GT Sport's 2020 Updates to be "Modest", Three New Cars Coming Next Week

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 514 comments
At least the GT-One is much faster than the 787B and the Porsche 962c already in the game and i guess than the Bugatti VGT and the Nismo GTR LM too.

Given that Mazda and Oreca were focused purely on reliable race pace, you can't really compare based on quali times from Le Mans.

Looks like a sign of favoring GT-Rs over Z cars.

It's hardly surprising. GTR is a much more famous car than a Z. I like 350z and 370z also for the NA RWD aspect, but in terms of overall appeal the gtr is the clear halo car. If you ever see them next to each other (like in Nissan's Yokohama Global Headquarters) the GTR will leave you impressed, the 370z is more like a neat sports car but not more.

mef
It's hardly surprising. GTR is a much more famous car than a Z. I like 350z and 370z also for the NA RWD aspect, but in terms of overall appeal the gtr is the clear halo car. If you ever see them next to each other (like in Nissan's Yokohama Global Headquarters) the GTR will leave you impressed, the 370z is more like a neat sports car but not more.
That's debatable. The Z was Nissan's first global sports car. It's much more popular by numbers. Skyline name has been out longer, but GT-R really didn't pick up globally, until about the R32 debut.

The 370Z is a bit unfortunate. Sports cars are having to deal with the SUV boom. Plus, as those in the know leak bits of info, the Z is due for a refresh.

At the same time, the GT-R isn't selling in great numbers either.

So we've been told that the PS5 will definitely be "Backwards Compatible", I'm presuming they mean just for PS4 Games ...👍
Which means we can continue to play GT Sport on it straightaway, but with better Graphics / Frame Refresh Speed. :cool:
As all of the newly modeled cars have surely been done to a PS5 graphical standard.
(Otherwise PD would need to re-do every single one)

So why would you pay anything for a slightly updated version ?
The PS5 version of GT would need to offer a lot more, or be more like the earlier versions (i.e. a Wide Variety of Cars, including the Everyday ones we own or drive)

Which means we can continue to play GT Sport on it straightaway, but with better Graphics / Frame Refresh Speed. :cool:
Im only guessing but logically speaking they won't do that , i mean why would they do that when they are already work on the next game?. Also you forget a very important thing the lack of offline saves if they don't allow offline saves you won't be able to do anything (i mean you could but why would you bother ?) .

That depends on what you mean by slightly if it has a new physics engine (Aka different gameplay) , new/more/better content , new/more/improved features and being actually functional thats a bit more than "Slightly improved" .

So we've been told that the PS5 will definitely be "Backwards Compatible", I'm presuming they mean just for PS4 Games ...👍
As all of the newly modeled cars have surely been done to a PS5 graphical standard.
(Otherwise PD would need to re-do every single one)

The PS5 version of GT would need to offer a lot more, or be more like the earlier versions (i.e. a Wide Variety of Cars, including the Everyday ones we own or drive)
They said this for the PS4, but it ended up being a streaming service. I’d take it for a grain of salt for now.

I feel that the concept of Gran Turismo Sport is done. Like its over, we lived this experiment and its time to move on.

I assume you guys have Forza 7 and you know they did a complete makeover and it was semi successful IMO.

They would need say 50% more content ontop of what's on GT Sport and it would need something truly compelling for me to buy a new damn console.

I think PD learnt their lesson and they're going to go all out on single and online play.

All I would really like is the ability to port your savegame from GT Sport.

They said this for the PS4, but it ended up being a streaming service. I’d take it for a grain of salt for now.
They never said there was BC for PS4.

PS4 BC on PS5 is 100% confirmed. The question is whether this will be straight 1:1 BC or enhanced BC. Even if it’s 1:1 BC there could also be separate, enhanced, update patches.

I don't care about how many updates there will be in 2020.
But I just don't want to wait a month for new cars, just to find out that it's next month that they come instead.
I love that they inform us that the updates will be less frequent, I respect that.

I guess Sport Mode is an up to date Seasonals.

GT3 racing in GT6 was developing. It's greater presence is felt in GTS. Since it was truly based on GT3 cars, it felt more authentic(to me). That seems to be missing a bit in GTS.

More tracks and cars won't improve the game. I think a move to separate the official GT3 cars from PD versions, would add more realism to FIA races. Whether PD limit choices to real GT3 cars(which I highly doubt) in Nations or Manu, I can't call it.

The official season starts on the 18th for Manu. So unless there's a content update next week, can we safely kiss the Gr.3 Mazda goodbye?

I think the Supra is the only car that wasn't available directly after an update, but of course that's a special circumstance for a couple of reasons. Can't rule it out, but it would be surprising if it was added the week the FIAs started. Might mean the same thing for the Universal Gr.4 Supra too.

The official season starts on the 18th for Manu. So unless there's a content update next week, can we safely kiss the Gr.3 Mazda goodbye?

I think the Supra is the only car that wasn't available directly after an update, but of course that's a special circumstance for a couple of reasons. Can't rule it out, but it would be surprising if it was added the week the FIAs started. Might mean the same thing for the Universal Gr.4 Supra too.

Sometimes with PD it pays to look REALLY closely at the wording.

"He also announced that the MAZDA RX-VISION GT3 CONCEPT will appear in the FIA GT Championships 2020 Series."

So that doesn't say anything about the Manufacturers Series, and could mean the car being used for a one make race in the Nations Cup.......

Good point, PD would do something like that :lol:
Here's more of the quote:
Maeda then went on to reveal that, “before that, Mazda will introduce a new model to the race: the MAZDA RX-VISION GT3 CONCEPT."
It's true that meanings can get lost in translation. If the two Mazda representatives got it wrong(I mean, Kaz didn't correct them after saying what they said in the presentation), sucks for us that are looking forward to this new car.

I mentioned before, the Supra arrived on a Monday. The same can happen for the Mazda on the Monday before the season begins. We'll see.

Here's more of the quote:

It's true that meanings can get lost in translation. If the two Mazda representatives got it wrong(I mean, Kaz didn't correct them after saying what they said in the presentation), sucks for us that are looking forward to this new car.

I mentioned before, the Supra arrived on a Monday. The same can happen for the Mazda on the Monday before the season begins. We'll see.
Very true, but I think the Supra might have technically came in the Laguna Seca update, but they just didn't make it available until the Monday. It's possible that they do that again, but that would be kind of annoying seen as how Manu starts 2 days after:lol:.

Not sure what the holdup is the the Supra though. I think everyone deserves to enjoy that car survey or no survey. I personally wouldn't be bothered if everyone got the "exclusive" livery.

Very true, but I think the Supra might have technically came in the Laguna Seca update, but they just didn't make it available until the Monday. It's possible that they do that again, but that would be kind of annoying seen as how Manu starts 2 days after:lol:.

Not sure what the holdup is the the Supra though. I think everyone deserves to enjoy that car survey or no survey. I personally wouldn't be bothered if everyone got the "exclusive" livery.
No doubt PD have the numbers of game sales, car sales, etc. Maybe PD figured most players would read the news that the survey was coming. Given the time frame of the survey and afterwards details to receive it, in addition, numbers of PSN accounts that actually completed the survey, did marketing fail? I don't know.

I love GT6.

Thats incorrect only 155 out of the 334 cars are from GT6 although lets be honest you can't say the Supra RZ for example is the same in GT6 besides the body and the name . Meanwhile 1081 of the 1245 cars in GT6 were simply ported from GT5 + 41 cars were brand new duplicates so the total number of actual new cars is only 123.
Ok time to end this myth GT never had so many cars even by actually for any mechanical differences instead of saying "its a slower version of the same car so its a duplicate" i counted 405 duplicates . That brings the total number 840.
At the same time GT Sport 334 cars only 18 duplicates .
Well considering Kaz sai the current models could handle 8K i see no problem here and you shoulden't have one either since you were fine with the 🤬 PS2 models .

part of the resson may be because they supported GT6 for some time after release.

The people making the car models and the ones designing "The fun are different departments anyway.
I had lots of fun with GT5&6 personaly.

Who forced you to pay exactly?

What does that mean unless im mistaken Motorsport is a term for "Any sport involving the racing or competitive of motor vehicles" by this definition the vast majority of cars even the little 1965 Fiat 500 is a motorsport related car also less not forget the inclusion of cars never seen elsewhere like the Super Formula car.

I thing they just wanted to put a generic livery on.

Back