UPDATE: Gran Turismo Sport's Next Update Arrives May 30, With Goodwood Circuit

• Thread starter Lebowski
  • 396 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
After the leak recently, it's likely to be Goodwood Circuit.
800px-Goodwood_track_map.svg.png
Cool but very poor circuit technically in my opinion , even if it host sometime multi millionaire grid.
If the only problem of PD with SPA is the price of the licence , why not looking at Laguna seca track ?
Anyway , it's free and small cars seems to be fun to race there , let's wait for the first drive.

I sincerely hoped that at least in this chapter we would have had the opportunity to get options that would allow us to simulate a race or a custom championship, with a grid of CPU machines completely chosen by us. Think about how nice it would be, especially now that there could be endless possibilities since we also have Livery Editor. Maybe it's just me asking too much.

yes,this and the possibility to makes these AI cars BoPed.

It would also be cool if we could add AI cars in lobby races when there are not enough real people...

yes,this and the possibility to makes these AI cars BoPed.

It would also be cool if we could add AI cars in lobby races when there are not enough real people...
I am losing hope and I think that in Gran Turismo we will never get something like this. Which is ironic because it would greatly increase the longevity of the Offline game which in itself is very poor and monotonous.

I should press again the difference between "Pleased / Satisfied" and "Grateful".

"Pleased / Satisfied" meant that you actually enjoy and anticipate the content. It's a personal opinion and I respected you and I to have one.

"Grateful" meant that you accept the state of the industry (or world, society, etc) we live in. Not all games are updated well after a year it's launched and also with no charge on top of it.

You may not be pleased / satisfied but atleast be grateful because the industry is definitely not always work with you. It could be better sure. But it also could be much worse like the majority in the racing games market.

Last edited:
Not really if you compare it to a track such as the Spa or Indianapolis Motor Speedway. And I doubt you would find it in any list of the top 15 or so most famous race tracks in the world. So yeah it's really not-that-famous.

See below.

Goodwood Circuit is really cool, not sure how its a problematic addition

Because it's not *insert tracklist of every sim of the last decade because originality is overrated*

I'm on over 550 days logging in and I've still yet to complete the game. And on the other hand I paid the same price for the last Batman game when it came out and completed every single bit of it in approx 10 days. The longevity that GT offers is unparalleled yet we still get ungrateful moaners like you. It does my head in.

Wow 550 days! you must be really struggling?, I hit level 50 after 6 months. Its a fantastic game but theres not enough tarmac, it is a legitimate issue. The game has improved a great deal since release but it was released unfinished & still lacks content. PD are certainly doing a good job and no were near as cynical as say codemasters Dirt 2 got shelved after a month... Its the best driving gameplay there is which makes it all the more annoying...

I would have preferred something with more importance like Laguna Seca or Silverstone, etc to be scanned instead.

Other than that at least it's a new track to the series which I like.

Wow 550 days! you must be really struggling?, I hit level 50 after 6 months. Its a fantastic game but theres not enough tarmac, it is a legitimate issue. The game has improved a great deal since release but it was released unfinished & still lacks content. PD are certainly doing a good job and no were near as cynical as say codemasters Dirt 2 got shelved after a month... Its the best driving gameplay there is which makes it all the more annoying...

Haha, not at all! Im very close to level 50, have all achievements and have racked up many Sport Mode and FIA wins! I still have quite a few GT League events to do though so that's my uncompleted part. I spend a lot of time in the Livery Editor as well which really does make time just vanish!

Right, first up - care to explain why it is uncompleted? Can you, for example, provide me with an original press release that states specifically what will be in the game and exactly what they left out from that promise? Or is it, as i suspect, that you - just like many of the other moaners on here - had a set ideal of what YOU wanted the game to be but when PD decided to give Sport a new formula to offer something different you threw your dummy out of your pram and have been sucking your thumb ever since because they didn't do exactly what you wanted?

Next, you go on to say (in an obviously disappointed tone) that they have added exactly zero original circuits from the past titles yet then just 1 line later you mention that how we should be grateful for the addition of Special Stage Route X (in an obviously sarcastic tone) which was an original circuit from a previous title. You're so "buzzing" that you don't even know what you're talking about.

I don't have low standards, i've made an exception to reply to you in great depth though. To suggest looking forward to and being happy with the addition of Goodwood means someone has low standards is one of the most bizarre statements i've read. It is a circuit of significant historic importance and provides a very fitting backdrop to the large roster of vintage and classic cars we've had added. The circuit is still in very regular use for many disciplines.

I dare say their are many people who don't enjoy Autopolis or SF but you can't please everyone. Goodwood certainly has more use to the game though than Special Stage Route X for example, one of those original circuits you so dearly love. And maybe, have you ever thought that the reason PD haven't been adding all their old circuits is that they might just be fed up with clinging on to a 20 year past and want to take the game in a different direction?

Finally, if PD are such a joke and you clearly dislike the game, why do you even bother to comment on a forum about it? Being on a forum suggests you have an interest in the game and are keen to read and discuss new news and offerings. Instead, all i see is yet another bitter self entitled person who believes a corporation should follow his precise expectations.

Maybe 'finished' was a bad word to use, maybe this game was 'finished' at release date but that didn't mean it had anywhere near the amount of content that we were expecting or should've been getting, they did add a few tracks to start off with there is no long term playability with this game.

My frustrations with PD go with more depth than the free content we get is. All this free content is just papering over the cracks when the spine of the game is a mess. This free content is just something to please people for a month and then they'll get bored of it again. Sport Mode which is meant to be the bread and butter of this game is a mess. There are 100s more problems than what content we do or don't get, I'd rather not get the content with the game in its current state. Maybe half of you that are that excited over it don't play sport mode and that's fine, you're allowed to be excited in the same way that I'm allowed to be pissed off over a game which HAD enormous potential but it just being pissed away. Everything PD do is always half done, they always give us something but never the top end of what they can give us.

Oh and btw I know SSRX is original from GT6, that was the only positive I took from that track coming, I thought we were going to have more original tracks from GT games. But no, that track has no constantly playabilty in the same way that Goodwood will be done within a month. How can people be excited about that track coming? We could've had Laguna Seca, Road America, Silverstone, or whatever Original track you would care for coming, but no we get the Goodwood Circuit, a circuit that only hosts novelty races and you expect me to be happy about it? Trust me I was happy with the updates they brought out last year but their efforts recently have been slacking

There's 294 cars with DLC now.

Either we may get 106 more to reach 400.

(5 cars per month = About per 60 year but some months are missed out and maybe some months more than 5 cars?)

Or 206 cars to reach 500 which feels unlikely.

Haha, not at all! Im very close to level 50, have all achievements and have racked up many Sport Mode and FIA wins! I still have quite a few GT League events to do though so that's my uncompleted part. I spend a lot of time in the Livery Editor as well which really does make time just vanish!

Im the same with livery editor, a track editor and online share space for it would have been a dream for this game... Id happily fill my drive space with user generated race tracks... There were some pretty decent user tracks made with the gt6 editor...

Maybe they will add the Hillclimb as a varient sometime?

That would be great fun if it came with events to.

*snort*

Here's the "most expensive race in the world" (excluding modern F1 and LMP grids, although their cars are eminently more replaceable) from the famous annual three-day long event held at the not-so-famous track:

(fun fact, I'm in this video)

No one else has asked @Famine , sooo where are you in the video? :D

you expect me to be happy about it?

Quite frankly, i couldn't give a damn if you're happy or not. It affects me not one jott. I on the other hand am thoroughly looking forward to driving it and i'm sure it will provide me with far more than a months enjoyment. I would wish you a happy day as i'm signing off but you strike me as the sort who couldn't find happiness in a sack full of free money.

Speaking of Goodwood, when is the Festival of Speed will be held this year? My wild speculation says there might be something related to this addition... (or maybe not...) Also, does PD still had their sponsorships in Goodwood?

Idk what you guy expect but the leak say Good wood and not any other track. I'm not worry about car they tend updates next couple month anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back