Sundays 17:00-19:00 GMT - HISTORIC LM Replicas: Champions: Siggers, Harsk, PimikiFinished 

Do you have a PS4?

• No and planning to switch to PC, XBox One or retire (please let me know approximately when).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had some disconnection issues every race, but I think I located the problem. The wife bought some fountain speakers, which apparently can disrupt the router. How the hell am I supposed to get rid of these things?
WP_20151129_001.jpg

^ Haha, nice gadget! 👍 Today's races were fun, good battles! The hair in the soup was a lag spike issue in race 1 (sorry @Siggers) which would have killed the race even without heavy damage. And the mechanics get no payroll today, the XJ13 was set up horrible for the Red Bull Ring. :irked: Was a pain to drive, the back slipped under breaking and acceleration. Had a great battle with @Sick Cylinder nonetheless. :)👍

the XJ13 was set up horrible for the Red Bull Ring. :irked: Was a pain to drive, the back slipped under breaking and acceleration.

You ain't lying. I was on the verge of just giving up this race and sitting in the pits. The oversteer and tire spin on the XJ13 was almost unbearable today.. Doesn't make any better knowing the Redbull Ring is literally my worst and most disliked track.

I hate that track so much. Every race I crashed out, and because I had to re-join from the connection issues I then started race 2 from the back. All in all a disastrous weekend. Please no more heavy damage.

I hate that track so much. Every race I crashed out, and because I had to re-join from the connection issues I then started race 2 from the back. All in all a disastrous weekend. Please no more heavy damage.

To give it the benefit of the doubt, that was kinda a bad track to start the Heavy damage test on.

I had three great races today!

The Alfa is pretty slow off the grid, due to its peaky power curve, so I lost a couple of positions before the first corner. Had a great battle with @Harsk100 in the Shelby!

Between race 1 and 2 I got disconnected, but it was probably the router that took a brief time-out and it had nothing to do with the room.

In race two I suspect that I was invisible to Simba, because again I had a slower start than the rest of the grid and he hit me pretty hard from behind and I got suspension damage on the rear right wheel. So I did this race with 3/4 of a car :lol:
It was still fun though, the damage made the car a little unsteady and made the race a little more challenging, but not too bad.

The GT40 was also fun, although it balances on a very fine edge. If you catch a little bit of drift in the wrong place, even if you're not necessarily going too fast, it's easy to go off the track, which I did a couple of times. I managed to stay clear of damage though, and during the last couple of laps it was pretty close racing between me and @IfAndOr. Couldn't quite manage to close the gap though.

Next Sunday I'm not available, so bring in the reserves @Sick Cylinder!

In race two I suspect that I was invisible to Simba, because again I had a slower start than the rest of the grid and he hit me pretty hard from behind and I got suspension damage on the rear right wheel. So I did this race with 3/4 of a car :lol:
It was still fun though, the damage made the car a little unsteady and made the race a little more challenging, but not too bad.

Yes its true, I just checked the replay you, manasseh and one more car had been invisible to me at the second race. Also to flaco who was at my home today.

As to the damage theme, I got damaged when I spun in the first round caused by my own low driving skill, but managed to finish the whole race though. The second race I thought I got damage but didn´t see anything in the replay. Third race: Embarassing start right to the wall :banghead: with heavy damage so I made it to the pits, but missed the entrance so the mechanics didn´t do anything. One more lap into the pits and then I raced nearly alone until Lex and Harsk lapped me so I got third ;) (with one lap behind)

All in all it was a lot of fun and I hope to see all of you next sundays.

:cheers: Simba

Ah, first post. Welcome to GTplanet Andreas/Simba. 👍
(1961 was a good year. ;))

Yes its true, I just checked the replay you, manasseh and one more car had been invisible to me at the second race. Also to flaco who was at my home today.
Now that's interesting! That kind of proves that it's nothing to do with individual PS3's connections or caches etc. but more related to the routers connection to the internet - and by default to other players. Hmm...

2 questions.
Were you both wired or on wi-fi?
Do you know if you have plug and play enabled on your router & PS3(s)? This in theory should open the correct ports that GT6 requires open to function correctly.

--------------------

Racing - Not too bad today. I deliberately didn't qualify because I'd thought I'd wait to see what the first few corners were going to be like with full damage. It turned out not to be carnage after all. :)

All three races were quite enjoyable with a fair bit of position swapping. Mine and Erans cars must have magnets fitted because they often close together towards the end of the race. :)

Damage report: The first and last races were damage free with very little contact. The second race I picked up some front suspension damage (and a crooked steering wheel) mid race when I collected a sideways Siggers. Sorry mate I couldn't avoid you.
So... It sort of worked OK. But I can see why some don't like it. From what I saw it was clean today.

Perhaps Sick, since it's the Nord next week, you could swap to the increased penalties to see if that goes down well.

Oh, and we'll done to Max for his improvement. 👍
Well in the GT40 anyway. :P

Thank you If, for your welcome

To answer your questions:
  • we were both wired to the router.
  • we gave different server ports to the PS3 to avoid using the same server (don´t know if this is correct or necessary) but in the beginning we only managed to log in only one PS3, so I changed this setting on the router. Meanwhile we shut down both machines and started them again. Then everything seemed to be OK. We tried to drive together in a room which we created and then the first race, - everything just fine. After the second race, when we realised (more or less) that there were invisibility, we both got out of the room and back again - third race then was OK again.
  • We did no changes with plug and play - not on the PS3(s) nor on the router.
Maybe we all should try (together) to improve our connection issues. (Sorry, naive Beginner speaking !)

To answer your questions
It's really a very strange beast GT6. Works one moment and then the next it doesn't! There's going to be a lot of complaints if the paid for PS4 online racing in GT-whatever hasn't improved.

It seems like you did all the correct things. A router reboot sometimes helps. I do know (on mine anyway) that the PnP can sometimes get disabled. I usually check this before racing.
System/network/connection status. The PnP should be near the bottom.

If you haven't read it already, there's a good section in the manual regarding online
http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/manual/#!/onlinerace/howtorace
(Change the gb to the country/language of choice)

Your main problems seem to have occurred after we had a few "visitors" entering and exiting. They also caused a few lag spikes. You really should consider trying out a club only room @Sick Cylinder . It might improve things it might not, but it's worth a go.

I've just looked up next track think the damage shouldn't be on lol.:ouch:
I think Sick's planning on dropping it down to light - hopefully.

Race 1. Qualified second behind Manasseh. Alfa doesn't like standing starts so I lost a few positions. Managed to reclaim 4th place behind the Hungarian duo Miki and Lex, a couple of minor mistakes gave Max the oportunities to overtake me but I ended up in front, but I couldn't close up to the leaders. Fun race, well done Max, no damages.

Race 2. Lost positions again of course at start. But this time (because of minor tweak in setup) was more consistent and passed Lex, when I missjudged a braking point Lex bumped in my rear which might have gave him damage. Sorry about that, Lex. I also got close to Miki but when he ran wide on last corner he ran right into my side at re-entering track, we both ended up with damage for the last lap. I felt it was still controlable but didn't risk another attack on Miki. I didn't see Manasseh (and two more drivers) who was at same height as Miki and me and was involved in the incident, very sorry Manasseh for the problems I caused you, same goes to eran.

Race 3. I entered completely unprepaired, haven't had touched the GT40 since Zahara IIRC. Quali went as expected at the middle of the grid 7th. Ford was a handful to drive but not too bad on the oversteer, just that I had no idea where the braking points are I needed a couple of laps to find them. Had a blast with some nice battling with Siggers who also seemed to struggle with his Ferrari, yet it was quality stuff, hard but without any contact at all (IIRC). Again, no damage. Came as an absolute surprise to me ending up on the podium (3rd). That kind of Champagne tastes good!

Last edited:
Yesterday, I have practised on Nordschleife with Lex on GT40 and my Lotus Europa.

I have my #44 Lotus Europa ready, so I'm sure that I'm going to win, as it is very fast! :D

During the race I didn't notice the missing racing number on the Porsche Systems Engineering Porsche 906/6 (Ferrari "Dino" 246 GT) #41. @Sick Cylinder the number will be present on the car for Round 9. I will put my prejudice aside and hope the colaboration Flaco/'Porsche' Systems can bear fruits. ;)
Isn't @Sick Cylinder in GT40 class of 1967 Sports Ten Cup?

I hope that my Lotus Team can keep with its victories, as I'll help them to come back to victories after they have failed to achieve the 5th consecutive victory.

Championship Points including Round 8

Round 8 1967.jpg

Above - before deduction of two lowest scores Manasseh leads GT40 from Siggers, Pimiki leads GT3 from Lex Lathor, Bloodyboyblue leads GT5 from Harsk (Note Buybon has retired from the series.

Below - before deduction of two lowest scores Siggers leads the prototypes while Lex Lathor leads GT40.

Round 8 1966.jpg

Interview with Harsk

1. What is the secret behind your speed?
Well, my secret behind my speed is to exit corners fast as I can and my transmission flip method.

2. Do you use a wheel or controller?

I use a DualShock 3 Controller.

3. If you use a wheel, what sort of wheel and rig or stand?
I have a Thrustmaster Ferrari Wheel, but I don't use it.

4. How many hours per week do you practise?
Well, I don't usually practice because I don't want to my PS3 to overheat. I used to practice when I was in first races of World Classic Series. But anyways, I have been doing the practice with Lex in Fridays.

5. How do you tune your cars - what do you start with first?

I start with Tuning Parts and then I change settings, in case that my car is not hadling very well or then, I also put "Improve Body Rigidity".

6. How long have you been playing GT?

I have been playing GT for 10 years. My passion for GT has started when I played Gran Turismo 2 in my old friend's hous, but my first GT that I got was the Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec for Sony Playstation 2. And then 1 year after, I got the Gran Turismo 4. In Summer 2009, with Gran Turismo 5 almost being released, I got my PS3 with Gran Turismo 5 Prologue and then, in Christmas 2010, I got my Gran Turismo 5. In December 6th 2013, I got the Gran Turismo 6 on the dot!!! When I was playing Gran Turismo 5, I already had done a GT6 pre-order. I'm planning to buy a Gran Turismo Concept 2002 and the Gran Turismo 4 Prologue, along with GTSports, GT7 and my PS4.

7. How old are you or is that private?

I'm 19 years old. But I will turn 20 years old in January 19th.

8. What does your family think of your hobby?

Well, I live with my parents. But to be honest in my opinion, my family accepts my hobby, as long as I don't play too late because I have to turn my hobbies off at 10/11 PM.

9. What sort of car do you drive in real life?

Well, I don't drive a car yet because I don't have a Driver License yet. But I'm trying to do everything I can, because I always had a passion for the cars since I was 3 years old. So, that's why I want to take the Licenses Card, so I will drive a car. I don't know what car I will drive after I take the License Card, but I may go to a Dealership next to my house to buy one.

10. Do you drive fast in real life?

Well, if I had a car, I would not drive so fast in the roads, for the traffic reasons, but if there was a highway, then I would drive fast, but if there aren't too many cars around.

11. What car would you drive if you won a lot of money?
Well, if I had a lot of money, I would get the Ford Focus FR200, but if that Concept Car could not be bought, then I would have choosen the Lotus Elise Mk1 or then a Ferrari 288 GTO.

Next Round 9 Nordschleife - Gold and Platinum Drivers don't forget to change cars

Damage will be reduced to light for the Nordschleife as it is a long track. Personally I thought the heavy damage setting was a big success and resulted in less contact / better driving standards so we will try it again for round 10.

I found this superb rare clip of the 1966 1000KM which I hope you all enjoy - turn up the sound for excellent commentary and engine sounds.

Christmas Presents
If you are thinking about getting some motorsport books for Christmas I strongly recommend the following which I have really enjoyed reading this year. Below left A J Baime - Go Like Hell - written in a pacy style which is exciting even for people with little or no interest in motorsport it tells the story of the battle between Henry Ford and Enzo Ferrari for supremacy at Le Mans.

Below right I am currently just over half way through Duncan Hamilton's autobiography - it has been great to read it after Go Like Hell as there is a big contrast between the amateur adventurers of the 1950's and the professional drivers of the 1960's. Hamilton for instance prepares for the le Mans 24 hour race, which he won, by drinking a double brandy before the start and topping up with more alcohol in the pits between driver changes. In another sports car race he dons his swimming trunks and goes for a paddle in the sea to cool off before changing back into his racing clothes for another stint in the car - it's difficult to imagine today's star drivers behaving like that!

Xmas Books 1.jpg

Xmas Books 2.jpg

Above - every motorsports enthusiast should read Mark Donoghue's Unfair Advantage - it will open your eyes to the amount of preparation that goes into a successful racing car - the sort of thorough preparation that Mark did before even some of the factories had caught up.

Bottom right - Inside Shelby American was written by John Morton who later went on to win National titles for Datsun (Nissan). He starts with Shelby as a sweeper upper and odd jobs man and progresses to race driver - it gives a fascinating background account.

You can get these books secondhand from Amazon for just a few pence in some cases and provided that your English reading is OK I am sure you will thoroughly enjoy them.

If your relatives can afford more than books maybe you could ask for one of these cars - enjoy this episode of Chris Harris on Cars:

Next Series
The next series: Historic BSCC 2 and AMOC 80 Intermarque starts in January next year and I hope you will all want to join in. Link to next series:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...st-day-3rd-january-2016.316028/#post-11120084

Last edited:
Championship Points including Round 8

View attachment 487968

Above - before deduction of two lowest scores Manasseh leads GT40 from Siggers, Pimiki leads GT3 from Lex Lathor, Bloodyboyblue leads GT5 from Harsk (Note Buybon has retired from the series.

Below - before deduction of two lowest scores Siggers leads the prototypes while Lex Lathor leads GT40.

View attachment 487969

Interview with Harsk

1. What is the secret behind your speed?
Well, my secret behind my speed is to exit corners fast as I can and my transmission flip method.

2. Do you use a wheel or controller?

I use a DualShock 3 Controller.

3. If you use a wheel, what sort of wheel and rig or stand?
I have a Thrustmaster Ferrari Wheel, but I don't use it.

4. How many hours per week do you practise?
Well, I don't usually practice because I don't want to my PS3 to overheat. I used to practice when I was in first races of World Classic Series. But anyways, I have been doing the practice with Lex in Fridays.

5. How do you tune your cars - what do you start with first?

I start with Tuning Parts and then I change settings, in case that my car is not hadling very well or then, I also put "Improve Body Rigidity".

6. How long have you been playing GT?

I have been playing GT for 10 years. My passion for GT has started when I played Gran Turismo 2 in my old friend's hous, but my first GT that I got was the Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec for Sony Playstation 2. And then 1 year after, I got the Gran Turismo 4. In Summer 2009, with Gran Turismo 5 almost being released, I got my PS3 with Gran Turismo 5 Prologue and then, in Christmas 2010, I got my Gran Turismo 5. In December 6th 2013, I got the Gran Turismo 6 on the dot!!! When I was playing Gran Turismo 5, I already had done a GT6 pre-order. I'm planning to buy a Gran Turismo Concept 2002 and the Gran Turismo 4 Prologue, along with GTSports, GT7 and my PS4.

7. How old are you or is that private?

I'm 19 years old. But I will turn 20 years old in January 19th.

8. What does your family think of your hobby?

Well, I live with my parents. But to be honest in my opinion, my family accepts my hobby, as long as I don't play too late because I have to turn my hobbies off at 10/11 PM.

9. What sort of car do you drive in real life?

Well, I don't drive a car yet because I don't have a Driver License yet. But I'm trying to do everything I can, because I always had a passion for the cars since I was 3 years old. So, that's why I want to take the Licenses Card, so I will drive a car. I don't know what car I will drive after I take the License Card, but I may go to a Dealership next to my house to buy one.

10. Do you drive fast in real life?

Well, if I had a car, I would not drive so fast in the roads, for the traffic reasons, but if there was a highway, then I would drive fast, but if there aren't too many cars around.

11. What car would you drive if you won a lot of money?
Well, if I had a lot of money, I would get the Ford Focus FR200, but if that Concept Car could not be bought, then I would have choosen the Lotus Elise Mk1 or then a Ferrari 288 GTO.

Next Round 9 Nordschleife - Gold and Platinum Drivers don't forget to change cars

Damage will be reduced to light for the Nordschleife as it is a long track. Personally I thought the heavy damage setting was a big success and resulted in less contact / better driving standards so we will try it again for round 10.

I found this superb rare clip of the 1966 1000KM which I hope you all enjoy - turn up the sound for excellent commentary and engine sounds.

Christmas Presents
If you are thinking about getting some motorsport books for Christmas I strongly recommend the following which I have really enjoyed reading this year. Below left A J Baime - Go Like Hell - written in a pacy style which is exciting even for people with little or no interest in motorsport it tells the story of the battle between Henry Ford and Enzo Ferrari for supremacy at Le Mans.

Below right I am currently just over half way through Duncan Hamilton's autobiography - it has been great to read it after Go Like Hell as there is a big contrast between the amateur adventurers of the 1950's and the professional drivers of the 1960's. Hamilton for instance prepares for the le Mans 24 hour race, which he won, by drinking a double brandy before the start and topping up with more alcohol in the pits between driver changes. In another sports car race he dons his swimming trunks and goes for a paddle in the sea to cool off before changing back into his racing clothes for another stint in the car - it's difficult to imagine today's star drivers behaving like that!

View attachment 487977
View attachment 487978

Above - every motorsports enthusiast should read Mark Donoghue's Unfair Advantage - it will open your eyes to the amount of preparation that goes into a successful racing car - the sort of thorough preparation that Mark did before even some of the factories had caught up.

Bottom right - Inside Shelby American was written by John Morton who later went on to win National titles for Datsun (Nissan). He starts with Shelby as a sweeper upper and odd jobs man and progresses to race driver - it gives a fascinating background account.

You can get these books secondhand from Amazon for just a few pence in some cases and provided that your English reading is OK I am sure you will thoroughly enjoy them.

Next Series
The next series: Historic BSCC 2 and AMOC 80 Intermarque starts in January next year and I hope you will all want to join in. Link to next series:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...st-day-3rd-january-2016.316028/#post-11120084

Although Buybon has retired from the series, he's still ahead of me.

Anyways, I have my Europa ready, so I'll join the Nordschleife! :D:tup:

What is the transmission flip method?💡

It's a tuning method that gives you the closest possible gear ratios. Basically, you set the final drive ratio to max and then you adjust the top speed slider. That will load the closest possible gear ratios. Then you set the gear ratios to whatever you want them to be (some people prefer to have the closest ratios in the lower gears, some prefer to have them in the higher gears, some prefer an equal spread) and in the end you adjust the final drive ratio to get the speed that you want.

It has a big effect on high power low torque engines, since you can avoid running at low engine speeds (where the power is drastically lower), but a very small effect on high torque engines since they usually have a wider power band. It's useless for cars where the power is heavily reduced by the power limiter, since that produces a flat power curve and you'll always be at full power anyway.

Are the whole Round 1, 2 and 3's points dropped? Or Are Race 1, 2 from Round 1 and the Race 1 from Round 2 points dropped?

Back