention the Taycan being added in the near future. I still have no clue why people are whining that no new cars are being added.
In all likeliness they have no idea what the game is about, can you imagine top drivers insisting on being such babies? No cause they're busy getting high on the wheel.

Dont get me wrong Im hoping for as much content as possible and I have my personal wishlist too, but the awesomeness of it already!

In all likeliness they have no idea what the game is about, can you imagine top drivers insisting on being such babies? No cause they're busy getting high on the wheel.
I'm just happy whatever they bring even if it's not my cup of tea such as the all-Japanese update last month.

Wait, when Kazunori posted that, was that Saturday or Sunday in Japan? Because does he mean we're actually getting the update later this week or we'll have to wait all the way until next week?

Last edited by a moderator:
In regards to the lack of race car additions, doesn’t it make more sense to only add road cars at this point? Think about it.

Let’s say GT7 releases in late 2021 / early 2022. Won’t cars like the 488 GT3 be redundant by then? Why spend time modelling a perfect 488 GT3 only for it to be irrelevant by the time GT7 releases?

I think adding road cars makes more sense at this point because they can all be transferred over to GT7 as the base game cars, and then PD can add the relevant 2021/2022 Gr.1/3/4 cars on top of that. Not hating on race cars, just my two cents! :)

Actually this thread has had more people whining about the whiners than whining about the cars. Doesn't matter how much you criticize the players who don't like these updates, there will always be people complaining.
If you choose to like everything PD throws at you because it's free blah blah blah, it's fine. Just don't expect everyone to act the same way you do.

In regards to the lack of race car additions, doesn’t it make more sense to only add road cars at this point? Think about it.

Let’s say GT7 releases in late 2021 / early 2022. Won’t cars like the 488 GT3 be redundant by then? Why spend time modelling a perfect 488 GT3 only for it to be irrelevant by the time GT7 releases?

I think adding road cars makes more sense at this point because they can all be transferred over to GT7 as the base game cars, and then PD can add the relevant 2021/2022 Gr.1/3/4 cars on top of that. Not hating on race cars, just my two cents! :)
I certainly hope GT7 does not come out in 2 years! Whats wrong with GT Sport seriously whys everybody so eager to throw their money out the window?

Actually this thread has had more people whining about the whiners than whining about the cars. Doesn't matter how much you criticize the players who don't like these updates, there will always be people complaining.
If you choose to like everything PD throws at you because it's free blah blah blah, it's fine. Just don't expect everyone to act the same way you do.
You must have missed the opening sentence in my post?
And it's a good thing if what youre saying is true, we can't let these ungrateful idiots look like they're the majority.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only 11 pre 1990 premium cars left.

- Volkswagen Schwimmwagen Typ 166 '42
- Volkswagen Kübelwagen Typ 82 '44
- Mario Andretti's 1948 Hudson
- Mercedes Benz 300 SL Coupé '54
- BMW 507 '57
- Chevrolet Corvette StingRay Racer Concept '59
- Chevrolet El Camino SS 396 '67
- Chevrolet Nova SS '70
- Plymouth AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70
- Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71
- Ayrton Senna West Surrey Racing, Ayrton Senna '83
- Audi Sport quattro S1 Rally Car '86
- Isuzu 4200R '89

You must have missed the opening sentence in my post?
And it's a good thing if what youre saying is true, we can't let these ungrateful idiots look like they're the majority.
Haven't missed the rest of it though.
And we don't know whether the "ungrateful idiots" are the majority or not. We do know that calling someone an ungrateful idiot doesn't help at all.

Wait, when Kazunori posted that, was that Saturday or Sunday in Japan? Because does he mean we're actually getting the update later this week or we'll have to wait all the way until next week?
He posted it like at around 11:23 pm.

I certainly hope GT7 does not come out in 2 years! Whats wrong with GT Sport seriously whys everybody so eager to throw their money out the window?

It was just an estimate. I wouldn’t expect it to release any later than 2022, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back