Sundays 17:00-19:00 GMT - HISTORIC LM Replicas: Champions: Siggers, Harsk, PimikiFinished 

Do you have a PS4?

• No and planning to switch to PC, XBox One or retire (please let me know approximately when).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it's the rounds with the lowest scores that are dropped. So in your case that would be round 1 and 2.

Eran is correct.

We do this because people might need to be absent or they may have a couple of bad rounds due to connection problems, lagging, track knowledge or racing incidents. Originally dropped scores were used in motor racing because of the unreliability of cars and also to save on transport costs.

Spaces for Reserve Drivers
We definitely have a few spaces for reserve drivers this sunday - please let me know if you are interested / available.

@XK50 @Cu3e @TonyLomas @S_Bridge @Sutsagrd @Zmihalik

In case they don't get an alert, you should send a pm to the reserves. Just saying since it happened to me a couple of times. Probably when the thread I was tagged in hasn't been 'watched'.

Sorry Sick. I doubt I'll be available today.
Gutted there's space and I can't attend esp at the mighty nordschleife. Have a great race guys.

:cheers:

It was a lucky day for me: 3 class wins in just 1 day and a Overall Win with a Lotus Europa! :eek:

Race 1: I qualified in a front of @Flaco13 . I had an great battle with him on going right behind. In Caroussel corner, I accidentally bumped into Flaco, so I could overtake, but I had to give him back the position because the overtake was unfair. But still good, as I have win the GT5 class and a unexpected 2nd place overall, as the @bloodyboyblue wasn't there!

Race 2: The race 2 was set to the Fastest First. But I can't believe that Flaco was put behind when he was supposed to be in front of me! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I had a great battle with @Siggers from GT40. The battle was nearly lost, as I accidentally have divebombed into him, so I decided to let @Manasseh257NSX to overtake me, and wait for Siggers to give him back the positions. But a miracle came when Manasseh has spun out and with that, I have managed to catch Siggers.
At final Straight, Siggers was in front of me. But because his GT40's gearbox was blocked up to 270 km/h and my Europa was up to 290 km/h, then, I have managed to overtake him easily. :sly:

At Lap 2, Flaco recovered and went to chase for the victory. Before that, Siggers, @tarnheld and I were fighting for the victory. It was an great battle.

At final straight, Flaco tried to overtake me, but because my Europa had less weight than his Ferrari (Austin Healey), then, that was a unexpected win, but the most of important of all was that the Victory was fair and it was very well deserved for me. :D

Race 3: In Qualify, I was in front, but I accidentally overshoot my #6 GT40 into the grass which caused me to drop to the 5th.
But I have managed to overtake @LexLathor , @Sick Cylinder and @AndreasR .

On the race, I had a good start on overtaking Siggers, but I couldn't catch Manasseh's Matra, because despite of my efforts on closing the gap, He was so fast today. :grumpy:

In the final lap, I suffered a bump from Siggers, but I have regonized that it was my fault because I blocked him unintentionally. At the corner before Caroussel, Siggers spun out. I was going to take the 2nd place, but if I would do that, it would not be fair for me and neither for him. Therefore, I have decided to throw my victory away and take the 16 points, while giving the 20 points to Siggers, as he really deserved the 20 points. In that time, Lex already had left the lobby, which was a shame in my opinion as it was too easy for me winning the GT40 class ahead of Flaco and @Pimasz (Pimiki).

It was a good race day for me. Now I'm not too over pressure like I was before and now I do not think too much on getting the win like before. 👍

Turns out the guys from 'Porsche Systems Engineering'* are quite nice folks and very capable. Wasn't easy to get the car to my likings but with some last tweaks they managed to set it up really good. The biggest problem was the grip loss due to the weight transfer in the back of the car. We found a way eventually and I posted a 7:23 in Training ( Offline) so I knew the car was fast, and as long as it handles stable (Online) I was confident about the races. So, Qualifying went good despite the weird starting position. I wanted to suggest to start from pits but I forgot to tell Sick. Harsk fought hard and when we collided at the Karussel, he gave back the position which I then hold for the win.

Simba and I decided to leave the lobby to prevent instability and invisible drivers. Epic fail as we realized we would mess up the grid order and start from the back :grumpy::banghead: . But the car was amazing so i recovered 13th to 2nd.

GT40 was horrible. Just horrible.

Last edited:
Luckily i managed to arrive just in time for the Norschleife races -- intense races it turned out to be. :D First race i could avoid a crash with an out-of-control Ferrari and spend the rest of the lap making up places, a challenge on the tight track. Second race i found myself in the front of the grid and made just enough errors to avoid a podium. :lol: The third race was a win some, loose some game, messed it up in the final braking at Tiergarten. :rolleyes: But i'm glad i didn't miss this round! 👍

Championship Points

Round 9 Nordschleife 1967.jpg

Above (before dropped scores) Manasseh leads overall (GT40), Pimiki leads GT3 and Bloodyboyblue leads GT5 with Harsk only two points behind.

Below (before dropped scores) Siggers leads overall (Prototypes) while Lex Lathor leads GT40.

Round 9 Nordschleife 1966.jpg

Race Impressions
I found the GT40 tricky to drive in the 1967 Three Ten Cup - it really doesn't have much grip at the back on sports hard tyres and can be unstable on the brakes so I had to drive cautiously. The car feels alive - as if it wants to kill you if you show it disrespect. I can imagine they felt a bit like this in real life. I recently finished reading A J Baime's excellent book about the battle between Ford and Ferrari, which contains some detail on the difference driving the seven litre mark 2 v the 4.7 litre mark 1. Not surprisingly the Mark 2 with its heavier engine was faster in a straight line, but less nimble. The famous team manager Alan Mann regarded the 7 litres as sleds, but they were built with just one thing in mind - a le mans win.

The Mark 2's and 4's competed in Group 6 for Prototypes, while the Mark 1 competed against them in Group 4 as a sports car as more than 50 had been made. Sometimes the Chaparrals which competed were not eligible to race as they fell outside the rules of group 6, but were allowed to do so by organisers keen to maximise gate money - this caused some distress to Caroll Shelby and Ford when a Chaparral won at Sebring (Ferrari had already pulled his cars in protest).

My GT40 was all over the road and I'm sorry for anyone trying to get past - I wasn't deliberately blocking it's just a very wayward car on a very narrow track. Some people seem to have really clicked with the Ford though and obtained great results - I am not sure how they have the courage and / or skill as if I try to take any chances with the car I am normally driving backwards through a hedge.

The Jaguar XJ13 was a dream to drive after the wayward Ford - I am using a @praiano63 suspension tune, but with my own high torque, low power engine settings for good acceleration. The gearing was close, but perhaps a touch high - I had guessed the gears for the GT40 and XJ13 due to lack of time to practise (again) this week. I have enjoyed the XJ13 so much that I definitely want to use it again in another championship - it looks rather like the Cooper Monaco based "King Cobra" driven by Dave MacDonald.
Below - the incomparable Dave MacDonald: Top C2 Corvette, first win in a Cobra, early days C1 Corvette and bottom picture in his Shelby "King Cobra".

Dave MacDonald The Cars.jpg

Next Round - Midfield - Spaces available for Reserves at this round!

I love the GT40! It feels very "alive".

It's best to get most of your braking done before the corners. Then if you can a bit of trail braking letting the rear slide out a little, on the apex applying the throttle to let the back end sit down making it rocket into the distance.
Of course this can all go wrong. :P

I've gone for less torque with mine. Try yours without the turbo Sick it might help. The extra boost and the limited flater power curve would I expect make it more tricky to control.

John - While the power is limited to 310hp you can add different components and still achieve this. Many of them increase the torque of the engine also. You can, like Sick, add a turbo for instance to add more grunt (torque) but this then adds more bhp which you then have to reduce via the limiter. This then gives you a flat power "curve" which in theory is good but is less realistic and I find it harder to control the throttle since there's less range to work with. And more torque can result in more wheel spin and tyre wear.

I have a purpose for Sick Cylinder.

What do you guys think if I open a rally lobby 2 hours before the Round 11 Rome starts in next Sunday (December 20th)? The rally lobby would be open at 15:00 GMT for Time Trial Events. (For who might not be able to participate in Tuesday)

What do you think of my idea?

PS: Sorry for off-topic.

I have a purpose for Sick Cylinder.

What do you guys think if I open a rally lobby 2 hours before the Round 11 Rome starts in next Sunday (December 20th)? The rally lobby would be open at 15:00 GMT for Time Trial Events. (For who might not be able to participate in Tuesday)

What do you think of my idea?

PS: Sorry for off-topic.
I don't see how that'd be a purpose for Sick Cylinder but count me in on that one. Wouldn't mind some rallying for a change and since Tuesdays are absolutely impossible for me, Sundays will do.
P.S. I love your english, and I thought mine was flawed.

Last edited:
I don't see how that'd be a purpose for Sick Cylinder but count me in on that one. Wouldn't mind some rallying for a change and since Tuesdays are absolutely impossible for me, Sundays will do.
P.S. I love your english, and I thought mine was flawed.
That's great on being able to count on you, Flaco. 👍

Well, here's the Event which we will do in Sunday before the Rome Meeting starts, at 15:00 GMT.

Anyways, I have sent Sick a PM about this idea 1 hour before and I had purposed this idea to Zolon32 when I have raced with him yesterday in Racers Reunited 1 day before I did this here.

I have been thinking on "Rally The Career" Trophy and I think to include the following:
Mini Cooper 1.3i '98 (Tuning Prohibited)- FF Drivetrain
Alpine A110 1600S 72 (Tuning Prohibited)- RR Drivetrain
Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR Rally Car '74 (118 BHP/885 kg)- FR Drivetrain
Nissan Bluebird Rally Car 510 '69 (128 BHP/965 kg)- FR Drivetrain
Lotus Elise '96 (Tuning Prohibited)- MR Drivetrain
Toyota MR-2 V Edition '03 (Tuning Prohibited)- MR Drivetrain
MG MGF '97 (Tuning Prohibited)- MR Drivetrain
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X P.P. '07 (291 BHP/1450 kg)- 4WD Drivetrain
Subaru Impreza WRX STi Spec C '09 (286 BHP/1355 kg)- 4WD Drivetrain
Subaru Impreza WRX STi '10 (276 BHP/1350 kg)- 4WD Drivetrain

What do you think?

Sorry for off-topic again.

Regarding to my rally series, Sick has agreed on doing the Rally Event in next Sunday.

I got the following post.
No problem - It might be best to finish the event half an hour before we start i.e. at 16:30 gmt.

So, that means that we'll be having a rally event in next sunday. 👍

No driver interview this week? :(

Thanks for the reminder Manasseh - I ran out of time yesterday!

Interview with John Wells
Another of our weekly interviews, this time with long time stalwart of the series John Wells.

1. What is the secret behind your speed?

I'm not that fast unfortunately, wish I could be quicker, but I'll never be an Alien. But its the enjoying racing that counts.

2. Do you use a wheel or controller?

I use wheel, but used a controller for along time.

3. If you use a wheel, what sort of wheel and rig or stand?

I use a stand, that's quite good, hopefully be able, to use it still if I go to PS4.

4. How many hours per week do you practise?

I usually practice about a couple of hours, per week. Have been joining Lex, on Friday, for couple of laps, find quite useful following somebody.

5. How do you tune your cars - what do you start with first?

I'm not that great, tuning, have had a lot help from yourself, this series, with my gear ratios. Mainly get some from tuning forum, but some been quite hard to drive, with harder suspension. But have got some ideas from, from other interviews, about transmission flips, which I have yet to try.

6. How long have you been playing GT?

I've been playing GT from the first one, think the best, was GT2, GT4. Only started playing online, with GT5, which I have enjoyed racing in the community.

7. How old are you or is that private?

I'm 46.

8. What does your family think of your hobby?

Family are usually okay, but sometimes, they say I have been on there far to long.

9. What sort of car do you drive in real life?

I drive a Seat Leon 1.4 mk1, its okay for the price I payed. But I had a Ford Mondeo Si 2ltr mk2, sports suspension, sports, gear ratios this was a lot fun.

10. Do you drive fast in real life?

Sometimes, depends, the ford could do nearly 130 mph, much safer going n track though.

11. What car would you drive if you won a lot of money?

If I had a lot of money, Lotus Elise, or Aston Martin DB10.

Spaces for Reserve Drivers
There will definitely be at least two spaces for reserve drivers on Sunday as Buybon has retired from the series and I will be unable to attend - @LexLathor will be hosting the meeting. A reserves who want to attend please let me know asap. @XK50 @Sutsagrd @TonyLomas @Zmihalik

That 1967 Flavour!
Get that 1967 flavour and get in the mood for this Sunday's races at Midfield by watching this short film of the 1967 London Motor Show. Apart from its hilarious commentary, it includes some fabulous cars such as the AC 428 Frua Fastback which was a grand touring car using a lengthened 427 Cobra chassis and a 7 litre Ford engine. There is also an appearance by the Bertone Jaguar Pirana, which was a car commissioned by the Daily Telegraph newspaper on an 4.2 E Type chassis. Also, the Lamborghini Marzal a concept car with a 2 litre 6 cylinder engine (the commentator wrongly calls it a 210mph 4 litre). A year later these two concept cars formed the basis of the Lamborghini Espada.

While you guys raced at the ring I had A Night at the Opera™ racing the third movement of Rachmaninov's 2nd symphony. So unfortunately I have no race report to share this week. Instead I'll share a couple of photos that I just found hidden away in a folder on my computer.

Every year at the end of May, a classic car club have a meeting in the village where I live. They park their cars just across the road :D

These are some of the cars from the 2014 meeting.

DSC04817.JPG DSC04821.JPG DSC04822.JPG DSC04837.JPG DSC04839.JPG DSC04852.JPG DSC04855.JPG DSC04861.JPG

While you guys raced at the ring I had A Night at the Opera™ racing the third movement of Rachmaninov's 2nd symphony. So unfortunately I have no race report to share this week. Instead I'll share a couple of photos that I just found hidden away in a folder on my computer.

Every year at the end of May, a classic car club have a meeting in the village where I live. They park their cars just across the road :D

These are some of the cars from the 2014 meeting.

View attachment 490547 View attachment 490548 View attachment 490550 View attachment 490551 View attachment 490552 View attachment 490553 View attachment 490554 View attachment 490555
How can these cars be in Sweden? :lol:

I usually don't see muscle cars in Portugal, but I have seen a imported 2010 Ford Mustang parked in Fórum Montijo (it is a Shopping Center).

It's crazy how many imported classic American cars seem to be in Europe based on your pictures, whereas the number of imported European cars over here is very very small. There's a 90's Alfa Spider at the dealership next to where I work and that's the only European car I think I've seen in the last few years. Imported JDM cars are much more common in Canada for some reason, like there's a Pulsar Gti-R in my town, as well as a R32 skyline or two and the occasional Mitsubishi Delica. Guess it must be because they generally have lower mileage and are somehow cheaper to import even though it's further to cross the pacific than the Atlantic.

Back