Gran Turismo Sport 1.31 Update Now Available: 7 New Cars, New Tokyo Track and More

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 591 comments
No brand new GT League events??? Real shame. The new cars look great though. I'll be definitely buying... Ferrari F50, Pontiac Trans Am and FZ.

Interesting to see that they added an FIA Museum. Ill be checking that out for sure.

The Tokyo Expressway South Loops at night reminds me so much of Special Stage R5.

So, I just drove the corvette and the entire screen goes red from cockpit view (in sunlight conditions) like my eyes are bloodshot. Is it just me? Seems way overdone as an effect.

I also noticed that dashboard reflection are a bit too much, to the point I can barely see anything in front, mostly the corvette and the Z.

Weird and approximative tuning on most of the new cars , only the Chevette and Tesla are sane and well balanced in my opinion , Pontiac and M3 also are not bad.
P1 , F50 and GReddy Fugu Z are killed by a very poor base tune. F50 move almost like an FF car . A shame. I just hope the settings range will allow to correct those bad behaviors.

Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray Sport Coupe '63 = 100,000 Cr.
Tesla Motors
Model S Signature Performance ' 12 = 92,000 Cr.
Pontiac
Firebird Trans Am '78 = 75,000 Cr.
McLaren
P1 GTR '16 = 3,600,000 Cr.
BMW
M3 Coupé '07 = 93,000 Cr.
Ferrari
F50 '95 = 1,900,000 Cr.
Greddy
Fugu Z = 300,000 Cr.

Dame it only have just under 6 mill, so do I go for the F50 or P1 GTR mmhh, P1 in group X so not really usalbe at all,, 1.9 Mill for a N500 Car 1.9 Really PD

Yay the Cat is back

Last edited:
Did they fix the engine note of the Honda Beat? It is supposed to sound like a three cylinder revving all the way up to 9,000 rpm. Instead, it sounds like a four cylinder revving up to 6,500 rpm (even when the in game tachometer and in car tachometer display 9,000).

It's a small error, but it's an obvious error for sure.

This alleged change is not working by the way: "7. Controller - The DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller and steering controllers will now have an automatic switching system. When the throttle or brake on one type of controller is pressed while driving, that controller will be enabled and the other controller disabled."

People are still able to use de DS4 to be faster with the wheel, as you can see on this thread https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/possible-new-bug-blinking-braking-indicator.383758/

Game is basically broken at the moment. If you know how to do the trick, you'll be miles faster.

God PD is 100% class right now. I get so engrossed in the trailers and the scape scenes of the new cars, watching all the sensationally detailed lighting effects and smooth contoured reflections on the cars and georgeous details in the roads. Just... aargghh never stop being PD.

The Real Driving Simulator!

I spent more time installing the update than playing it!

Sounds still suck (F50 sounds like an old Datsun)
Tyre model sucks (lack of longitudinal grip in 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd gear)
OTT spin outs
Game still wants to reset your car when you're off track for a couple of seconds
Earn rate for credits is poor vs. what costs to acquire certain cars
Chase the rabbit model still prevalent offline - it doesn't matter what you're racing, you'll catch them in the final lap or two
Online racing is dirty, horrible penalty system, clunky crash model
Where's the proper clutch engagement?
Where's the proper steering angles when using a wheel?
Where's the function to turn your headlights at will so you can actually see your dashboard gauges?
Weather, time of day still non-existent
Cars with unrealistic torque curves resulting in higher speeds in sections of track vs. reality
Incorrect gearing in cars (F40, 22B)

I guess the game load times are pretty good though compared to other games.....

Cry me a river. If you have so many issues with the game, you literally don’t have to play it. No one’s forcing you. At least PD are working on trying to fix some of these things.

Yeah CJ, please share?

Clearly buried in the spaghetti bowl of menus somewhere.

p. s. I've been GT'ing since Gran Turismo 1, hardly a noob. But maybe that just means I see issues others don't and am happy to call them out, rather than pretend this is a 10/10 title that can do no wrong..

Yeah CJ, please share?

Clearly buried in the spaghetti bowl of menus somewhere.

p. s. I've been GT'ing since Gran Turismo 1, hardly a noob. But maybe that just means I see issues others don't and am happy to call them out, rather than pretend this is a 10/10 title that can do no wrong..

It's in the penalty settings I think

The Tesla Model S is actually quite easy and fun to drive. It feels half its mass, and it's rather well planted in spite of being a RR. Its ABS feels wonky as heck though; doesn't even prevent the wheels from slipping, and it's a nightmare on downhill braking zones.

Abysmal top speed, though. Could only hit 217km/h (135mph) on the downhill into the tunnel of Tokyo East.

Also, I strongly suspect these electric cars are in Gr. X because PD can't replicate battery life for some reason. 10 laps of Tokyo East Inner Loop with 10x tyre and fuel, and INFINITE POOWEEERRRGH.

I'm liking this update. The new Tokyo Expressway layout makes it a good track for Gr.1 cars and it definitely reminds me of the Special Stage Route tracks.

As for the cars, so far I've only tried the FuguZ and F50. The FuguZ is now on my list of favorite road cars and F50 giving me Hot Pursuit vibes. Gonna have to run a lobby someday with cops and robbers.

Ummmmm.....so the update is 2.8 gb, I have 32 gb of storage, and it says it can't download because there isn't enough room. This game tires me the hell out....

Well M3 07 is another enjoyable car.
The F50 might be the best car of the update. Racing it in the new track with chicane and with some practice it becomes a challenging but fun ride.
Both F40 and F50 are awesome, yay

Latest Posts

Back