GT Sport's 2020 Updates to be "Modest", Three New Cars Coming Next Week

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 514 comments
Licence issues perhaps? Able to add the car but don't have all sponsors permissions to use their decals in game so have to resort to us players
doing the actual full livery?

The Ford GT is also the same (old one), it has a replica gulf livery in campaign events but is also incomplete?

I did think that, but then why would that stop them using the period correct Michelin logos or even the correct door number board which was free of sponsor or series title?

ERtYcTTXYAE-cht

ERtYraoXUAURRqV

I cry when see this.
Audi R10 TDI '06: “Am I a joke to you?”

I did think that, but then why would that stop them using the period correct Michelin logos or even the correct door number board which was free of sponsor or series title?

i suspect they have forgotten about the Michelin decals (since those are in game) and the door number is probably an oversight certainly. Sine there
was the 009 car as well as the 007 possibly not realised liveries were slightly different in places.

Would not surprise me if we get a "corrected" livery like what happened with the Mazda 787 B when it was first added to game once it's been pointed out but fans will no doubt make their own version as I said anyway.

I will be, but not immediately as i suspect the discovery section will be flooded with them tomorrow!

Yus! Which is why I made cheeky comment to that fact...I am hoping someone will make the livery that was seen at the Sydney race though.

This update being "mild" is something i have been expecting since last year because the PS5 is right around the corner anyway and they gotta focus on the next game.

And well, the updates are free anyway...But I just want wet weather in Interlagos and I'm not hoping for anything else really.

ERtYcTTXYAE-cht

ERtYraoXUAURRqV

I cry when see this.

Well, at least we got the F1 GTR...Kinda.

Last edited by a moderator:
My gut tells me that the Minolta Toyota 88C-V '89 will come to GT Sport sometime this year. I think Toyota has yielded the most DLC since the game's launch, so they seem like a healthy bet for new content (my other guess would be a Celica model of some kind).
Hopefully you’re right, because the way things are looking now we’re not gonna get more than 15-20 cars till the end of year and since 99% of the cars they are bringing in are GT6 premium road cars it all seems very unluckly

Hopefully you’re right, because the way things are looking now we’re not gonna get more than 15-20 cars till the end of year and since 99% of the cars they are bringing in are GT6 premium road cars it all seems very unluckly

They've done a fairly good job of adding older race cars to GT Sport, so the Minolta seems like a sound guess to me even with 2020 being more of a slow drip for DLC.

GT Sport started with 168

GT6 had over 1000 cars out of the box.

most of which were cars that were already in GT6.
Thats incorrect only 155 out of the 334 cars are from GT6 although lets be honest you can't say the Supra RZ for example is the same in GT6 besides the body and the name . Meanwhile 1081 of the 1245 cars in GT6 were simply ported from GT5 + 41 cars were brand new duplicates so the total number of actual new cars is only 123.
Ok time to end this myth GT never had so many cars even by actually for any mechanical differences instead of saying "its a slower version of the same car so its a duplicate" i counted 405 duplicates . That brings the total number 840.
At the same time GT Sport 334 cars only 18 duplicates .
So GT7 will probably be a Ps5 game with ps4 models, or we get the GT Sport experience again. Looking forward to it.
Well considering Kaz sai the current models could handle 8K i see no problem here and you shoulden't have one either since you were fine with the 🤬 PS2 models .

Yeah but this has literally taken the entire life span of the PS4.
part of the resson may be because they supported GT6 for some time after release.

I prefer games that are fun to play over fun to look at.
The people making the car models and the ones designing "The fun are different departments anyway.
And that is where PD lies since GT5. They totally forgot how to make 'games' for enjoyment,
I had lots of fun with GT5&6 personaly.

T Sport also makes you pay for a Lewis Hamilton version of an existing car, all they did is stick a spoiler on it
Who forced you to pay exactly?

They cannot fix the penalty system and a host of other bugs/nonsensical things. Not to mention the "free" updates contain car packs that are completely out of touch of the actual motorsport world.
What does that mean unless im mistaken Motorsport is a term for "Any sport involving the racing or competitive of motor vehicles" by this definition the vast majority of cars even the little 1965 Fiat 500 is a motorsport related car also less not forget the inclusion of cars never seen elsewhere like the Super Formula car.

I don't get why they've only half done the Gulf DBR9 livery. Different number boards, windscreen banner and tyre logos, many incorrect and missing sponsors. Why even bother recreating it if it can't be done properly?
I thing they just wanted to put a generic livery on.

LOL, if you're gonna nit pick me with one car from a post two days ago, at least drop a source in there.

I also just quoted the 169 cause that's where I stopped reading. Sorry I hurt your precious. Have a lovely evening.
Triggered much?

LOL, if you're gonna nit pick me with one car from a post two days ago, at least drop a source in there.
Here is your source https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gran-turismo-sport-master-car-list.337662/
331-162 or (334-165 as of tommorow = 169 . I didn't "Nit Pick you " i just want to be accurate .

Sorry I hurt your precious.
:confused: you didn't "hurt" anything im not working at PD why would i care ? .

Have a lovely evening
Same to you 👍 .

Triggered much?
I'll happily quote you cause you obviously need the attention.

WHY SO MAD BRO? DID I HURT PD'S FEELINGS???????

See how easy it is to project on people? It's always the same people in these threads looking to take a pretentious tone with anyone. Got no time for people digging up 2 day old messages. We've moved on.

I'll happily quote you cause you obviously need the attention.

WHY SO MAD BRO? DID I HURT PD'S FEELINGS???????

See how easy it is to project on people? It's always the same people in these threads looking to take a pretentious tone with anyone. Got no time for people digging up 2 day old messages. We've moved on.
Well i personally didn't reply immediately because i had other things to do but last time i check this is a discussion thread and this is the most recent topic about GT Sport i wasen't aware discussions had a time limit like a soup or something.

I hope the next GT is full game this time, not beta level content again!

I want at least 500 cars, 20+ tracks.
Realistically tho I feel like the 400 mark is a bit more realistic, considering they probably need to update some existing models and ofcourse possibly adding newer models of new cars in aswell.

I am excited to see what PD has in store for us in the future.

500 would be great and 600 + will be a bonus!

I agree
Due to GT Sport and the FIA Championships/World Tours, I feel this will change.

Mazda, with wanting players to choose their GT3 VGT, The Toyota partnership, the Porsche partnership, Michelin partnership. PDI don't work in the time frame/speed many of us would like, but that looks to be changing as well. They're hiring of social media, AI programmers, UI, modellers, outsourcing, etc. Releasing cars for DLC once completed.

Again, it's not in a time frame many would like, compared to other games.

Manufacturers/brands are taking notice. The continued push by Isdera to be in the game, Fittipaldi(who saw that coming?) is in the game, Jaguar VGT, RUF is back in, Lambo VGT is still coming.

Regarding motorsport, GTS is lacking cars from this year and last couple years, but we have a new series in Super Formula. FormulaE is coming at some point. These are both relevant race series, in touch with the world today.

Think about it, what other console racing games and racing games other than GT, innovate like what PDI have done for the automotive world, in the past 22 years?

I agree with most of what you said, but what is funny is that even with all that said, PD are still out of touch.

GT3 and GT4 are the main categories in GTS I'm sure you will agree. They are also the 2 categories out of any motorsport (bikes aside I know nothing about bikes) that are going through a golden era. I'm not saying that the amount of Gr3 and Gr4 are terrible, but PD is not doing a good job updating these categories with car packs, real cars, recent cars, BoP, updated (evo) cars e.g Hurracan, GTR, R8 etc. We are living in the past with these cars and not in a good way like if we had a plethora of Group C and B cars, no, we get fake Group B cars and a sprinkle of Group C but mixed with Gr1.

Fair enough, PDaren't purists and I realised that a long time ago. Shame (for me).

I agree

I agree with most of what you said, but what is funny is that even with all that said, PD are still out of touch.

GT3 and GT4 are the main categories in GTS I'm sure you will agree. They are also the 2 categories out of any motorsport (bikes aside I know nothing about bikes) that are going through a golden era. I'm not saying that the amount of Gr3 and Gr4 are terrible, but PD is not doing a good job updating these categories with car packs, real cars, recent cars, BoP, updated (evo) cars e.g Hurracan, GTR, R8 etc. We are living in the past with these cars and not in a good way like if we had a plethora of Group C and B cars, no, we get fake Group B cars and a sprinkle of Group C but mixed with Gr1.

Fair enough, PDaren't purists and I realised that a long time ago. Shame (for me).
Oh, heck yeah. There are various discussions about updated GT3/GT4 cars.

The issue is, when GT Sport was coming out, many of the GT4 cars were non-existent. No official Mustang GT4 until after the game came out, official M4 GT4 was just out, the McLaren 570S GT4 was just out, but I'm sure PD already settled on the 650S GR.4 model. The Aston is pretty much daggone close to the Vantage GT4, the F-Type GT4 wasn't out yet(It did debut in UK GT afterwards), don't know why PD didn't use the 370Z GT4, X-Bow GT4 was on the cusp of debut, no official Camaro GT4.R was out, AMG GT4 was still in development.

Now, I get that we got the GT3 RC F Prototype and then we get the '17. Again, PDLogic™. To make the Manufacturer series work, PD most likely skipped licencing to make their own cars(though I believe it took much longer to make some cars like the RC Z GR.3 and other imaginary Gr.3 cars), as many brands don't have both a GT3 and GT4 car.

Trust, I get what you're saying and how you feel. I'm hoping, by GTX, official GT3/GT4 cars from last year, will be in the game.

Back