2014 Fantasy Formula 1: A Champion Is Crowned

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 746 comments
FP1 broadcasting now, Pst west coast time. Its official its Formula 1 time!!!
FP2 broadcasting now!!!

:bowdown: Formula 1

Last edited:
Oh it sure felt good to see them running back on track. First two sessions where a joy to watch, Red Bull suprised me, cause in spite of what they showed last weeks they were running top times not so far behind Mercedes !!!

Just changed mine,

Rosberg/Hamilton/Hulkenberg

Really want to see how Ferrari fair in race conditions before I pick them..........

Ok changing back to my original picks, I can live with losing 2 points at this early stage.

Rosberg/Hamilton/Alonso

Picked on Wednesday I believe. Only pick I can remember is Massa, feeling like I have a good shout after P1 and 2 though!

I want to pick those as well, but I dropped Hamilton for Button. Both mercs finishing would be too good to be true.

Mate these picks are so hard, I had doubts about Ferrari as heard there very heavy on fuel so wanted to wait and see, Alonso has been very impressive tho plus he's my fave driver so I had to revert back!

McLaren are strange as Button hasn't been too positive about there chances but he might be bluffing.

Glad the season is back tho!

Decided not to change my picks after the first two practice sessions...

After FP2 super keeping my picks
1. Hamilton
2. Rosberg
3. Alonso
I am worried about Williams, bit if do good ill pick them for round 2.I think Pastor M. Has a curse on him or something. This is the 3rd time he went to a Team and then they start having gremlin problems,..

I went with Massa, Alonso, and Button after seeing FP1.

...I think. :lol:

A little help here, @Justin
After watching FP2 the Red Bulls were looking like they were pulling a hat trick this whole time. They were running down everyone on track granted we dont know what fuel each driver had on board or which fuel map they were using, but still?,.

I'm in this for the long haul so I went with some early out of the way votes of Hamilton, Hulk, Massa

This way if I lose next week I'll have all my strong picks (outside of Hami) to win with

I refuse to pick until after Qualifying. But Hamilton and Massa are likely picks.

@Justin As I'm a bit confused by the consecutive pick thing, does this mean I can't pick the three drivers I've picked for the Australian GP, for Malaysia?

@Justin As I'm a bit confused by the consecutive pick thing, does this mean I can't pick the three drivers I've picked for the Australian GP, for Malaysia?

Think so. Pretty much a win gives you a CP. However if the driver is a DNF you can pick again.

I refuse to pick until after Qualifying. But Hamilton and Massa are likely picks.

Just gonna say it, but that's the worst way to do it. Should have picked before FP1 and changed after Qualifying if it went down hill or reaped in the extra 8 points if they were what you would pick anyway.

Play the game, don't let it play you ;)

Disclaimer: I do this to annoy Furi when I see him do wrong, because it is fun and he don't care

After FP3 I was going to say those Jensen Button entries are starting to look better. I'll keep my picks tho, since my 3 picks are in the Top 4, good enough for me!.

-For those Jenson pickers out there here is a break down of the contraption on the back of the new MP4,. Even tho its revolutionary it has fuel consumption counter issue. Will the performance weight out over 300km?

This drawing provides more detail of the previously-discussed rear suspension set-up on the new McLaren. After a miserable 2013 season, the team have come up with a highly interesting looking solution and one that has been cleared as legal by the FIA. To help prevent suspension components being designed as out-and-out aero devices, the rules require they have a maximum depth-height ratio of 3.5:1, be symmetrical and with a tolerance of 5 degrees. The incredibly big fairings on the MP4-29's toe link (1) and rear leg of the lower wishbone (2) have a ratio close to 1:1 and are symmetrical. These two elements help increase the mass flow out of the rear diffuser, working almost like a double beam wing, though the elements themselves will also create a degree of airflow blockage which could increase fuel consumption over a race distance. Such solutions are not totally new to McLaren: in 2007 (inset) the team bodied the toe link and rear leg of the wishbone. The main drawing also shows new aero devices (3) attached to the brake duct, aimed at increasing downforce, and a new 200mm-wide 'monkey seat' wing with two small winglets in the lower section

@Turbo_snail
You are allowed to pick anyone. If you choose to pick a driver you picked from the previous round, a penalty shall be incurred, unless you have a cp awarded to you. eg; a win from that previous round.

Reliability is not as prominent as possibly expected. Should be an awesome spectacle. Can't wait.
Qualy starting now!!!!! :)

@Turbo_snail
You are allowed to pick anyone. If you choose to pick a driver you picked from the previous round, a penalty shall be incurred, unless you have a cp awarded to you. eg; a win from that previous round.

Reliability is not as prominent as possibly expected. Should be an awesome spectacle. Can't wait.
Qualy starting now!!!!! :)
:cheers: Zed.

It should be noted you also get a CP for getting the most points or scoring a 1-2-3.

I went with Massa, Alonso, and Button after seeing FP1.

...I think. :lol:

A little help here, @Justin

It would appear so, but since you made me work I've switched them to Maldonado, Chilton and Bianchi.:P

Went for Rosberg, Hamilton and Alonso. Kind of a gamble picking two from the same team, but I don't think I can ignore the strength of the Mercs.

Back