CIRCUIT LENGTH
4.381KM

RACE DISTANCE
306.63KM

LAP
RECORD

1:19.071 BY MICHAEL SCHUMACHER (2004)

Red Bull taking the top times... again

This is one of the tracks where they're expected to do really well... let's see how that works out. Would be good to see a proper battle, if we get one it'll be between the Ferraris and the RBRs, I don't see Mercedes doing anything other than a safe consolidation of 5th and 6th.

This is one of the tracks where they're expected to do really well... let's see how that works out. Would be good to see a proper battle, if we get one it'll be between the Ferraris and the RBRs, I don't see Mercedes doing anything other than a safe consolidation of 5th and 6th.
I think the problem is two fold;
1. The quali modes Ferrari and Merc have put them above Red Bull
2. Overtaking is very hard, only opportunity is into the T1-2 complex, which all tyres being equal makes life harder still for RB

I hope we get some mixed conditions, or some madness in quali to shake it up a little. I'd like to see Seb and Lewis fighting from the back

I hope we get some mixed conditions, or some madness in quali to shake it up a little. I'd like to see Seb and Lewis fighting from the back

There's a chance of rain on Saturday and a lesser chance on Sunday... I agree it would be good to see the weather shake things up a bit, especially at such a challenging track.

Here's the Saturday/Sunday forecasts as of the time of this post:
hungsaturday.JPG
hungsunday.JPG

I think it will be Seb first from Max, then Kimi and Dan. Then Mercs.
Max goes round the outside for the lead, slightly exceeding track limits, no penalty, forums raging for whole summer break.

adb
I think it will be Seb first from Max, then Kimi and Dan. Then Mercs.
Max goes round the outside for the lead, slightly exceeding track limits, no penalty, forums raging for whole summer break.
Hahaaa, I was already thinking today, “I who will take the alternate line through T1 this weekend.” :P

Mercedes looking ragged in all practice sessions. I think it’ll be a repeat of last year, unless rain comes and spices it up!

Luckily I can follow the qualification via grandprixradio.nl before we proceed our journey. No tv broadcast over here...

Good call of Renault to send them out on US

Last edited:
Fast and Furious: Budapest Drift

I don't think the last 5 can possibly get back to top 10 anymore.

Last edited:
I still find it absolute ******** that lap times aren't invalidated, yet again, when someone goes 4 wheels off track.

The rules still state, 2 wheels on the track. Raikkonen was 4 wheels left of the rumble strip and now goes through with his 1.32
It might be like Luffield at Silverstone. I spent the British GP watching people running wide at the corner, and eventually asked why nobody was being punished, but apparently for some corners like that one, the drivers are told that as long as two wheels are still on the kerbs it's legal.

I mean, its complete bullturd because there shouldn't be different rules for different corners, but they've probably been told they're not going to get punished there.

The rules still state, 2 wheels on the track. Raikkonen was 4 wheels left of the rumble strip and now goes through with his 1.32
:lol:

They only invalidate quali times when an advantage has been gained.
I don’t think anyone gained an advantage by aquaplaning(?) off the track onto the painted surfaces :lol:

Full wet session for q3?

the drivers are told that as long as two wheels are still on the kerbs it's legal.

That I don't mind, it's accepted that the kerbs are part of the track. Kimi (I think it was him) was 4 wheels beyond the kerb.

Disastrous day at the office for Ricciardo! Still, it could easily have been worse - he was lucky to make it to Q2!

Back