Gran Turismo just teased Spa, Maybe?

• Thread starter MXR_Sparky
  • 361 comments
In the very next line, I said 'unless....' and gave multiple reasons.
It doesn't even need that caveat. We didn't say that there was a new-to-the-series track coming, thus we can't be "currently incorrect" for doing so.

It doesn't even need that caveat. We didn't say that there was a new-to-the-series track coming, thus we can't be "currently incorrect" for doing so.

didn't in what way?

There's a news article saying that is what you thought, based on stuff you had heard. I am very strong about the difference between confirmed and rumoured so obviously I know that you never said 100% a new to the series track was coming, merely that you said it was, based on what you had heard. It seems as that slight difference is the discussion here.

I had earlier in the day posted that it was maybe misinformation given to GTPlanet, although that post along with many others were rightfully deleted.

There's also the idea that Spa is currently (to the best of my knowledge) only confirmed to be used at the live event, and in no way confirmed for the update, although of course likely.

(I have yet to see the most recent livestream so maybe this is now confirmed).

didn't in what way?
In the way of not doing it.

I have quoted the line in question from the article in question several times now:

Nothing is solid enough to report on yet, but if what we are hearing is true another real-world circuit — which has never before appeared in a Gran Turismo game — is coming to GT Sport
I've made it red now just to help.

In the way of not doing it.

I have quoted the line in question from the article in question several times now:

I've made it red now just to help.

Which is exactly why I previously have said it was potential misinformation given to you.

Which is exactly why I previously have said it was potential misinformation given to you.
I'm not sure what the disconnect is here.

You said that "even the GTP Admins are currently incorrect as they said a new to the series track". I pointed out that we didn't say that. We can't be "currently incorrect" for saying something we didn't say.

It's irrelevant what "misinformation" you think we were given, or what caveats you've put in about other tracks coming as well as Spa that might make the claim you said we've said right, because we never said it. We're not "currently incorrect" about it because we didn't say it.

It's irrelevant what "misinformation" you think we were given, or what caveats you've put in about other tracks coming as well as Spa that might make the claim you said we've said right, because we never said it. We're not "currently incorrect" about it because we didn't say it.

You spread a rumour that is currently incorrect? is that closer to correct?

No. What's actually wrong with you?

@Jordan made it crystal clear that this was absolutely uncorroborated and not something we could or would report on in the article. I've quoted it three times for you and made it bold and red. How on Earth are you still on this bizarre notion that we said a new-to-the-series track was coming?

No. What's actually wrong with you?

@Jordan made it crystal clear that this was absolutely uncorroborated and not something we could or would report on in the article. I've quoted it three times for you and made it bold and red. How on Earth are you still on this bizarre notion that we said a new-to-the-series track was coming?

This entire exchange made my head hurt, why do people needlessly want to pick for holes in anything GTP staff say?

Is it just me or why is there faint text underneath it saying things about Gr3 and Interlagos, repeated twice one over another?

So this is the text on the right hand side of that picture and it's flipped, what I can make out is GR.3, something Internatioal speedway, racing hards and 6 laps

Attachments

• LRM_EXPORT_125682163195923_20190823_221910534.jpeg
    LRM_EXPORT_125682163195923_20190823_221910534.jpeg
    8.2 KB · Views: 61
So this is the text on the right hand side of that picture and it's flipped, what I can make out is GR.3, something Internatioal speedway, racing hards and 6 laps
It says:

Manufacturer Series | Race 3
Category: Gr.3
Track: Fuji International Speedway
Tyre Selection: Racing Hard
Number of Laps: 6 Laps
Fuel Consumption Rate: 2x
Tyre Wear Rate: 10x

In the Friday live interview. He mentioned visiting the track. (I hope I heard it right.)
Yes, Michelin's track at Clermont-Ferrand. That's the Ladoux proving grounds.

Clermont-Ferrand is also home to one of the prettiest race tracks in the world: Circuit de Charade, which is built on the side of a volcano

I'm more interested in the texts on the left side. Double mentions of Interlagos, as well as the exact same "Top 6 Qualifier" as on the visible page. Adding to that the visible text has a ton of jpg artifacts around it while the rest of the picture has virtually none, it looks every bit a mediocre 'shop job but apparently is real.

It's easy to comprehend, gtp is a serious website so they can't spread rumours that will deteriorate their relation with kaz/PD etc. They can't break embargo for the same reason. They can only report rumours based on something they verified and that is likely to spread no matter what, or report "solid" rumours using conditional and/or vague details.

Basically if they heard/saw that PD is working on track "XYZ", but that they are not sure whether it is for GT sport or GT7 they can write "Rumours are saying PD is working on a new track never seen in the GT serie"
Nowhere it says it will come next update. Nowhere it suggests it will come in GT sport. They just report something solid enough to be mentioned but not solid enough/not close enough to release to be detailed more.

In the Friday live interview. He mentioned visiting the track. (I hope I heard it right.)

At the 16min mark of the video, but I didn't hear him say the track was coming in October.... Or did I miss that ?

Kaz did described the whole ordeal quite passionately and even romantically.... So I think there will be some great chance that it would come to GT.... Pending of course Michelin allow this track to be made public and risk other tire manufacturers to duplicate for themselves....

Circuit de Charade would be a very nice addition to the game, keeping in mind that even though it has ties with Michelin/near their offices, doesn’t mean that it’ll come to the game.

iirc there’s a pretty good documentary about it on YouTube, worth a watch :)

RIP Spa memes 2017-2019. You will sorely be missed. I loved the hilarious comments, the epic complaints and the incessant behaviours of some users who just couldn't get over the fact that their favourite track was NOT in GT Sport. Now that it is, your little lives are complete. Bang the gongs, cue the avalanche of gifs, it's happening.

Circuit de Charade is indeed gorgeous :

Circuit_de_Charade-scenery_3.jpg
course-charade-ferrari-1600x900.jpg

Not sure if we will get this track due to partnerships but would be nice if possible. Like the vibe too there is mix of Nurburgring and Maggiore from what I have seen.

Didn't know about this gem of a track, looks epic.

Re Spa, looking forward to seeing how it looks on the current gen console with PD's touch

Back