UPDATE: Gran Turismo Sport's Next Update Arrives May 30, With Goodwood Circuit

• Thread starter Lebowski
  • 396 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to believe Kaz gave a bunch of people the month off, but in reality I am sure they are still working and struggling to even hit a 5 car target now (for this game at least).

Don't believe the lies!!!
Of course not, sure they're all busy, just they aren't releasing cars this month.

Reactions: Qyn
I'm not getting why there's so much hate for Goodwood, we're getting one of the most famous racing circuits on the historic racing calendar that hasn't been in a racing game for years and years. True, it would have been nice to have had some more classic machinery to race on it, buy at least they haven't released the track with a bunch of modern kei cars and warm hatchbacks.

This update is literally the sole reason I got my copy of the game back from my mate who's had it for a few months, I'd completely lost faith in the online portion of the game regarding the penalty system (I hear that's been updated since though).

I just hope I'm going to be able to drive the circuit in VR.

I honestly don't mind not getting any new cars this time around. To receive ten in a single month, including both Super Formula variants, was a pleasant surprise, but would we honestly expect Polyphony to maintain this constantly throughout the game's lifetime? Furthermore, while I'd still like to see Silverstone and the Hillclimb return at some point, Goodwood Circuit provides an interesting change from the circuits that have been added thus far; a brand-new track with plenty of pedigree as a historic racing venue.
Anyone doubting Goodwood should watch videos from the Member's Meeting and Revival events. Some cracking historic racing from there.

If at some point we get one-make FIA or Daily Races involving Goodwood and Minis, I'm definitely up for it!

I thought everyone was excited when this track was leaked. Now it's becoming a reality, everyone seems disappointed. And I don't mean because of no cars, I have seen lots of people specifically disappointed with the track.
Let's all be grateful, eh?

We've had one of the best update systems (free, mostly monthly) in the video game industry, and not having 5 cars this month really disappoints people.

Maybe we have our expectations too high?

I would love to believe Kaz gave a bunch of people the month off
They're mandatory holiday days.

I did a slightly less scrubby overlay of Yamauchi's Tweet map onto Goodwood Circuit, just for the doubters:

stmarys-goodwood-001.jpg

Not really bothered with the lack of cars since I usually keep my expectations low for updates just to avoid getting disappointed or something like that.

But I am looking forward to Goodwood at least. Gonna be fun racing with low N-class cars and classic cars. Hopefully gets added to GT League events that focuses on classic cars (like Nostalgic 1979 for example) and I'll be satisfied.

Also.....seeing my picture getting featured for the GT Sport update article for the first time makes me very happy. :)

The car team gets a break this month but a track gets added?
Given the appearance of the track on the website following the April update, I'd say it was completed before the ten-day mandatory holiday.
Okay. I'll give them a second chance.
I've just spoken to Translator-san. It seems the team is ever so grateful for you giving them this further opportunity.
Ah yeah I often forget how this car became as overpriced as jeff koons "art". Cool that people still dare racing them

For what it's worth https://www.classicdriver.com/en/article/cars/2012-ferrari-250-gto-tour-le-mans-classic-finish
I don't remember seeing them racing in the mixed categories though, I think there were only 250 gt berlineta
The owners are pretty much of the attitude that they're made to be raced (or at least driven), and ultimately nothing that happens to the cars at Goodwood can't be fixed. Even fire (and they may be in period costume, but the marshals have modern fire-fighting equipment).

It will be amazing to recreate the Goodwood Revival with any of the >10.000.000 cars that I don't own.
Daily Race A next week will be Goodwood Circuit in a provided Ferrari 250 GTO.

(that's not a statement of fact, just what I reckon will happen - and what I would do)

The owners are pretty much of the attitude that they're made to be raced (or at least driven), and ultimately nothing that happens to the cars at Goodwood can't be fixed. Even fire (and they may be in period costume, but the marshals have modern fire-fighting equipment).

Yeah I guess that the long straights of Le Mans are neither good for the engines nor for quick fire fighting response time. Do you know if most of the owners are British ?

[edit I was too slow]
So does it mean we get a one make 250GTO in goodwood in the next weeks :) ?

This game passed more than enough cars and tracks months ago*

Since then it's just been a luxurious treat of free updates.

*The time it took to master the original number of tracks and cars surpasses the time played in the vast majority of games, including online games.

I agree with @Famine . The Goodwood Circuit is an interesting showcase of old timer racing flooded with worthy exotic race cars. It does sounds good for an addition. Besides, there is numbers of classic race cars in GTS curious how they will perform in this track.

Also, Japan just had their new Emperor on the throne and they had Golden Week as previous post said. It was basically a long holiday for most Japanese people to off from their work so Kaz statement does make sense. The problem is other countries didn't experienced the same way as it is only occured in Japan.

Being one of Europes top 25 tracks in such a list automatically disqualifies your original point.

No it doesn't. The fact you can only find it in a list of top 25 in Europe actually supports my original point. I can easily name a dozen of race tracks outside of Europe that are way more famous than Goodwood.

Daily Race A next week will be Goodwood Circuit in a provided Ferrari 250 GTO.

(that's not a statement of fact, just what I reckon will happen - and what I would do)
Just beat me to it

Goodwood Circuit is really cool, not sure how its a problematic addition
I don't think it's a problematic addition. The problem is more, that it's only the second actual track added in 2019, in a game that is really missing more track variety.
But goodwood will likely be fun to race on any car <400hp

I would love to believe Kaz gave a bunch of people the month off, but in reality I am sure they are still working and struggling to even hit a 5 car target now (for this game at least).

Don't believe the lies!!!
Most of the car modelers are probably working on their next game. I don't think they're struggling or anything but they already shift their focus on their next project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back