AMPMROCKETFANN

(Banned)
United States
MARYLAND fo sho
AMPMROCKETFANN
Wiz
#3 livery reveal

qL5vAvf.png

This thing better be in the February or March GT Sport update. I love this so much

Northstar

The Original Party Worm
Premium
United States
Anoka, MN
Some Lamborghini liveries were unveiled today.

GEAR Racing #19

gear1.jpg

Grasser-Magnus #44

In typical Magnus fashion, they made the unveil more entertaining.

“With Magnus Racing broken up, I thought the car should reflect the new wedding that is GRT Magnus: something old (the drivers and Flex-Box), something new (GRT), something borrowed (the GRT crew), and something blue.”

grt22.jpg

Finally the Paul Miller #48

United States
United States
Two of of those look pretty solid, but the Lambo has great lines for most liveries - they just work well on the car.

United States
United States
It is the case, but it's an odd one. I guess the Japanese fiscal year runs through....March or something bizarre? Basically Joest/Mazda are still a thing on paper until....Sebring? The work behind the actual scenes is already being handled/done by Multimatic and that started last year more or less.

So for appearances sake, and honoring their contract, Joest/Mazda will exist for the first couple races until the contract properly expires. It's been a month since I heard the explanation on a podcast but that's the short version. Someone can probably elaborate for me.

United States
United States
PS: Is the white Mazda the new livery, or is that a customer car? I thought I had heard a rumour about a Mazda customer car at some point?

-Fred-

This is a custom title
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Somewhere.
Unless something has changed, 77 is definitely a Mazda "works" number.

Northstar

The Original Party Worm
Premium
United States
Anoka, MN
An interesting little snippet was in the Sportscar 365 Notebook.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/daytona-thursday-notebook-9/
Entries for the WeatherTech Sprint Cup are heating up, with at least three additional cars likely, including a possible Acura NSX GT3 Evo. The expanded eight-round season kicks off at Long Beach in April.

2/3 are likely Compass and Park Place, but the potential Acura entry is interesting. RealTime seems to be the most likely as they have said a return/expansion to IMSA was in the cards (albeit with a TCR, not a GT3), Gradient also seems possible as they've yet to announce anything for 2020. Racers Edge also runs the NSX in the SRO series, but they seem focused on expanding there.

A completely new team is also an obvious possibility, but that's not as fun to speculate about. :P

United States
United States
With so many talented IMSA drivers without a solid ride this season, it'd be easy to replace him - but I know he brings the money, etc. That would truly suck if they can't make it because of such a minor thing.

United States
Connecticut
FutureF1
With so many talented IMSA drivers without a solid ride this season, it'd be easy to replace him - but I know he brings the money, etc. That would truly suck if they can't make it because of such a minor thing.
Yeah I think Dalla Lana was funding a huge chunk of that program. If he pulls funding due to the fact that he can’t compete, they’ll be in trouble

Northstar

The Original Party Worm
Premium
United States
Anoka, MN
Just pay the less than $2/mo it costs for NBC Gold.

Yeah $20 for the whole season is a pretty good deal considering how much they are including. I paid twice that for the IndyCar pass last year and that didn't even have live race coverage of the primary series (hopefully that changes this year).