FORMULA 1 Gran Premio Heineken D'Italia 2018Formula 1 

• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 267 comments
I'm not exactly a fan of Lewis but **** the crowd for that booing, you've gotten the lockout. No need to be like that if the team you are cheering for have already beaten them

Wow, what a fantastic quali! Bellisimo!

New track record set what, 6 times? Plus, it's the outright fastest lap in F1. Looking forward to seeing the onboard. Took quite a while, considering the past few changes benefited cornering a lot more than straightline speed. Seemed like for a few seasons Monza laps kept getting slower because of extra drag and so on.

Pevious lap record beaten 6 times consecutively, with 1.6 litre engines.

My old 1.3 litre Vauxhall (Opel) Astra that I had 30 years ago isn’t looking so bad now ;)

That was a nailbiting qualifying right to the end.

Great qualifying! Happy for Kimi, but realistically if the ran in that order after T1, then they have to swap places later on for the sake of their championship bid. And Alonso.... What a clown! Misjudged positioning he's car and was too close to K-Mag. But rather than apologizing for ruining Magnussen's lap, he goes to blame the other driver for being in his way!

Great qualifying! Happy for Kimi, but realistically if the ran in that order after T1, then they have to swap places later on for the sake of their championship bid. And Alonso.... What a clown! Misjudged positioning he's car and was too close to K-Mag. But rather than apologizing for ruining Magnussen's lap, he goes to blame the other driver for being in his way!

Yeah, absolutely right. I'll admit Alonso is my favourite driver 'cause he's not only got skill, but quite a bit of fire about him as well, but he's wrong blaming Magnussen here. If anybody was at fault it was Alonso IMO.

I'd like to think deep down Seb is enjoying this. Plus they're gonna swap anyway tomorrow.
I hope they put on a show tomorrow - still too many boring races in F1, but it looks tight at Monza this year. I reckon it may be engineered to hand Vettel the win, but I would expect Ferrari to not swap their positions if Kimi holds a clear lead throughout (though I reckon that is unlikely)...

I hope they put on a show tomorrow - still too many boring races in F1, but it looks tight at Monza this year. I reckon it may be engineered to hand Vettel the win, but I would expect Ferrari to not swap their positions if Kimi holds a clear lead throughout (though I reckon that is unlikely)...

The Midfield is gonna be huge fun tomorrow I reckon.

MAG was, shall we say optimistic, maybe he got frustrated behind ALO (who has a problem with MAG to begin with), dunno.. in any case.. both drivers look stupid here..

I'm not exactly a fan of Lewis but **** the crowd for that booing, you've gotten the lockout. No need to be like that if the team you are cheering for have already beaten them

That's just how it is at Monza, there are only two Italian teams and therefore only two teams the fans are interested in. Hamilton always gets booed there, iirc a few years ago he said he'd pay to have that privilege :)

I think we can comfortably say the Williams is no longer the slowest car on the grid.

Well, that is dependent on the track isn't it? Williams have the Mercedes lump and Monza is overwhelmingly positive toward simple power (look at the borderline comical aero-lengths Red Bull has gone to in order to stay in touch with the field at this track). On a more varied track, Williams is still friggin' woeful.

Bugger-all downforce and a Mercedes engine. Stroll was 4th on the grid last year, this year he's tenth. Just sayin' :D

Begs the question though- wonder if Stroll would've been further down on a drier track. Not to discredit the achievement of course, but it was a hand-in-hand help I would say.

That's just how it is at Monza, there are only two Italian teams and therefore only two teams the fans are interested in. Hamilton always gets booed there, iirc a few years ago he said he'd pay to have that privilege :)
Do you think this year we could say there’s 2.5 Italian teams? Ferrari, TR, and the half being Sauber Alfa Romeo. The Sauber is half a Ferrari anyways :P

Pretty ridiculous that they don't flag that nr15 off the track with his broken front wing. Different safety standards in F2?

I don't know about you guys, but I just can't get used to the new start times. Every raceday, the final 2 hours feel like I'm in school on the dullest of days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn have to work today so gonna watch when I get home. First one this year I'm not watching live

Latest Posts

Back