2017 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 1,065 comments
Shame Gutierrez got the bump as it would have been great to have 3 Coyne cars on the grid. Shame that wasn't meant to be but glad Bourdais' back.

The race would have been fantastic for the win if Power hadn't figured out the trick to keeping everyone behind going into turn 3. Damn. :lol:

The race would have been fantastic for the win if Power hadn't figured out the trick to keeping everyone behind going into turn 3. Damn. :lol:

It seems trivial because he is such a great driver but I don't like him because he's such a boring winner, or loser even like in Toronto this year. I expected him to be right pissed off and he was just so dull. I remember his interview after winning the championship finally and yeah Auto Club is a very intensive race but my god he won the championship and seemed like he had other places he'd rather be.

It seems trivial because he is such a great driver but I don't like him because he's such a boring winner, or loser even like in Toronto this year. I expected him to be right pissed off and he was just so dull. I remember his interview after winning the championship finally and yeah Auto Club is a very intensive race but my god he won the championship and seemed like he had other places he'd rather be.
My "Damn" was because I was really looking forward to an exciting finish, not because I'm not a fan of Power (in case that's what you may have been thinking I was implying...or maybe I'm completely wrong :)) Honestly I haven't really paid attention to Indy Car until this year, so I don't have any drivers I like (with the exception of maybe Hinch because seems like a funny guy) or dislike. Really, the way the season started with all the different winners, I had been rooting for anyone who hadn't won yet as the season went on.

My "Damn" was because I was really looking forward to an exciting finish, not because I'm not a fan of Power (in case that's what you may have been thinking I was implying...or maybe I'm completely wrong :)) Honestly I haven't really paid attention to Indy Car until this year, so I don't have any drivers I like (with the exception of maybe Hinch because seems like a funny guy) or dislike. Really, the way the season started with all the different winners, I had been rooting for anyone who hadn't won yet as the season went on.

I think you'll like it here, the racing this year has been pretty good as an average, some fantastic and an utter runaway or two. I just went on about Power because he was mentioned honestly, again great driver, a good bet on race day, but really boring after the fact.

It's funny, this weekend while I was watching the race I was thinking to myself, this is nice, a full 500 mile race with no interruptions. Then literally 30 seconds later Paul Tracy said something like this is a full 500 mile race, no stage racing here. I can agree the race was really good, although I did leave for quite a while after Hinch wrecked so I can't speak for that part, I was a little miffed to say the least that he sort of threw away what was clearly a podium car.

I've always been a NASCAR fan, watching nearly every race for over 20 years. But I moved into my own place early this year and finally got DVR. Now I can record any racing that I'd normally miss, and it's completely changed my life. :dopey: It ain't easy, but I've had a chance to watch every NASCAR, F1, Indy Car, and IMSA race so far this year.

I agree the races have been pretty good from what I've watched this season, the Phoenix bore fest aside. And I did laugh to myself when Paul mentioned not needing the stage racing. :lol:

As long as this doesn't mean Andretti losing one of their teams,

If Andretti moves to Chevrolet, which is something this move hints at, they could be down to 2 cars next year. Sato was obviously connected to Honda, as are Herta and Rossi so they may partner up with another Honda team.

this could at best mean a full-time field of 24 cars

Unfortunately I think the chances of that happening are slim to none since both Penske and Ganassi are possibly going to 3 cars next year.

If Andretti moves to Chevrolet, which is something this move hints at, they could be down to 2 cars next year. Sato was obviously connected to Honda, as are Herta and Rossi so they may partner up with another Honda team.

Unfortunately I think the chances of that happening are slim to none since both Penske and Ganassi are possibly going to 3 cars next year.
Here's how I think the grid will be shaping up, some optimism included.
Penske=4 cars, Helio stays in IndyCar
Ganassi=4 cars, Rosenqvist replacing Chilton
Harding=1 car with Chaves, possibly a second with Saavedra
SPM=3 cars. Rossi, Hinch, and Harvey
RLL=2 cars, Rahal and Sato
DCR=3 cars, Seabass, Jones, and Gutierrez
ECR=2 cars, Hildebrand, and the #20
Andretti=3 cars with an Indy Lights driver being promoted
AJ Foyt=2 cars
23-24 is possible.

Holy crap, there's people in the stands! :eek:

Eva
Here's how I think the grid will be shaping up, some optimism included.
Penske=4 cars, Helio stays in IndyCar
Ganassi=4 cars, Rosenqvist replacing Chilton
Harding=1 car with Chaves, possibly a second with Saavedra
SPM=3 cars. Rossi, Hinch, and Harvey
RLL=2 cars, Rahal and Sato
DCR=3 cars, Seabass, Jones, and Gutierrez
ECR=2 cars, Hildebrand, and the #20
Andretti=3 cars with an Indy Lights driver being promoted
AJ Foyt=2 cars
23-24 is possible.

It would certainly be nice if you're right. :cheers:

Just in case anyone is as confused as I was the first time I went to Cincinatti, 5th/3rd bank was founded IN Cincinatti in a building at the corner of 5th and 3rd.

My wife had to talk to me for a good 10 minutes before I understood that, myself! ;)

Pass it on! Lots of people don't know! ;)

Just in case anyone is as confused as I was the first time I went to Cincinatti, 5th/3rd bank was founded IN Cincinatti in a building at the corner of 5th and 3rd.

My wife had to talk to me for a good 10 minutes before I understood that, myself! ;)

Pass it on! Lots of people don't know! ;)
I could have told you that.

Back