Formula 1 FORMULA 1 ROLEX MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ 2018

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Dennisch, Jul 27, 2018.

1. BrainsBush

BrainsBush

Well done Mercedes. tbh not expected. RBR very disappointed...

2. baldgye

baldgye

Boom! Mega session!

Also I think Max might be getting a penalty for clearly blocking Romain in the last corner...

3. PaMu1337

PaMu1337

Poor performance by Red Bull today

4. baldgye

baldgye

Congratulations to Riccy for getting Driver of the Day tomorrow!

5. PaMu1337

PaMu1337

If his engine doesn't blow up again.

LMSCorvetteGT2 and LordExia like this.
  6. Touring Mars

Touring Mars Moderator

Best qualifying session of the season!

Great job by Toro Rosso today - 6th and 8th :cheers:

7. baldgye

baldgye

Hartley is really able to show his experience when mixed conditions come in. Glad he’s able to have a good few weekends

8. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin (Banned)

Every time anyone has that "oh the rookie" thought about Hartley, remember that he drove a Porsche 919 Hybrid LMP1 and did great with that.

Whodoyouthink and baldgye like this.
  9. LordExia

LordExia

I wasn't expecting to see Lewis on pole...though not really surprised to be honest. I really thought Vettel had this in the bag today. Now...what's the deal with Red Bull?? What's up with those tire choices for Ricciardo...seems like every single call was the wrong call? :odd:

Both Toro Rosso in the top 10, who would have thought!! This should be a very interesting race tomorrow :lol:

10. PaMu1337

PaMu1337

Best qualy of the last few years!

11. baldgye

baldgye

Turn one is going to be interesting, Ferrari are lighting off the line, but who will get the better start of the two?

I hope we get a repeat of Silverstone with the two teams fighting it out on track before the first stop. Everyone (assuming it’s dry) will have fresh ultras. Should be a good fight. I’d like to see Kimi get given a decent strategy, he’s performed better this season than last and it’d be nice to see him wheel to wheel battle.

Called it!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    LMSCorvetteGT2 likes this.
  12. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

He'll probably get a reprimand, due to conditions make it hard to see

13. LordExia

LordExia

What's the weather looking like tomorrow? If it is in the same condition as today, that race might be very interesting to watch. Maybe it's just me but Hungary tends to be one of those processional race with difficulty to overtake and the weather coming into play could really spice things up.

14. baldgye

baldgye

Not sure, he ruined Romains best lap. Max’s engineer should have told him he was coming up fast

15. twitcher

twitcher

Just caught up on the presser from Thursday. That was actually one of the more interesting ones I can remember watching. Decent questions, interesting answers.

I think Sainz’s idea of a spec race at Macau is actually pretty cool. Same with seeing the team principles race :p

16. baldgye

baldgye

No further action

[​IMG]

17. Touring Mars

Touring Mars Moderator

The way he speaks to the team, it is a wonder he hasn't quit or been sacked by now. While Alonso's comments can be amusing, they are also symptomatic of a complete breakdown in relations, morale and respect. Alonso is still a great driver, but he's just embarrassing himself and his team by carrying on.

18. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

Exactly the reason I gave the conditions are always considered in these situations, despite who is or isn't on a fast lap.

Quakebass, EDK and TenEightyOne like this.
  19. baldgye

baldgye

I think it had more to do with Gasley backing up Max more than the conditions...

20. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

The second paragraph is what is important, if these were clear conditions Max wouldn't have gotten away with this even if Gasly was a supposed issue. If this was a dry track with clear vision, it would have been a penalty on either Max or Gasly.

21. baldgye

baldgye

it'd be alot more embarasing if they where last with zero points though

22. Whodoyouthink

Whodoyouthink

I really thought Raikkonen may of had it (pole I mean). I don't know how Lewis does it. It's almost annoying how textbook the sessions end up. You'd think this would be the qualifying that the usual guys get caught out, but it didn't seem to matter much. Great job on Mercedes's part on being extra prepared, just would be more interesting to see a bit of a mix up.

EDK likes this.
  23. baldgye

baldgye

The biggest shock is how far off Red Bull are, fair play to Bottas tho I thought Kimi had him beat for p2.

This season is insane

Whodoyouthink likes this.
  24. AMG 4 LIFE

AMG 4 LIFE

Lewis rainmaster

Oswald07 likes this.
  25. Hammertime44

Hammertime44

yes listening to that he has already made his mind up for next year,across the pond and not in the wash out at the moment:D

Lewis the rain master... :bowdown:

AMG 4 LIFE likes this.
  26. niky

niky Moderator

The final times don't show it, because by then, everyone had had a number of laps on the fully wet track... but Lewis was over a second clear of Kimi and Valterri on the first set of laps in Q3.

That's telling.

27. PaMu1337

PaMu1337

Leclerc out already...

28. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin (Banned)

And Sauber said they're not working on this year's car anymore and focusing on next year. First race after they say that and the car has reliability issues. Nice....

29. PaMu1337

PaMu1337

Heavy hit on Ricciardo, amazing he doesn't have more damage.

30. niky

niky Moderator

Benefit of having your team-mate on the front row: You've pretty much got T1 sealed off.

This is the job Bottas needs to have been doing from the start of the year.

-

So... ho hum... everyone except Ricciardo where we expect them to end up... and he's had a bump. Let's see if he can actually make up places.