Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,753 comments
Hi all! do any of you have this Porsche Cayman 987 mod? has it been fixed?
Thank you.

Hi edoandreetta,

actually I fixed the Porsche Cayman S 987 some weeks ago.

- wheels corrected to the real size
- shaders tweaks
- physics updated (real performance)

I hope You like it.
Feel free everyone to make further optimizations. :)

https://sharemods.com/6hqp0sq526gy/porsche_cayman_s.rar.html

upload_2021-2-24_19-32-7.jpeg

I've a soft spot for hot hatches so here are some quick personal VR visual edits to the Renault Clio RS 200 Cup that was 'fixed' by AL yesterday:

- Rotated/repositioned driver, now grabs the wheel properly and rests his feet on the pedals.
- Added driver suits by config
- Added digital instruments, clock, temp, odometer, trip, adjusted instrument emissives
- Added new paint colours (paints from AC Modder's Clio) and added clearcoat paint config
- Shifting animation changed for much better positioning, shifting timing adjusted, corrected hand/wheel rotation synchronisation
- Scale corrected on dashboard & steering wheel bump texture, tweaked cockpit shaders
- Adjusted rear light brightness, added working high level brake light
- Various UI corrections

View attachment 994001

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zhq84e29kssrspt/m_renault_clio_rs_200_cup.7z/file
(will install as a new car)
Just updated to v1.3 on the same link, please redownload if you downloaded before this message.
(Clearcoat missed two small body panels on the rear - now corrected)

latest one 1.73p1 but only tested in showroom. maybe on track works ?
It does for me. Link updated btw to correct a small error (not related to the lights).
Edit: yeah, lights only on one side in CM showroom but work fine where it matters, out on the track. Very odd.

Last edited:
Very weird! Works fine for me.
What CSP did you test it with?
With CSP 0.1.72 the lights work fine in the game and in the showroom, however in the CM Showroom only the left front and rear light work.
But since they're ok in the game, that's all that matters IMO.

EDIT: Ok, too slow :)

Last edited:
Something came up on CSP discord which i'd sort of had a sneaking feeling was occurring, after chasing the FTH issue i was upgrading and downgrading through the various CSP available.

I think there is issues where if you downgrade then upgrade some stuff gets muddled up.

Anyway, might help or might not if like me you had some weird things happening with CSP.

Someone basically had constant flames from cars at all times (i have come across this as well happening)
If this is happening with flames i could image it happens with other stuff too.

"Reproduction:
1. Install CSP >= 0.1.67
2. Enable new flame effects in Particles FX extension
3. Downgrade CSP (0.1.63 tested)
4. Open game and observe the forever flame

Fix:
1. Upgrade to CSP >= 0.1.67
2. Disable new flame effects in Particles FX extension
3. If you want to be on a certain version of CSP, downgrade back to a version you were on prior upgrading"

Unfortunately, csp 1.73 crashes on my side : Custom shader `accCopyEarlyIBL_prefilterExtra_ps.fxo` is missing
Anyone else got the same issue ?
Downgrading it back to 1.72 solves the issue ... that's why I think it is related to csp1.73 upgrade ...

Pedro released the mk1 Focus RS

I can't believe it's taken this long for AC to get a decent Mk1 Focus, and having it RHD is a bonus.
The driver is shoehorned in so a darker suit certainly helps in VR. That white Sparco makes every driver feel bigger.
There's definitely something odd about the rear light lenses though. It's like they're made of candle wax.

Screenshot_pb_focus_rs_03_acu_okutama-circuit_24-2-121-22-35-9.jpg

Even the terrible SVT that's been knocking around for ages has much better lenses

Screenshot_ford_focus_svt_03_acu_okutama-circuit_24-2-121-22-36-43.jpg

I can't believe it's taken this long for AC to get a decent Mk1 Focus, and having it RHD is a bonus.
The driver is shoehorned in so a darker suit certainly helps in VR. That white Sparco makes every driver feel bigger.
There's definitely something odd about the rear light lenses though. It's like they're made of candle wax.

View attachment 994071

Even the terrible SVT that's been knocking around for ages has much better lenses

View attachment 994070

Its not candle wax.............................. it's wine gums...

wine-gums-622-p.jpg

Unfortunately, csp 1.73 crashes on my side : Custom shader `accCopyEarlyIBL_prefilterExtra_ps.fxo` is missing
Anyone else got the same issue ?
Downgrading it back to 1.72 solves the issue ... that's why I think it is related to csp1.73 upgrade ...
I don't have that issue with 1.73, but I've seen this happen before when I tested different versions. Please check if the shaders.zip in assettocorsa\extension folder has been updated, it should have a timestamp from February 24th.
If it's not the correct version, did you restart CM before updating CSP?

In my case shaders.zip had been locked by CM (or possibly some leftover AC app process, can't remember exactly), and CM had not been able to update it. Killing leftover AC app processes and restarting CM fixed it, and I got the new shaders.zip when I ran the CSP update again.

EDIT: If you use ptracker, it often leaves processes hanging after quitting AC. Those ptracker.exe processes keep the extension-folder locked, preventing the update of shaders.zip.
I also checked, and that filter you got the error of, was not in 1.72 but it's in 1.73.

Last edited:
Yes, you guys charging for ripped content must stick together right?

I hope this forum doesn't get used as a advertising platform by modders trying increase their Patreon support.
That is so funny that you say some without evidence why his mods are bad. Some bla bla , not more. And no, i dont even know who is that modder. I say that some his models are really good, old Porsches , to be correct . And you say not," just because"

Last edited:
I don't have that issue with 1.73, but I've seen this happen before when I tested different versions. Please check if the shaders.zip in assettocorsa\extension folder has been updated, it should have a timestamp from February 24th.
If it's not the correct version, did you restart CM before updating CSP?

In my case shaders.zip had been locked by CM (or possibly some leftover AC app process, can't remember exactly), and CM had not been able to update it. Killing leftover AC app processes and restarting CM fixed it, and I got the new shaders.zip when I ran the CSP update again.

EDIT: If you use ptracker, it often leaves processes hanging after quitting AC. Those ptracker.exe processes keep the extension-folder locked, preventing the update of shaders.zip.
I also checked, and that filter you got the error of, was not in 1.72 but it's in 1.73.

Thank you !
In the meantime I tried to install csp 1.73 manually and found out that some process was blocking the folder, so some files or shaders were not updated. A restart and then manual install of csp did the trick.

Your explanation seems to be the good one, in fact, and some processes of AC may be still running after quitting AC

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back