Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,801 comments
Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

acfail.png

@mrhenkz , I believe the crash log is more useful in those cases.
I believe it's located it Documents/Assetto Corsa/logs/launcher.log
The lines at the bottom of the document should notify of an error of some kind. Most of the time I believe that's the problem.
Thanks mate, never thought of scrolling to the bottom since most symbols are fked in the document...

shi
Thank you for creating the AI and the camera.
I will include it in the update.
I do not know how to force the 'ghosting-effect' to be applied.
Sorry @shi, wouldn't know but will be interesting and rewarding to learn for future reference. Did come across a few posts (see-below) where members are discussing some-know-how - hope this may be helpful...

How about we try asking @pugsang for some current know-how assistance, since two of his latest tracks: 'Phakisa Freeway' and 'Aldo Scribante Race Circuit' have this ghosting feature applied to the pitlane.

phakisa_freeway__pitlane_01.jpg

shi
It has already done that. Thank you, however.

@racealot
Would defining this part as PIT solve the problem?
View attachment 1110290
After reviewing some replays, particularly the pit-exit/entry points, think the root-cause may be related to some cars not fitting properly within their corresponding pit-spaces - here are some pics...

Seems there are several different-sized pit-spaces - kindly review to ensure pit-spacing are alike-sized - many thanks.

arctic_circle_raceway__pit-slots_01.jpg

arctic_circle_raceway__pit-slots_02.jpg

In their rather unsuccessful attempts to leave the pit-area - chaos emerges...

arctic_circle_raceway__pit-slots_00.jpg

Reference-posts:
@Foxeway : thanks a lot for your explanation, I'm awaiting next part with impatience :)

I have some question. Does an object name nROADm (n is a number and m could be anything, like 1ROAD_009_SUB1) have a particular meaning in assetto corsa track ?
In Brands Hatch kunos track, I saw that ghost pitlane is named nPITS (15PITS and 16PITS), does it mean that if I named my object 1PITwhatever, it will still be a ghost zone ?

edit : Been able to create my first ghost lane :)
Nevertheless, to achieve that, I had to create a new object and instance (named 15PITS) but remove shadow, render etc.. as it was for kunos track ghost line. Renaming existing object was not enough.

Something we disagree on at last, apart from that Porsche on backorder ;)
I made a post awhile back on rim blur.

That designates that mesh as collision, nANYTHING... is drivable, nWall... is collidable. ANYTHING also gets listed in surfaces.ini for its properties if needed, including IS_PITLANE=
(n can start with zero (0) but can't be zero itself.( 01ROAD works but 0ROAD doesn't))

I think Assetto Corsa understands nROADm as part of the track on which you can race and nPITS as pitlane always, which means that if you do name the object 1PITwhatever, it will be recognized by the game as part of the pitlane and ghosting will be applied to this part as well. I am not 100% sure about this, so before you do it maybe backup the orignal kn5 file, but I think it should work ;)

Think you still need IS_PITLANE=1 in surfaces.ini
AC has default entries for ROAD, GRASS, KERB and SAND.

Last edited:
Practically finished F1 1970/1971, even if some versions of the cars are like "frankstein", that is, base of a car, parts migrated from cars from other games and still missing some versions because I still couldn't learn to use Zmodeler to try eliminate textures from some parts to try to create some missing cars in my own way, because even using 3dsimed, I can't eliminate them. Now it's time to test the cars on the track to see if there are any more problems, but due to health problems that are not new, we'll see if I can do it soon. For now, there are some skins of practically all the main cars of the time.
I keep seeing these skins/pics/whatever for like a year, no idea where to actually download the mod...
5th gear is absolutely useless. Guess F302 was afraid of it, idk.
If the wheels are fixed (@Shokeus version broken) I could consider adding my real-spec physics. Will try to check it out over the weekend.

I don't know what I am doing wrong with the ACFL 2015 and 2016 mod , the 2015 cars have heads flying over the car and the 2016 mod has an old tyre model and won't load...

Last edited:
Maybe you could try adding the panel mesh in either of those slots and see if it helps?
Yes, I've tried thanks :) but it does literally nothing.

Oh, in some tracks the pre-race camera set (camera_trajectory.json) creates some psychedelic flying grass, just noticed it on Curvelo and Chuckwalla. :D

Last edited:
Hi gents, here is:

The ugly Duckling

THIS IS NOT MY MOD, thx for the authors: Dmitrii A, x4fab

I made this skin and tweaked some files (ai, car, driver pos, drivetrain, power lut etc...) in data folder, added plates with 3Dsimed (cause this car ran Le Mans 1970 with official plates :)) and some other things i can't remember...

In the late sixties, Porsche needed a car to attract new customers while Volkswagen was looking to spice up its range with a new sporty model. The joint initiative between the two German manufacturers resulted in the 914, unveiled in 1969. The car came as a Volkswagen version with a flat-four engine (914-4) or as a Porsche with a flat-six (914-6). Its distribution was shared between the carmakers, depending on the target market.

The 914-6 was first entered in the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1970 by Sonauto, Porsche’s French importer. Driven by Claude Ballot-Léna and Guy Chasseuil, it finished sixth in a race devastated by atrocious weather conditions which saw only seven cars ranked (nine other cars completed the 24 Hours but had not covered enough mileage for classification). Two other 914s made the starting grid a year later but were forced out of the race. The 914 was produced until 1976, the year Porsche pulled off its third victory with the 936, the first turbocharged prototype to win the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

View attachment 1111462
View attachment 1111463
Have fun,
https://www.mediafire.com/file/1jae691wcnpksmf/porsche_914-6_sonauto.7z/file
that's a very lovely car, but the headlights don't seem to work, and I get some LOD errors about the plate in the .kn5 during loading

Good afternoon friends.. I would like to kindly know if there is any configuration for glowing brake discs for mods. Simply put, when braking, the discs heat up until they flash. Thanks
Is need aply this?

[BRAKEDISC_FX_FRONT]
ACTIVE=1
CERAMIC=0
GLOW_MULT=1
GLOW_OFFSET=0.8
LUMINOCITY_MASK=0.01, 0.08
REFLECTION_F0=0.18, 0.44
REFLECTION_SHARPNESS=80, 200
SPECULAR=0.5, 1
WEAR_MULT=1

[BRAKEDISC_FX_REAR]
ACTIVE=1
CERAMIC=0
GLOW_MULT=1
GLOW_OFFSET=0.8
LUMINOCITY_MASK=0.01, 0.08
REFLECTION_F0=0.18, 0.44
REFLECTION_SHARPNESS=80, 200
SPECULAR=0.5, 1
WEAR_MULT=1

Last edited:
If someone need a fix to the Porsche 924 GTP drivetrain, here is a fix, where we can change the gear settings,
in garage, before starting grid.

Don't forget to back up your Data folder, but mine is better, hahahaha 😂
Data - Porsche 924 GTP
Hi !
Thanks for this fix, but the top speed seems to be too slow (213Km/h), I have found between 280 and 290Km/h top speed.
Edit : and left and right mirrors are inverted, is it possible to fix also this ?

Thank you !

Last edited:
Does anyone race with Ben O Bro's Caterham 165? I noticed they like to hit the apex of curves a bit too much, to the point of hitting walls if there are some in the apexes. I'm racing them against Morgan Three Wheelers (Legion version with AI fix) and those seem to behave well so I suppose it's a car-related issue when driven by the AI.

Hi !
Thanks for this fix, but the top speed seems to be too slow (213Km/h), I have found between 280 and 290Km/h top speed.
Edit : and left and right mirrors are inverted, is it possible to fix also this ?

Thank you !
Think of the mirrors from left to right as number 0,1,2 (3,4,5 etc if the car has hood mirrors or monitors).
Create an "extension" folder inside the car's folder, and inside create an ext_config.ini (or copy one from any other car's extension folder) and fill it with this:

[REAL_MIRROR_0]
FLIP=1

[REAL_MIRROR_1]
FLIP=1

[REAL_MIRROR_2]
FLIP=1

That example will flip all 3 mirrors. Like I said first, leave whatever mirror you want flipped.
Also, FLIP=2 or FLIP=3 are useful when mirrors are upside down and/or inverted, try those anytime.

(I copied all this from some older GTP post and saved it into a .txt, I'm not that smart)

If there are any track makers or model\object experts here who need a small break from their own projects and would like to help a newbie figure something, could you please hit me up on a PM. I don't want to waste forum space going through a long winded explanation of what I can't figure out. Fingers crossed someone can help...

If there are any track makers or model\object experts here who need a small break from their own projects and would like to help a newbie figure something, could you please hit me up on a PM. I don't want to waste forum space going through a long winded explanation of what I can't figure out. Fingers crossed someone can help...
Don't worry about that, people waste forum space all the time. You're more likely to get help from an open query and others might learn from it too.

Hi gents, here is:

The ugly Duckling

THIS IS NOT MY MOD, thx for the authors: Dmitrii A, x4fab

I made this skin and tweaked some files (ai, car, driver pos, drivetrain, power lut etc...) in data folder, added plates with 3Dsimed (cause this car ran Le Mans 1970 with official plates :)) and some other things i can't remember...

In the late sixties, Porsche needed a car to attract new customers while Volkswagen was looking to spice up its range with a new sporty model. The joint initiative between the two German manufacturers resulted in the 914, unveiled in 1969. The car came as a Volkswagen version with a flat-four engine (914-4) or as a Porsche with a flat-six (914-6). Its distribution was shared between the carmakers, depending on the target market.

The 914-6 was first entered in the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1970 by Sonauto, Porsche’s French importer. Driven by Claude Ballot-Léna and Guy Chasseuil, it finished sixth in a race devastated by atrocious weather conditions which saw only seven cars ranked (nine other cars completed the 24 Hours but had not covered enough mileage for classification). Two other 914s made the starting grid a year later but were forced out of the race. The 914 was produced until 1976, the year Porsche pulled off its third victory with the 936, the first turbocharged prototype to win the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

View attachment 1111462
View attachment 1111463
Have fun,
https://www.mediafire.com/file/1jae691wcnpksmf/porsche_914-6_sonauto.7z/file

that's a very lovely car, but the headlights don't seem to work, and I get some LOD errors about the plate in the .kn5 during loading
Same issues here.
I noticed that both Plate_D.dds are different from the Plate_NM.dds (probably triggering the error messages ?)

I do have another version of this car by Underground Motorsports Development/Mac Ten (looks about the same base to me) with working headlights. I have it for so long that I forgot where I got it from.

https://sharemods.com/ddwa0ndp9hm8/porsche_914-6_gt.zip.html

porsche.png

Last edited:
Can anyone help how to make a car take corners less aggressively when driven by AI? I'm racing two different car models, and one of them almost always hits walls that are close to apexes. I'm pasting the AI file of the car:

Code:
[HEADER]
VERSION=4

[GEARS]
UP=7650                                ; Upchange gear at value RPM (also used for automatic gearbox assist)
DOWN=80                                ; Downshift gear at value RPM (also used for automatic gearbox assist)
SLIP_THRESHOLD=1.5                        ; Slipratio permitted for AI driving
GAS_CUTOFF_TIME=0.350                        ; Gearchange time needed for AI control

[PEDALS]
GASGAIN=2.0
BRAKE_HINT=0.91
TRAIL_HINT=0.72

[STEER]
STEER_GAIN=2.21

[LOOKAHEAD]
BASE=21.2
GAS_BRAKE_LOOKAHEAD=3

[ULTRA_GRIP]
VALUE=1.1

Hi !

Thank you !
Hi.

Did you replace the entire 'data' folder? If yes, you should be able to choose top gear up to 288 km/h.
That's why I was working on it. ;)

1644019128677.png

I can set all gears, to what suits me better for each track.

As for the mirrors, do you have the BL Cars/BL Lights APP?

Cheers

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back