UPDATE: Gran Turismo Sport's Next Update Arrives May 30, With Goodwood Circuit

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Lebowski, May 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daan

daan Moderator

4* is a bit less than a dozen. Me knowing of a track, and it being famous are also not the same thing, but good try.

*COTA is nowhere near in terms of being famous yet.

05XR8, Canucks_9419 and iCyCo like this.
  2. sirjim73

sirjim73

All the lobbies are going to be full of Mr Bean liveries on Thursday for sure!

Yeah, I wondered about that also. My guess is that one of his laps was for Sp.... which we never saw because of the license dispute. Another could have been for Silverstone which was in GT6, but hasn't appeared, yet... (I think this is one of the 3 completed tracks hinted at by Tidgney, but maybe being held back until the grand prix in July)

Happiness is a cigar called hamlet... allegedly.

Lebowski likes this.
  3. praiano63

praiano63 Premium

Level 50 in 6 monthes?? Without the Nurb 24H mazda roadster money trick ?? Or wall riding at BMB ?? It's very hard to do but if you did , congrats for this performance.

klondike, Danguil63 and Lebowski like this.
  4. neddyie118

neddyie118

I've been around this circuit in real life at speed in a 458 Italia and a Gallardo Performante.

sirjim73 likes this.
  5. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

If I was given the choice of new cars or a circuit, I would pick the circuit. I just hope to see a decent few cars next month with several new additions.

I've been grinding money for a fortnight and am currently at Cr18.6m, so I guess I'll have plenty for the next batch of cars. I do need a Shelby Daytona though...

I'm looking forward to Goodwood Historic Circuit though as I've never tried it.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  6. O604

O604

I want to do this. :D

7. huiop2

huiop2

A dozen is indeed exaggerated. But you'd be wrong to think any one of them isn't more well-known or at least as well-known as Goodwood.

Novalee likes this.
  8. sirjim73

sirjim73

No doubt we will have a Circuit Experience to follow. Here is an exclusive preview...

Animedeaf and nickf1gr like this.
  9. Jump_Ace

Jump_Ace Staff Emeritus

OMG! Kaz used my idea (not that I told him directly of course - or did I?) to put a corner of a track at the teaser. Whoop!

Jerome

10. TheNuvolari

TheNuvolari

Jeez, almost read it as 'car team gets broken'.... :scared:

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2019
    SestoScudo and DavidMonoy97 like this.
  11. zeptrans

zeptrans

I know the track coming without new cars. But it need some vintage lads (1920s Bugatti, Maserati, Alfa, ... :indiff: dreaming).

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  12. Cerebral303

Cerebral303

The first part was scepticism that a company would give people an entire month off, though I didn't know about the public holiday I still think the car team are also working on GT7 and that work may now be a priority. As a result of the reduced time Kaz cut the team some slack. It is a nice spin on bad news, we don't get the cars but the staff are being treated well.

The last sentence was over the top for comedic purposes. I used three exclamation marks, which is outrageous for me but probably quite subtle in the scale of things.

George Jakob likes this.
  13. daan

daan Moderator

So you didn't mean a "dozen" and you didn't mean "famous", but it's good to know I'm wrong... :rolleyes:

JR98, CrimsonKing, 05XR8 and 2 others like this.
  14. symaski62

symaski62

hello new Circuit & 5 cars ?

yes or not ?

15. TheNuvolari

TheNuvolari

Umm... if Kaz says 'car team gets break' then most probably there won't be any cars.

SDSPOWER01 and Lebowski like this.
  16. huiop2

huiop2

I did mean famous from the very beginning, not sure how you missed that.

17. George Jakob

George Jakob

And as i said this comes under the personal expectasions category but suprise you don't always get what you want in life , i even have a thread with 1500+ suggested cars we will ever get them all? surely not am i disapointed about it ? yes am i upset about it of course not , plus there is no such thing as "Should've " unless we talking about sports titles like Fifa NBA etc cause if you really think about it you payed 70$ at most for a game costing millions to make .
    Same here thats why i made a thread about them.

Well thats bevause 1. People are like baby's you give them a toy and after a faw minute they throw it away crying. And 2. Did you honestly expect any better from a community who requested and ranted for months on end about a :censored: Corolla? 99% of them because of a Anime and then complained about the :censored: dash because it wasen't from said anime?

Sadly you are right.

So let me get this straght 1. You complain about the lack of content (Which is fair enough) 2. Then you complain about getting new content but its not the content so you rather get nothing at all?:confused:

Thats also true.

We can't know tbat.

That my friend is called thinking outsise of the box.

No one is expecting / cares if you are happy or not but what is expected is not to rant about it and acting as if this is the last track to be added period.

Compare to thair pace last year .. you are technically correct.

Lebowski likes this.
  18. Darla Starch

Darla Starch Premium

TIL only famous tracks should be included in games.

ArR29, sparkytooth, sirjim73 and 2 others like this.
  19. MPincombe

MPincombe

@George Jakob all I'm saying is the content we've got should be good before they start giving us more free tracks. Goodwood does lack inspiration for me but even if they added the holy grail of real world tracks i.e Spa then it would only paper over the cracks. Who wants to go up Eau Rouge in a GT3 car when you have to downshift 3 times to get up there because of the x27 tyre wear?

It won't take much to improve this game, adding Goodwood does not improve this game, they need to get the small things right before that. I'd happily pay for certain tracks if I deemed the game good enough but right now I don't

Novalee and George Jakob like this.
  20. juanffy18

juanffy18

disappointing. :boggled:

21. HERE4BEER3

HERE4BEER3

Personally I'm still waiting for the update that makes everyone happy.

I don't mind, new track? Cool! Any new track is a good track, even Route X seems incredibly popular in the online Lobbies. Any new track will have it's uses, especially Goodwood for racing the classic cars, and an upcoming Mini Championship that's being put together by the community.

No new cars? Meh, last update I bought the Fit and Renault, drove each of them around the Ring once and haven't touched them since. TBH the only car update I'd be genuinely happy about would be new Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars either with existing or new manufacturers.

Taxrik likes this.
  22. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

This new track looks to be similar to not being complete oval but will fun to drive on and interesting to see which vehicles we receive in the update in 3 days.

23. Riptide

Riptide Premium

Nice !

dimassa19 likes this.
  24. tankuroded

tankuroded

Friendly reminder: There were month(s?) where we got cars-only updates with no new track.

AgentBlackDog likes this.
  25. GiordySays

GiordySays

I just want drive the F1 car around it

26. DantesAK

DantesAK

Thank you.

I for one am pretty excited about this as I’ve been watching a lot of Goodwood videos lately, especially of Tom Kristensen. Looking forward to throwing some classic cars around there.

Jack_10_9_8_7 likes this.
  27. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

I'd honestly rather have Grand Valley or Autumn Ring...

28. ARTAsean

ARTAsean (Banned)

To be honest I’m more interested in the Festival of Speed run than the circuit proper, so here’s to hoping it’s included. If it’s not, I must admit I lean towards the disappointed group ... however, I’m sure this will be a double-update month, and we will get juicy content later.

29. Tassie_tiger

Tassie_tiger

I don't know whether to laugh at this thread or just feel sad for some people.

Good one. :tup:

30. Haitauer

Haitauer

4 weeks of summer holidays is mandatory in many countries.

But if the car team is busy, i think its not gt7 but rather a new class / group of cars they are preparing to launch. The now possibly free-from-chains DTM comes to mind..:drool:

2-3 different eras of dtm launched as gt500 did.

Cerebral303 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.