2017 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 1,065 comments
Roo
Onboard with Graham Rahal:

What am I looking at on the steering wheel?

Obviously gear up the top and lap time + lap count at the bottom, but what's the middle row left to right? Guessing there's a fuel number in there and is that -9 the weight jacker or something? Those blue buttons either side of the wheel look like weight left - right, yeah?

What am I looking at on the steering wheel?

Obviously gear up the top and lap time + lap count at the bottom, but what's the middle row left to right? Guessing there's a fuel number in there and is that -9 the weight jacker or something? Those blue buttons either side of the wheel look like weight left - right, yeah?
The row with 5 separate numbers

1. Fuel mix (it was set at 1 exiting the pits, then 2 and 4)
2.Weight jacker changes made with top row of blue buttons
3. 4.1 No idea
4. 14-15 Fuel used during stint perhaps?
5. Something to do with lap time, not sure.

The onboard of Rahal is just insane to me. You could almost feel the G forces just watching the video. It was great to see SeaBass up on the charts. I think with the newly hired staff at Dale Coyne he will be very competitive this season.

Derani in an IndyCar...that sounds actually very interesting.

Honda`s are forced to really trim out their cars compared to the chevy kits.

In qualifying trim they're closer to Chevrolet than last year, but in full-race set-up it's pretty close. Honda runners have the advantage at Indy, Pocono & Texas, while Chevrolet teams have them covered everywhere else and really dominate on short ovals like Phoenix & Gateway.

In qualifying trim they're closer to Chevrolet than last year, but in full-race set-up it's pretty close. Honda runners have the advantage at Indy, Pocono & Texas, while Chevrolet teams have them covered everywhere else and really dominate on short ovals like Phoenix & Gateway.

That`s because of the RC/Short oval kit Chevy has. They dominate qualifying and pace at Short ovals and the big tracks. The accidents at the test were because the Honda`s have to real trim out their RC/Short oval kit just to be close to the Chevy`s. Honda has the advantage I believe with the speedway kits though.

C5SibeOUEAAoVIM.jpg

Only if we sign Stefan and make the livery orange, black and purple.

I have £400. ($498USD)

Sign JPM and I'm in,

Other news, anyone know anything about this IndyCar messge on facebook?

Attachments

• wp_ss_20170224_0002.png
    wp_ss_20170224_0002.png
    80 KB · Views: 18
http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/138395-indycar-seeks-international-domestic-expansion

Verizon IndyCar Series CEO Mark Miles continues to look for opportunities to start the season in February at destinations outside North America. At least one venue in South America is rumored to be on IndyCar's radar, and numerous tracks in Europe, Asia and Australia have been mentioned as possibilities to host the open-wheel series.

The desire to add international events that would be held prior to the start of the regular IndyCar season would add exposure for the series, but more importantly, Miles views the trips abroad as a way to help the cash-strapped teams in the paddock.

On the domestic front, IndyCar has 17 races on the calendar this year – an increase from the 16 held in 2016. Asked if the number of North American races could expand beyond 17 in the near future – separate from any international growth – IndyCar competition president Jay Frye (pictured, left, with Miles) says it's being considered.

Frye has been instrumental in bringing tracks that once held open-wheel races back to the schedule, and with the return of Gateway, Phoenix (pictured), Road America and Watkins Glen, a few regional holes remain. Tracks in the Pacific Northwest and Western Canada, places the CART and Champ Car series once visited with great regularity, are among the once-popular stops to be considered if IndyCar moves beyond 17 races. Frye pointed to Phoenix as an example of what could be possible elsewhere.

Speaking from relative experience, there's few places that they can go to in Western Canada. I don't know if the new Indycars can handle the pavement in Edmonton, and I don't know if the new track that Jacques Villeneuve is putting up in near Osoyoos is big enough to hold a large track day, nevertheless an Indycar event.

Latest Posts

Back