2017 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 1,065 comments
Eva
I'm going to believe Racer a bit more than motorsport.com

Careful, you might be considered a snob for preferring a site who's news is usually the most reliable.

Careful, you might be considered a snob for preferring a site who's news is usually the most reliable.
I'm used to being talked about behind my back. Nothing new lol.

Most likely a tip from Scott Dixon. Also, Hartley raced for Ganassi at the Daytona 24 Hours last year.
Yeah, I'm aware of the connections. I was expecting Rosenqvist to be the first on confirmed. Though with Porsche leaving LMP1, he will have a lot of free time.

Eva
Yeah, I'm aware of the connections. I was expecting Rosenqvist to be the first on confirmed. Though with Porsche leaving LMP1, he will have a lot of free time.

Rosenqvist isn't going to be available to race in Indycar until 2019 because of his Formula E commitments being extended one more season.

Rosenqvist isn't going to be available to race in Indycar until 2019 because of his Formula E commitments being extended one more season.
Oh. Wasn't aware of that. That puts a fork in Ganassi plans.

Yeah... I'm expecting Hartley alongside Esteban Gutierrez with a 4th car for Indy only.
If Rosenqvist is stuck in FE, then Gutierrez would make sense. Wonder who else they could pick up full time to keep 4 full cars.

Eva
If Rosenqvist is stuck in FE, then Gutierrez would make sense. Wonder who else they could pick up full time to keep 4 full cars.

I don't really expect Ganassi to make any great strides to keep four full-time cars. Max Chilton & Charlie Kimball basically provide the sponsorship to keep their cars running and with both of them (And Tony Kanaan) in the doghouse at the moment, combined with rumors about Chilton & Kimball taking their money over to Carlin Motorsport for a start-up Indycar team, leads me to believe Ganassi will slim down his team somewhat.

I picked Gutierrez to get a seat at Ganassi mainly because because it's highly likely Indycar will have a race in Mexico City next year, Gutierrez's main backer is Carlos Slim and Ganassi has a working relationship with Slim that goes back to the Grand-Am days with Memo Rojas and the Telmex-sponsored cars. If Esteban doesn't get a ride there somebody probably will because it would be quite odd to go to Mexico without a Mexican driver on the grid, wouldn't it?

I don't really expect Ganassi to make any great strides to keep four full-time cars. Max Chilton & Charlie Kimball basically provide the sponsorship to keep their cars running and with both of them (And Tony Kanaan) in the doghouse at the moment, combined with rumors about Chilton & Kimball taking their money over to Carlin Motorsport for a start-up Indycar team, leads me to believe Ganassi will slim down his team somewhat.

I picked Gutierrez to get a seat at Ganassi mainly because because it's highly likely Indycar will have a race in Mexico City next year, Gutierrez's main backer is Carlos Slim and Ganassi has a working relationship with Slim that goes back to the Grand-Am days with Memo Rojas and the Telmex-sponsored cars. If Esteban doesn't get a ride there somebody probably will because it would be quite odd to go to Mexico without a Mexican driver on the grid, wouldn't it?
I've said this in several Discord servers, but Gutierrez could really go to any Honda team, he has the backing to do it. Ganassi would be the best choice, but the likes of SPM and DCR with Bourdais are also impossible to ignore. Gutierrez could want to stay with Coyne where he knows the crew now too.

With only a 3 point difference, it's basically just going to be who finishes in front of who. Going to be an interesting final race.

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/143900-ganassi-talks-still-a-long-way-apart-kimball

Minor thing from me but read this closely:

I enjoy Max as a teammate, I like his wife and his dad and I had a great time with Carlin in 2005 and 2007," said Kimball. "But we'll just have to see how things play out. I love the Honda family too but I'm not open to just one manufacturer.

"I've just got to figure out what makes the most sense for Novo and for me

Maybe its just me, but that could've been worded less...creepily.

Back