Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,754 comments
I always prefer doing my own previews with an infinite pleasure... another great (little) feature from CM ! ;)
Content Manager must be placed to the edge into the "AC Hall of Fame". :bowdown::cool:
Err I just found out what was encrypted with Guerillas M6. I thought I'd press some buttons in CM to see what happens and updated previews. At least the original preview.jpg files only ended up in the recycle bin

Err I just found out what was encrypted with Guerillas M6. I thought I'd press some buttons in CM to see what happens and updated previews. At least the original preview.jpg files only ended up in the recycle bin
So you succeeded in making your own previews ?
I quickly checked, saw the blue crystals and copied my previews from the previous version into the skins.

preview.png

Edit: no idea what causes this, but the pic here has more brightness than in CM...

Last edited:
I always prefer doing my own previews with an infinite pleasure... another great (little) feature from CM ! ;)
Content Manager must be placed to the edge into the "AC Hall of Fame". :bowdown::cool:
Same. I like viewing models/skins but it doesn't work with encrypted models like this. I have the same preview for all my cars :)

Content Manager is the reason AC is alive. Kunos should heavily support Ilya if they don't already.

Same. I like viewing models/skins but it doesn't work with encrypted models like this. I have the same preview for all my cars :)

Content Manager is the reason AC is alive. Kunos should heavily support Ilya if they don't already.
they will never do that sadly

So you succeeded in making your own previews ?
I quickly checked, saw the blue crystals and copied my previews from the previous version into the skins.

View attachment 868668
Nope I just wondered what the update previews button did....turned out I got blue crystals lol. As I said luckily the files only went in the recycle bin so were restored lol

Are they against CM? I've never really followed Kunos, don't know what they're up to.

they are not against CM and all the shader improvement. They feel a little bit awkward in the sense that they lost control of their project and cannot add or change anything anymore as it could affect or broke Iljas modification and get the majority of AC enthusiasts very unhappy. They never worked together and probably never will. I think that we should be thankful to Kunos to make AC easily modeable to start with and to let us deeply modify it. Long live Kunos and AC.
I am still to this day amused that the new title has no modeability whatsoever.

they are not against CM and all the shader improvement. They feel a little bit awkward in the sense that they lost control of their project and cannot add or change anything anymore as it could affect or broke Iljas modification and get the majority of AC enthusiasts very unhappy. They never worked together and probably never will.
That's a great point that somehow never occurred to me. This is practically Ilya's project to develop right now.

I think that we should be thankful to Kunos to make AC easily modeable to start with and to let us deeply modify it. Long live Kunos and AC.
I am still to this day amused that the new title has no modeability whatsoever.
I very much agree. Especially since the trend's been locking modding abilities for years now. AC can't be more moddable.
I haven't tried the ACC (potato PC) but I see they're actively working on it. Maybe they didn't want ACC to get out of their hands too.

Are they against CM? I've never really followed Kunos, don't know what they're up to.
i dont know his exact words but Stefano posted something about CSP on the AC forums to the effect of "CSP is raping Assetto"
which to me effectively sounds like he hates Shaders Patch

I"m really curious if there is possible to compare on steam how much people use AC vs ACC. I think AC would hugely win.
Both are out of top 100 according to Steam but I don't know how they count that. I'd bet AC is more popular though.

i dont know his exact words but Stefano posted something about CSP on the AC forums to the effect of "CSP is raping Assetto"
Wow. I just did some research myself on Stefano's approach to community. Let's say he has strong opinions about things :)

without csp assetto would today be bland. not sure why he hates it? jealousy? without csp ac today would only have those utterly oversaturated .... enb mods.

Where did he write that? Never heard Kunos saying something bad about modding, For sure Stefano and the guys are happy Ilja made AC a neverending sim and if I'm not mistaken, they even asked him to join them for ACC, but he refused.

You are jumping to the wrong conclusion, neither stefano or anyone else at Kunos hates the patch. He expressed that he felt like his baby (ac) had been raped, mostly because it all happened without any communication or exchange took place as the shader patch is running very deep in AC’s code. No communication was really required but as a loving father, Stefano had mixed emotion in relation to what the patch does to his game. He also mention some admiration at the same time about how clever some of it is.

Chrysler pt cruiser ported from motorsport 4 i think?
sharemods.com/ar2tmh8bbyhn
View attachment 867898
Please remove this from the sharemods and upload it from the original Google drive link thank you. However yes it is from Forza Motorsport 4 and was commissioned from Navi Street Mod by me. I would appreciate if you would use the original link so you are not making money off of something i paid to be put into ac. Thank you and have a nice day.

I saw (I don’t remember where and It was a while now) some words saying Stefano was admirative about CM interface.

Anyway, my goal was just to compliment again Ilja for creating this software, a pure and absolute jewel for our community.

ACC lets me "cold", I don’t play this game with passion... when I even decide to play it !^^

I wanna congratulate and thank warmly all the members of the community here for keeping alive and well, these common passion for the mechanics brought by this simulation.

Cheers. :-)

009b37418636260a84e6d8c640f707cd.jpg

Can anyone explain what that black stuff* is? ive downloaded race departments sebring twice. with clean installs and that black stuff* is still on the track, anything i can do about this? it makes it confusing and i cant play it like that

Last edited:
Can anyone explain what that black **** is?

Whenever I got this (several tracks are affected), I move again to the latest CSP version and then the issue is gone.
But since the latest CSP still has several issues with displays etc, I revert to an earlier one after that.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back