Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,807 comments
Volkswagen Golf MK1 Club Track v1.4 (full car upload).

v1.4 CSP wipers added by El_Locho; Skin template added by Norms; Refractive front lights & flames & added by Mr Hunt; Flame tweak by rt3c; No55, No72, No111 skins added by Alguecool; Coca-Cola, Eni, Fresh & Clean, GoPro, K&N, Lavazza, Macs, MOMO, Pepsi, Repsol, Rock Oil, & Valvoline skins added by Mascot.

(v1.35 New shifting animation; Gearstick repositioned; Rev limit revised; Steer ratio adjusted; FFB adjusted; Shader revisions; New LODs; Fixed auto-shifting)

My skin pack (included):
(note: These are fictional skins for a fictional car and might not comply with Skin Mafia Rules and Regulations. The template alignment wasn't great, and logos needed adjusting to compensate for general stretching/warping. All errors are mine. All concerns are yours).

Screenshot (109).png Screenshot (110).png Screenshot (111).png Screenshot (112).png

Download:
(will be up until WeTransfer remove it, normally after a week or so. Note to drive-by mod harvesters from the future: you snooze, you lose)

Wishlist for the community:
Cockpit AO
Rear refractive lights, blinkers etc

Teamwork makes the dream work.

Last edited:
Apparently it's more accurate compared to the real one - but still looks off a bit compared to Kunos' very own M4 from ACC lol
Thank you for your reply, that's very interesting to know. It's too bad the car itself is perhaps the most ugly thing I have ever set eyes on. I know they're trying to go for that 1970s Beamer look but goodness me, it's heinous. And somehow adding a racing bodykit on it has made it even worse, which might be a first! Those wheel arches... 🤢
Paywall yes, but v0.8 from CHQ was improved last weekend by the author and Pyyer itself with the help from the community and runs smooth like silk, also at night.
Where can I find the CHQ version of Yas Marina and how many grid entries does it support? I was excited to see that the version of Yas Marina posted a page or two back supports 30. I've got a super beefy CPU so I like enormous grids.

v1.4 CSP wipers added by El_Locho; Skin template added by Norms; Refractive front lights & flames & added by Mr Hunt; Flame tweak by rt3c; No55, No72, No111 skins added by Alguecool; Coca-Cola, Eni, Fresh & Clean, GoPro, K&N, Lavazza, Macs, MOMO, Pepsi, Repsol, Rock Oil, & Valvoline skins added by Mascot.

(v1.35 New shifting animation; Gearstick repositioned; Rev limit revised; Steer ratio adjusted; FFB adjusted; Shader revisions; New LODs; Fixed auto-shifting)

My skin pack (included):
(note: These are fictional skins for a fictional car and might not comply with Skin Mafia Rules and Regulations. The template alignment wasn't great, and logos needed adjusting to compensate for general stretching/warping. All errors are mine. All concerns are yours).

View attachment 1210133 View attachment 1210134 View attachment 1210135 View attachment 1210136

Download:
(will be up until WeTransfer remove it, normally after a week or so. Note to drive-by mod harvesters from the future: you snooze, you lose)

Cockpit AO

Thank you Sir M. (even those fictional skins for a fictional car are wrong :lol:)

Paywall yes, but v0.8 from CHQ was improved last weekend by the author and Pyyer itself with the help from the community and runs smooth like silk, also at night.
Still if you analyze closely despite same base there is a lot of added details in version posted on gtp. Pyyer added his bells and whistles to chq but not objects. Also AI is just terrible. Personally the difference is that important that for myself I'm moving some of Pyyer stuff to that version (geodata is the same -crowd, displays). Hope Pyyer will still release proper extension to this new version.

My skin pack (included):

View attachment 1210133 View attachment 1210134 View attachment 1210135 View attachment 1210136

Download:

Cockpit AO

Fantastic. I have two skins in mind, but they just need a wing to make them a real car with a great history!

Attachments

• 20526274_1451293054953057_223403040481911744_n.jpg
    20526274_1451293054953057_223403040481911744_n.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 20525750_1451293051619724_9092188059032131672_n.jpg
    20525750_1451293051619724_9092188059032131672_n.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 12

My skin pack (included):

Download:

Cockpit AO

Such a hurry, doesn't even let me do some more :)

Nice job, mate !

Another skin question. Anyone have a good carbon image they could share. The one I made awhile ago works, but the colors are a little off. Gives kind of a purple sheen to the carbon areas. I could edit it, but if someone has one, that would be easier. I'm trying to help someone with a car skin. Thanks...
hi joe, maybe any of these are to your liking

Attachments

• carbon.zip
    675.3 KB · Views: 10
@XaleroZ and @jac0

Not sure how to reply to two posts at the same time and I always get yelled at by the mods when I make two consecutive posts, so just wanted to say thanks for these. I'll see if they work better than what I came up with.

@XaleroZ and @jac0

Not sure how to reply to two posts at the same time and I always get yelled at by the mods when I make two consecutive posts, so just wanted to say thanks for these. I'll see if they work better than what I came up with.
You should press the "+Quote" button on each post you want to reply to , instead of using the "Reply" button...
Then down in the clean post window you press "Insert Quotes" , and then you add what you want to reply.
Pretty counter-intuitive if you ask me ;)

PS: don't know if you know this, but you can always grab any carbon (or whatever texture ) you like from any car (except encrypted ones) , via CM Showroom... click on the part of the car that has the texture you like, and then export them using the 3 dots and then export button.

It runs smoother than before yes, but at night it looks like a nuclear explosion happened (latest SOL/CSP)
ad1.png

ad2.png

Same conditions/settings for the Yas Marina (BAI Zhantang and so on) posted a couple of days ago by @ClaudioWRC74. Looks a bit more like the rest of my tracks:

ym1.png

ym2.png

No idea what causes the overexposion, but even track exposure to minimum in SOL config doesn't help.

Last edited:
You should press the "+Quote" button on each post you want to reply to , instead of using the "Reply" button...
Then down in the clean post window you press "Insert Quotes" , and then you add what you want to reply.
Pretty counter-intuitive if you ask me ;)

PS: don't know if you know this, but you can always grab any carbon (or whatever texture ) you like from any car (except encrypted ones) , via CM Showroom... click on the part of the car that has the texture you like, and then export them using the 3 dots and then export button.
Thanks for the reply info. Never did understand how that's done.

I tried the method you described to get the actual carbon texture, but it was sized all wrong and looked weird on the car. And I never could get the look right even after trying to resize it and make a full carbon image to use. Not real good at the image editing stuff for things like that. I can edit a tree or grass texture, but suck with the car stuff.

Last edited:
I'd like to use this post to say a general thanks to all the modders who've made good content that has been posted recently. I appreciate your work and would have said thanks, but that means I might have to have put my head above the parapet and risk getting yelled at again. 🤬

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't just go cold turkey with this junk. You need to ween yourself off it slowly.

View attachment 1210217 View attachment 1210218
Have you gotten to the point yet where you move a logo one pixel left, test the skin. Move it one pixel right, test again. Put it back where it was and test a third time before you realize that only you would notice the difference. If so, then you probably need a break.

Have you gotten to the point yet where you move a logo one pixel left, test the skin. Move it one pixel right, test again. Put it back where it was and test a third time before you realize that only you would notice the difference. If so, then you probably need a break.
Now that you mention it, I did find myself editing individual pixels with that Q8 skin...

It runs smoother than before yes, but at night it looks like a nuclear explosion happened (latest SOL/CSP)
View attachment 1210196

View attachment 1210198

Same conditions/settings for the Yas Marina (BAI Zhantang and so on) posted a couple of days ago by @ClaudioWRC74. Looks a bit more like the rest of my tracks:

View attachment 1210201

View attachment 1210202
No idea what causes the overexposion, but even track exposure to minimum in SOL config doesn't help.
CHQ with Pyyer extension and latest CSP & latest Pure, pure PPfilter

Attachments

• Screenshot_holden_monaro_1968_abu_dhabi_2021_chq_23-10-122-21-55-5.jpg
    Screenshot_holden_monaro_1968_abu_dhabi_2021_chq_23-10-122-21-55-5.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_holden_monaro_1968_abu_dhabi_2021_chq_23-10-122-21-54-17.jpg
    Screenshot_holden_monaro_1968_abu_dhabi_2021_chq_23-10-122-21-54-17.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 15
Hello
I am doing light extensions on GPK tracks and I would like to know if it is possible to turn on the lights when it rains
I do not find in the conditions a function which allows to know what weather conditions are in progress on the track
Thanks in advance to those who will answer me.:)
Zuno toto

I would like to know if it is possible to turn on the lights when it rains
It should be possible.

Code:
RAIN: rain intensity, from 0 to 1.

RAIN_WETNESS: returns track wetness (quickly raises to 1 as rain starts).

RAIN_WATER: returns amount of water on a track (slowly rises to track intensity and stays, defines puddles).

CHQ with Pyyer extension and latest CSP & latest Pure, pure PPfilter

This has been my experience as well.
Edit: The looking good part, I mean.
Thanks for checking. On my side (I reinstalled) it keeps looking nuclear with all filters/possible settings, this while no other of my tracks has lighting issues. So maybe it’s been made for use with Pure only ?
So useless for me. Good thing the other version works.
Anyone using SOL has issues like this ?

View attachment 1210196

View attachment 1210198

View attachment 1210201

View attachment 1210202
@Fanapryde @Pyyer Me too the same thing with Pure 0.148, the lights are too bright on the CHQ 0.8 In ext_config.ini (original layout) there are no lines for [LIGHT_SERIES] maybe that's it? in the BAI Zhantang version and so on it's perfect For the CHQ 0.8 version the ext_config.ini file is in an "extension" folder outside the circuit folder and the values [LIGHT_SERIES] 0, 1, 2 .... are not the same what do you think ???

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back