2017 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 1,065 comments
They've been saying this since 2013, I won't believe any of it until they are at the track.

Yeah, I don't exactly believe what they are peddling either. And considering that Indycar as a whole is probably on the shakiest ground of the three major motorsport disciplines in North America...I really have to disagree with Miles' assertion that more races in exotic locales will inject cash into smaller teams.

Sao Paulo was a good street circuit, why did they stop going? CGV hosts F1, and has hosted NASCAR surely an IndyCar weekend would work there too. I would love to see a Mosport race as well but I just don't see it happening based on the current safety of the circuit, turn 4 and up into 5 really needs some love before they can go there I think.

Europe, Asia, Australia

Pacific Northwest, Western Canada

If they go to Europe or Asia I really hope the pick something that is not on a lot of the main schedules of series in the region. As for Australia the Adelaide street circuit would probably go well.

Sounds like Portland to me, and maybe Castrol Raceway next to Edmonton Airport.

I've been saying that for ages, Florida is flooded for motorsport in February and needs to start away from it,

Firstly they need to branch out across the U.S.A and get away from NASCAR country for the bulk of the season, maybe even start off in Mexico, I know for safety reasons IndyCar is limited on where it runs on ovals, but the timing in which it uses the ovals are to close to NASCAR events,

I've been saying that for ages, Florida is flooded for motorsport in February and needs to start away from it,

Firstly they need to branch out across the U.S.A and get away from NASCAR country for the bulk of the season, maybe even start off in Mexico, I know for safety reasons IndyCar is limited on where it runs on ovals, but the timing in which it uses the ovals are to close to NASCAR events,
Should start in February at COTA, Laguna Seca or Road Atlanta.

That Aleshin livery is beautiful.

That's epic! :drool:

I'm not American so I've got no real conception of seasonal weather over there,
There's a reason I chose the south. :P And its the reason that everyone starts in Florida. Most of the tracks here in the U.S. are either buried in snow, covered with ice, temperatures well under 32F (with exceptions), and or being unburied. :P Kind of a region lock unfortunately.

At least with them making a decision on it now there is a chance it will look like it actually belongs
And judging by the new Formula E car, which has no airbox like the 2018 Indycar design and also an aeroscreen, well, this is gonna look bae. :drool:
17-Formula-E-Spark-Season-5-Side-Half-Canopy_0.jpg
05-Formula-E-Spark-Season-5-Rear.jpg
phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg.jpg

(New Formula E car attached because it's the first modern "open wheel" car with an integrated windscreen)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sebring testing footage, and Scott Dixon still has zero sponsorship. :(

Last edited:
I had to check if I had accidentally muted my laptop when I started that video. :P

RATL is WAY too dangerous for Indycar, as much as I'd like to see it, they'd need to neuter the track to run them.

Indycar have given us a gift! :D The 2003 Champcar race at Brands Hatch! :D

Ah yes, the race on the Indy circuit where the pit lane was so cramped only so many cars could come in for service each lap... Or was it fuel only and tires only stops allowed?

Wow.... That was one of the most boring races I have ever seen,

So that's why it was called the 'Indy' layout...

To this day I can't work out who thought it was a good idea to run Champ Car on the Indy circuit. When the DTM raced at Brands, they ran on the Indy circuit too - apparently so that "people would see the cars more often" - and those races were awful as well.

Brands Hatch as a whole seems to me like a track that is basically crap on anything that isn't the full course.

And also doesn't seem well suited to anything that isn't British GT and BTCC.

Back