UPDATE: Gran Turismo Sport's Next Update Arrives May 30, With Goodwood Circuit

• Thread starter Lebowski
  • 396 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I'd be more excited about them increasing the max tyre wear multiplier in single player custom races to match FIA races than a new track. Or making FIA race free practice have the same fuel use and tyre wear as the race, so it's actually practice.

At least its a new track that I have not raced on any console before. I wonder where the penalty markers will be place?

Reactions: Qyn
I'd have to check the Kinrara Trophy entry list, but a lot of the owners of the cars in the race are Brits (and some of them drive in it too - it's a two-driver race).

I gave up on Sport Mode long ago. Would prefer to have the cars myself and drive them around in a lobby with friends.

I might still do the TT if that's true.

Goodwood Circuit is really cool, not sure how its a problematic addition

Unless you have sausage fingers mastering it will be a cinch at least autopolis had some challenging corners to it. Shame we dont have any original tracks added instead that would be far more compelling. Having paid £50 for GT Sport im still disappointed with it content wise. Really would love a mirror mode to pad it out...

Unless you have sausage fingers mastering it will be a cinch at least autopolis had some challenging corners to it. Shame we dont have any original tracks added instead that would be far more compelling. Having paid £50 for GT Sport im still disappointed with it content wise. Really would love a mirror mode to pad it out...

I'm on over 550 days logging in and I've still yet to complete the game. And on the other hand I paid the same price for the last Batman game when it came out and completed every single bit of it in approx 10 days. The longevity that GT offers is unparalleled yet we still get ungrateful moaners like you. It does my head in.

Those long late apex corners look pretty difficult to nail consistently to me but I guess I have sausage fingers and no taste in tracks like everybody else who is reasonable on this website

A new track! Nice!! Also to all people who are whining and threatening PD due to no new cars: Cry all you want.

Says the guy whose last GT sport post was whining about the mileage exchange...

Maybe working on your reading comprehension would help you understanding that :
1- nobody "threatened PD"
2- people like GT sport
3- because they like GT sport, they would like to enjoy it on more tracks with more cars...

I'm on over 550 days logging in and I've still yet to complete the game. And on the other hand I paid the same price for the last Batman game when it came out and completed every single bit of it in approx 10 days. The longevity that GT offers is unparalleled yet we still get ungrateful moaners like you. It does my head in.

Yeah let's be grateful for a completely unfinished game with exactly 0 original tracks from previous GT games and then be even more grateful when they add tracks like Special Stage Route X and Goodwood, yeah I'm well buzzing for this ****.

You've gotta have pretty low standards if you think Goodwood is a good addition to the game, they could've spent their time in so many more ways that would've pleased so many more people, everything bar Autopolis and the SF cars that have been added this year have been to please people who don't use sport mode, all these additions have only been good to people who drive offline, PD are a joke

So you're telling me people are not allowed to be disappointed over an update.... ok then?
Feeling how you will is fine, but it's well known at this point that they've had national holidays for near a third of this month. It also is quite clearly stated by Kaz himself that the vehicle team is getting a break. Are people not entitled to take a break now or something? I can't grasp why a new to series location is THIS upsetting is all.

Yeah let's be grateful for a completely unfinished game with exactly 0 original tracks from previous GT games and then be even more grateful when they add tracks like Special Stage Route X and Goodwood, yeah I'm well buzzing for this ****.

You've gotta have pretty low standards if you think Goodwood is a good addition to the game, they could've spent their time in so many more ways that would've pleased so many more people, everything bar Autopolis and the SF cars that have been added this year have been to please people who don't use sport mode, all these additions have only been good to people who drive offline, PD are a joke
Its fine if you don't like a track but being this condescending towards people who do is the exact kind of pretentiousness this community doesn't really need more of, not like we don't have tons of guys like you already anyways...

To be fair, bit dissapointed with no new cars. But maybe PD calls the Cars team to rest while the Track team is getting a go.

Maybe the patch will come with more new things than just tracks.

Just wish PD can fulfill its 500 cars promise. I can wait.
To clarify, im not mad. I may not a huge fan of Goodwood circuit but I can wait for more contents PD will deliver. It's not like my life revolve on GT or anything.

Sometimes devs needs some time offs too.

Says the guy whose last GT sport post was whining about the mileage exchange...

Yes because apparently it's with PD or against PD, love GT or hate GT. Never knew you can't critisize one aspect while accepting others.

Having also shelled out £50 I would say that this is an amazing investment. I have made this stretch even further by use of running and partaking in organised leagues. Great way to meet new people and also learn and improve on the game.

Ok so it is just Goodwood, eh I am not mad or dissapointed the car team deserves a break for their hard work and mandatory holidays (that most people here do not understand!).

Even if their shift is on to the next project or so, the amount of content we are getting will surely be more limited so I wont expect the 12 cars pack like last year just an average of 5-8 cars per month.

Roll on Thursday!

Right, first up - care to explain why it is uncompleted? Can you, for example, provide me with an original press release that states specifically what will be in the game and exactly what they left out from that promise? Or is it, as i suspect, that you - just like many of the other moaners on here - had a set ideal of what YOU wanted the game to be but when PD decided to give Sport a new formula to offer something different you threw your dummy out of your pram and have been sucking your thumb ever since because they didn't do exactly what you wanted?

Next, you go on to say (in an obviously disappointed tone) that they have added exactly zero original circuits from the past titles yet then just 1 line later you mention that how we should be grateful for the addition of Special Stage Route X (in an obviously sarcastic tone) which was an original circuit from a previous title. You're so "buzzing" that you don't even know what you're talking about.

I don't have low standards, i've made an exception to reply to you in great depth though. To suggest looking forward to and being happy with the addition of Goodwood means someone has low standards is one of the most bizarre statements i've read. It is a circuit of significant historic importance and provides a very fitting backdrop to the large roster of vintage and classic cars we've had added. The circuit is still in very regular use for many disciplines.

I dare say their are many people who don't enjoy Autopolis or SF but you can't please everyone. Goodwood certainly has more use to the game though than Special Stage Route X for example, one of those original circuits you so dearly love. And maybe, have you ever thought that the reason PD haven't been adding all their old circuits is that they might just be fed up with clinging on to a 20 year past and want to take the game in a different direction?

Finally, if PD are such a joke and you clearly dislike the game, why do you even bother to comment on a forum about it? Being on a forum suggests you have an interest in the game and are keen to read and discuss new news and offerings. Instead, all i see is yet another bitter self entitled person who believes a corporation should follow his precise expectations.

Last edited:
I like that they are still even producing updates when others would have stopped ages ago. It's still showing they are supporting the game. Also the car guys taking a break may not mean they are, that this means they are just not adding cars this update.

I sincerely hoped that at least in this chapter we would have had the opportunity to get options that would allow us to simulate a race or a custom championship, with a grid of CPU machines completely chosen by us. Think about how nice it would be, especially now that there could be endless possibilities since we also have Livery Editor. Maybe it's just me asking too much.

This is honestly a waste of time.
Thats debateable

Nooo....Should have been the hillclimb track :grumpy: Shouldn't be too hard to convert it from GT6??
As much as i love the hillclimb i gotta ask .. why the regular circuit is superior in every way (as far as Gran Turismo goes)

I would love to believe Kaz gave a bunch of people the month off, but in reality I am sure they are still working and struggling to even hit a 5 car target now (for this game at least).

Don't believe the lies!!!
Was that sarcasm?

Ugh.. again with that "unfinished" 🤬 ? do you even know what unfinished even means? we got exactly what was advertised. If you were expecting something else guess what thats called personal expectations and its safe to say that no one got what they were expecting with this game but PD made it clear since Paris Games Week 2016 so its been 3 years get over it already . And about the " they could've spent their time in so many more ways that would've pleased so many more people" part No coulden't because pepole are ungreatful 🤬🤬 no matter what they get .. and by the looks of it you are one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back