RIDOX Replica Garage-In Memory of TurnLeft-GT40,300ZX,F430,TVR,AEM S2000,Cizeta,TransAm Doug Nash

• Thread starter Ridox2JZGTE
  • 5,032 comments
Yeah, the winner will receive early access to the car :lol: Just kidding :lol:

I will release 2 Ferrari F40, one US spec and another EU spec, both will have corrected weight, weight distribution, corrected gearing, corrected power figure based on dyno results :) and both will have tuned suspension with real world alignment and each have 2 version of ride height - one with lift kit enabled and one without :) Both also capable of 1:03s lap time at Tsukuba on comfort tires, just like when it was tested in Best Motoring.

My favourite supercar! 👍 Looking foward for it...

Which one do you think is easier to drive or better handling ? The Acura or the Type R ?
Honda NSX Type R '92 ( Real World Setup version ) 500PP version
Ayrton Senna Tribute
Special Build with Real World Alignment Honda NSX Type R '92 500PP
Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

ascari-full-track_13-jpg.151525

CAR : Honda NSX Type R '92
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

Specs
Horsepower: 353 HP at 7500 RPM
Torque: 263.7 ft-lb at 6000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.4%
Weight: 1140 kg
Ballast : 105 kg
Ballast Position : 47
Weight Distribution : 42 / 58 as in real life
Performance Points: 500

GT AUTO
Oil change

Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : Milano Red or Black

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Twin Plate Clutch
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - BC Racing Coilover Kit Lowered with Real World Alignment and Damper Setup
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 95 95
Spring Rate: 10.00 8.00
Dampers (Compression): 5 4
Dampers (Extension): 6 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 2
Camber Angle: 0.3 1.5 ( front camber range 0.3+-0.5, rear camber range 1.5+-0.5 )
Toe Angle: -0.30 0.49 ( front toe out 3.5mm+-1mm, rear toe in 6mm+-1mm )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - COMPTECH Complete Close Ratio Gear Set with Honda NSX-R 4.235 Final
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Auto Max Speed to 260kmh / 162mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.071
2nd 1.960
3rd 1.430
4th 1.120
5th 0.910
Final Gear : 4.235 ( Optional 4.44 OS Giken Final, COMPTECH 4.550 Final for more acceleration or US NSX Final 4.062 for more top speed )

LSD -Honda Torque Control Differential with factory preload
Initial Torque : 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 15

tsukuba-circuit_98-jpg.151741

Brake Balance:
6/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/5, for ABS 1 6/5 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :
Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 6/5 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
I made this special tune to commemorate Ayrton Senna :)
This time, the car is Honda NSX Type R '92, the 1st generation of Type R Honda at 500PP :)

The car setup is not your typical GT6 tune, I used real world setup alignment, similar to some of my older replica like ADVOX Supra :)

Suspension has been changed with BC Racing Coilover, 10/8 springs and a well tuned damper for road and track complement the springs. The ARB, Toe and Camber are all based on real life setup of a stock Honda NSX Type R.

Most people do not know that later generation NSX has lower spring rate at the rear to give more grip and less oversteer. Most coilover kits uses the same arrangement, while KW V3 uses same spring rate. Obviously the real world spring rate works great in GT6.

Real life specs : front camber range 0.3+-0.5, rear camber range 1.5+-0.5; and front toe out 3.5mm+-1mm, rear toe in 6mm+-1mm.

The LSD has been updated using real world setup, Honda Torque Control Differential has high preload.

The weight distribution on the NSX is wrong in GT6, real life NSX has 42/58, so to achieve that, I used some ballast and weight reduction.

Gearing has also been updated for better performance on the track, adapting 6 speed COMPTECH Close Ratio Gear Set based on NSX-R 6 speed, I used only the 5 gears, and NSX-R 4.235 Final also implemented for better acceleration. OS Giken Final 4.44 and COMPTECH 4.550 Final are optional, use them when more acceleration is needed or use US spec NSX 4.062 Final for more top speed.

To drive the NSX, you will need some real world driving approach, steer like you would in a real car, brake and gas like you would in your own car on the road :P

I tuned and tested the car at Ascari, Bathurst, Spa and Tsukuba. The car is capable of sub 2:30s at Spa.

The car is a joy to drive, feels like what a real stock NSX would drive :) It made GT6 Honda NSX more sim like, well almost like on PC :lol:

ENJOY :cheers:

andrew_young_senna-jpg.151749

ib, Tour of Japan, CS, Camber used, ABS 0 - Winner! Great Car! 👍
ib, Supercar Festival, Monza, SS, Camber used, ABS 0 - Winner, but not against McLaren - against Pagani! Super Car! 👍

The Honda is a little bit better and faster if I have to chose, but I love both the same. Excellent! 👍

I will release 2 Ferrari F40, one US spec and another EU spec, both will have corrected weight, weight distribution, corrected gearing, corrected power figure based on dyno results :) and both will have tuned suspension with real world alignment and each have 2 version of ride height - one with lift kit enabled and one without :) Both also capable of 1:03s lap time at Tsukuba on comfort tires, just like when it was tested in Best Motoring.

View attachment 155871

Ohhhh can't wait for this one :)

@LS Chiou : I have tried the setup that you posted, the car is much looser but the slides are progressive, safer and easier to countersteer :)

I have made an alternative suspension on my last play, this gives better traction and rear tire wear with less unexpected oversteer, I mainly test this setup at Ascari. You may use the LSD that came with my tune, or use yours :) and also you can lower rear toe in if you like.

Cizeta V16T 500PP - alternate setup :

Ride Height: 60 60
Spring Rate: 15.00 15.25
Dampers (Compression): 6 6
Dampers (Extension): 5 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 4
Camber Angle: 0.2 0.2 ( 0.00 all around for max grip )
Toe Angle: -0.07 0.28

I increased rear toe in for added stability on mid corner - medium speed mainly, and I also lowered front damper extension + increase rear damper compression to aid rear wheel traction and reduce sudden weight transfer to the rear when exiting a corner. Rear ARB lowered by 1 to make the rear less rigid. Spring rate at the rear is now 15.25, a 0.25 lower, this is the balance that I like, you can lower more, try 0.25 step. Or increase it by 0.25 step if you find the rear too slow to rotate.

I used same LSD, 46/20/20 :)

Hope this helps you find the best setup for tire wear 👍

Thanks a lot. :)

-0.30 rear toe out is indeed too much for race event (OK for 1 or 2 laps trial run). With SS tire, the rear becomes overly loose after 3 or 4 laps in Ascari. Then I reduce the angle to -0.12, feel better with worn tire.

Still, it's a hard race. Walking leisurely alone and accompanied by a bunch of hooligans are completely different. I got three problems: 1) Resisting the temptation of pressing throttle is a torture in a race; 2) Being at the edge of loosing control, it's hard to keep the car on track in the crowd. A slight touch at the rear bumper is enough to kick me out of shape; 3) Tire wear would be 9/7 or 9/6 in lap 4 or 5 with SS. With such f/r unbalance, the rear becomes even looser and can be very dangerous at some certain corners. (and, it can be OK first and a suddent big sliding at the next lap, same spot.)

All the 3 problems may take turns hitting me, or happen at the same (miserable) moment. Eventually I finished 4th:( (The closest gap with the leader was 10 sec. or so in lap 6, I thought there might be hope and pushed it a little. Uh oh, no good, I spun out. It can't be pushed. Then I was forced to slow down and watched them pulling away. :( )

Will try your new setup. (hmmm, 500PP? I remember it's 550 previously)

Also, I'm looking forward to see your work on F40. Another beast. 👍

View attachment 155871

Well, right off this thing is begg'in for Downforce. Rear end grip comes at a premium as this power house is itching to let loose all its pony's. I played around with it a bit on Tsukuba and stock everything, running cs tires I was in the 1:07xx. Didn't get to pull it out of second too often lol.

You don't start generating ANY Downforce until you've hit 85-86mph...its only then you start to notice some bite in the rear end...other than that its a drift car by default :/

***Ran a few laps on SH and got her down to the 1:03xx. Eveything as stock

Last edited:
Thanks a lot. :)

-0.30 rear toe out is indeed too much for race event (OK for 1 or 2 laps trial run). With SS tire, the rear becomes overly loose after 3 or 4 laps in Ascari. Then I reduce the angle to -0.12, feel better with worn tire.

Still, it's a hard race. Walking leisurely alone and accompanied by a bunch of hooligans are completely different. I got three problems: 1) Resisting the temptation of pressing throttle is a torture in a race; 2) Being at the edge of loosing control, it's hard to keep the car on track in the crowd. A slight touch at the rear bumper is enough to kick me out of shape; 3) Tire wear would be 9/7 or 9/6 in lap 4 or 5 with SS. With such f/r unbalance, the rear becomes even looser and can be very dangerous at some certain corners. (and, it can be OK first and a suddent big sliding at the next lap, same spot.)

All the 3 problems may take turns hitting me, or happen at the same (miserable) moment. Eventually I finished 4th:( (The closest gap with the leader was 10 sec. or so in lap 6, I thought there might be hope and pushed it a little. Uh oh, no good, I spun out. It can't be pushed. Then I was forced to slow down and watched them pulling away. :( )

Will try your new setup. (hmmm, 500PP? I remember it's 550 previously)

Also, I'm looking forward to see your work on F40. Another beast. 👍

Typo, sorry :P. 550PP. Racing the V16T with tire wear is tricky, the car needs a lot of care to keep the rear in check. This is what makes the Cizeta special :)

Well, right off this thing is begg'in for Downforce. Rear end grip comes at a premium as this power house is itching to let loose all its pony's. I played around with it a bit on Tsukuba and stock everything, running cs tires I was in the 1:07xx. Didn't get to pull it out of second too often lol.

You don't start generating ANY Downforce until you've hit 85-86mph...its only then you start to notice some bite in the rear end...other than that its a drift car by default :/

***Ran a few laps on SH and got her down to the 1:03xx. Eveything as stock

The F40 in stock form from PD is a mess, gearing is off, weight also off, dry weight figures are varied even on one region ( US or EU ), the EU F40 dry has from as low as 1140+kg to 1230+kg, while the US dry has from 1280+kg to just over 1300kg. Then we are not even going into weight distribution and power figures. The actual F40 has a lot more power than the stated on brochure. US has more power even with cats installed and shorter gearing to compensate for the added weight due to comply with US Federal rules. I will use lowest reported corner weight of F40. I will also list power for EU with cars and without cats ( good power bump ) and US power with cats from dyno results which is similar to EU without cats - US cars running different engine tune.

Both US and EU version when tested can run 1:02s on CS, I usually ran low 1:03s with moderate pace :P The real lap record for F40 at Tsukuba 1:03.7xx.
Real life record for F40 at Suzuka is at 2:25.27, the US and EU F40 can run 2:24s easily on CS tire.

I may also list several spring rate combo, the stock spring rate can't be achieved, so I used the spring ratio instead. For better rear stability, I will list alternate spring rate ratio that often used for track purposes in real life.

Tjaarda Ford Mustang GT 550R BOSS 302 '13 ( Real World Setup version )
Fast & Furious Fantasy Replica

Special Build Replica with Real World Alignment Tjaarda Mustang GT 550R

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_64.jpg

CAR : Ford Mustang BOSS 302 '13

Specs

Horsepower: 490 HP at 6400 RPM - alternative GT 550R 550HP
Torque: 489.8 ft-lb at 4800 RPM
Power Limiter at : 89% - alternative GT 550R power : 99.9%
Weight: 1647 kg
Ballast : 0 kg
Ballast Position : 0
Weight Distribution : 54 / 46 as in real life
Performance Points: 521

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Wheels : +1 Inch Up - RAYS 57Gainer in Silver
Car Paint : School Bus Yellow / Black Stripes

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Supercharger
Twin Plate Clutch
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission ( Optional )
Adjustable LSD

Suspension - Ford Racing FR500 Coilover Kit Lowered
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 97 70 ( lower rear to maintain visual level height )
Spring Rate: 8.93 12.50
Dampers (Compression): 3 6
Dampers (Extension): 2 6
Camber Angle: 1.8 0.7
Toe Angle: 0.00 0.38

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - XTrac 416 Sequential Gearbox - Optional
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 5.000
Set Auto Max Speed to 200kmh / 124mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.071
2nd 2.071
3rd 1.647
4th 1.350
5th 1.143
6th 1.000
Final Gear : 3.100 ( Use 3.730 or 3.980 Final for lower speed tracks )

LSD -Ford Racing T2R Race Master Traction Differential
Initial Torque : 24
Acceleration Sensitivity: 27
Braking Sensitivity: 10

Alternate Setup ( loose )
Initial Torque : 20
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_61.jpg

Brake Balance:
7/9 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/8, for ABS 1 7/9 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/9 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
The yellow Tjaarda Mustang was featured in 4th installment of fast and furious movie series.

I tried to make a replica using the closest car - Mustang GT '05, but it couldn't be done as the car weight distribution was not possible to be fixed and gearing issues.

I decided to make a fantasy car replica using newer Mustang BOSS 302 '13, much easier to get close to the real Tjaarda spec used in the movie, 490HP with supercharger.

I kept the gearing, weight and distribution stock - same as in real life Tjaarda Mustang, then I tuned the suspension and LSD. I used real world setup for alignment ( toe and camber ).

The car is fun to drive, a little slow with the weight it has, but should be enjoyable.

UPDATE : Added alternate LSD setup for looser handling and optional Xtrac 416 Transmission - tested at Bathurst on comfort soft and sports medium.

Last edited:

Specs

GT AUTO
NO Oil change

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Supercharger
Twin Plate Clutch
Adjustable LSD

Front, Rear

Brake Balance:
7/9 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/8, for ABS 1 7/9 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/9 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
The yellow Tjaarda Mustang was featured in 4th installment of fast and furious movie series.

I tried to make a replica using the closest car - Mustang GT '05, but it couldn't be done as the car weight distribution was not possible to be fixed and gearing issues.

I decided to make a fantasy car replica using newer Mustang BOSS 302 '13, much easier to get close to the real Tjaarda spec used in the movie, 490HP with supercharger.

I kept the gearing, weight and distribution stock - same as in real life Tjaarda Mustang, then I tuned the suspension and LSD. I used real world setup for alignment ( toe and camber ).

The car is fun to drive, a little slow with the weight it has, but should be enjoyable.

UPDATE : Added alternate LSD setup for looser handling
Will try this one on the weekend. So this looks likes its tuned for Silverstone?? Would I be correct in assuming with some final gear changes band I'm good to go on Tsukuba?

Oppps just noticed you didn't set up a tranny lol

Will try this one on the weekend. So this looks likes its tuned for Silverstone?? Would I be correct in assuming with some final gear changes band I'm good to go on Tsukuba?

Oppps just noticed you didn't set up a tranny lol

I drove the car at Ascari, Tsukuba, Brands Hatch, Silverstone and Bathurst :) It's a road car replica in similar power to the Tjaarda Mustang in FF4 :) Not really quick, the car used in the movie has only suspension and supercharger upgrades as well some small mods ( wheels, body kit ) - 490HP quoted HP, but during movie shooting, power kept at 470HP.

The real car has Mustang GT stock weight, lighter than the BOSS, but the Mustang GT in GT6 can't be used - inaccurate distribution and gearing that hurt the performance badly. :(

I drove the car at Ascari, Tsukuba, Brands Hatch, Silverstone and Bathurst :) It's a road car replica in similar power to the Tjaarda Mustang in FF4 :) Not really quick, the car used in the movie has only suspension and supercharger upgrades as well some small mods ( wheels, body kit ) - 490HP quoted HP, but during movie shooting, power kept at 470HP.

The real car has Mustang GT stock weight, lighter than the BOSS, but the Mustang GT in GT6 can't be used - inaccurate distribution and gearing that hurt the performance badly. :(

Well sir.. I know your plate is full but if you get a chance could you have a boo at a tranny set up? :)

Specs

GT AUTO
NO Oil change

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Supercharger
Twin Plate Clutch
Adjustable LSD

Front, Rear

Brake Balance:

Notes :

UPDATE : Added alternate LSD setup for looser handling
ib, Tour of America, 521PP, CS, Camber used, ABS 0, Changed at 7000 rpm - Winner! 👍

ib, Tour of America, 521PP, CS, Camber used, ABS 0, Changed at 7000 rpm - Winner! 👍

Great win !! I hope the car didn't drive like a big boat on a wheel :P

I haven't got a chance to play yet, still on 1.06 :lol: Will stay on 1.06 for a while, my next play will update the Tjaarda with T6060 transmission and the US F40 :P The F40 will be very complicated ;) with several ride height setup, spring rate and 2 sets of LSD. Some pictures -comparison real life and GT6 ground clearance will also be added, expect big post.

Many many thanks my friend :)

I tried the Tremec T6060 ratios, didn't work well, the result is way too high in top speed.

So, I opted to use Xtrac 416 ratios as used on most GT3 replicas. It works nicely, the 3.100 final has good spread and top speed, use 3.730 or 3.980 for lower speed tracks. :cheers: Tune update above.

I tried the Tremec T6060 ratios, didn't work well, the result is way too high in top speed.

So, I opted to use Xtrac 416 ratios as used on most GT3 replicas. It works nicely, the 3.100 final has good spread and top speed, use 3.730 or 3.980 for lower speed tracks. :cheers: Tune update above.

Thanks will give it a try tomorrow. I've been making some cash and working on the seasonals. Scored that BMW VGT. So now on Nordschleife seeing what kinds of lap times I can manage. Pulling a 6:47xxx However this car is very querky and the curb monsters loves this car...and they want to play with the Beemer...but the Beemer doesn't want anything to do with the curb monsters... So needless to say there is a lot of tension that I am trying to mediate between the two :/

This has lots of potential just needs some work. Unfortunately you can't touch the tranny which sucks...no power mods...just the basics :)

I just did a consistent 53,6xx on Tsukuba with RH's which is a good 1.5 sec off my best lap with stock tune...in which I was not able to repeat last night...

Last edited:
Ferrari F40 '92 ( Real World Setup version ) US Market Version

Special Build Replica with Real World Setup Ferrari F40 '92 US Market version

Ascari Full Track_28.jpg

CAR : Ferrari F40 '92

Specs

Horsepower: 503 HP / 510 PS at 7000 RPM
Torque: 455.0 ft-lb at 4000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.9%
Weight: 1286 kg ( lowest dry weight )
Ballast : 174 kg
Ballast Position : 1
Weight Distribution : 42 / 58 as in real life ( dry weight )
Performance Points: 543

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Car Paint : Rosso Corsa

Suzuka Circuit_2.jpg

Tuning Parts Installed :
Intake Tuning or Optional High RPM Range Turbo Kit -- see notes for more details.
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - Eibach ERS Springs with Street/Track Tuned Damper and Real World Alignment
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 101 101 - standard - Alternate Ride Height F/R : 63 56 ( lowest ), 115 115 ( high ) and 81 101 ( track lowered)
Spring Rate: 8.25 12.00 - Alternate High Speed Track Oriented Spring Rate F/R : 12.00 12.00
Dampers (Compression): 7 6
Dampers (Extension): 7 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 4
Camber Angle: 0.5 1.8
Toe Angle: 0.33 0.33

Suspension - Eibach ERS Springs based on stock F40 spring ratio with Street/Track Tuned Damper with
Real World Alignment and Ride Height based on Best Motoring Tsukuba Battle driven by Motoharu Kurosawa

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 81 81 - Best Motoring Battle
Spring Rate: 8.04 11.61 - Based on factory F40 spring rate ratio
Dampers (Compression): 7 7
Dampers (Extension): 7 6

Ferrari F40 US Edition Technical Manual Alignment Range :
Camber Angle : 1.10 1.0 ( Front Camber Range : -1.16 +/- -1.50, Rear Camber Range : -1.0 +/- -1.33 )
Toe Angle : 0.20 0.33 ( Front Toe In Range : 0.20 +/- 0.33, Rear Toe In Range : 0.33 +/- 0.46 )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Corrected US Market Ratio Gear Set and Final
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.000
Set Auto Max Speed to 220kmh / 137mph ( lowest )
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.692
2nd 2.286
3rd 1.636
4th 1.284
5th 1.022
Final Gear : 2.900
Optimum Shift Point : 7400-7700 RPM ( as in real life )

LSD -ZF Self Locking LSD with 60% Lock and Medium Preload - AUTO Motorsport Mag 1989 Review Version
Initial Torque : 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 36
Braking Sensitivity: 36

Alternate LSD Setup for looser handling :

Initial Torque : 27

or

OPTIONAL LSD SETUP F355 Spec :
LSD -ZF Self Locking LSD with 45% Lock and High Preload
Initial Torque : 40
Braking Sensitivity: 27

Initial Torque : 37

or

Initial Torque : 17

Suzuka Circuit_1.jpg

Suzuka Circuit.jpg

Brake Balance:
7/6 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/4, for ABS 1 7/6 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/6 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
Ferrari F40, the last great Ferrari IMO, no electronics aids, just pure man and machine :)

This car is one of my most favorite ride in GT5 and GT6, and it's well known for it's inaccuracy in terms of stats and stock setup.

I made this special replica build with the main goal of correcting the mistakes and make it handle more like a Ferrari, whatever that means :P

First of all, there are 2 region market for Ferrari F40, Europe and US. Both has distinctive setup from power, weight to gearing.

The US market has heavier dry weight, with added parts and interior + exterior modification to comply with US Federal regulations. To compensate for the added weight, US F40 also has higher power output and closer gearing. This gives US F40 roughly close performance to the EU F40 when both have cats installed ( catalytic converters ). All US F40 do not come with variable ride height system ( lift kit ) when sold, while the EU F40 factory delivered with the lift kit system. Several US F40 have been retrofitted with lift kit :)

This replica is a representation of US F40 with lift kit, EIBACH ERS springs installed and lowest reported corner weight ( dry ).

The power of US F40 from dyno reports of around just below 500HP to 503HP / 510PS with dry weight of 1286kg / 2835 lbs and 42/58 weight distribution.

To achieve the power figure, I decided to use Intake Tuning, this gives higher torque increase while replicating power.
I used it as I prefer stock turbo characteristics, use High RPM Range Turbo Kit instead, if you want lower torque / closer to real life torque at the expense of altered turbo characteristics and set power limiter at 99.4% - 503HP, 438.6 ft-lb.

For suspension, I have used EIBACH ERS springs at 8.25kg/mm front and 12.0kg/mm rear, maintaining spring ratio for the stock F40 spring rate, as the stock value can't be achieved. Damper setup for street and track, with ARB set for balance. Toe and camber has been setup with real world alignment values, based on F355 alignment which from report share similar alignment with F40 - closest information I can get :)

An alternate spring rate at 12kg/mm front and rear also provided, this is more oriented for high speed cornering and sweepers.

The real Ferrari F40 has ZF Self Locking LSD, based from Auto Motorsport review specs, the rear LSD has 60% lock, I have tuned likewise, with medium preload. The previous replica LSD which uses specs from Ferrari F355 with 45% lock and high preload also listed as optional.

Transmission has also been fixed, with correct US F40 ratios and final. Top speed of real F40 in US record at 324kmh/201mph has also been replicated, furthermore, the rolling acceleration time and vehicle speed at 5th gear 1000rpm has been closely replicated - similar to the tested reports from the magazine.

Various test results from Auto Motorsport mag :

60kmh-100kmh in 4th gear rolling acceleration : 6.3s
80kmh-120kmh in 5th gear rolling acceleration : 8.5s
5th Gear speed at 1000 RPM : 43.5kmh

F40 speed on each gear at about 7400-7700rpm optimal shift point :
1st 90kmh
2nd 144kmh
3rd 201kmh
4th 255kmh
5th 321+kmh

Feel free to try it at SSR7 :)

The F40 was extensively tuned/tested at Ascari, Tsukuba, Spa, Bathurst, Nordschleife, SSR7, Apricot Hill, Brands Hatch GP and Willow Springs.

I also managed to replicate the real life lap time of F40 at Tsukuba, done on Best Motoring at 1:03.73. The car easily do low 1:03s, while my best was 1:02s on comfort soft :D

Another real life at Suzuka record 2:25.27 in real life can easily be replicated, with my 1st lap at high 2:24s :P, also on comfort soft.

UPDATE : Thanks to @danbojte for the invaluable input, a setup combo from the replica tune used on wheel ( G27 ) :

Suspension
Ride Height: 81 101 - track lowered
Spring Rate: 12.00 12.00 - High Speed Track Oriented Spring Rate

Brake Balance : 6 / 4

LSD - Original Base Setup

Should work well for races

Real life vs GT6 Ride Height :

F/R 115mm / 115mm GT6 vs High Setting Lift Kit

Gemasolar_89.jpg

f40d1.jpg

F/R 101mm / 101mm GT6 vs Standard Lowered Setting Lift Kit

Gemasolar_90.jpg

1987-Ferrari-F40-V1-1080lowered.jpg

F/R 81mm / 101mm GT6 vs Track Lowered Setting Lift Kit

Gemasolar_88.jpg

90-Ferrari-F40-DV-13-GCA_02ss.jpg

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_123.jpg

EUf40 1 - factory lowered.jpg

F/R 63mm / 56mm GT6 vs Dropped F40

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_127.jpg

EUF40dropped.jpg

UPDATE : Added LSD spec from Auto Motorsport Feb '89 review, and listed F355 LSD spec as optional.

UPDATE 1.09 : Added Ferrari F40 US Edition Tech Manual Alignment Range, highly recommended to be used as a base to start.

UPDATE 1.19 : Updated gear ratios, each individual gears are calculated by taking into account the idler gear ratio, while still use the actual final drive 2.900 / 10:29 as per manual for US F40. Speed at revlimit 7750RPM is correct.

Last edited:

RIDOX REPLICA GARAGE

View attachment 91584

This will be the place where I will share my replicas, all of the replicas made will be done without any aids, this means, no brake assist, no TC, no ASM, no SRF, nothing :) The tires used will be mainly comfort tires. As these replicas are not for everyone, they requires certain dedication and skills. Here's hoping that my replicas would give great challenge and excitement :cheers:

Replica work list ( constantly updated )

Real Life

1. Kei Office S14 Zenki - Drift Bible version
2. Nishizao SPL AE86 Levin GT Apex - Drift Bible version
3. ZEEK Tuned MR2 GTS - Best Motoring Super Battle
4. J's Racing Honda S2000 '06 Street/Track
5. BEE Racing BNR32 GTR '89 400PS
6. Hennessey Venom 600 GTS 600HP Comfort Soft
7. Knight Sports FD3S MAZDA RX7 Spirit R Type A '02 Special Edition 402PS-Comfort Soft
8. Top Fuel Zero 1000 Turbo Monster Honda Civic Type R '97 EK9 388PS-Sports Medium
9. HOSAKA TUNING FACTORY Nissan Skyline BCNR33 GTR Vspec '97 550PS-Sports Medium
10. HOSAKA TUNING FACTORY Nissan Skyline BNR34 GTR Vspec II Nur '02 720PS-Sports Medium
11. SRT VIPER SRT10 '08 ACR-X '10 640HP - Sports Medium
12. Toyota TOM's ADVOX Supra RZ '97 327PS - Comfort Medium
13. Subaru BRZ S '12 TEIN SRC Test Car Replica 202HP - Comfort Soft
14. Toyota 86 GT APEXI N1 Evo Test Car - 280PS -Comfort Soft/Sports Hard
15. Nicks Forza Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71 251HP - Comfort Soft/Sports Hard
16. PowerHouse Amuse 86 GT Hi Tech Demo Car - 245PS Comfort Soft
17. PowerHouse Amuse 86 GT Turbo Low Boost Demo Car - 300PS Comfort Soft
18. PowerHouse Amuse 86 GT Turbo High Boost Demo Car - 425+PS Comfort Soft
19. Toyota Motorsports GmbH 86 GT CS V3 Cup Car - 254HP Sports Medium to Racing Hard
20. Toyota Motorsports GmbH 86 GT CS R3 RALLY Car 266HP Sports Medium/Dirt/Snow
21. MAZDA ROADSTER TURBO JDM 172PS - Comfort Soft
22. NISSAN Silvia S13 K's BEE Racing - Best Motoring 400PS - Sports Medium
23. TODA RACING FIGHTEX Honda Civic Type R '08 (FD2) Demo Car 276HP / 280PS - Comfort Soft to Sports Medium
24. R31 HOUSE Tommy Kaira M30 Nissan Skyline R31 GTS-R '87 256HP / 260PS - 428PP - Comfort Soft to Sports Medium
25. Mazda MX-5 SR Limited (NA,J) '97 SPEC MIATA Replica - FITT Miata Challenge version 135HP 371PP - Comfort Soft
26. ZERO SPORTS Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type RA BTZ003 N1 Spec 334HP 489PP - Comfort Soft
27. MINE'S BNR32.5 GT-R ATTESA-ETS PRO Spec - NISMO Skyline BNR32 GTR S-Tune '00 630PS / 621HP 567PP - Sports Medium
28. J's Racing Honda EG2 CR-X Del Sol B18C Track Racer - Honda CR-X Del Sol SiR '92 239HP / 242PS 431PP - Comfort Soft to Sports Medium
29. BMW E92 M3 GTS - BMW M3 Coupe Chrome Line 444HP / 450PS 506PP - Comfort Soft to Sports Medium
30. BMW E92 M3 GTS - BMW M3 Coupe '07 444HP / 450PS 506PP - Comfort Soft to Sports Medium
31. SPOON Sports/Type One Garage Honda S2000 AP2 '06 Demo Street Car Replica 275HP 456PP Comfort Soft to Sports Medium
32. FORTUNE AUTO Maserati Granturismo S '08 MC Stradale 2013 Replica 460HP 500PP Comfort Soft to Sports Medium
34. OHLINS R&T DFV BMW E82 1M Coupe Replica based on Concept 1 Series Tii '07 335HP 475PP Comfort Soft to Sports Medium
35. ENDLESS TOMEI Powered - Nissan 350Z Fairlady Z Version ST (Z33 Option Wheel) '02 375HP / 380PS 494PP Comfort Soft to Sports Medium
36. AutoDelta Alfa Romeo 147 GTA '02 3.7 Selespeed version 328HP 465PP Comfort Soft to Sports Medium
37. FEED Fujita Engineering Mazda RX7 FD3S Spirit R Type A '02 Hot Version 2007 444HP 530PP Comfort Soft to Sports Soft
38. FEED Fujita Engineering Mazda RX7 FD3S Spirit R Type A '02 Tsukuba Superlap Battle 2011 444HP 530PP Comfort Soft to Sports Soft
39. Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 '14 C7R Base Model Early Build Replica ( NO Flat Floor ver. ) 510HP 557PP Sports Soft to Racing Hard
40. Subaru Legacy B4 RSK '98 S401 STi ( Cusco LSD ver) 289HP 442PP Comfort Soft
41. Honda NSX Type R '92 ( Real World Setup version ) Ayrton Senna Tribute 284HP 463PP Comfort Soft to Sports Medium
42. ACURA NSX '91 Replica ( Real World Setup version ) Ayrton Senna Tribute 266HP 433PP Comfort Hard to Sports Medium
43. Nissan Skyline R34 GTR Vspec II Nur '02 Paul Walker Fast and Furious Replica 543HP 548PP Comfort Soft to Sports Medium
44. Lotus Esprit Turbo HC '87 James Bond For Your Eyes Only Replica ( Real World Setup ) 210HP 418PP Comfort Hard to Sports Medium
45. Tjaarda Ford Mustang GT 550R BOSS 302 '13 ( Real World Setup version ) Fast & Furious Fantasy Replica 490HP 521PP Comfort Soft to Sports Medium
46. Ferrari F40 '92 ( Real World Setup version ) US Market Version Replica 503HP 543PP Comfort Soft to Sports Medium
47. ZERO Sports Subaru Impreza WRX Sti '01
48. ESPRIT Nissan Skyline BNR34 GT-R
49. AMS Alpha 9 GTR
50. Top Secret R34 GTR Time Attack
51. JUN Auto Super GTR R34
52. JUN Hyper Lemon Evo V
53. Eclipse RIDOX SUPRA ( Best Motoring Tuner Battle Royale )

FIA GT3 Replica :

1. Ferrari 458 Italia '09 GT3 Replica ( Base Model ) 543HP 570PP Sports Soft to Racing Hard
2. Ferrari 458 Italia '09 GT3 Replica ( Blancpain / AVON British GT ) 500HP 560PP Sports Soft to Racing Hard
3. Ferrari 458 Italia '09 GT3 Replica ( VLN SP9 Class ) 500HP 560PP Sports Soft to Racing Hard
4. SaReNi United / Reiter Engineering Chevrolet Camaro SS '10 GT3 BOSS YACO Racing ( Max Power Hardcore No Flat Floor Version ) 641HP 582PP Sports Soft to Racing Hard
5. SaReNi United / Reiter Engineering Chevrolet Camaro SS '10 GT3 BOSS YACO Racing ( Max Power Flat Floor Version ) 641HP 613PP Sports Soft to Racing Hard
6. SaReNi United / Reiter Engineering Chevrolet Camaro SS Touring Car '10 GT3 BOSS YACO Racing 641HP 608PP Sports Soft to Racing Hard
7. SaReNi United / Reiter Engineering Chevrolet Camaro SS Touring Car '10 GT3 500HP Blancpain version 500HP 576PP Sports Soft to Racing Hard
8. SaReNi United / Reiter Engineering Chevrolet Camaro SS '10 GT3 BLANCPAIN ( Flat Floor Version )
500HP 582PP Sports Soft to Racing Hard

9. SaReNi United / Reiter Engineering Chevrolet Camaro SS '10 GT3 BLANCPAIN ( Hardcore No Flat Floor Version )
500HP 553PP Sports Soft to Racing Hard

10. AUDI R8 LMS Ultra (Audi Sport Team Phoenix) '12 489HP to 552HP BLANCPAIN version 607PP Sports Soft to Racing Hard
11. SRT Viper GTS '13 GT3R Max Power Replica ( No Flat Floor version ) 680HP 590PP Sports Soft to Racing Hard
12. SRT Viper GTS '13 GT3R Max Power Replica ( Flat Floor version ) 680HP 618PP Sports Soft to Racing Hard
13. Emil Frey Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury '07 G3 Blancpain Replica 500HP 533PP Sports Soft to Racing Hard
14. AUDI R8 LMS Ultra '12 489HP to 552HP BLANCPAIN version 596PP Sports Soft to Racing Hard
15. Reiter Engineering Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 GT3-R Base Model 520HP 554PP Sports Soft to Racing Hard
16. Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10 GT3 Base Model Max Power ( NO Flat Floor ver. ) 602HP 564PP Sports Soft to Racing Hard
17. Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10 GT3 Base Model Max Power ( Flat Floor ver. ) 602HP 592PP Sports Soft to Racing Hard

Wangan Midnight ( Akio's Devil Z is not possible yet, at least for now :) )

1. S30 Fairlady "Akuma" Z - Star Road Garage 300PS ( Hot Version feature car as driven by Dori Dori )
2. HARADA Z31 Fairlady
3. Garage ZERO Kijima "Legendary FC" RX7 Savanna Infini III FC3S 500PS
4. Takayuki Kuroki Nissan Skyline BCNR33 GTR Vspec '97 Wangan Midnight 800HP -Comfort Soft
5. Garage ZERO Kijima "Legendary FC" RX7 GT-X FC3S 492PS
6. Keiichi Aizawa 'Monster Machine' Toyota Supra RZ '97 Early Stage 500HP Comfort Soft
7. Keiichi Aizawa 'Monster Machine' Toyota Supra RZ '97 Full Power Stage 800HP Comfort Soft
8. Keiichi Aizawa 'Monster Machine' Toyota Supra SZ-R '97 Detuned Stage 400HP Comfort Soft
9. Yoshiaki Ishida Ferrari 288 GTO 600HP Comfort Soft
10. Maki Kamiya Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. Edition '00 400HP 517PP Comfort Soft
11. Eiji Kamiya Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V GSR '98 450HP 534PP Comfort Soft
12. Yuji Kishida "Zero for the Roads" Honda S2000 '03 Turbo C1 Runner 300HP 470PP Comfort Soft
13. Oki from Hakone "The Touge Ace" Mazda RX7 Spirit R Type A '02 Wangan Midnght 500HP 553PP Comfort Soft
14. Nobu Setoguchi C1 Runner Mazda RX7 Type R Bathurst R '01 Wangan Midnght 400HP 521PP Comfort Soft
15. Shinji Ogishima C1 Runner Mazda RX7 Type R Bathurst R '01 Wangan Midnght 400HP 521PP Comfort Soft
16. Tomoya ACE "R Killer" Honda Integra Type R ( DC2 ) '95 323HP / 327PS 485PP Comfort Soft
17. Makoto Mori****a Z32 Nissan Fairlady 300ZX Twin Turbo Wangan Midnight 800HP 589PP Comfort Soft
17. Makoto Mori****a Subaru Impreza GC8 STi Version VI '99 Wangan Midnight 400HP 523PP Comfort Soft
18. Tomoya ACE32R Nissan Skyline GTR R32 Vspec II '94 Wangan Midnight 600HP 561PP Comfort Soft
19. Hiramoto "The Authentic Dragon" R32 GTR
20. Shima BlackBird
21. Reina R32 GTR

Bonus Tune :

1. CUSCO Mitsubishi FTO GR '94 220PS RIDOX ver.
2. Pedders/KAAZ VY Commodore SS 296kW
3. AUDI R8 LMS Ultra ( Audi Sport Team Phoenix ) '12 ver.1.03 - 528HP, 599PP Racing Hard
4. Lamborghini Diablo GT2 '98 - 630HP, 564PP Racing Hard / Sports Soft
5. Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 '11 - 774HP, 600PP Racing Hard
6. Aston Martin V8 Vantage V600 - Comfort Soft/Sports Hard
7. BMW Z4 GT3 '11 534HP 600PP Racing Hard
8. McLaren F1 LM '94 tuned to 650PP Sports Soft/Racing Hard
9. NISSAN GTR NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13 621HP 617PP Racing Hard
10. MERCEDES BENZ SLS AMG GT3 '11 598HP 618PP Racing Hard
11. Lotus Europa Special '72 215HP 500PP - Comfort Soft to Sports Soft
12. Jaguar XKR-S '11 759HP 600PP - Comfort Soft to Sports Soft
13. NISSAN OPTION Stream Z '04 600PP - Comfort Soft to Sports Soft
14. TODA RACING FIGHTEX Honda Civic Type R '08 (FD2) Demo Car 275HP / 279PS 450PP - Comfort Soft to Sports Medium
15. Renault Sport Megane Trophy Base Model '11 380HP - 526PP Racing Hard to Racing Soft
16. LANCIA Stratos HF Stradale 252HP / 255PS 450PP Comfort Soft to Sports Soft
17. LANCIA Stratos HF Stradale 363HP / 368PS 500PP Comfort Soft to Sports Soft
18. J's Racing Honda FIT RS Turbo '10 237HP / 240PS 450PP Comfort Soft to Sports Medium
19. J's Racing Honda CRZ Turbo '10 Street 245HP 450PP Comfort Soft to Sports Medium
20. J's Racing Honda EG2 CR-X Del Sol '92 B18C Track Racer 269HP 450PP Comfort Soft to Sports Medium
21. J's Racing Honda EF8 CR-X SiR '90 Street 256HP 450PP Comfort Soft to Sports Medium
22. FORTUNE AUTO Maserati Granturismo S '08 MC Stradale Race 391HP 500PP Comfort Soft to Sports Medium
23. FEED Fujita Engineering Mazda RX7 FD3S Spirit R Type A '02 352HP 500PP Comfort Soft to Sports Soft
24. OULLIM MOTORS Spirra Prototype '04 357HP 500PP Comfort Soft to Sports Soft
25. Autodelta Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint 1600 GTA '65 Historic Touring / Rally Car 184HP 445PP Comfort Soft to Racing Hard
26. SEAT Ibiza Cupra '04 FITT Hot Hatch Version 274HP 470PP Sports Hard
27. Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport '09 FITT Hot Hatch version 165HP 402PP Comfort Soft
28. Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon GT-B '96 Rally Car 320HP 474PP Comfort Soft to Sports Soft/Dir/Snow
29. Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 '14 C7R Base Model 550PP version ( NO Flat Floor ) 481HP 557PP Sports Soft to Racing Hard
30. CIZETA-MORODER V16T '94 550PP Track Monster 521HP 550PP Comfort Soft to Racing Hard
31. ACURA NSX '91 Replica ( Real World Setup 500PP version ) Ayrton Senna Tribute 406HP 500PP Comfort Soft to Sports Medium
32. Honda NSX Type R '92 ( Real World Setup 500PP version ) Ayrton Senna Tribute 353HP 500PP Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

I will be posting the tunes at least once a week :)
View attachment 107545

I noticed your replica gt3 set-ups have you tried doing a replica gt3 set-up for the McLaren MP4-12c '10 and Nissan GTR?

I noticed your replica gt3 set-ups have you tried doing a replica gt3 set-up for the McLaren MP4-12c '10 and Nissan GTR?

I will post the McLaren MP4-12C after I posted EU F40 :) Then Ford GT GT3, while for GTR, there's already a tune for it under bonus tune ( we have the real GT3 GTR, including base model in GT6 ). We will be getting another GT3 Blancpain car soon in game, Team GT Academy RJN Youtube livery GT3. Check 1.07 update undocumented changes thread.

awww sweet the the Ford GT3 one of my favorite GT3 cars or actually GT1 car. The Matech Ford's were always my favorite GT cars along with the Gulf Aston Martin Vantage and the McLarens
matech-Paul%20Ricard%20HTTT%202.jpg

I know we have the real Nissan GTR GT3 cars I was wondering if there's a way to set up a regular stock GTR to your replica GT3 cars

This replica has become the tune of this week :

TOYOTA MOTORSPORTS GmbH ( TMG ) 86 GT CS V3 Race Car ( GT86 CUP )

Tuned to replicate GT86 TMG CS V3 Cup Car
Sports Medium to Racing Hard

CAR : Toyota 86 'Racing' '13
Tire : Sports Medium to Racing Hard ( Pirelli DH Slick 245/620 17 )

Specs
Horsepower: 254 HP at 7700 RPM
Torque : 176.6 ft-lb at 7200 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1207 kg ( running weight )
Ballast : 64 kg
Ballast Position : -24
Weight Distribution : 54 / 46 as the real car spec.
Performance Points: 441

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED ) -MANDATORY - the real car has welded roll cage from factory.
Wheels : Standard Size- OZ RACING Ultraleggera in grey or silver
Car Paint : White

Tuning Parts Installed :
Sports Computer ( TMG ECU Update )
Racing Exhaust ( HJS Motorsports Type )
Catalytic Converter Sports
Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Brakes Kit ( Project Mu Racing999 + Braided Lines )
Weight Reduction Stage 1

Suspension - OHLINS TTX36 2 Way Racing Coilover with Helper Springs
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 122 135
Spring Rate: 15.67 18.67
Dampers (Compression): 6 5
Dampers (Extension): 6 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 3
Camber Angle: 0.3 0.2 ( use zero camber all around if wanted max grip possible, or use TMG base setup max range - front 0-3.25, rear 1.12+-.45 )
Toe Angle: -0.15 0.23 ( TMG base front 2mm out, rear 3 mm in )

Brake Balance:
5/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/3, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I would recommend to run just one click higher on rear brake.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/5 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
This is one of my hardest to make replica, I had to researched everywhere, magazines, forums, and technical docs. The real CS V3 has 200PS base engine in tech specs, but for racing use, it has FIA approved racing exhaust + catalyst and TMG Updated ECU. I decided to use whatever power in GT6 has with racing exhaust + ECU + Catalytic converter. The tire is Pirelli DH slick, but in GT6, racing hard has too much grip, more like DM/DS slick, so I opted for sports medium ( similar to R comp semi slick ) or sports soft ( similar to DH slick IMO ) with optional to use racing hard.

Suspension of the real car is Ohlins TTX36 2 way Racing coilover with main + helper springs. To adapt these springs, I combined both to one spring rate :) The real car uses 2 rear differential option, one stock with 3.727 and torsen LSD with 4.100 ( GT6 stock LSD + gearbox came with this ), so I use stock GT6 diff :) Everything else are as close as possible to real car. Enjoy the drive :) This car will be great for spec endurance racing.

The car in action IRL :

In case you are wondering why there's no weekly rewind this week, it has been posted in the weekly rewind official thread :

GTPlanet Weekly Rewind, Miniature Edition: Where Dreams Are Driven

Welcome to the first Miniature Edition of the Weekly Rewind. If you haven't noticed by now, there isn't going to be a published edition of the Rewind this week because, well, I can't divulge that information just yet so you'll just have to trust me. I have an award for "Trustworthy Man", so there's nothing that you need to worry yourselves about. However, If something, whatever it may be, goes awry then you can file a report with your local Congressman and ask them why they continue to fund my shenanigans - yes, all of them. I'm that trustworthy.

This past week was a great one for those still eager to play Gran Turismo 6 at any given opportunity as the newest Vision GT made its way to the game in the form of a BMW, an awfully good-looking one at that. It was a good week for a number of other reasons as well, some of which we'll get into and others we won't.

GTPlanet Picture of the Week

14185634354_8df266834c_b.jpg

You had to have seen this one coming. The brand-spanking-new BMW Vision Gran Turismo for all the world to see, recommended by @The Stig Farmer and courtesy of @AudiMan2011.

GTPlanet Vehicle of the Week

This week's featured vehicle is a blast from Gran Turismo's past, the Daishin Silvia featured in Gran Turismo 2 and a car that I used oh-so-frequently next to the S2000 GT1.

GTPlanet Tune of the Week

This week's featured tune is yet another crafted replica, recommended by @thehobnob97 and courtesy of @Ridox2JZGTE, and features the 2013 Toyota '86 Racing under the guise of the 86 GT CS V3 Race Car.

"This is one of my hardest to make replica, I had to researched everywhere, magazines, forums, and technical docs. The real CS V3 has 200PS base engine in tech specs, but for racing use, it has FIA approved racing exhaust + catalyst and TMG Updated ECU. I decided to use whatever power in GT6 has with racing exhaust + ECU + Catalytic converter. The tire is Pirelli DH slick, but in GT6, racing hard has too much grip, more like DM/DS slick, so I opted for sports medium ( similar to R comp semi slick ) or sports soft (similar to DH slick IMO) with optional to use racing hard."

Should you want to take a look at this monster, and there's no reason why you shouldn't, you'll want to stop by the RIDOX Replica Garage and give it a whirl!

Project CARS: The McLaren P1 Has Arrived

If you're a member of the WMD community and were lucky enough to purchase a toolpack, then you will no doubt know by now that the McLaren P1 has finally been exported into the game for the whole of the community to take for a spin, all while realizing there's plenty more detail to come. It's important to note that the physics and its audio are placeholders at the moment.

If you were unable to purchase a toolpack, the phrase "placeholder" may not sit very weill with you, and I can assure you that it is just that: a placeholder. Consider the almost night and day differences when the Audi R8 LMS was first exported to the time it received a unique audio overhaul.

Once Project CARS releases later this year you will be able to take the McLaren P1 to any track within the game, making full use of DRS and IPAS.

Closing Thoughts

I know what you're thinking, and the Weekly Rewind will be back in its full-length format next week. The next time this should happen I'll be better prepared as this was quite literally a last minute change; as in just one minute before I started to write the Rewind the plans were changed.

Today, Godzilla hits the US theaters and I am eagerly looking forward to seeing it in a Regal DPX theater with Dolby Atmos surround sound, which is nothing more than the techno-babble version of "I want to see this in a theater that will make me feel like I'm there!".

There's a lot I'm saving for next week so let's rip this band-aid off as we look forward to next week. Until then, keep racing!

Images by GPR and GTAndy36.​

Enjoy the good read :D

The TMG 86GT CS V3 Cup car is great for one make races on lower PP, I had great time racing it in A spec career and arcade races. Now, if only there's WRS or GTP club use it as one make race league, I think it could work wonders :P

Last edited:

Specs

GT AUTO
NO Oil change

Tuning Parts Installed :
Intake Tuning or Optional High RPM Range Turbo Kit -- see notes for more details.
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - Eibach ERS Springs with Street/Track Tuned Damper and Real World Alignment
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 101 101 - standard - Alternate Ride Height F/R : 63 56 ( lowest ), 115 115 ( high ) and 81 101 ( track lowered)
Spring Rate: 8.25 12.00 - Alternate High Speed Track Oriented Spring Rate F/R : 12.00 12.00

Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Auto Max Speed to 220kmh / 137mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.692
2nd 2.285
3rd 1.636
4th 1.284
5th 0.978

or

Brake Balance:
7/6 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/5, for ABS 1 7/6 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/6 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
Ferrari F40, the last great Ferrari IMO, no electronics aids, just pure man and machine :)

This car is one of my most favorite ride in GT5 and GT6, and it's well known for it's inaccuracy in terms of stats and stock setup.

I made this special replica build with the main goal of correcting the mistakes and make it handle more like a Ferrari, whatever that means :P

First of all, there are 2 region market for Ferrari F40, Europe and US. Both has distinctive setup from power, weight to gearing.

The US market has heavier dry weight, with added parts and interior + exterior modification to comply with US Federal regulations. To compensate for the added weight, US F40 also has higher power output and closer gearing. This gives US F40 roughly close performance to the EU F40 when both have cats installed ( catalytic converters ). All US F40 do not come with variable ride height system ( lift kit ) when sold, while the EU F40 factory delivered with the lift kit system. Several US F40 have been retrofitted with lift kit :)

This replica is a representation of US F40 with lift kit, EIBACH ERS springs installed and lowest reported corner weight ( dry ).

The power of US F40 from dyno reports of around just below 500HP to 503HP / 510PS with dry weight of 1286kg / 2835 lbs and 42/58 weight distribution.

To achieve the power figure, I decided to use Intake Tuning, this gives higher torque increase while replicating power.
I used it as I prefer stock turbo characteristics, use High RPM Range Turbo Kit instead, if you want lower torque / closer to real life torque at the expense of altered turbo characteristics and set power limiter at 99.4% - 503HP, 438.6 ft-lb.

For suspension, I have used EIBACH ERS springs at 8.25kg/mm front and 12.0kg/mm rear, maintaining spring ratio for the stock F40 spring rate, as the stock value can't be achieved. Damper setup for street and track, with ARB set for balance. Toe and camber has been setup with real world alignment values, based on F355 alignment which from report share similar alignment with F40 - closest information I can get :)

An alternate spring rate at 12kg/mm front and rear also provided, this is more oriented for high speed cornering and sweepers.

The real Ferrari F40 has ZF Self Locking LSD, the closest similar setup that I could find decent info from is also from Ferrari F355, so I used the F355 LSD spec for this build, 45% lock.

Transmission has also been fixed, with correct US F40 ratios and final. Top speed of real F40 in US record at 324kmh/201mph has also been replicated.

The F40 was extensively tuned/tested at Ascari, Tsukuba, Spa, Bathurst, Nordschleife, SSR7, Apricot Hill, Brands Hatch GP and Willow Springs.

I also managed to replicate the real life lap time of F40 at Tsukuba, done on Best Motoring at 1:03.73. The car easily do low 1:03s, while my best was 1:02s on comfort soft :D

Another real life at Suzuka record 2:25.27 in real life can easily be replicated, with my 1st lap at high 2:24s :P, also on comfort soft.

View attachment 156919
View attachment 156928

View attachment 156921
View attachment 156914

View attachment 156918
View attachment 156915

View attachment 156931
View attachment 156911

View attachment 156906
View attachment 156910
Can't reach the tranny values. :-(
Maybe Auto Max Speed to 320?

Can't reach the tranny values. :-(

Hold on, I am testing the Blackbird at Tsukuba now, will double check on the F40 :)

@danbojte : Really sorry, I missed the small detail, set final first to 4.000, then set lowest top speed 220kmh, then set each gear, then move final to 2.900

This should give similar performance to real life as well ( mph speed units ) US stock F40 rolling acceleration :

60 - 100 : 3.7s
60 - 130 : 8.6s
60 - 140 : 10.3s

Tune has been updated 👍

Optimum shift point at 7700RPM, just like real life F40 :)

Last edited:
Hey Ridox, i was wondering about making a gt3 replica by myself (my first tune done with "rigor"), and I want ask you some details about making a tune. Usually what parameters do you leave" real life", power and weight (obviously, otherwise what replica will it be?:lol:), gearing (if you can find them) and also suspension and lsd? Thank you very much for your help:)

Hey Ridox, i was wondering about making a gt3 replica by myself (my first tune done with "rigor"), and I want ask you some details about making a tune. Usually what parameters do you leave" real life", power and weight (obviously, otherwise what replica will it be?:lol:), gearing (if you can find them) and also suspension and lsd? Thank you very much for your help:)

Making a replica is a long and tedious process :) You will need to do a lot of research, sometimes not much data can be found online.

The most important part is getting as much data as possible, reviews of suspension parts and LSD also very useful for aiming a target handling that you are trying to replicate. LSD in real life is very much unlike in GT6 LSD tune that most people use ( low initial, low accel and brake ). If you take a careful look on most tuners here in GTP, they will almost always use low value LSD all the time to make the car safer and easier. Sometimes very low, that the LSD is like an open differential ( when initial, accel and brake are less than 10 ) Most real life LSD are tight, responsive and requires the driver to be more precise with throttle, brake and steering, which will give the best lap time possible, which is why aftermarket LSD on the street can be too much for the non enthusiasts, especially in the rain or snow :lol:. If you read through car enthusiasts forums, and in particular discussing LSD/differential, you will notice that most aftermarket LSD are aggressive with preload, locking ratio, some even gives loud chatter when driven ( this is with clutch type LSD, various type LSD like torsen, helical and quaife have distinct traits in torque response, locking behavior and effectiveness )

Also, I have posted this in a conversation with @cbarbosa regarding tuning :

Here are some of the steps that I used to tune cars :

Before driving and tuning, I would suggest to reset all settings, meaning lowest spring, lowest damper, ARB, neutral toe and camber.

How do you know how stiff the spring needs to be ? You should consider the type of tires the car going to use dominantly. Racing tires generally requires higher spring. The chassis also affect how stiff it needs to be, an easy way is to increase both front and back from lowest by 2k increments, and drive it, check the body roll and how bouncy the chassis when thrown around. Once you find a set value that gives good feel and the car is firm but not too rigid, you can start altering the spring rate balance.

Increase either the front and rear to half the range of adjustment, and drive it again, take a note of the handling changes, does the car benefit from higher spring up front or higher rear, or same rate. If the car drives better to you with higher rear or front, increase the ratio by 1.10, stepping up each time, test it and see how it goes. You should meet a spring rate level, where the spring will start giving negative impact on the car handling. That's the sign to step back in value and find the sweet spot, usually 0.5k step.

Then this :

Here is a part of my method to tuning cars in GT6 - this is posted at Stratos Difficult Car thread :

With spring rate set/chosen, time to tune the rest of the suspension ( Deciding the spring rate also can be done in similar method as with damper below - the higher the grip of the tire, the harder the spring, running racing tires with very soft spring is not advisable )

Damper, here is a simple step that I adapted from the method that I did in real world, start off with all at lowest value, this includes compression, extension, ARB, and zero toe as well as camber. Drive the car on the track where you can be consistent and has variety corners to highlight the car's weakness easily. I would suggest to set the LSD to 5/5/5 first.

Now, make changes to rear compression only, change to max at 10, and drive for several laps, make a note of how the car handle, go back and reduce by 2, 8 then 6 then 4 and so on, this will take time, so use shorter track if you prefer. Once you feel the rear has better traction and rides the bumps well, continue to adjusting the rear extension, set it at max, then one click higher than compression, then same as compression and 1/2 click lower. Make a note of each setting handling, choose one which gives better stability under acceleration on mid corner and exits. Also pay attention to how the car rotates when braking and turning. Now onto the front damper, with the rear setup done, do the same on the front compression, make a note of each value, how the car behaved under braking, hitting bumps, changing directions and corner entry grip. Set to the value that gives the best feel. Then do the extension, find one that gives good braking ability, less understeer/push on entry.

Now the damper is done, time for the ARB, as they are set at 1 front and back, the car will have some roll ( depend on the weight, chassis and spring rate strength ). Increase rear to max, and drive the car, notice how the rear has less roll and much more responsive, but usually becomes tight on the limit. Same steps, reduce and drive until you find a value that feels responsive but give the car good rotation. Do the same with front ARB, at max, it should be responsive but very tight when entering mid/high speed, find the spot that balance the response and entry rotation.

For camber, any value above 0.0 will reduce grip, so use that to your advantage, if you have FF car that still lack in rotation for example, use front 0.0 and rear at 0.5 or above - I don't recommend to go above 1.5, as usually it starts to hit cornering speed and the rear loses grip too easily. For the Stratos, if the front tires is too grippy, use 0.2 for a start, I don't recommend higher than 1.0 as it will be detrimental to front tire grip causing understeer and lower cornering speed. ( this is for 1.08 and below, after 1.09, camber is improved, there are dynamic changes in grip when under peak load / cornering )

Toe : I usually use real world alignment and there's should be no need to use high value if the spring, damper, ARB and camber sorted out. I rarely use more than toe in or out of 0.30 for simple tuning, replicas sometimes uses more than 0.30, depend on the alignment spec in real life. For FF car, 0.10 toe out or less is usually enough with neutral rear at 0.00. Use both toe in for Stratos - as IRL, Stratos HF Stradale owners used front toe in and neutral rear or same toe in as front ( 1mm to 2mm ), don't go too high as it will induce understeer, 0.15 to 0.19 toe in is more than enough IMO.

In general, rear damper changes can be felt on mid to exit of corners, while front damper on braking, entry and steering response/stability ( stiffer front damper = more responsive ) Don't go too stiff with damper, it will cause the car to bounce on bumpy road. A good place to test your preferred damper is at Bathurst and Nurburgring GP/F.

It takes time, sometimes you may drive up to 300km or more fine tuning the suspension.

For LSD basics :

the higher the initial, the less changes to occur between left and right wheel, but this will cause to car to be tighter/understeer.

higher accel : more understeer/tight, better traction, more responsive to throttle, but can be very edgy - break traction suddenly.

higher braking : stable braking, lessen lift off oversteer, tighter entry.

I would highly advise you to try the method above :) it's slow and tedious, but good for learning the intricacies of tuning in GT6. I would recommend short track that you are most familiar, where there are tight corners, medium speed and high speed sweeper, something like Tsukuba, Ascari, Brands Hatch GP etc.

And more :

I also add that different car layout requires different approach in spring rate, damper and ARB tuning. For FF car, starting with spring, increase front 1st then rear for nose heavy car then go from there, sometimes lower spring rate at the front work well too. For FR, you have to consider the weight distribution, stiffer rear usually gives more rotation. For MR, lower spring ratio ( closer between front and rear ) usually works best, also heavily depend on how much heavier the rear end is, sometimes lower spring rate at the rear works great ( NSX for example which is similar in real life )

For RR, usually with more than 60% weight at the rear, you will have to use high ratio spring, about 1.30 to 1.5, and even 2.0+, this means you could have 6kg/mm front and 12kg/mm rear or 6kg/mm front and 7.8kg/mm rear. Most of the time, the closer the spring rate difference on RR cars, the handling becomes less responsive, with front lower usually ends in understeer on entry. Never stop experimenting, the most important step is choosing spring rate that works best to you. Sometimes RR/MR cars works great with lower rear spring.

Damper tuning also depend on car layout, with FF you can start with rear damper then front, while FR, MR and RR, you can start with front damper, then rear. For AWD, depend on the car handling balance and torque split, you can start with rear damper 1st :) In general, at the front damper, high value increase response, too high comp and ext will increase tightness, high comp, low ext will slow the steering response and entry to mid corner ability. For rear damper, the higher value, the more rotation usually it gives, too high comp, the rear will lose traction easily, high comp, low ext will make the rear slower to rotate on exit and sluggish in high speed steering. Easy rule step, always tune comp first then ext.

So, in summary, use stock ride height,1st step : spring rate, 2nd step : lower ride height until you find the car more stable but not bottoming out on bumpy tracks, best to test it at Foxhole ( green hell ), 3rd step : damper tuning, 4th step : ARB, 5th step : toe and camber. During suspension tuning, you can always fiddle with LSD. Revisit ride height again if necessary.

You can actually use LSD to produce certain type of tune, on a oversteer prone car, use LSD that will induce understeer, then tune suspension to balance it or vice versa. You will need to know your goal in tuning the car, make it safer, a replica, endurance race or hotlap/TT.

And last, a tune made well is not always fool proof, you will often needs to make small changes when the tune is driven on different track, testing the tune on variety of tracks is good practice if the time allows, but often you will find that you will keep changing things on different tracks :lol: Sometimes you need to find a middle point/compromise :P

If you try my F40 US version replica, it has variety of ride height, and 3 sets of LSD, the tune has been made to work with all of them. Lower front on ride height gives less rotation, while lower rear gives more rotation. Try all ride high setup, and notice how the ride height difference affects the car, then use the 3 different LSD initial on each ride height setup to understand how certain ride height difference can work together with certain initial torque value LSD - also depend on driving style ( match the low front/high rear ride height with lower initial :) )

Last edited:

Specs

GT AUTO
NO Oil change

Tuning Parts Installed :
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Front, Rear

Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.000
Set Auto Max Speed to 220kmh / 137mph ( lowest )
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.692
2nd 2.285
3rd 1.636
4th 1.284
5th 0.978
Optimum Shift Point : 7700 RPM ( as in real life )

or

Brake Balance:
7/6 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/5, for ABS 1 7/6 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Notes :

The real Ferrari F40 has ZF Self Locking LSD, the closest similar setup that I could find decent info from is also from Ferrari F355, so I used the F355 LSD spec for this build, 45% lock.

Transmission has also been fixed, with correct US F40 ratios and final. Top speed of real F40 in US record at 324kmh/201mph has also been replicated.

View attachment 156919
View attachment 156928

View attachment 156921
View attachment 156914

View attachment 156918
View attachment 156915

View attachment 156931
View attachment 156911

View attachment 156906
View attachment 156910
ib, Super Car Festival, SM, STD settings, ABS 0 (7/6) - Winner!

Super, Ascari 10 laps, SM, STD settings, ABS 0 (7/6) - Winner!

Pretty unstable, pilot car but interesting. 👍

ib, Super Car Festival, SM, STD settings, ABS 0 (7/6) - Winner!

Super, Ascari 10 laps, SM, STD settings, ABS 0 (7/6) - Winner!

Pretty unstable, pilot car but interesting. 👍

I see you are using STD setup, if you find the rear rotate too quickly, use the lower front track ride height ( 81/101 ), and if the 40/27/27 LSD too tight, use the 37/27/27 or 17/27/27 :) If these don't work well, use the 12kg/mm spring all around on standard ride height 101/101 and 37/27/27 LSD :cheers:

The unstable feeling is from the higher camber at the rear :) as I used real life camber alignment from 355 spec, how I wish camber and ride height is not broken :grumpy: it's glaring issue when making replicas :banghead: Lowering rear camber will add more grip to the rear :)

Back