UPDATE: Gran Turismo Sport's Next Update Arrives May 30, With Goodwood Circuit

• Thread starter Lebowski
  • 396 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indianapolis, Sebring, COTA, Daytona, Laguna Seca. Ever heard of one of those? Guess not.
4* is a bit less than a dozen. Me knowing of a track, and it being famous are also not the same thing, but good try.

*COTA is nowhere near in terms of being famous yet.

Me the first day at the Goodwood Circuit in GT Sport :lol::lol::lol:

View attachment 823655

All the lobbies are going to be full of Mr Bean liveries on Thursday for sure!

I wish we could also see more Lewis Hamilton stuff which they taped a lot but never showed except Nurburgring GP.

Yeah, I wondered about that also. My guess is that one of his laps was for Sp.... which we never saw because of the license dispute. Another could have been for Silverstone which was in GT6, but hasn't appeared, yet... (I think this is one of the 3 completed tracks hinted at by Tidgney, but maybe being held back until the grand prix in July)

Quite frankly, i couldn't give a damn if you're happy or not. It affects me not one jott. I on the other hand am thoroughly looking forward to driving it and i'm sure it will provide me with far more than a months enjoyment. I would wish you a happy day as i'm signing off but you strike me as the sort who couldn't find happiness in a sack full of free money.

Happiness is a cigar called hamlet... allegedly.

Wow 550 days! you must be really struggling?, I hit level 50 after 6 months. Its a fantastic game but theres not enough tarmac, it is a legitimate issue. The game has improved a great deal since release but it was released unfinished & still lacks content. PD are certainly doing a good job and no were near as cynical as say codemasters Dirt 2 got shelved after a month... Its the best driving gameplay there is which makes it all the more annoying...
Level 50 in 6 monthes?? Without the Nurb 24H mazda roadster money trick ?? Or wall riding at BMB ?? It's very hard to do but if you did , congrats for this performance.

If I was given the choice of new cars or a circuit, I would pick the circuit. I just hope to see a decent few cars next month with several new additions.

I've been grinding money for a fortnight and am currently at Cr18.6m, so I guess I'll have plenty for the next batch of cars. I do need a Shelby Daytona though...

I'm looking forward to Goodwood Historic Circuit though as I've never tried it.

Last edited:
4* is a bit less than a dozen. Me knowing of a track, and it being famous are also not the same thing, but good try.

*COTA is nowhere near in terms of being famous yet.

A dozen is indeed exaggerated. But you'd be wrong to think any one of them isn't more well-known or at least as well-known as Goodwood.

Was that sarcasm?

The first part was scepticism that a company would give people an entire month off, though I didn't know about the public holiday I still think the car team are also working on GT7 and that work may now be a priority. As a result of the reduced time Kaz cut the team some slack. It is a nice spin on bad news, we don't get the cars but the staff are being treated well.

The last sentence was over the top for comedic purposes. I used three exclamation marks, which is outrageous for me but probably quite subtle in the scale of things.

but that didn't mean it had anywhere near the amount of content that we were expecting or should've been getting,
And as i said this comes under the personal expectasions category but suprise you don't always get what you want in life , i even have a thread with 1500+ suggested cars we will ever get them all? surely not am i disapointed about it ? yes am i upset about it of course not , plus there is no such thing as "Should've " unless we talking about sports titles like Fifa NBA etc cause if you really think about it you payed 70$ at most for a game costing millions to make .
My frustrations with PD go with more depth than the free content we get
Same here thats why i made a thread about them.

This free content is just something to please people for a month and then they'll get bored of it again.
Well thats bevause 1. People are like baby's you give them a toy and after a faw minute they throw it away crying. And 2. Did you honestly expect any better from a community who requested and ranted for months on end about a 🤬 Corolla? 99% of them because of a Anime and then complained about the 🤬 dash because it wasen't from said anime?

Sport Mode which is meant to be the bread and butter of this game is a mess.
Sadly you are right.

I'd rather not get the content
So let me get this straght 1. You complain about the lack of content (Which is fair enough) 2. Then you complain about getting new content but its not the content so you rather get nothing at all?:confused:

a game which HAD enormous potential but it just being pissed away.
Thats also true.

Everything PD do is always half done, they always give us something but never the top end of what they can give us.
We can't know tbat.

We could've had Laguna Seca, Road America, Silverstone, or whatever Original track you would care for coming, but no we get the Goodwood Circuit, a circuit that only hosts novelty races
That my friend is called thinking outsise of the box.

and you expect me to be happy about it?
No one is expecting / cares if you are happy or not but what is expected is not to rant about it and acting as if this is the last track to be added period.

but their efforts recently have been slacking
Compare to thair pace last year .. you are technically correct.

Last edited:
@George Jakob all I'm saying is the content we've got should be good before they start giving us more free tracks. Goodwood does lack inspiration for me but even if they added the holy grail of real world tracks i.e Spa then it would only paper over the cracks. Who wants to go up Eau Rouge in a GT3 car when you have to downshift 3 times to get up there because of the x27 tyre wear?

It won't take much to improve this game, adding Goodwood does not improve this game, they need to get the small things right before that. I'd happily pay for certain tracks if I deemed the game good enough but right now I don't

Personally I'm still waiting for the update that makes everyone happy.

I don't mind, new track? Cool! Any new track is a good track, even Route X seems incredibly popular in the online Lobbies. Any new track will have it's uses, especially Goodwood for racing the classic cars, and an upcoming Mini Championship that's being put together by the community.

No new cars? Meh, last update I bought the Fit and Renault, drove each of them around the Ring once and haven't touched them since. TBH the only car update I'd be genuinely happy about would be new Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars either with existing or new manufacturers.

This new track looks to be similar to not being complete oval but will fun to drive on and interesting to see which vehicles we receive in the update in 3 days.

Friendly reminder: There were month(s?) where we got cars-only updates with no new track.

Thank you.

I for one am pretty excited about this as I’ve been watching a lot of Goodwood videos lately, especially of Tom Kristensen. Looking forward to throwing some classic cars around there.

To be honest I’m more interested in the Festival of Speed run than the circuit proper, so here’s to hoping it’s included. If it’s not, I must admit I lean towards the disappointed group ... however, I’m sure this will be a double-update month, and we will get juicy content later.

Last edited:
The first part was scepticism that a company would give people an entire month off, though I didn't know about the public holiday I still think the car team are also working on GT7 and that work may now be a priority. As a result of the reduced time Kaz cut the team some slack. It is a nice spin on bad news, we don't get the cars but the staff are being treated well.

The last sentence was over the top for comedic purposes. I used three exclamation marks, which is outrageous for me but probably quite subtle in the scale of things.

4 weeks of summer holidays is mandatory in many countries.

But if the car team is busy, i think its not gt7 but rather a new class / group of cars they are preparing to launch. The now possibly free-from-chains DTM comes to mind..:drool:

2-3 different eras of dtm launched as gt500 did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back